AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-23, 17:30   Link #121
Cilia

My first post here, i hope my english isn't as bad as I think it is :)

About episode 5 :

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-24, 11:59   Link #122
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernhelm
Steve seems to be the most levelheaded of the Phantom crew. kuromitsu, i'm not sure but was that him acting like the sergeant in the dramas?
He is in the dramas, but he's not the sergeant - he seems to be the same rank as Jin & Jou. At least that's how I remember, but I can't check it now, I have no time to listen to the whole thing again (why can't they put it up for download...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephonith
My theory was that it was Hee-jin's Japanese name, through the whole thing where non-Japanese must adopt Japanese names when getting citizenship,
That may be correct, actually. Maybe it's just a coincidence that Hee-jin's name is the same as what I think is a nickname Toraji gave Leni. Or who knows, maybe Toraji calls every woman "Oryo"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilia
Soundtrack for this episode was really great ! I totally love the piano pieces, and the animation for those parts was top-notch !
I agree - they actually looked like they were playing the pieces. That was some rather impressive animation. Also, the music was absolutely great. I want the OST now.

As for the rest... (sorry for my bad English, my brain seems to be in stand-by mode today)
Spoiler:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2006-08-24 at 12:21.
Old 2006-08-24, 12:34   Link #123
Aniki Meiski

Toraji calls every woman Oryo because he fancies himself as Ryoma Sakamoto, the father modern Japanese navy. Oryo is Ryoma's wife. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakamoto_Ryoma
Old 2006-08-26, 00:07   Link #124
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Innocent Venus Web Radio

oh man, don't tell me there'll be a clash with Shinsengumi reincarnations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu
He is in the dramas, but he's not the sergeant - he seems to be the same rank as Jin & Jou. At least that's how I remember, but I can't check it now, I have no time to listen to the whole thing again (why can't they put it up for download...).
have no fear, i was able to rip them.

so, for anyone else too who wants to grabe these Radio Shows with the Drama Tracks near the end...

innocent-v radio 3
innocent-v radio 4
innocent-v radio 5
innocent-v radio 6
innocent-v radio 7

*best played with VLC so you can use the seeker bar*

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.

Last edited by Dernhelm; 2006-08-26 at 03:38.
Old 2006-08-26, 00:40   Link #125
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki Meiski
Toraji calls every woman Oryo because he fancies himself as Ryoma Sakamoto, the father modern Japanese navy. Oryo is Ryoma's wife. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakamoto_Ryoma
While that is an intersting suggestion, I was under the impression that he calls her Oryo, because that is the Japanese reading of the Korean characters that spell the name, Hee-jin. It probably does encourage him to make that joke though.

I'm sure that the writers were cracking up when they thought of giving her a name that could be read as Oryo. I'm impressed that you made the connection to Ryouma. He's definitely got a few things in common with him.

Note: My source for the Japanese reading of "Hee-jin" being "Oryu" is in the KissSub version of episode 3 at 11:50. If anyone knows that they are wrong, please speak out.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-26, 01:05   Link #126
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

KissSub acknowledged their mistake in Ep04.
Old 2006-08-26, 01:06   Link #127
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Thanks. I missed that. Then he's probably just amusing himself with that Sakamoto Ryouma reference.

Where in the episode was this retraction?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-08-26, 01:13   Link #128
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Thanks. I missed that. Then he's probably just amusing himself with that Sakamoto Ryouma reference.

Where in the episode was this retraction?
After the OP, when the episode title shows up. Around 03:06.
Old 2006-08-26, 03:37   Link #129
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
While that is an intersting suggestion, I was under the impression that he calls her Oryo, because that is the Japanese reading of the Korean characters that spell the name, Hee-jin. It probably does encourage him to make that joke though.

I'm sure that the writers were cracking up when they thought of giving her a name that could be read as Oryo. I'm impressed that you made the connection to Ryouma. He's definitely got a few things in common with him.

Note: My source for the Japanese reading of "Hee-jin" being "Oryu" is in the KissSub version of episode 3 at 11:50. If anyone knows that they are wrong, please speak out.
the thing is, he also calls Leni "Oryo", that's why we're now assuming it's a nickname he kinda assigns to women.

Old 2006-08-26, 09:28   Link #130
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Duet

Thanks to Cilia & kuromitsus' reviews I could perfectly understood what happens in this episode.

Now we have a broader picture about Jin.
Spoiler:

Jou I can compare him to Layla from Avenger. Both non-talkative but decisively loyal to the person they care/respect about.
Spoiler:

Look like we know now who was Toraji's sensei with the katana.
Spoiler:

For Sana we got the broad picture of her family. I wonder if Dr. Nobuto was actually the designer for the Gladiators, which I think it is him.
On the photo Sana is the spitting image of her mother, but doesn't look strange that although she inherited the same color of her mothers' eyes, Sana's hair matches no color from her parents?

I wonder whatever clue that Dr. Nobuto hide in Sana is related to the piano score?

By the preview for episode six.....
Spoiler:

There was an announcement in the preview telling that episode six won't air until three weeks, September 13th.
Old 2006-08-26, 09:36   Link #131
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
T
There was an announcement in the preview telling that episode six won't air until three weeks, September 13th.
3 weeks?! woah that sucks.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-08-26, 16:57   Link #132
kuromitsu

>Dernhelm
Thank you~! I can't download them now, though, it seems I have to wait a little. (Apparently all slots designed for my country are full... damn.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-26, 17:18   Link #133
Cilia

I've ween watching the piano performance scenes in loop. I've already said it, but the piano pieces are just too great. I always fall for piano tracks

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Guido, you're too good to me since my review was, for a big part, wrong ^^
About Sana's hair color, i don't know what to think. It can be some hint for the story as it can be some unleashed imagination from the character designer.

