AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-05-02, 16:11   Link #1161
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Hehehe, these sound deliciously kinky, alas not within the anime's context
Oh you
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 18:35   Link #1162
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Dengeki G:
Old 2012-05-02, 21:48   Link #1163
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
If he's seeing and hearing what she sees and hears, then he's already reading information from inside her brain. However, you are correct that he does not appear to be able to access her brain as if it were a computer. I was exaggerating slightly. However, it is still a significant violation of privacy, and a violation of trust.
No argument there.

But, I'm sure all will be reconciled, lol.
Old 2012-05-03, 06:02   Link #1164
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Oh, so people who don't read manga or novel don't have the right to make a prediction of that series? I thought this is the whole point of Anime Discussion > Current Series > License Accel World.

If anything, you are the one shouldn't post at this thread. You are the one who more likely going to destroy the fun of an anime discussion by leaving a hint or anything.

I know that you are proud with your novel knowledge, but there is already a thread in manga section just exclusively for people like you. Please lurk at there. This will do a favor for anime watcher.

There is a reason why mod don't tolerate any spoiler forms in this thread.

Also, whether my speculation is wrong or not, at least I enjoy this series as an anime watcher, and I perfectly fine with it.
It's not about able to make a prediction with the sources you have, it's more about thinking you're 100% right and believe you can't possibly be wrong (what with you being willing to bet on it and all) >.> I've had something like that coming back to bite me a few times

*shrug* and if you're being fine with it solely as a anime watcher, I certainly can't complain (about that particular aspect, at least). People have their own preferences, after all.

My issue here is how people seem to be convinced that KYH is either a bad person or is toying with Haru with her manipulations with that's been shown in the anime thus far. This is shaping up to be a shounen anime here, not another Fate Zero (or Urobuchi-made series, for that matter) What's with all the negative predictions?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 08:16   Link #1165
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Negative predictions because KYH is a beautiful, smart, and popular girl gunning for a fat-ass kid whose got low-esteem, self-pity syndrome, and can't even stand up for himself. Seriously, what's up with that? If you want people to like you, first you have to like yourself (well maybe it's because she's got low esteem too that's why she likes him. Misery loves company as the saying goes).

Second of all, KYH has a history of being a conniving, scheming, femme fatal so you'd expect people to take that into consideration when making predictions.

As for the "car crash". Maybe it was all just an ACCIDENT and there's no "cloak and dagger" activities going on around here. Sheesh, we have a bunch of conspirationalists here.

Moreover, I don't buy the "Love at first sight" syndrome at all especially if the said person is not only physically unattractive, but has problems with self esteem as well and the other party is on the other side of the spectrum; Smart, beautiful, popular, rich etc.. SOCIOLOGY and PSYCHOLOGY already states that physical appearances play a MAJOR role in forming relationships. This is anime indeed.

I'll give some credit to Kawahara for not using the old and traditional "you-helped-me-10-yrs-ago-so-I-fell-in-love-with-you-all-these-years" situation because that's just full of shit.
Old 2012-05-03, 08:52   Link #1166
Gohan78
Awakened One

My problem with AW is not that Haru is fat. My problem is that the two main characters barely know each other, so this sudden development breaks my suspension of disbelief. If this confession had happened later in the series, when KYH and Haru had time to deepen their relationship, I would have bought it.
As of now, it looks like the typical ecchi/harem comedy setup where a hot girl falls in love with the wimpy male lead for a flimsy reason.
Nothing wrong with harem series per se (in fact I am a huge fan of ToLoveRu) but I was expecting a better plot from such an acclaimed LN series...
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 08:56   Link #1167
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

^ Maybe KYH has been stalking Haru for a long time now. Like a certain somebody from SAO...
Old 2012-05-03, 09:16   Link #1168
hero147

I'm actually looking forward to Sword Art Online this summer. My main problem with Accel World is the fact that the main character is generally unlikeable and visually unappealing.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 09:21   Link #1169
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

We could argue which is the true MC:
- the fat kid that lives in the "real" world, with all his problems, self-esteem issues and mental traumas from a life of bullying;
- or Silver Crow, the Avatar made from his "heart" and deepest thoughts about himself in the Accelerated World
Old 2012-05-03, 09:35   Link #1170
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth SpiderDen View Post
- the fat kid that lives in the "real" world, with all his problems, self-esteem issues and mental traumas from a life of bullying;
- or Silver Crow, the Avatar made from his "heart" and deepest thoughts about himself in the Accelerated World
Obviously it's the fat kid that lives in the real world. There's nothing more realistic than real life. Oh wait, there's this mysterious "deus ex machina" that "reveals your true worth. Seriously? If you think your shit, if you have low esteem about yourself, if you have self-pity syndrome, how the hell can you have a "badass inner self?"

