AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-01, 10:15   Link #801
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Not all VN Players hate it. Some just dislike it and some like it. And some only laugh about it...
In my case as a VN player, I laugh about both camps.
Old 2010-01-01, 11:15   Link #802
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
It really depends. VN players hate it but most anime only viewers love it.
While it might be true for most of the VN players (myself included*), some of them actually liked the anime adaptation. As for the anime only viewers, I've seen some pretty mixed reactions outside of AnimeSuki. From what I've read, it seems that they simply didn't get the concept behind Umineko. The large number of VN players here might have helped in a sense since we could explain some of the aspects of the story that the anime failed to portray.

*I wouldn't go as far to say that I 'hate' the anime, but I certainly did not like it.

Last edited by Orophin; 2010-01-02 at 18:17.
Old 2010-01-01, 13:16   Link #803
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Funi's actually going to dub Higurashi Kai instead of letting the property rot? Now there's the real shocker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I definietly never heard this. Is there a source you have?

I'm just as shocked as June 1983 is. Since the death of Geneon they haven't really touched Kai, even though they said they would. Plus they tend to dub very popular series and Umineko's sales aren't exactly stunning.
As for HiguKai, it was said by one of FUNi's henchmen himself (the one who did the live show on youtube) that the Higurashi boxset actually sells very well at cons and such, so they do want to also release Kai, however I have never heard anything said about Umineko.
Old 2010-01-02, 17:35   Link #804
Project_MkUltra

Questions for the series:

1. Why can't battler use the Blue text to deny witches?

Let's say he says in blue

Witches don't exist

It's considered true unless Beatrice says in Red that witches do exist.

2. If witches don't exist, why is one right in front of him?
Old 2010-01-02, 17:56   Link #805
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

She tries to get him to say that during the final battle in EP4. If preceded by a proper argument, it probably could kill her, but it seems like in general blue text is used to present a possible series of events, as opposed to such statements.

As for how Beato appears in front of Battler if she doesn't exist... well, it just speaks volumes about the failure of the anime that this wasn't made clear, but the argument that witches don't exist is intended to apply only to the gameboard.
Old 2010-01-02, 18:08   Link #806
June 1983

I'm fairly certain there is a scene in the VN where Virgilia talks about why red text/blue text can't be used to deny witches in such a point-blank manner. Maybe I can find it.

edit: I can't really remember the exact scene, but I feel like it must be in Ep 3, though it could be in 4. If I remember correctly, she tells Battler, you could try use red text or blue text to deny witches, but that isn't the point of the game is it? The point is to find out the truth about the murders, the non-witch truth. Saying "witches don't exist" in blue or red doesn't solve that mystery at all.

As for the second question ... you really haven't grasped that concept yet? *groan*

I'm just going to copy what MarthX wrote in a thread on My Anime List:

Quote:
How can Battler deny the existence of witches and magic when he's talking with one?

Before the tea party begins in the visual novel, a black screen appears with the word "Purgatario" on it. Based on this, it's safe to say that the world Battler and Beatrice speak in is the after life. The after life doesn't concern Battler. He denies their existence in the real world.

Battler believes that Beatrice only exists in the Meta World because others believe she does. The murders couldn't be explained, so they believed Beatrice was the culprit. If Battler can prove the murders can be done without magic (prove that Beatrice wasn't the culprit) then she will cease to exist in the Meta World. NOTE: this is just what Battler believes. It doesn't necessarily make it the truth
Old 2010-01-02, 19:27   Link #807
xHopE
Golden Witch ~

Hmm, lives Jessica with her familiy on Rokkenjima or not? XD
Sorry for this question but a friend says that she don't live there.
Old 2010-01-02, 19:30   Link #808
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

She does, that's been stated since EP1.
Old 2010-01-09, 23:14   Link #809
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Where are the Umineko sprites for the individual characters stored in the game files, and how can I extract/view them?

Thanks.
Old 2010-01-10, 00:09   Link #810
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

they are inside the *.nsa files. which include all the graphic files of the game.
To extract them you need "nsaout.exe". Place it inside the main game folder and then execute it.
The graphic files will be automatically converted and placed inside a new folder called "arc"

you can find the program here:

http://nscripter.insani.org/downloads/nsaout.zip

Old 2010-01-10, 00:24   Link #811
Arachanox
Trust the red.

It did spend quite some time unpacking all the images, but ultimately, I found no 'arc' folder. Could there be somewhere else it is located? Thanks.
Old 2010-01-10, 00:56   Link #812
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
It did spend quite some time unpacking all the images, but ultimately, I found no 'arc' folder. Could there be somewhere else it is located? Thanks.
There's two arc.nsa

One in the fullsrc folder and one in the witch hunt folder. I prefer taking it from the fullsrc folder, but its your call.
Old 2010-01-10, 08:26   Link #813
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

the witch hunt folder? You mean the one of the witch hunt patch?
That one only includes modified graphic for translation purposes and therefore doesn't contain portraits.

Quote:
t did spend quite some time unpacking all the images, but ultimately, I found no 'arc' folder. Could there be somewhere else it is located? Thanks.
That never happened to me... did you use it on EP6? Maybe they changed something, but as far as I know EP4 and EP5 always worked the same.
In any case if the program really worked you should have a lot of "bmp" files. Try making a general search on your computer for "bmp" files, you shouldn't have many of them on other directories.

Old 2010-01-10, 22:45   Link #814
maximilianjenus
[E]

That just happened to me, I hope you are running either vista or 7 (I am running 7), instead of double clicking the extraction tools, right click them, then run as administrator, otherwise windows won't allow the tools to write to the program files folder.
Old 2010-01-10, 23:00   Link #815
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
That just happened to me, I hope you are running either vista or 7 (I am running 7), instead of double clicking the extraction tools, right click them, then run as administrator, otherwise windows won't allow the tools to write to the program files folder.
I tried that, and it's running right now. Unlike last time, however, an 'arc' folder actually appeared in the subdirectory, so I'm hopeful right now

Thanks.
Old 2010-01-11, 20:56   Link #816
battlebattler

Since there is no VN Q and A thread I am going to post it here

Spoiler for Dlanor and something else:
Old 2010-01-11, 21:30   Link #817
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlebattler View Post

Spoiler for Response, EP 5 spoiler:
Old 2010-01-11, 23:29   Link #818
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:

Spoiler for Episode5:

Old 2010-01-13, 17:22   Link #819
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Also, what does it mean when something has dots over it and how is this interpreted in the anime?
This part isn't a spoiler, so:

The dots are just used for emphasis, like bold and italic text in English. They don't have a special meaning like the colored text does.
Old 2010-01-13, 20:00   Link #820
bereal31

I have a question:

What's wrong with Shannon's maid skirt?! I mean, a split skirt is one thing, but this one is missing a giant strip! Could Kinzo be a pedo?!

Tags
q&a