AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-05-08, 10:11   Link #1661
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Parts of ch107 are out now. It also confirms that the manga will conclude in the June issue of Shounen Gangan. Chapter 107 is supposedly 80 pages long. I regret looking at the images. If you haven't seen them yet, I suggest staying away until the full chapter is out. Omg.....!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 10:42   Link #1662
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks for the warning. I'll try to resist until the chapter is out, but your teasing isn't helping

A simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Omg.....!
and I'm already dying to see those pics........
.......must....... resist.....
Old 2010-05-08, 13:26   Link #1663
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well i was spoiled by the image that was posted in the speculation thread. I can now say, OMG!
Old 2010-05-08, 13:40   Link #1664
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Parts of ch107 are out now. It also confirms that the manga will conclude in the June issue of Shounen Gangan. Chapter 107 is supposedly 80 pages long. I regret looking at the images. If you haven't seen them yet, I suggest staying away until the full chapter is out. Omg.....!
Hmm... One person suggesting we stay away from spoiler pics means something big happened. Two people suggesting we stay away from spoiler pics usually means
Spoiler for pure speculation -- DO NOT CONFIRM OR DENY:
Old 2010-05-08, 13:45   Link #1665
B.K.

Those few pages that are out now were amazing. I can't believe that that is just a fraction of the full chapter. It's going to take a lot of willpower not to spoil the final chapter next month.
B.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 14:30   Link #1666
Kirarakim

Not only did I hear this chapter is 80 pages I heard the final chapter will be about 150 pages (I am not sure if that has been confirmed but if that is true that would be awesome).
Old 2010-05-09, 11:12   Link #1667
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Well I couldn't help myself and had to go see the spoiler Gotta say that was pretty surprising. I don't understand why the last 2 chapters are so long. Why not make them normal length and stretch it out a couple more chapters instead of dumping at least 140+ pages on us with tons of material in a short 2 months?
________
Bmw r65

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:18.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-09, 11:25   Link #1668
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Well I couldn't help myself and had to go see the spoiler Gotta say that was pretty surprising. I don't understand why the last 2 chapters are so long. Why not make them normal length and stretch it out a couple more chapters instead of dumping at least 140+ pages on us with tons of material in a short 2 months?
Well I'm guessing that it's partly for coordinating things so that the manga and Brotherhood ends at the same time. Or maybe Arakawa was planning to do it like this all along - you have to admit that 80 page and 150 page chapters are pretty exciting Saves a lot of room for an epilogue, too. I don't think it would be as cool if there has to be a seperate chapter for an epilogue - the impact of the ending would diminish.
Old 2010-05-09, 12:37   Link #1669
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Seen what should be the entire chapter, now, and it's pretty cool. I can't say I was surprised all that much by anything in this chapter, since Arakawa is so good at foreshadowing that most everything is met more with "Son of a gun, that makes a lot of sense" rather than "OMG, how did that happen!"
Spoiler for vague mention of BIG 107 spoiler, not the one already posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Well I'm guessing that it's partly for coordinating things so that the manga and Brotherhood ends at the same time. Or maybe Arakawa was planning to do it like this all along - you have to admit that 80 page and 150 page chapters are pretty exciting Saves a lot of room for an epilogue, too. I don't think it would be as cool if there has to be a seperate chapter for an epilogue - the impact of the ending would diminish.
Don't be so certain of that 150 page final chapter just yet. We haven't even had an 80 page chapter yet. 107 sure wasn't, unless there was a LOT of filler outside of the ~60 spoiler pages I read. I don't know where people are getting the idea that it's 80 (actually I do, but that's where poop comes from, not ideas). And no one knows how long 108 will be. It could be 150 pages, it could be 60 like the last several, or it could be 200. No one will know until it's out or there is an announcement made.

