AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-07, 07:39   Link #2041
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Why would you get Tiamat if you could get a real item instead.
Tiamat Fiora is pretty deadly early garme. But yeah, tanky lifesteal ad Fiora works wonders long term. IF you don't get CC spammed...that's the big if. That's always been my one major issue with Fiora - you have to get in everyone's face and they will go for you.
Old 2012-05-07, 07:58   Link #2042
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I wasn't playing her in ranked, so I usually just create really strange builds for her. Like if I was building her normally I would pick up a bloodthirster mid game. Its hard to fail on Fiora top lane, so I dont see why I can't make strange builds if im doing well . Tiamat Tuesdays everyday
Old 2012-05-07, 08:06   Link #2043
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Tiamat is one of the most underused items in the game, that's for sure It can be fun on slow farmers or your occasional jungler, but it takes up sooo many slots until the final item and all of its effects are overshadowed by BF sword or philo/meki/whatever. If I had to compare it to TriForce, the latter is made up of items which are unique in their own way: MS boost from zeal is the cheapest thing next to boots, sheen is...well, sheen, and phage is a staple item for any melee who doesn't get red.

All that being said, I heard that tomorrow is Tiamat Tuesday!!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 08:18   Link #2044
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I guess that Trinity Force cost nerf was way overdue. I always found it bizarre it cost 4k to make.
Old 2012-05-07, 08:21   Link #2045
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post

All that being said, I heard that tomorrow is Tiamat Tuesday!!
Tiamat Tuesday everyday , I actually only ever use Tiamat on Fiora, I don't play any other champions that actually have use for it.

I just played a bot game AD Kennen using Ionic Spark, so hilarous.
Old 2012-05-07, 08:23   Link #2046
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Someone make Riot pick good skins for sale this week...last few weeks have been bleh...
Old 2012-05-07, 09:58   Link #2047
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

What ones you thinking? I want to get the red Poppy skin. Oh and a Kayle skin, love me some Kayle.
Old 2012-05-07, 11:08   Link #2048
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Although...I am finding Tristana fun and rewarding. She might break my fixation on Miss Fortune somewhat.
Tristana is a pretty strong ranged carry with a very scary large game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I guess that Trinity Force cost nerf was way overdue. I always found it bizarre it cost 4k to make.
What adjustments to trinity force? I haven't heard anything about that(nor do I see any red posts) .

Also I decided to buy Udyr after trying his boots/phoenix jungle start I am liking him a bit more.

And on Skin Sales I'd like to see Ionian Master Yi go on sale, I've been debating buying it for months.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 11:35   Link #2049
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Tristana is a pretty strong ranged carry with a very scary large game.
Know what's scarier? A Jarvan IV with 4 tiamats, boots and an extra tiamat for effect
Old 2012-05-07, 11:44   Link #2050
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Know what's scarier? A Jarvan IV with 4 tiamats, boots and an extra tiamat for effect
Nah the only champ that scares me with tiamats... is Shvyana because of how it works with her Q in her dragon/ult .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 12:28   Link #2051
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So many Tiamats. Just played a quick blind pick, got torn up by a ryze, I was playing Heimerdinger, mid lane. However we still one , my turrets were so good in team fights.
Old 2012-05-07, 18:10   Link #2052
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Pshaw, no one wields destruction better with Tiamat than Twitch. Thank god they nerfed him, because after pre-nerf Twitch got IE + Tiamat (no need for PD as Ambush + Spray almost maxes his AS back then), you pretty much auto-lose every team fight. And even now, Tiamat Twitch is a force to be reckoned with... it's just so damn rare because its so hard to get fed with Twitch now due to him losing practically any bottom lane match up.

As for Tank Riven... I dunno, she can't really do the role of a tank when her initiation is so poor. 1s stun and maybe half second knock up is still relatively easy to get out of.

Assassin or tanky dps, Riven works though. But dear god, don't play main tank with her.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 03:38   Link #2053
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Hmm, Fizz is on special. Time to find out why the little bastard owns so much.
Old 2012-05-08, 03:52   Link #2054
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Not so much own but more like an annoying little bugger. Troll pole is just a smidgen less infuriating than troll pool. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 04:14   Link #2055
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ironscale Shyvana and Dreadknight Nasus on sale? Approved.
Old 2012-05-08, 05:05   Link #2056
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm already wary of Varus from Phreak's preview...almost wondering whether to get it when it's out.
Old 2012-05-08, 10:19   Link #2057
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Watched a few Varus games, they do a better job at showcasing his skills and synergy with champions than Phreak's spotlight. He is very farm-friendly thanks to his passive increasing his AS for every kill and complements ganks well, for the same reason. AoE grievous wounds killed a lot of ranged carries with heals, but since he is built as a glass cannon, he is little more than a wraith in front of a farmed Veigar. Ultimate's kinda sucky; good damage, strong CC but very hard to latch onto enemies as it sticks out from a mile away and its tether is easy to break.

Now that Shyvana's sexy skin is on sale, I bought her What's the most effective way to jungle her? Boots/pots, cloth/pots, vamp scepter, regrowth pendant? Go for Q or W at LV1? Currently building her with merc treads, wriggle's, mallet, atma's, sunfire cape, wit's end, not in that particular order. Lacking CDR, although she doesn't really neeeed it but it would be cool to have burnout always on.
Old 2012-05-08, 13:20   Link #2058
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I start her with boots and 3x health pots, but a lot of people start her with cloth. Its up to you, boots for aggressive early game, cloth for longer stay in the jungle, which I am sure you know. I feel the most effective way is boots. Picking up Merc treads after Wriggles then Wit's, somewhere inbetween those items I pick up Heart of Gold. After that it depends on what you need, tanky or dps. If unsure pick up Frozen Mallet. Summoner spells I use are Exhaust and Smite.
Max burnout asap pick it up at lvl 1. Pick up twin bite at lvl 2 and max at 13.

No comment on Varus, havn't seen enough of him yet.
Old 2012-05-08, 13:42   Link #2059
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Played as Varus twice (once as AD, once as AS/AP on-hit). First of all, he has a sick attack animation His skills are good but suffer from extreme cooldowns early on (mage-style 18 seconds on hail of arrows), he can pick up kills with ease thanks to Q's amazing range. My first game was pretty much right-click to win with a few well-placed E's here and there and pretty snipes through jungle walls. Chain of corruption is more effective than I gave it credit for in TF, mass root from a distance feels like you're throwing Amumu instead. Q damage is worth noting, as is his passive's speed. Farmed 76 creeps in 10' @bot, I usually get 56~64.
On-hit Varus was very interesting, started off maxing his blight damage and it was insane :O Kinda like playing Vayne, but with more damage and longer distance procs. After picking up the shredder stuff (Malady/wit's end/madred's), Varus could kill any champion with a 1-2 combo. Ran flash/cleanse. I can totally see him getting nerfed.
Old 2012-05-08, 14:52   Link #2060
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

oh really, I guess I should try him them. I rarely play AD carries though, I may just wait till hes one the rotation and try him. Kafriel you playing on Euw?

Tags
league of legends, lol