AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-01-23, 20:50   Link #22041
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Not to mention the kick on his groin. One would lose the movment of his legs just by taht.
Not really, from experience... at least, not more then you lose control over the rest of your body as you forcibly assume a fetal position. And a groin kick is certainly not followed by numbness of the legs... mostly just moaning and feeble movements, along with a lot of residual pain.

More on-topic... I've been going through my previous edits and cleaning up little things. I should be ready to tackle everything after Interlude 08 sometime in the next couple of days.

Also, Kaisos, after he died...?
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 20:53   Link #22042
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
More on-topic... I've been going through my previous edits and cleaning up little things. I should be ready to tackle everything after Interlude 08 sometime in the next couple of days.
That's excellent. I look forward to it.

Quote:
Also, Kaisos, after he died...?
Games with language, particularly pronouns, are fun.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 21:11   Link #22043
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Anything with pronouns is fun. Just try reading a bit of text with poor use of pronouns and you'll get my idea.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 04:48   Link #22044
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I make no apologies for the quality, this scene was HARD to produce.

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Kyonko: Streets of Nishinomiya- Hobo Girl:
Kyon and Kyonko play off each other pretty well. The interesting interaction between them is a credit to your writing skills. It does feels pretty similar to Kyon/Haruhi, which was probably the intention; since Kyon, Haruhi, Kyonko and Haruki are more similar than they would believe.

You know, by this time Kyon should have been reflecting on the weirdness of the past few days, and their possible connection with the new girls. He might have been distracted by the action during the encounters, but at the end of this night he should have begun wailing about the weirdness in his life. Even if he is trying to hide a runaway girl in his room, there's no reason not to be paranoid, right?

The time jump for the walk home could have been explained by Kyon saying that he was too much in pain to make it anything but a silent walk.

Kyon could always jam a chair under the doorknob; in the morning, that should hold imouto long enough for Kyonko to hide. I bet Kyonko will demand the warm, soft bed, even if it was a guy's; on account of having not slept in one for days.
Of course, if they do forget to bar the door in that instance:

Imouto: Kyah! Kyon-kun turned into a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
Male Kyon is also a sucker for cute girls, and tries to be chivalrous as long as he can be lazy about it. He's probably going to give the bed to "Girl A" at this point.
QFT
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 10:43   Link #22045
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
and Imouto would have fun with Kyonko and Kyonko saying that Imouto is a sweet girl. Kyon thinks the opposite (a bratty girl).
Old 2010-01-24, 11:19   Link #22046
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Dunno... she'd probably be thinking of her brother the whole time.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 11:33   Link #22047
s07195
However,

Quote:
Not really, from experience... at least, not more then you lose control over the rest of your body as you forcibly assume a fetal position. And a groin kick is certainly not followed by numbness of the legs... mostly just moaning and feeble movements, along with a lot of residual pain.
I usually just fall dead on the ground with really random 1. twitching, 2. fits. I agree about the residual pain part though. Dammit hurts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
You know, by this time Kyon should have been reflecting on the weirdness of the past few days, and their possible connection with the new girls.
Um... I'd say that going through an end-of-the-world experience, killing a giant cricket, endless summer, yada yada has already traumatized Kyon to the point where weird ain't weird anymore. Other than Haruhi disappearing, of course. (OMG SPOILERS!!)
Quote:
He might have been distracted by the action during the encounters, but at the end of this night he should have begun wailing about the weirdness in his life. Even if he is trying to hide a runaway girl in his room, there's no reason not to be paranoid, right?
That's basically Kyon's job in the SOS-Dan

Quote:
The time jump for the walk home could have been explained by Kyon saying that he was too much in pain to make it anything but a silent walk.
Yeah.

Quote:
Of course, if they do forget to bar the door in that instance:

Imouto: Kyah! Kyon-kun turned into a girl!
I'm guessing this will happen sooner or later.

Quote:
QFT
QFT

I've had some thinking, and I think a reason that Kyonko cried would be because Kyon was being kind to her. Since Kyon=Kyonko, I guess she finally knew she could be a kind person too, not just a jerk, unobservant, and all the bad qualities she sees in Kyon, who is also her.
To put in short, what's true for one, is true for the other. Or something like that.
Should I put a "tl;dr" spoiler tag for the above?

Oh, and before I forget, will Nagato-san remember everything? Remember, she could remember every Endless Eight. All fifteen thousand something times or so.

Such a long post. What is this, I don't even.
Going to Taiwan for 5 days. Curse all the backlog. I'm only up to p. 132 or so

Last edited by s07195; 2010-01-24 at 11:59.
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 12:32   Link #22048
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Oh, and before I forget, will Nagato-san remember everything? Remember, she could remember every Endless Eight. All fifteen thousand something times or so.
This couldn't really work if either Nagato did, given what the first Dark Room interlude implies.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 02:13   Link #22049
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
Um... I'd say that going through an end-of-the-world experience, killing a giant cricket, endless summer, yada yada has already traumatized Kyon to the point where weird ain't weird anymore. Other than Haruhi disappearing, of course. (OMG SPOILERS!!)
True, but Tanigawa's writing is mostly having Kyon giving a running commentary on the events of his high school life as if he's writing his memoirs. For this day, and possibly the entire VN so far, he hasn't much lamented the possible ruin of his life by the weirdness. At least not to the level that we see in the novels. It is also about time that he start making connections, assessing the situation, and predicting what is going wrong. Any good VN PC would be shown using his brain for the srs business. Leads that fail to do so should logically turn out like School Days' Makoto.

Quote:
I've had some thinking, and I think a reason that Kyonko cried would be because Kyon was being kind to her. Since Kyon=Kyonko, I guess she finally knew she could be a kind person too, not just a jerk, unobservant, and all the bad qualities she sees in Kyon, who is also her.
To put in short, what's true for one, is true for the other. Or something like that.
Should I put a "tl;dr" spoiler tag for the above?

Such a long post. What is this, I don't even.
Going to Taiwan for 5 days. Curse all the backlog. I'm only up to p. 132 or so
Sounds good, but if Kyonko consciously recognized that, she shouldn't have been stomping on Kyon's crotch. Unless, she regrets it now.

Nagato probably couldn't. For her, time in E8 would be shaped like a spring. Time in this VN would be like a fork.

Good luck with our heaps of madness and CRACK.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 05:46   Link #22050
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Kyon: My Room- Nayuki:

No, the truck jokes will never get old. I love that gag to bits.

What I did here was combine the last three Kyonko scenes into one, simply because there wasn't enough content in my brain or in that outline to make it last that long.

Please, do enjoy.

For those who are interested, yes, "love comedy" really is a central theme of the Co-Op Route, and yes, I did steal the closet thing from Shana.
Old 2010-01-25, 06:56   Link #22051
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yummy stuff. (stupid 10 char limit!)

:3
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 07:29   Link #22052
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Delicious.... now they will sleep together XD one day or another... they will sleep in one bed hugging each other until they wake up and Nayuki kicks him in the stomach.
Old 2010-01-25, 08:15   Link #22053
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:

Oh sure, NOW he thinks of Koizumi first

Quote:
Truck jokes are fun. Kyon's always connected to trucks, even in Haruhi-chan

But yeah, I'm feeling some magic coming up next!
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 08:42   Link #22054
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
I was joking, you know.

Quote:
Nah, by the time of this VN, there haven't be that many weird stuff yet.

Quote:
Make sense, even if in a unconcious level.

Quote:
True, but Tanigawa's writing is mostly having Kyon giving a running commentary on the events of his high school life as if he's writing his memoirs. For this day, and possibly the entire VN so far, he hasn't much lamented the possible ruin of his life by the weirdness. At least not to the level that we see in the novels. It is also about time that he start making connections, assessing the situation, and predicting what is going wrong. Any good VN PC would be shown using his brain for the srs business. Leads that fail to do so should logically turn out like School Days' Makoto.
I guess Kaisos listened you, 'cause Kyon have just made the conections. :

Quote:
Sounds good, but if Kyonko consciously recognized that, she shouldn't have been stomping on Kyon's crotch. Unless, she regrets it now.
This was before. Beside, she was bein assalted, even if she noticed Kyon was kind of possessed, she stil had to rid him of her.

Quote:
Heh, nice cute funny scene. Kyo in 'loud and obnoxious' mode was really funny. Specially the first sentence. But, for some reason I tought it was impossible going past the living room to Kyon room without anyone noticing, unless Kyon actually breaked the glasses in the kitchen I justt didn't undertood that?

About the name 'Nayuki', I understand why the choice, however, why haven't Kyonko just tell him her fake name she gave to Taniguchi&Kunikida? Maybe she don't want to lie to her other self? (the worse lie is the one you tell to yourself huh? )

Now, Kyon talking to himself is so true it is funny. I guess his narration style is wrking agains him. However, since it is the case, shouldn't you have Kyonko doing the same a bit more? (tough , reading back a fw scenes, I noticed she does talk to nobody a few times)

By the way, how big is Kyon's closet? I problaby could hide in mine, but wouldn't be able to change there.

Quote:
Heh, if trucks keep poping that much we may have to have a 'truck passing' sound.

Quote:
What I did here was combine the last three Kyonko scenes into one, simply because there wasn't enough content in my brain or in that outline to make it last that long.
I blame the original 3 scenes idea. A Strange Day might be able to hold a full recap scene, even if a short one. Having a entire scene for "Kyonko Sneaking In" is just too much.

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Oh sure, NOW he thinks of Koizumi first
Kyon aways think in Koizumi first. He finds Mikuru unreliable, so he never tell her stuff, and he usually don't like to bother Yuki too much, specially after Disappearance. So Itsuki ends up as Kyon's confident, the first people Kyon looks for explanations when weird thing happen.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 09:00   Link #22055
Magnificate

Kyon’s ineptitude of behaving like a delinquent is quite funny.
Spoiler:

I can only imagine the expression on Kyonko’s face when she says that.

BTW, does Haruki have a ponytail fetish or just likes Kyonko’s hair in general?
Quote:
But, for some reason I tought it was impossible going past the living room to Kyon room without anyone noticing,
Nah, Kyonko knows the lay of the land and the furniture might be conveniently placed so I don’t see a problem with that.
Magnificate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 09:18   Link #22056
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificate View Post

If I remember correcting from my lurking, Kyonko believes that ponytails are hot or something along those lines.

Haruki might liek em due to the fact that Jane Smith (or whatever alias she has) had one.

I think it's up to the individual writer, really.

All Glory to the Greentext.
SgtHydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 09:25   Link #22057
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtHydra View Post
If I remember correcting from my lurking, Kyonko believes that ponytails are hot or something along those lines.
Kyonko probably find they pretty, which is probably why she could tell Kyon have a fetish for them.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 11:04   Link #22058
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Oh Kyon, you may look and sound a lot alike, but you're definitively not as good a BSer as Yuuichi.
Quote:
Voices or not, I demend a 'truck passing by' sound effect for these occurrences.
Quote:
Well, same here.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 13:47   Link #22059
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificate View Post
Look at it this way: Kyon has a ponytail festish ergo Kyonko likes ponytails.

Simple, no?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 14:01   Link #22060
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Kyonko may love her ponytail, but it's Haruki that (she's convinced) has the fetish for them.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan