AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-30, 01:39   Link #40061
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm still proposing the title >.<

At least there's no particular deadline. So I can still write fics in spare time.
Old 2013-01-30, 03:53   Link #40062
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Spoiler for Loldraft again:
Old 2013-01-30, 05:17   Link #40063
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

*takes notes for epic entrance scene*
Old 2013-01-30, 06:36   Link #40064
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Spoiler for Loldraft again and again:
Old 2013-01-31, 02:09   Link #40065
agetreme
Just another Idiot

New Terminology:

Generation Extended/Plus: A category of IS equipped with higher generation technology. The official use of the term only begin after Raphael Revised is introduced. Other IS included under here is obviously Byakushiki

=

Main character's name is something common, Alfred. He dislike socializing because he is lazy and think that his time is better off watching blank computer screen. Also because he is nice guy (though not that nice since he does hold grudge)...who is rather passive and non-confrontational which is kind of subverted when he is controlling a Plush toy....who is cynical and tend to tempt fate a lot.

He work for a company called New Edge Aspiring Research (New Edge (what people usually refer them by...)

The following below are their creation which only the company has the knowledge and technical specialty to make and install them on to the IS (without them being rejected by the IS core):

Self-optimizing Equalizer Package, Optimizer: Pilot's combat data are stored inside the Equalizer which are retrieved when the said pilot are using the Equalizer, when the data is retrieved, the Equalizer would optimized itself to suit the pilot. Since it is an equalizer, it can be removed and place in another IS core, allowing similar 1st Shift performance regardless of the core being use.
Weakness is obvious: One-off ability is impossible if you keep changing cores and not allowing the IS core to gain enough experiences with the pilot.

Ex-Alt (Extended Alternative)/Exalt package is technically Optimizer taken to logical extreme. This category of IS took an alternative path to 4th Gen. ExAlt equalizer package function similar to 4th gen's fold-out however, since the technology is not integrated into the IS frame itself, it means that Equalizer take up BUS Slot and it requires unit be a little more specialized due to all BUS slot being used up and unable to take in anymore equalizer.

Yamato Nadeshiko/ YN: A defensive technology generate a special wave frequency which neutralize Barrier Void ability, not only that, it also force Barrier Void technology to continue to consume energy from the IS so long as Barrier Void ability remain active. Named Yamato Nadeshiko out sheer irony, the YN stands for Yukihira Neutralizer as it is deigned specifically to counter Japan's Yukihira(barrier void) technology, rendering Japanese IS less of a threat and their Yukihira into dead weight. Why "less of a threat" rather than "not a threat" completely? Because a blunt sword can still kill people..... It only just take longer time to do so.

===

any idea for a funny manly name for that overly compensated Man-machine?

Also should I make it into an IS or should I just leave it as a machine created by the Male pilot out of scrap metal (to increase testosterone level by 50)?

Edit: I wonder how many people would get the joke on the Company's name.
Old 2013-01-31, 02:34   Link #40066
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Either that it's an acronym of NEAR... or a play on "New Age".

Might post a kendo fight scene later.
Old 2013-01-31, 03:05   Link #40067
agetreme
Just another Idiot

It's actually both.

Probably apply some hidden Acronym or Puns to their more original creations.
Old 2013-01-31, 03:07   Link #40068
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

guys, I always wonder... apparently there's one technology I always hate that so much I CENSORED it out of any franchise I read/watch rather than actively debate them.

Gravity weapon

I find this realization after finding my techwank archive that list technologies, plausibilities, and whether they're useful with plot or not.
Old 2013-01-31, 03:53   Link #40069
demino_hellsin
That one guy

useful? yes. Plausible? Yes. Ethical and sane? not really.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 04:01   Link #40070
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oddly enough, it's the most kind of fascinating weapon.

Especially gravity projection type, however that makes sense (gravity beam WUT???)

I still however, latched to the idea of 'black hole' bullet (which most definitely not natural, but some kind of overloaded gravity generator)
Old 2013-01-31, 04:04   Link #40071
demino_hellsin
That one guy

gravity well. You may very well be able to generate one... but the idea is absolutely ludicrous. More so now that I even understand why heavy objects have gravity >.> well in a way.
Old 2013-01-31, 04:18   Link #40072
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I will understand if the projector also act as massive vacuum cleaner. =.=

I was talking about a weapon that somehow made the target implode due to increased mass.
Old 2013-01-31, 04:26   Link #40073
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So... it kinda crumples in on itself?
Old 2013-01-31, 05:01   Link #40074
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, it never made sense to me.
Old 2013-01-31, 05:14   Link #40075
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think gravity was first described by using cloth and rock.

Imagine reality as multiple cloths. Each plane, each axis is one piece. Now drop a rock on that cloth, it kind of warps toward the rock right? When you have a mass great enough, all these spatial fabrics also warps towards the mass. That's gravity.

I can imagine something as heavy as that... can you?
Old 2013-01-31, 05:19   Link #40076
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You mean the space-time curve theorem

I was talking the practical application... though inversion of AIC sound really scary, and all too plausible in I.S. verse. While I.S. and their pilot will not be affected much due to it's PIC rebelling, imagine that poor APC caught in the radius

*BAZIIING* *CRUNCH*
Old 2013-01-31, 05:27   Link #40077
demino_hellsin
That one guy

ever seen what happens when you pressurize the inside of an APC? >: )

That aside, the practical uses are actually plenty, if not inefficient and can probably be replaced with an equally effective measure with less overkill and much less chances of screwing yourself over.
Old 2013-01-31, 06:13   Link #40078
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Can't write your fix, sorry! I have a temperamental Internet right now and it disappears randomly. Really sorry!
Old 2013-01-31, 06:16   Link #40079
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Are you possibly...Smart BRO?
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 06:21   Link #40080
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Or maybe he got a globe tattooed on him?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest