AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-27, 22:39   Link #21
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

sew me for being off topic.. but tenjou tenge, still going? no fansubs? whats happening with that awesome series?
Old 2006-03-27, 23:09   Link #22
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster
sew me for being off topic.. but tenjou tenge, still going? no fansubs? whats happening with that awesome series?
Licensed by Geneon a while ago:

-> http://www.animesuki.com/licensed.ph...h&query=tenjou

Out on R1 DVD now (most of it):

-> http://www.dvdpacific.com/search.asp?title=Tenge
Old 2006-03-29, 20:49   Link #23
poseur

just watched the 1st three eps

kinda like the way they animate the main char, she looks great

although the action choreography is that fantastic, but well this ain't Matrix.

the story seems pretty enjoyable and direct in the sense you do not need to ponder excessively on who's gonna be the bad guy or wad he's gonna do when he dominates the world

thx LIME, i will follow the series
Old 2006-04-10, 06:19   Link #24
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Saw the 4th... They're still building up for some real action, still waiting for some good fights (as in, not onesided and with a duration of 1 or 2 hits). Well at least she made an impression on the wrestling group now, by one nasty counter hit and some amazing balance by rope walking. Next episode is the wrestling debut, hope it will finally get interesting.
Old 2006-04-10, 09:54   Link #25
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

great anime ^^ girls with ultimate power that surpassed those whom self-proclaimed themself as champion.especially show likeness for this anime partially because of my likeness for girls-in-action anime

btw , now watching the returns of the wulong =D
Old 2006-05-10, 23:14   Link #26
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Episode #6 was recently release (thanks LIME!). This is still one of my favorite shows. A nice build up to a devastating blow in the ring, but did she give too much away? I love it when she's pissed. She has that "dine and dash" look in her eye.
Old 2006-07-21, 19:52   Link #27
ECFNW

Episode #7 is out! Thanks LIME!
Good to see this series hasn't been forgotten.
Old 2008-04-17, 21:15   Link #28
mdauben

I just downloaded the first episode of the second(?) season of Figthing Beauty Wulong. The artwork is a little... uneven, but it looks interesting. So when I relaized it was a second season or sequel, I went looking for the first season, and all I see are 9 of the 25 episodes done by LIME. LIME's website seems to be gone, so I assume they never finished this?
Old 2008-04-18, 04:17   Link #29
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Correct. LIME never finished it. Nobody finished it in English. I really wonder why someone is subbing the second season when not even half of the first season was subbed in English.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-04-18, 12:17   Link #30
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I'm annoyed by that as well. It was a good show, even with the latter sub-standard... er... subs... by anonymous subbers. I still want to know how that ends.
Old 2008-04-18, 16:59   Link #31
BakaRanger

Someone told me that the subbers of the 2nd season have plans on doing the 1st season as well. So we will just have to wait and see. I really want to see both seasons finished.
Old 2008-04-18, 21:14   Link #32
Molenir

Yeah, a bit irritating for me as well. I'd really like to finish watching the first season before moving on to the second. Especially since if you watch the first episode, it basically tells you how the first season turned out.

Not that I'm complaining. Hell, anytime a group releases a decent sub, I'm always happy.
Old 2008-04-19, 12:32   Link #33
mdauben

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaRanger View Post
Someone told me that the subbers of the 2nd season have plans on doing the 1st season as well. So we will just have to wait and see. I really want to see both seasons finished.
I see Getbackers just released the fansub for ep 10 of the original series (LIME left off at ep 9) so it looks like they are planning on doing both.

Kudo's to Getbackers! Its always nice to see an abandond project resurrected.
Old 2008-04-19, 13:33   Link #34
Leedizzle

Oh man, I love this series. I was a sad panda when Lime stopped subbing. Great to see someone picked up this great show again though.
Old 2008-04-23, 21:38   Link #35
The_TempesT

This series is surprisingly great. I'm really enjoying the hell out of it and I just wish I could download it faster.

Hope they sub the next episodes soon

Last edited by The_TempesT; 2008-04-24 at 19:46.
Old 2008-04-26, 15:51   Link #36
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Good to see this series back from the grave. However, I'm still not overly impressed with this show so far. Perhaps it's me, but I don't feel like there's been any real good (memorable) action yet. Plus I hate some of the side characters (mainly the 2 reporter guys that keep hanging around).
Old 2008-04-26, 22:20   Link #37
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Good to see this series back from the grave. However, I'm still not overly impressed with this show so far. Perhaps it's me, but I don't feel like there's been any real good (memorable) action yet. Plus I hate some of the side characters (mainly the 2 reporter guys that keep hanging around).
I would agree that the fighting scenes are not particularly memorable, which is a significant complaint for a fighting anime. I do like the characters and the story so far, however. Especially Megumi (perhaps becuase I studied Judo, too) although Lan is growing on me, too.

I am looking forward to the rest of the show.

I'm curious if anyone else watching the show is familiar with the older series Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl? It seems obvious that the creators of Wulong were "inspired" by that classic anime (both include a reluctant young female MA prodigy, pushed on by her grandfather and followed by a young sports reporter and his photographer partner). Lots of elements are different, too, but the similarities just seem too close to be coincidence.
Old 2008-04-28, 04:04   Link #38
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I'm curious if anyone else watching the show is familiar with the older series Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl? It seems obvious that the creators of Wulong were "inspired" by that classic anime (both include a reluctant young female MA prodigy, pushed on by her grandfather and followed by a young sports reporter and his photographer partner). Lots of elements are different, too, but the similarities just seem too close to be coincidence.
Quite similar. It is obvious that Yawara inspired Wulong. Actually it would be surprising if it was not inspirational since Yawara is a very well known series in Japan. If you're gonna rip off a manga, then rip off the best. Right?

It's a shame that the apple has fallen so far from the tree. Wulong looks quite pale and sickly compared to its brilliant ancestor, Yawara.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-04-28, 16:48   Link #39
The_TempesT

Well I still really like this anime.
Old 2008-05-04, 10:28   Link #40
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Ep 8 was subbed from LIME but the torrent isn't available her
Please add it, thx
Closed Thread

Tags
action, seinen