That pig would have been the better and much more accurate description of his avatar if we were basing it on his personality AND ON HOW HE VIEWS HIMSELF. Not on some bogus "I'm such a loser but my "deepest thoughts and heart" thinks differently otherwise.
Old 2012-05-03, 09:40   Link #1171
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
Obviously it's the fat kid that lives in the real world. There's nothing more realistic than real life. Oh wait, there's this mysterious "deus ex machina" that "reveals your true worth. Seriously? If you think your shit, if you have low esteem about yourself, if you have self-pity syndrome, how the hell can you have a "badass inner self?"

That pig would have been the better and much more accurate description of his avatar if we were basing it on his personality AND ON HOW HE VIEWS HIMSELF. Not on some bogus "I'm such a loser but my "deepest thoughts and heart" thinks so otherwise.
Nothings that linear.
This is a series that, in my view, tries to blur the notion of reality and virtual reality.
That said, even though he may have low self-esteem and be fat, what he's really capable off when given a chance may be something completely different from what's expected by our societies view point.
And "nothing more realistic than real life"? For all we know, this could all be just a computer simulation. Reality has we perceive it is just a bunch of signals that our brain interprets and gives us it's reading, thus making the "real". I agree with you when what we see is what's real. At least for us it's real. But saying nothing is more realistic than real life should imply we know for certain that this is "real life".
Old 2012-05-03, 09:55   Link #1172
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:

That pig would have been the better and much more accurate description of his avatar if we were basing it on his personality AND ON HOW HE VIEWS HIMSELF. Not on some bogus "I'm such a loser but my "deepest thoughts and heart" thinks differently otherwise.
I like the protagonist because I can identify with him. I too dreamed that I got some badass alter ego, when my real self was a complete doormat for bullies.

So I take my hat off to Kamachi for daring to even create something like this. I guess he really is Niizuma Eiji.
Old 2012-05-03, 09:58   Link #1173
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
As for the "car crash". Maybe it was all just an ACCIDENT and there's no "cloak and dagger" activities going on around here. Sheesh, we have a bunch of conspirationalists here.
From a storyline point of view, I can't see much sense in that. There's got to be more to it than just an accident or Araya wanting revenge, otherwise the whole car incident will feel like a cheap plot device made to force the story into the direction it wants. I would've at least thought that a Burst Linker was involved somehow.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:04   Link #1174
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I like the protagonist because I can identify with him. I too dreamed that I got some badass alter ego, when my real self was a complete doormat for bullies.

So I take my hat off to Kamachi for daring to even create something like this. I guess he really is Niizuma Eiji.
But does that mean your "true self" was a badass person who kicks butt? Or was it just your fantasy? You see the problem here is that the "Burst-Link System" analyzes who you truly are, what you truly are, and your real worth through a complete analysis of your mind, how you view yourself, and apparently, your heart as well.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:06   Link #1175
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Can this thread possibly at some point move past the fact that Haru is fat and that people for some reason take major offense to him succeeding at things in spite of this? Just asking....like how long until we get past this topic and maybe discuss something else about the show for a little bit? Episode 10....12...20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
My issue here is how people seem to be convinced that KYH is either a bad person or is toying with Haru with her manipulations with that's been shown in the anime thus far. This is shaping up to be a shounen anime here, not another Fate Zero (or Urobuchi-made series, for that matter) What's with all the negative predictions?
I'm going to guess people watching too many cynical anime where the smart, popular, beautiful girl is the stock archetype of a total bitch on wheels that's trying to ruin everybody's good time and forever trying to be the center of attention. People are skeptical that KYH would play against type...maybe? I don't know....I think the next episode needs to air already so people can find something else to talk about cause at this rate this thread is just rehashing itself and making zero progress, which is supposed to be against the rules. Avoid cyclical discussion and what not.

For now is it possible to just look at facts folks? Haru and KYH had a pseudo-confession scene, now she's in a coma and Haru feels compelled to do whatever it takes to protect her like she did him. Can we possibly take it from there and worry about the whole relationship thing when they're actually able to discuss it with each other again in the show?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:08   Link #1176
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
I'll choose the former, which is more true and accurate to Haruyuki. Even though I'm not fat or being bullied at school, I might identify with him. He suffered so many troubles that I had in the past. Even though he hates himself, he's able to change his thoughts by expressing something that is "angelic" to him by escaping reality. Like most pacific people (including me), Haruyuki wishes to lives in a world where the peace exists and where something bad don't happen.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 10:08   Link #1177
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Quote:
But does that mean your "true self" was a badass person who kicks butt? Or was it just your fantasy? You see the problem here is that the "Burst-Link System" analyzes who you truly are, what you truly are, and your real worth through a complete analysis of your mind, how you view yourself, and apparently, your heart as well.
And who's to say that he wouldn't be a badass butt-kicking person in real life?
You only see the character in High School life. You didn't see the road he went through to get there.
If some things happened differently, who's to say he couldn't be someone like Chika's boyfriend?
The Burst-link system read his potential and what he got was Silver Crow.
It's not the best avatar out there, it has plenty of flaws and weakness's to overcome.
The difference is while in real life he's not aiming to improve himself, in that world he is and he's showing some effort. Hence he can kick butt there.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:14   Link #1178
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Quote:
Nothings that linear.
This is a series that, in my view, tries to blur the notion of reality and virtual reality.
That said, even though he may have low self-esteem and be fat, what he's really capable off when given a chance may be something completely different from what's expected by our societies view point.
And "nothing more realistic than real life"? For all we know, this could all be just a computer simulation. Reality has we perceive it is just a bunch of signals that our brain interprets and gives us it's reading, thus making the "real". I agree with you when what we see is what's real. At least for us it's real. But saying nothing is more realistic than real life should imply we know for certain that this is "real life".
Don't give me that BS like "blurring the difference between reality and virtual reality." This isn't the Matrix where everyone, from birth to death, is living in a "dream world" or SAO where their reality has become the virtual one precisely because they live there now and death their means death in real life as well.

Accel World is just a game where you can "log-in and log-out" off. Real life is something continuous. There is no "log-off button" except for death therefore, NOTHING is more realistic than real life. Real life is where you live and die. That's the crux.

So your saying the "machine" analyses the users potential and uses that as a basis for avatar making? I don't think that's what the machine does because that's just a "prediction" if we are talking about potential.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:15   Link #1179
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
We all know that "true badasses that kick butt" will only beget trouble in real life. So we all wear personas which are ultimately interactions of the id, ego and superego. These are mostly subconscious, but are really what we truly are.

It just so happens that Silver Crow is how Burst Link appraises Chii-chan's subconscious worth. Does he have the ego of a flawless diamond waiting to be cut? Or is his id some monstrous power waiting in the shadows? Or is his superego on the level that breaks imagination? I don't know, but the end result is Silver Cross, therefore we can only infer what was in the Black Box from with it came.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:20   Link #1180
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Quote:
And who's to say that he wouldn't be a badass butt-kicking person in real life?
You only see the character in High School life. You didn't see the road he went through to get there.
If some things happened differently, who's to say he couldn't be someone like Chika's boyfriend?
The Burst-link system read his potential and what he got was Silver Crow.
It's not the best avatar out there, it has plenty of flaws and weakness's to overcome.
The difference is while in real life he's not aiming to improve himself, in that world he is and he's showing some effort. Hence he can kick butt there.
How can a damned machine "predict" what he's going to become in the future via potential? How can you even measure the "potential" of a person anyway? The machine can only make an analysis based on his experience, how he view himself, and how he feels about himself.

Who's to say that he wouldn't be a badass butt-kicking person in real life? Only Haru can answer that and he already did. By become a loser, he forfeited his opportunity "IN THE PAST" to be a badass person and that's what the machine measures. It can't measure the future. NOTHING CAN.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen