AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 18 36.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 26.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-05, 21:26   Link #81
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I distinctly heard the word "Vocaloid" during the guy's phone call to Sorata, so it is fairly clear that it's a reference to Project Diva.

This kind of stuff happens all the time in research and in creative industries. I've seen two first-hand accounts of research mates whose findings could have turned into a fairly big publication, only to find that someone else had published the same thing just a few weeks earlier.
Old 2013-03-05, 22:09   Link #82
finalfury
Incognito

Way too much drama(as expected of the second "Toradora") Sorata, please rebound soon, you have a very good friend named Dragon who can help you make a game that will make the company cry like a baby.
Out of all the characters, Nanami doesn't have many options left to pursue her dream(seiyu), and damm, what's with this show rubbing in that hard work doesn't matter in the end? IIRC, there's only one instance that hard work payed off, two if you count the game for the school festival, and that's when Kanda's idea for a game was considered but somehow was rejected in the end i think. Note that I'm not too sure about the events that I mentioned or anything else for that matter.
My tears for Nanami are blinding my eyes. T.T
Old 2013-03-05, 23:45   Link #83
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor94 View Post
Project diva is not mentionned in this episode (unless i miss a detail), we know only sorata have lost against a rythm game similar to his project.

anyway, it's not change the fact that the winning game is also a rythm game with similar background is really dubious
It's not that dubious. At least not any more dubious than all these things happening on the same day. It's completely possible that when this was going on someone else had also brought forward an idea for a rhythm based game.

It's a little too conspiracy theory to say they made up an entire interview segment, wasted time with pretend meetings with Sorata, just to send a letter to Mashiro. That just sounds a bit more dubious to me. Seems probable that they decided to go with a game that is a much safer product in terms of making a profit and at the same time decided to try and secure a talented artist at the same time. After all while Sorata's game wasn't going to fly Mashiro's art can be applied to another game.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:56   Link #84
thor94

It's not a wasted time for them, if they can put their hand on super skilled genius.
And fujisawa's behavior on first interview and during meeting is enough obvious, he was more interested in artworks than sorata game (he insisted more times to asking sorata more drawings from shiina). furthermore, rejecting sorata game and sending in stride a job offer to shiina is clearly indelicacy. Knowing civility and respect significance in japan, this action indicate that sorata himself was insignificant/trivial for game publisher.
Old 2013-03-06, 12:27   Link #85
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's a little too conspiracy theory to say they made up an entire interview segment, wasted time with pretend meetings with Sorata, just to send a letter to Mashiro. That just sounds a bit more dubious to me. Seems probable that they decided to go with a game that is a much safer product in terms of making a profit and at the same time decided to try and secure a talented artist at the same time. After all while Sorata's game wasn't going to fly Mashiro's art can be applied to another game.
Is it really? How many people decide to try a game because the cover art or the in-game art looks promising enough to warrant giving it a go? Not to mention Mashiro's art is above average, so I doubt any company intent on scoring some extra money would pass up the opportunity of getting such an artist on their payroll, even if it meant playing with the feelings of an aspiring, even if ultimately irrelevant, game designer.
Old 2013-03-06, 13:02   Link #86
zero7090

ahhh dat bitter feeling. It is like in a MMO game, no matter how hard you farm an item, it wont drop for you while some people just got it after killing the first mob/boss. Like an support character in every story always get the short end of the stick.
Old 2013-03-06, 17:04   Link #87
HandofFate

Quote:
It's not a wasted time for them, if they can put their hand on super skilled genius.
And fujisawa's behavior on first interview and during meeting is enough obvious, he was more interested in artworks than sorata game (he insisted more times to asking sorata more drawings from shiina). furthermore, rejecting sorata game and sending in stride a job offer to shiina is clearly indelicacy. Knowing civility and respect significance in japan, this action indicate that sorata himself was insignificant/trivial for game publisher.
Its not like the guy is in charge of the whole company. He just has one role in one department. Human Resources or anyone high in the totem pole could have authorized such a letter.
Old 2013-03-06, 17:25   Link #88
thor94

He is not in charge of the company, but he is doubtless member of executive staff (CEO assistant, deputy chairman).
In game industry, it's not rare (i would say it's really common) that executives staff work in one of their department too (designer, programmer, etc )

Last edited by thor94; 2013-03-06 at 19:55.
Old 2013-03-06, 22:12   Link #89
demonkevy666

I feel like you've all over stated Sorata's hatred right now.
Mashiro is being underestimated here
Old 2013-03-06, 22:19   Link #90
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Is it really? How many people decide to try a game because the cover art or the in-game art looks promising enough to warrant giving it a go? Not to mention Mashiro's art is above average, so I doubt any company intent on scoring some extra money would pass up the opportunity of getting such an artist on their payroll, even if it meant playing with the feelings of an aspiring, even if ultimately irrelevant, game designer.
If they wanted Mashiro so badly they should have gone with Sorata's design. The odds aren't good for them to recruit the artist after shutting down the friend she supplied the art for. At best that letter was a throw into the dark. Was unlikely to work, but it was worth a shot. Not going with Sorata's design, but nothing wrong with taking a chance to see if Mashiro would bite.

I don't buy that this was anything other than that. Might a company mess with someone like Sorata to try and secure a Mashiro? Sure, but doing it this way wouldn't work. It doesn't increase their odds to carry this on and then send a letter after cutting ties. If they wanted to secure Mashiro, they get her the letter before the meeting under the pretense of doing designs for a few games including Sorata's if it passes. But cutting him off and then sending a letter is a near futile effort of a company trying to salvage something out of it. Go with the safe rhythm game and losing the artist is a win/loss. If the unlikely occurs and the artist takes up the job despite Sorata getting shut down it's win/win.

I really don't see a conspiracy here.
Old 2013-03-07, 09:43   Link #91
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Oh man this episode was grim. I really felt bad for Nanami and Sorata, especially Sorata when he got that letter, big crushing blow to him. It really sucks when hard work and determination is not enough.
Old 2013-03-07, 13:04   Link #92
thor94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash Gr View Post
Oh man this episode was grim. I really felt bad for Nanami and Sorata, especially Sorata when he got that letter, big crushing blow to him. It really sucks when hard work and determination is not enough.
This is the reality of the world.
In areas requiring specific habilities same as sport or art (including cinema, comics/mangas and games), hard work is very rarely rewarded if you have no natural skills.
Old 2013-03-07, 13:12   Link #93
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
This is the reality of the world.
In areas requiring specific habilities same as sport or art (including cinema, comics/mangas and games), hard work is very rarely rewarded if you have no natural skills.
Talent*
That's the word for "natural skill". :)
Old 2013-03-08, 06:48   Link #94
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

School is also about preparing students for the real world. Last I checked, it's very tough out there. There's the old adage, "Nice guys/girls finish last." Nanami is proof of that. And while Fujisawa-san is a fundamentally kind man, he chose to exploit Sorata's game proposal to engage Shiina's services.

If Nanami and Sorata come out of this experience thinking that people can be cruel - even the kind, sensitive ones - if they learn that they will be judged not simply on how much hard work and effort they put in, or their determination and content of their characters, but on how they look, how they sound, and how much money they can attract, then they have truly received an education, one that will serve them well in life.

It's a free society. People are allowed to choose their friends, and companies can choose who they hire. Sometimes it's very ugly. Sometimes it's very unfair. That's... LIFE.
Old 2013-03-08, 07:20   Link #95
yindesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Sorata's game lost to Project Diva? No shame in that. Project Diva is a great game.
No, Sorata's game probably lost to an app.
Spoiler for link:
Old 2013-03-08, 07:25   Link #96
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Why is Nanami crying again?!!! It's so cruel!!!! Why are tormenting my waifu # 127?!
Old 2013-03-08, 07:45   Link #97
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by yindesu View Post
No, Sorata's game probably lost to an app.
Spoiler for link:
Can't be, Fujisawa said that it was "another rhythm game that involves a popular anime [factually incorrect since Vocaloid isn't anime] about music and those Vocaloid things" (source: rori). Project Diva is the only one that fits that description.
Old 2013-03-08, 08:24   Link #98
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Argh.

I get it, we're meant to feel bad for Sorata.

But seriously, the dude has had the same kind of thing whack him in the face at least twice now. Probably three times. And yet he still has the same OMG MY LIFE IS HELL WHY DOES MASHIRO GET ALL THE ATTENTION ARGGHHHHH attitude that he had the last time this sort of crap happened. What happened to the resolution to that panic attack? |:

Just felt c(ontrived)rappy. Feel genuinely bad for Nanami though.

Oh well, at least the Sorata x Nanamin ship got some wind in its sails.
Old 2013-03-08, 08:28   Link #99
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's not the same, anybody could tell that this was a much bigger deal.

Your mistake was to think it's only about one problem, as if humans can separate their issues without them compounding on one another.
Old 2013-03-08, 10:27   Link #100
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Your mistake was to think it's only about one problem, as if humans can separate their issues without them compounding on one another.
That is the explanation of what a "Slice of Life" genre is, nicely written.
Closed Thread