That's the problem with getting over-excited about a series, is that a page and a half after someone speculates or throws out an unfounded rumor, it's taken as gospel truth. Everybody just calm down a little bit until the full chapter is out there. There will be plenty to get legitimately excited about once that happens. Trust me... ^_^

And for God's sake don't look at the individual spoiler pages until then. If you can find the chapter in order (like I did) it should be okay, though... (and no, I'm not answering any PMs as to where, so don't ask)
Old 2010-05-09, 15:30   Link #1670
Kirarakim

I know where you got the chapter and there are pages missing. Someone who works on the scanlation confirmed there are 71 pages (Although I guess that isn't 80 so the 150 pages is still up in the air).

http://twitter.com/mangastream/status/13671908491
Old 2010-05-09, 15:41   Link #1671
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
That would make sense . There are only two more months left; I wish it were longer . But I will enjoy reading the super long chapters nonetheless
________
PAXIL SETTLEMENTS

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:20.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 00:42   Link #1672
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Realistically, if 107 is 70 pages or so, then 108 should be 100-120 pages at most. A volume of FMA is typically about 180 pages, so 104-106 would make Vol26, and 107-108 should make Vol27. While it's nice to imagine a final volume being over 200 pages, I doubt it will happen.
Old 2010-05-10, 01:26   Link #1673
ChronoReverse

Wouldn't it be hilarious if a volume consisted of a single chapter?
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 01:30   Link #1674
Gooral
Banned

I'm glad that Arakawa will make humongous chapter at the end. Waiting another month for the final conclusion would diminish the effect of excitement. It would also be great if the final epsiode of FMA:B would be twice as long, or better four times as long as normal just like it is in some of the tv shows (Lost for example).
As for the 71 pages, if you count some bonus pages it would probably be 2 pages more, so it was closer to 80 than to 60. Maybe we won't be getting 150 pages next month but 140? It's possible. Volumes may be a little shorter/longer, especially the final one (although 200 pages won't happen, that's for sure, 150 is a maximum max).
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-10, 09:22   Link #1675
Kirarakim

From looking at a clean Raw I think that 71 page count includes the extras, so I guess there was only 60+ pages of actual content.

edit: Okay I counted 68 pages of actual content (not counting title pages and so forth).
Old 2010-05-10, 09:39   Link #1676
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Pretty much the same as the last two chapters then, which if the rumour about the last chapter is true, making it mighty special.
Old 2010-05-10, 09:41   Link #1677
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Pretty much the same as the last two chapters then, which if the rumour about the last chapter is true, making it mighty special.
Well considering the rumor was attached to the statement that this chapter was 80 pages I am starting to doubt it. I do think there is a good chance it might be longer than even these last few chapters have been though.

And I still am hoping we will get a gaiden/epilogue in the final volume.
Old 2010-05-10, 09:48   Link #1678
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah you're probably right. Am expecting the last chapter to be more pages then what we've seen for the past couple of chapters, though then again that just means more material to animate for Brotherhood, and it's hard to say if they have enough space for it all.
Old 2010-05-10, 09:54   Link #1679
duckroll
綺羅星★!

We can safely say that the "80 pages 107 and 150 pages 108" rumor is bullshit now. It was weird to begin with, because I don't see why Gangan would even state how long the next chapter is. Since they didn't, and ch107 is not 80 pages, the entire thing is pretty much bullocks.

Ch108 will probably be longer than usual, like the last 3 chapters have been, but it could be anything from 70 pages, to 100 pages. I fully expect the final volume to have extra material (which will likely not make it into the TV series, but might be added in the final volume of the DVD/BD release) just to push the sales of the final volume through the roof.
Old 2010-05-10, 10:02   Link #1680
Kirarakim

Well I will definitely be buying the final volume. I can't even read them but I buy them all (and all the Viz Translated versions). I am just a bit obsessed with FMA. I already don't know what I will do when it is over.

I wonder who will be on the final spines. I am thinking Trisha might make one.

There used to be a lot of special prizes attached to the FMA tankobons but they stopped that. I wonder if there will be anything special (besides bonus material) with the final volume.