AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-19, 09:45   Link #21
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
No. Actually if you are playing PC, you just drag them to the 1-4 hotkeys at the very bottom of the screen. Default keys for weapons are F1-F4 instead of the number buttons, so unless you reassigned them, you should be able to do so.
Ah, yeah, I play on the 360, so that's a no-go.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 09:49   Link #22
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I had a lot of fun with my infiltrator. *Boom* headshot.

Though, I ended up sacrificing the tech/adept guy instead of Ashley later on. 0_o Dunno what I was thinking. Oh right I wanted my 'harem'. xD.

It's been a while since I played, might have to pick it up again and see where I go, ended up missing some quests while I rented (or 'hired' ) it before.
Old 2009-11-19, 10:09   Link #23
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
I had a lot of fun with my infiltrator. *Boom* headshot.

Though, I ended up sacrificing the tech/adept guy instead of Ashley later on. 0_o Dunno what I was thinking. Oh right I wanted my 'harem'. xD.

It's been a while since I played, might have to pick it up again and see where I go, ended up missing some quests while I rented (or 'hired' ) it before.
I kept Kaidan around so he could help deal with the Krogan battlemasters and Geth Primes when I was using Soldier to gain the AR skill. Throw one while I move in and blast their head out while Garrus covers me, or suck them up in a group with Singularity then throw a Polonium grenade after Garrus blows their armor with Overload. I don't dare to waste my Master Overkill + 2 Heatsinks X + HE rounds on anything smaller than a Geth Walker or the final boss.

The only character I never left out of my team was Garrus. With Turian Agent and a full Decryption, he is able to hold his ground singlehandedly even against 2-3 biotics, providing invaluable covering fire.

I never liked Ashley. She is too useless in large team battles unless you give her the best armors, which you are supposed to wear yourself to prevent Game Over.

Btw, start playing now guys. You can load your old savefile into ME2 once it comes out in Jan.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 11:00   Link #24
Statonxyb
hrm

I may replay ME again just to create a save file how I want it.

Too much free time, I have.
Old 2009-11-19, 11:23   Link #25
Statonxyb
hrm

The cover for Mass Effect 2 is down-right ugly.

Good thing I'm grabbing the Collector's Edition:

For those interested, the Collector's Edition includes:

* The full version of Mass Effect 2
* 48-page hardcover art book
* Limited edition Mass Effect Redemption #1 comic book
* Exclusive in-game Collectors' Edition weapon and armor
* Bonus DVD with behind-the-scenes and making-of videos
* Limited edition Cerberus Network card granting access to bonus content
* (I'm sure a case similiar to the DA:O CE, but we'll see)

Amazon preorders: Inferno Armor, which gives the following bonuses:

-Negotiation Bonus 10%
-All Power Damage 10%
-Increase storm speed by 10%

GameStop preorders: Terminus Armor & M490 Blackstorm Rifle; the weapon:

* Fires a singularity projectile that draws in nearby enemies, and then explosively hurls them away.
* Can be charged up to create larger more powerful singularities.

The armor gives the following bonuses:

* Increases storm speed by 10%
* Increase shields +15%
* Increases all weapons reserve ammo by +1

The Collector's Edition-only armor and weapon, which will not be available as DLC, looks like:

Pretty neat looking stuff.

(P.S. BioWare, hire me as a salesman. )
Old 2009-11-19, 14:29   Link #26
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Wow, some badass armor indeed. Can't wait for this game even though I'm little disappointed with a fact that most of the characters from first the game will not be in your party. Yeah I know they will return as NPCs and have minor roles, but still...
Well, at least Tali will be recruitable, or at least, I think so, Bioware confirmed it.
Old 2009-11-19, 14:55   Link #27
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Why is the Inferno Armour Iron Man/Red Ranger?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 15:06   Link #28
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'll probably have a hard time choosing between armors, since I have the Blood Dragon Armor to worry about as well.

At any rate, I'll have to drop by my gamestore to pre-order now.
Old 2009-11-19, 15:48   Link #29
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
What, they didn't farm it out to Obsidian?

Guess they didn't want to risk Avellone making a better game than they did like what happened with KOTOR and Neverwinter Nights. ^^;
Old 2009-11-19, 16:36   Link #30
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

While I don't know about Neverwinter Knights, the opinions on KotoR in that regard are... divided at best.
Old 2009-11-19, 16:51   Link #31
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
While I don't know about Neverwinter Knights, the opinions on KotoR in that regard are... divided at best.
I'm well aware of that, especially since TSLRP went kaput and will probably never get finished. Unfortunately what's been holding me back from both ME2 and Dragon Age (besides not having the hardware to play either) is that Bioware's games tend to be all the same. Moral dilemmas are handled in such a hamfisted manner.

Either you're a saint or a total bastard. No middle ground. Act like a Democrat, you're a good guy, act like a Republican, you're a bad guy. It's kind of offensive and insulting. =/

However, I have some friends playing Dragon Age and they say it's extremely fun, so I'm currently very sad about my lack of computing and graphics power.
Old 2009-11-19, 17:11   Link #32
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, for a Star Wars game that was expected. A clear line between good and evil is needed in a game who's basic story revolves around the fight between good and evil.

Mass Effect... did have a middle ground. I remember this one smuggling mission which you could solve several ways, making the trade as promised, selling the goods for cash, reporting the smuggler to the authorities and I think there were a couple of others too.

Ooh, or how about that jellyfish preaching on the Citadel? That was one hell of a moral ambiguous sub-quest. Either party was within their right, and there were half a dozen ways to settle the problem.
Old 2009-11-19, 18:11   Link #33
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I never did get to play ME. What with the economy and my joblessness, my gaming hobby has gone from casual to nonexistent.

My aging gaming rig died earlier this year, and it was getting old enough to where it couldn't play much of anything anyway. Now all I've got is a netbook, and it just isn't powerful enough to do much of anything beyond ten year old cRPGs, SNES emulation and zdoom. =/

Really not happy about this but there's not a lot I can do about it. Nobody will hire me, so I'm having a hard enough time just keeping myself alive, much less buying a new computer to game with.

The worst part is I've got so much free time now where being able to game would be welcome to while away the hours waiting for jobs to get back to me, but I can't even do that. -.-'
Old 2009-11-20, 14:28   Link #34
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'm well aware of that, especially since TSLRP went kaput and will probably never get finished. Unfortunately what's been holding me back from both ME2 and Dragon Age (besides not having the hardware to play either) is that Bioware's games tend to be all the same. Moral dilemmas are handled in such a hamfisted manner.

Either you're a saint or a total bastard. No middle ground. Act like a Democrat, you're a good guy, act like a Republican, you're a bad guy. It's kind of offensive and insulting. =/

However, I have some friends playing Dragon Age and they say it's extremely fun, so I'm currently very sad about my lack of computing and graphics power.
ME2 on the overall isn't like that. you get to be Paragon and Renegade at the same time, though my approach to such problems would be often, in RPGs, to pick both their pockets and move off.

I was never the sort to blast others heads off, but I am a pragmatic person. I love money.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-11-20, 18:00   Link #35
Muyasuki

Other than seeing those wicked (literally) looking armors and the information about Tali, I've been trying my best to go into ME2 cold. I literally want everything to be a surprise while at the same time, am hoping that it is only a little worse than ME (because Mass Effect is supposed to be a trilogy and it is usually the second in a trilogy that is the worst). This is my only must buy game of the year as a (usually) broke university student (I even preordered it so that the price seems cheaper to both me and my wallet). I'm not saying that there aren't other games I wanted to buy (Dragon Age, MUA2 and SvR2010 come to mind immediately) but those are games that I can wait until at least summer for. I also got to add that the collector's cover looks so damn good it should be illegal.

Played through the first twice as a paragon male infiltrator and am currently in the process of doing another dual run as a female adapt renegade.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 19:06   Link #36
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
ME2 on the overall isn't like that. you get to be Paragon and Renegade at the same time, though my approach to such problems would be often, in RPGs, to pick both their pockets and move off.

I was never the sort to blast others heads off, but I am a pragmatic person. I love money.
Someone needs to buy me a Vaio FW so I can play these games.
Old 2009-11-20, 19:11   Link #37
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Someone needs to buy me a Vaio FW so I can play these games.
Make t-shirts and sell them or get a menial job like working somewhere like Gamestop or something like that

Old 2009-11-27, 06:03   Link #38
killer3000ad

TALI IS BACK!!! Warning, possible spoilers at the end of this one.

Also new Adept powers, I might actually play one this time around.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2009-11-27 at 06:44.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 07:26   Link #39
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Make t-shirts and sell them or get a menial job like working somewhere like Gamestop or something like that
Alternatively you can pawn off your stuff just for that.

Personally I think that the science behind Mass Effect is to smooth out gravitational waves using those big machines while increasing the mass of another at another end to pull things towards the speed of light.

They should include cute-looking aliens to make this game less gothic and dark. Moe effect would be good.

Old 2009-11-27, 10:59   Link #40
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Alternatively you can pawn off your stuff just for that.

Personally I think that the science behind Mass Effect is to smooth out gravitational waves using those big machines while increasing the mass of another at another end to pull things towards the speed of light.

They should include cute-looking aliens to make this game less gothic and dark. Moe effect would be good.
I'm calling human like creatures with animal features

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2