It's too much to post it all, so I zipped it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8...eb48beb7a53cc8
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 07:56   Link #462
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleo1 View Post
I've been collecting fanart for this show...
Hmmm... I've seen this before somewhere. Same style as Digimon?
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 11:06   Link #463
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
Hmmm... I've seen this before somewhere. Same style as Digimon?
Indeed, it looks like some pose from digimon adventures/tamers.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 23:22   Link #464
Zirdante

They need to release a single of the folk version of the OP, Its a lot better than the original one.
Zirdante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 07:19   Link #465
cutesherry
.:Sweet Dreamer:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirdante View Post
They need to release a single of the folk version of the OP, Its a lot better than the original one.
Totally agree!
The 2nd version of the OP("Shizuku (雫)"), sang by Chitose Hajime, is really awesome >.<
I've been desperately looking for the CD, but it seems like it does not exist T__T
If anyone ever find it in the future, please give me the link to get it!

..::CuteSherry LJ
...♥...CuteSherry MTokyo...♥...CuteSherry APaper...♥...CuteSherry dART::..
~I Seek Peace in my Dreams~
cutesherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 11:30   Link #466
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Awesome show. I've been following this for a year and really enjoyed the journey. The process growing up, the plots, the characters, I really adore them. Epic ending too. Happily ever after.

10/10
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 20:55   Link #467
Riful
Of The West

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbee View Post
So what's next? Nobody is scanlating the manga adaptation. I read German and French so I supose I could grab the first novel, but somehow I'm weary of translations of Uehashi-sensei's work. I mean, Moribito is one of the most mature anime I've ever seen, but the books win all these children's literature awards. Even the English translation won one. Can't help but feel that something must have been lost in translation ("dumbed down"). Or perhaps the anime was more mature than the novels?
Guardian of the Spirit was originally a novel for children in Japan. But it became famous among a general public and many adults enjoy it. Now the books are being reprinted without the "children's literature" part in Japan. So, don't worry, you can read and enjoy it without a problem, eventhough being for children, it's not "childish".

Erin however isn't even "children literature" in Japan. It was from the beginning intended as "all ages" and Nahoko Uehashi even had doubts about adapting it as a children's anime because of that. For Erin the novels are quite a bit more mature than the anime, which added some things to make it easier to watch for a younger audience I suppose.

The english translation of "Guardian" is great and so are the french and german ones for Erin. So, don't worry, read and enjoy =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
Yes, it's going to be a re-cap made up off ten episodes highlighting the main events during Erin's life until the end of the show - How it affected and changed her growing up.
I want to see those, but impossible to find ><
Riful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 13:00   Link #468
bbee

Ah, thanks for that info Riful <3

I'm still holding out hope for an animated Moribito sequel, and the novel translations are far from complete so I guess it makes sense to wait until atleast a few more books are released.
I'll definately be grabbing Erin, though.. As soon as the last book is released. The second one is already out in French and the German version is coming in August, so it shouldn't be too long. Early next year maybe?

I've also tried to look for these summary episodes but couldn't even find raws. It'd be nice to see what they picked for the summaries (hopefully they left out dumb&dumber), there may even be some extra narration to tie the whole thing together? I'm sure the raws are floating around on the .jp p2p networks, but the fansubbers don't seem to like the ending of the anime if you look at their forum.. So I wouldn't hold my breath for any subs

Anyway, the fansub is only 1 ep from completion so hopefully more people will actually watch the show after they're done.. I swear this is the most unjustly overlooked show in the history of anime :|
Old 2010-03-02, 16:03   Link #469
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

The final episode is subbed! Has anyone else watched it?

This time, the translation didn't really add all that much new stuff, but it was still good to see the conclusion. Plus I'd been missing the show these past few weeks.

On further review, Erin's son was indeed wearing the bracelet around his neck, the way Erin used to. And I still really like the way Erin gets incorporated into the "folk art" in the final credits sequence.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 01:18   Link #470
Asleep

Finished watching. Now that it is over I feel empty. It has been really long since I got this attached to a show. I tend to get attached to fantasy(and sci-fi) shows though I like to come and read the thread if I love a show very much, like with Erin, and I must say I am very surprised at the lack of posters.

I am so glad I waited for the episodes to be fully subbed. If they had been releasing the subbed version weekly I would have ended up watching it then. But their slow releases made me wait till it was over. And am I glad I did. I wonder how difficult it would have been waiting for a subbed episode every time! The soundtrack, OP-ED, characters, setting, everything here was great!

The Ohjuu is now my favourite animal ever. Erin's and Lilan's relationship was beautiful. The last episode when Lilan saved Erin was too brilliant to be put into words. I thought Erin was dead when that arrow hit her but she seemed alright, until she made Lilan leave. And then they show us the toudas awakening... I was sure Erin would die just like her mother, but no! Just when I thought a touda was biting her... it turned out to be Lilan safely carrying her! And nice music too. EPIC scene. I thought the 1st time flying scene was great, but this one even managed to top that.

I know some people don't like happy endings, but at least I am glad Erin, Lilan, Ial and even doku sensei are all alive and well in the end.

I do wish they had finished this in episode 49 to show us the epilogue properly in episode 50. We got a really nice scene with Jeshie and Owl. My only gripe is that they didn't add Ial in the end, but overall it was great ending to a great series. Even with all the recaps, even with those two side characters I absolutely loved it!

I hope the dvds/blu-rays sell well enough for them to make a sequel. I just don't know what can fill Erin's place. As it is there aren't many (good) fantasy shows made. Time to rewatch Moribito maybe. I.G. do Moribito 2 now please!

I will keep an eye on this thread for novel spoilers
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 10:00   Link #471
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I will keep an eye on this thread for novel spoilers
You're not likely to find any here, the mods deleted I think all of the spoilers on the thread without saying anything.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 10:19   Link #472
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
You're not likely to find any here, the mods deleted I think all of the spoilers on the thread without saying anything.
nooo They don't even have english versions for the books! Now I can only hope they translate them in english and/or make a second season Maybe it's time to start learning japanese...
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 08:55   Link #473
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Finally caught up with the last few episodes. Definitely a great trip with this series. The journey from Erin as a kid to the very end with her being a parent was pretty impressive. Moving through the stages of her life until that huge conflict at the end. Was pretty worried with that arrow hitting considering the possible internal damage that could have been there. A very nice save by Lilan and Ial did a good job wrapping things up as well.

With 50 episodes can tell quite the story and they did that here.
Old 2010-10-14, 06:07   Link #474
klare

just finished all 50 eps, a very well told story, the world setting is as good as FMA

Erin is a strong lead char and surrounded by many interesting and humanly chars, also the important Lilan

hope to find another show like this someday
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 23:37   Link #475
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirdante View Post
It hasn't been released as a single, but Chitose Hajime's last album Orient (released last august) contains the full version of the song.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 03:06   Link #476
Gooral
Banned

Polish female fan of Kemono no Souja Erin - Enevi has made a summary of the last two books (in English of course):
http://enevi.livejournal.com/886.html

There should appear next parts of it later so stay tuned.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 15:28   Link #477
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Thank you for the link Gooral, much appreciated.
Old 2011-06-15, 10:23   Link #478
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Are there any news about whether this willbe released as a DVD in the West?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 12:09   Link #479
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I highly doubt it. There's not a big market for shows that target families and children unless they're associated with toy franchises. At fifty episodes, it's a big commitment for a licensor, too. I'd guess NHK is happy to be getting whatever royalties it receives from Crunchyroll's carriage of Erin.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 20:45   Link #480
Theowne
耳をすませば

Decided to give this show a second look. I had forgotten about it after testing episode one a while ago, as I had other anime on my plate at that time.

Gotten up to episode 8 now, and I can certainly see something special in this. Guess I should thank Proto for recommending it some time back.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, production i.g.