AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-11, 12:48   Link #921
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
but at the rate its being released, it'll be 2 or 3 months thats a long time for rage and stress to build up...
or there could be an indefinite rage.. if the scanlators goes hiatus ^^,
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 14:44   Link #922
Johnny
Working the bags...

If you feel like your going to blow a gasket and can't wait. There's plenty of spoilers as to what happens and the raging aftermath in the thread somewhere...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 09:47   Link #923
shaselai

Spoiler for new chapter:
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 15:16   Link #924
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
Spoiler for new chapter:
Wth? Nothing on Stella?
Old 2011-04-16, 16:17   Link #925
Johnny
Working the bags...

Isn't that just a special chapter? Some of chapter 66 is floating around and I see none of that in there...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 00:48   Link #926
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Ah. That would make a lot more sense. Louis needs to die a horrible death.
Old 2011-04-17, 12:00   Link #927
hoarfrost

You know, having thought about this for a while, no matter how you look at it, a limiter's freezing ability is far more interesting and impressive on a theoretical level than anything Pandoras are capable of. Freezing stops everything in its range, so it must manipulate matter or space in some significant way in order to accomplish this. It's become a sort of trend in otaku sci-fi and supernatural works that someone with abnormal or abnormally strong perception can impose that perception on the surrounding world (think Index with the "Personal Reality" or Nasu's works with Psychics and Reality Marbles) and I speculate that this concept is the origin of the Nova's and thus Limiter's ability to freeze their surroundings. Wouldn't it be nice to explore what other physical impositions Limiters could theoretically impose on this world that may or may not have combat applications?

But that would take a writer with good conceptual thinking. What do Pandora have? Super strength and speed. Yawn. In that case we get endless variations of Accel and Tempest. "Oh look, there's five copies of her now! That's much more impressive." Blargh.

I understand that in the end it's about the handsomely drawn ladies (appreciate that even) but the limiters really need to become more than arm candy. Limiters are able to muck with the world yet the setting treats this as though it's totally not worth delving further into. They don't even get to be Squishy Wizards.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 12:18   Link #928
shaselai

but problem is limiters are weak (unless we see some hybrids later on)so even though they can stop they cant kill. Pandoras can take care of enemies without limiters but it doesnt happen the other way around
Old 2011-04-18, 17:04   Link #929
hoarfrost

My point is that given the nature of limiters abilities, they should be capable of feats which would render the mere speed and strength of a pandora useless. If you can stop matter entirely, no matter the mechanism, that's an absurdly hax ability from a physics standpoint. What else could you do?

But seemingly, no one cares to look into such a thing. Who knows, maybe they could produce some godlike limiters who can warp spacetime or destroy matter altogether.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 22:36   Link #930
kujoe
from head to heel

I think part of the problem with the story concerning limiters is that the story really never shows what's being taught in the academy in detail. One would think that the limiters would have their own instructors (professional limiters, ex-limiters, etc.) who would test and hone their abilities, but I have yet to see even a hint of this in the story.

Pandoras have their own teachers, so it only makes sense that there would be teachers who specifically teach and train the limiters. In fact, the student body should've been split into two factions—pandoras and limiters—who would coordinate and cooperate with each other, while maintaining their own separate curriculum and training methods. It just makes more sense considering the academy is run like a pseudo, high school-ish military academy.

But instead, what we're getting is a very inefficient picture of an organization that's supposed to be the frontline defence against these alien invaders. Freezing doesn't have to show a hardcore military slant in its story. It can still keep some of its light-heartedness while striving to be a bit more believable or realistic in the organization structure of its setting.

If this has been addressed in the more recent chapters—which, I admit haven't even seen—then disregard this little piece of critcism.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 02:11   Link #931
Alhazad2003

It's not just the school, the mangaka has left a LOT of details in the dark, which annoys quite a few readers, including yourself. We don't completely know how the school is run, what the Novas truly want with the world, or even how they came to be. So much is left up in the air. And considering the slow release schedule, it drives people up the wall. I love a good story as much as anyone. But as the Bard would say, "get to the good part!" I'm sure a lot of readers feel the same way.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 12:14   Link #932
Adam Cruz

It's not a manga. It's a manhwa
Adam Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 12:19   Link #933
shaselai

Spoiler for 66:
Old 2011-04-19, 14:32   Link #934
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
Spoiler for 66:
Spoiler:
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 18:57   Link #935
leon4281isback

Send a message via MSN to leon4281isback
hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Spoiler:
^ Pretty much
Old 2011-05-07, 05:01   Link #936
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 43:

Despite all they said about Louis, i don't think he is just a stupid boy ...
No, it's really more ... complex.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 07:17   Link #937
yanZy-san

Hmm, seen the anime for this few days ago, there is manga that continues it correct? If so is it any good to give a read?
yanZy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 07:54   Link #938
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for 43:

Despite all they said about Louis, i don't think he is just a stupid boy ...
No, it's really more ... complex.
I don't understand......
which one is the real Louis???? what is the meaning behind his relationship with her sister.... some mental disorder?????
argh!!! so confusing.....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 09:49   Link #939
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

He is basically nuts, he loves her, but shows it in a very messed up way.

He needs a psychiatrist, but they don't exist in Manga/Anime.
Old 2011-05-07, 11:20   Link #940
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
He wouldn't happen to be yandere for his sister, would he?

At least I see that the scanlation group is still putting this series out... I think that despite having the RAWs, I'd go crazy if they didn't finish out to at least 50 or 51

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen