AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-03, 14:56   Link #1081
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I will be extremely pissed if Rolo does not make an attempt on Nunnally's life if he finds her first--I don't want Nunnally dying and I imagine someone'll save her if he does--but if he doesn't, then that's gonna make me ask "Okay, why did he kill Shirley then for mentioning Nunnally, but doesn't want to hurt Nunnally herself?"

Honestly, if he doesn't attack Nunnally should he find her, it wouldn't make sense.
Would find it pretty funny if he did try to kill Nunnally and died when his heart stopped. Sending this guy to rescue Nunnally has to be one of the craziest ideas Lelouch has ever put into play. Could see a rescue Kallen thing, but this just seems out there. Honestly now I wonder if there is a plan for Kallen .

No way things can work out smoothly in terms of rescuing Nunnally. But honeslty other than a heart attack how else can Rolo be stopped? Oh well guess we will see how that all turns out.
Old 2008-08-03, 15:37   Link #1082
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Would find it pretty funny if he did try to kill Nunnally and died when his heart stopped. Sending this guy to rescue Nunnally has to be one of the craziest ideas Lelouch has ever put into play. Could see a rescue Kallen thing, but this just seems out there. Honestly now I wonder if there is a plan for Kallen .

No way things can work out smoothly in terms of rescuing Nunnally. But honeslty other than a heart attack how else can Rolo be stopped? Oh well guess we will see how that all turns out.
He's not dying there my friend, if the previews are any indication Rolo will be making the plunge saving Lelouch's butt from the fryer, and since Nunnally has strong plot armor I for one would like to believe that things will work out between those two if and when they should meet. >_>
Old 2008-08-03, 16:20   Link #1083
Lyllrik
I type really slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well, Lelouch might have fed Rolo with yet another lie to make sure he WILL rescue Nunnally and nothing else. He might have said something to Rolo like "Nunnally is your sister too", or "you will still be my brother, even if she is around".

I honestly don't think Rolo is unwilling to share Lelouch, but is afraid of losing him completely.

I don't think all the crap in ep 13 or 14 would have happened if Lelouch only had told Rolo about Nunally. Rolo wants family, I don't think he'd say no if he was given an additional sister. Lelouch, however, never mentions Nunally to Rolo - he repeately calls Rolo "his only brother", which gives off the impression of that he is letting go of Nunally for Rolo. However, Lelouch's attitude towards Nunally betrays him; what he says in the phonecall scene, mumbling her name in his sleep, he breaks down when Nunally became the new governor of A11, heck, he's even thought of taking her away from Brittania (intercepted by Suzaku tho).

Lelouch himself allowed Rolo to get bad ideas that he'd be replaced if Nunally was reunited with him. I think Rolo is aware of that his one year as Lelouch's bro can't compete with Nunally's lifetime as his sis, which is why I believe he is so unstable and afraid. Lelouch however, has so far been completely oblivious to Rolo's concerns.

If Rolo headed out into the rescue-mission solely to kill Nunnally, I'd blame Lelouch for failing to understand that Rolo is a human being and not just a puppet he can string however he wants.
Lyllrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 17:23   Link #1084
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

Quote:
I will be extremely pissed if Rolo does not make an attempt on Nunnally's life if he finds her first--I don't want Nunnally dying and I imagine someone'll save her if he does--but if he doesn't, then that's gonna make me ask "Okay, why did he kill Shirley then for mentioning Nunnally, but doesn't want to hurt Nunnally herself?"

Honestly, if he doesn't attack Nunnally should he find her, it wouldn't make sense.
Why wouldn't Rolo want a sister as well? I'm kind of tired of the bottom line assumption that Rolo is some twisted, jealous, nutcase who does what he does because he wants Lelouch all to himself. People act like he killed Shirley because he's a jealous homosexual or something. The guy thought he was protecting Lelouch, whom he sees as his brother and dear friend. Again, why wouldn't he want Nunally as his sister as well? I mean, it's possible that the negative stuff is true, but not likely. Rolo is a deeper character than that.
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 17:34   Link #1085
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
Why wouldn't Rolo want a sister as well? I'm kind of tired of the bottom line assumption that Rolo is some twisted, jealous, nutcase who does what he does because he wants Lelouch all to himself. People act like he killed Shirley because he's a jealous homosexual or something. The guy thought he was protecting Lelouch, whom he sees as his brother and dear friend. Again, why wouldn't he want Nunally as his sister as well? I mean, it's possible that the negative stuff is true, but not likely. Rolo is a deeper character than that.
Guess it all depends on how you view things. If you think there is more to Rolo than some brother obsessed assassin then there is a wider view for things. I'm not sure if having a sister is the problem as much as this sister is who he was replacing. He was put there as a Nunnally stand in. If the person your doubling for suddenly comes back into the picture what is your value now? He's fairly unstable now that he has been thrown into a family situation. Sometimes siblings get jealous when a new baby comes into the picture. Sadly in this case instead of how a regular person handles it as an assassin Rolo's response is to kill. I don't think he's completely insane, just so focused on keeping the bond he believes exists with him and Lelouch that he will do horrible things as a result.

I don't beleive he killed Shirley because he was trying to protect Lelouch. If someone does believe that it would make it tough to come to a consensus view. Shirley was a danger to the relationship he has with Lelouch. Both in terms of her being close to Lelouch and wanting to bring Nunnally back into the picture. He eliminated a threat to himself.
Old 2008-08-03, 18:15   Link #1086
orangejuicetang

Rolo in charge of rescueing Nunually= Bad Idea.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 18:21   Link #1087
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Nah. Have a little more faith in him.
Spoiler for Episode Preview:
Worriors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 18:46   Link #1088
aznegglover
The power of FABULOUS!

Quote:
Rolo in charge of anything = bad idea

Seems a bit too unstable to be a leader :/
aznegglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 18:58   Link #1089
Traece
:cool:

Well the thing about Rolo is that he's unstable.

He was improperly raised to be an ideal assassin. Spent his whole childhood killing people.
He has a huge brother complex DESPITE not even having a real brother.
He's posessive and obsessive... Which results in the death of Shirley.

So to say that Rolo would kill Nunally... Is it that hard to believe?
Old 2008-08-03, 20:17   Link #1090
Major1138

While it does seem strange that Lelouch would send Rolo as part of some super-secret commando mission to rescue Nunnally, I'd have to think there's more to it than that. Lelouch already knows Rolo is nuts, and he knows Rolo killed Shirley. While he might be desperate enough to ask Suzaku for help, he's not stupid enough to send crazy Rolo in. I'd be surprised if there wasn't something else going on we're not aware of yet.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 20:21   Link #1091
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
While it does seem strange that Lelouch would send Rolo as part of some super-secret commando mission to rescue Nunnally, I'd have to think there's more to it than that. Lelouch already knows Rolo is nuts, and he knows Rolo killed Shirley. While he might be desperate enough to ask Suzaku for help, he's not stupid enough to send crazy Rolo in. I'd be surprised if there wasn't something else going on we're not aware of yet.
Sayoko has probably been ordered to kill Rolo in the heat of battle or some such thing.

Would you be surprised? Lelouch is more than famous for giving double-orders. Do this, but also make sure you do THIS!

Do this, but if [blank] does THIS... Do THIS!!! *Stabbing motion.*
Old 2008-08-03, 20:23   Link #1092
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
with Jeremiah around, really shouldn't be that hard anymore to geass Rolo into not killing Nunnally...

Well, might not be much of an issue anyway, Rolo will probably just run off to save Lelouch before the rag boy even gets to Nunnally. Lulu's safety always comes first after all...
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 21:09   Link #1093
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
with Jeremiah around, really shouldn't be that hard anymore to geass Rolo into not killing Nunnally...

Well, might not be much of an issue anyway, Rolo will probably just run off to save Lelouch before the rag boy even gets to Nunnally. Lulu's safety always comes first after all...
Didn't picture you as one of the Rolo haters myself ashlay, but I still believe anyway. Please Rolo, show me what my faith has purchased and do some good this time
Old 2008-08-03, 21:10   Link #1094
orangejuicetang

Sorry, your faith is misplaced. I really can't see it happening, unless his character pulls a complete 180

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2008-08-03, 21:14   Link #1095
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Sorry, your faith is misplaced. I really can't see it happening, unless his character pulls a complete 180
I believe Rolo!! Prove them wrong, and show them that you aren't a monster, show people the content of your character that I believe you always were capable of, especially as the final hours begin to tick down for you
Old 2008-08-03, 21:27   Link #1096
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... he killed the second-most innocent character in the entire show, the only way he could possibly redeem himself is if he destroyed every single bad guy in the show, found the holy grail, and died--all at the same time.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 21:30   Link #1097
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
... he killed the second-most innocent character in the entire show, the only way he could possibly redeem himself is if he destroyed every single bad guy in the show, found the holy grail, and died--all at the same time.
So basically you just said he had no way of redeeming himself, right?

And what if he saves the most innocent character in the entire show, does that not in some way help in regards to him making up for what he did? What about him saving our own main protagonist at the cost of his own life when everyone else in the world could possibly turn against him? I demand that such actions be recognized for what they are worth instead of this ceaseless hate I keep reading!
Old 2008-08-03, 21:33   Link #1098
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

he is the only one certify to kill charles right now, since the code is transfer from vv to charles, if he kills charles, then he pretty much redeem himself but curse with immortality.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 21:34   Link #1099
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
So basically you just said he had no way of redeeming himself, right?

And what if he saves the most innocent character in the entire show, does that not in some way help in regards to him making up for what he did? What about him saving our own main protagonist at the cost of his own life when everyone else in the world could possibly turn against him? I demand that such actions be recognized for what they are worth instead of this ceaseless hate I keep reading!
He killed my favorite character in Code Geass, I'm pretty sure that entitles me to the right of not liking him.

Rolo saving Nunnally would go a long way to redeeming his character, but there's little chance of that happening: he replaced Nunnally, and he obviously doesn't want her back in Lelouch's life. It was mention of Nunnally that ultimately got Shirley killed, which should be a rather obvious hint as to how he regards Nunnally. He is far more likely to kill Nunnally than save her.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 21:35   Link #1100
orangejuicetang

That's only if that happens. You can't demand for actions to be recognized if they haven't happened yet, and probably won't happen. I believe in Rolo too. I believe that Rolo will act like the Rolo he's been for the past 17 episodes. If Rolo does sacrifice himself to save Nunually, I'm that it was really a cloned Sayako disguised as Rolo. jk.