All in all, Innocent Venus is a good anime. Even if 3D is not always that well integrated, the overall art is nice. The plot is more complex than it seems at first glance. It's delightful to watch the show knowing that the whole story is yet to be discovered.
Old 2006-08-27, 00:16   Link #134
Dernhelm
High on Jin

Quote:
I've ween watching the piano performance scenes in loop. I've already said it, but the piano pieces are just too great. I always fall for piano tracks
i got the first two on YouSendIt, the links might still probaby work

Old 2006-08-27, 08:59   Link #135
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
hmm

perhaps it will be Jou that protects Sana when Jins plan for revenge will get dangerous for Sana.
Old 2006-08-27, 16:44   Link #136
Dernhelm
High on Jin

for a moment, i thought whatever "secret weapon" there was would be in the piano playing and Sana unsealing it, lol.

anyway, that was pretty insightful of Sana so i've a bit of newfound respect for her. and i think it's awesome that Jin admittedly revealed his motives to her, with Sana even offering herself and then-here's what i thought what the really sweet part was (and i don't mean to imply at anything, mind you)-Jin doesn't want Sana to get involved. now what i want to see is Jin stick to his word, what with all the apparent shadiness this episode plus the previous ones have have shed light on. and Jo really seems to trust Jin, doesn't he? lol @ him throwing off Gora. XD

dang, an animated character is even better than me at playing the piano >_>
(seriously, that part was brilliantly animated. i was entranced by the movement of the hands and fingers touching the keys gently like they were real people.)

Last edited by Dernhelm; 2006-08-27 at 17:06.
Old 2006-08-27, 23:06   Link #137
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Wow, this anime's soundtrack is good good >.<. When does the OST come out? I needs it!
Old 2006-08-27, 23:18   Link #138
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Random Thoughts on Episode 05:
Spoiler for Ep05:

Cheers.
Old 2006-08-28, 03:53   Link #139
kuromitsu

Quote:
1/ It might be thanks to his father's political status, but this is pure speculation.
2/ Another hypothesis is that Dr Nobuto could have been a political figure as well, and that's why Jin tried firstly to get in touch with him.
I think 1) is more possible. More so as I can really see Jin being curious and sniffing around his father's top secret documents. :D

Quote:
The plot is more complex than it seems at first glance. It's delightful to watch the show knowing that the whole story is yet to be discovered.
Same here - the plot is not the most original ever, but it's interesting enough that if it wasn't an original story I would've already hunted down the source material and spoiled myself silly. :D It's more exciting this way, that I have to go with the pace of the anime and discover it as it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernhelm
i think it's awesome that Jin admittedly revealed his motives to her, with Sana even offering herself and then-here's what i thought what the really sweet part was (and i don't mean to imply at anything, mind you)-Jin doesn't want Sana to get involved.
Yes, that scene was very sweet - overall, I find Jin and Sana's relationship rather sweet, especially as it's not played for fanservice. But I have to wonder if Jin was telling the truth. I mean... okay, he looked awfully honest, and I see no reason why he shouldn't trust Sana, and I don't want him to lie, but still... (In the second episode of the radio drama he was positively creepy as he toyed with that soldier, even though it was just a poker game, and revealed that he knew he was being watched by Leni. He's really the type who may smile, and smile and be a villain...) I'd even go as far as suspecting that his real goal may not be simply revenge. He doesn't seem to me as someone who decides that he'd avenge his father without thinking about every possible consequence, and it seems he could gain quite much with disposing of the right people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
I still insist that Sana is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. She has the symptoms and the situation was ideal for fostering it.
I don't know, really. I think she just fancies Jin as her personal Prince Charming. I mean, if I were the same age and there was a guy who always tried to ensure my safety, always came running to get me out of trouble, indulged me whenever he could and in general, treated me like Jin treats Sana, I would probably feel the same way for him. Also so far, neither Jin nor Jou have treated her harshly, they didn't force her to do anything that wasn't necessary for their safety. Also, she's much less at ease with Jou than she is with Jin, obviously she's a bit afraid of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Jo's nonchalancy about Jin is amusing. His trademark phrase of "Whatever Jin does, I'll do as well" is practically begging to be twisted into slashfics. The horror, the funky horror.
xD That was my first thought when he said that line (and when they showed that expression on his face). Funny thing is, going by what the director said, Jin is supposed to be more likely to have, er, feelings for Jou... but who knows, maybe they switched the pairing. :D;;
Old 2006-08-28, 05:06   Link #140
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
~
I don't know, really. I think she just fancies Jin as her personal Prince Charming. I mean, if I were the same age and there was a guy who always tried to ensure my safety, always came running to get me out of trouble, indulged me whenever he could and in general, treated me like Jin treats Sana, I would probably feel the same way for him. Also so far, neither Jin nor Jou have treated her harshly, they didn't force her to do anything that wasn't necessary for their safety. Also, she's much less at ease with Jou than she is with Jin, obviously she's a bit afraid of him.
~
Spoiler for Ep05:

Tags
action