AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 13 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 46.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 10.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 5.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-02-10, 18:39   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
If their location is in space again.... lol, Fellini wouldn't stand a chance.
It appears it's at least capable of putting up a fight on the ground or the initial plan of descending during that battle royal wouldn't have been an option. Still it would seem like she's got the absolute advantage in space.

Curious to see what Fellini does to at least make it interesting. Maybe some sort of plan to at least reveal those funnels.
Old 2014-02-10, 18:58   Link #62
kakakka

I would like to see some terrain or anything in between when fighting Aila/Papilon. That way, there is a chance for Fellini to get the fight into close combat or atleast let him see where the funnels come from. Because no one can really see where she's attacking when there's a clear distance between Papilon and her opponent. I would be happy if Fellini could make Aila reveal some of her weaknesses.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 19:11   Link #63
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I wonder about that. As far as I know, the Zero System only increases the performance of the pilot, not the mobile suit, so it shouldn't have any effect on Build Fighters
I would have an affect on the operating ability thats for sure, the question is whether its a negative or positive effect

Like you said, it only increases the performance of the pilot, and thats only if done correctly due to the nature of the system (instantaneous calculations of multiple outcomes for the pilot to choose from and execute, and even then its up to the pilots choices which affects his/her performance. On top of that there's the mental strain of all that info being processed non-stop)

Quote:
Just realized, anyone in a GP02 MLRS would have decimated all ground tactics if it was gravity-based enclosed terrain. Open with a nuke from the launching pad. Hope that the enemy is destroyed before you :P Similarly, the twins would have lost if the match was in space.

And this opens up a question, can an ALICE system learn. I'd imagine no man can fight against a perfected AI. That will make the unit much more badass than Fenice. "I can't just make a new kit, my Ex-S has over 500 confirmed victories...".
Lol nuking would be hilarious, though somewhat against the nature of the game, but yeah that would be funny as hell

But generally the GP-02 would be screwed in a gravity situation too due to its weight and mobility under gravity. It would not be able to take a shot without destroying itself at that range

An ALICE system would actually be quite the broken system in BF xD
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 19:14   Link #64
Aurelis
Daydreamer

I hope the terrain is in favor of Fenice. It's time we see Aila's true potential. How else will they drive up the Qubeley's sales

Besides, I wanna see that lance pierce through Fenice's chest orb.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 19:47   Link #65
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well that was an interesting brawl. Another memorable fight courtesy of Gundam Build Fighters. I've honestly seen some of the best fights in this one series that the older series can't really match up to in terms of overall satisfaction & excitement.

Even though I knew Yuuki was going to win, that matchup was pulse pounding. Those Renato brothers are not to be fucked with. They redefine the word tactician.

We got some subtle ReijixAila shipping this episode. It was nice that even other characters notice the similarities between both. Also, finally Sei & China are getting some development, It took what? Ten episodes for them to make progress, that's a little slow considering that the show has 25 episodes. Mao & Misaki also got a nod this epsidode, but his hastiness cost him in the end. Still, its good to know that he also has a ship.

At least this episode confirmed the existence of systems from other Gundam series. The EXAM & Trans-Am systems have been confirmed, so we'll most likely see Trans-Am in Dark Matter Exia. That'll be a treat.

Overall, this episode had a great entertainment value IMO & it was 20 minutes well spent. I give it a 9/10.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 19:47   Link #66
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
I hope the terrain is in favor of Fenice. It's time we see Aila's true potential. How else will they drive up the Qubeley's sales

Besides, I wanna see that lance pierce through Fenice's chest orb.
We haven't really seen Aila need to break a sweat that's for sure. In that unit all the fights have been over almost instantly. Took a bit longer in the first episode we saw her fight and had to put in more of an effort with that team-up with Reiji since again the unit wasn't unbelievably powerful.
Old 2014-02-10, 20:01   Link #67
Galaxian

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 20:07   Link #68
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Damn, now that was a nice ep. wouldn't have actually minded if the Renato bros had won the match. Shame they started panicking near the end of the match. Definitely didn't see them using 1/144 zeon soldiers of all things. How the heck would you pull off controlling half a dozen of them so efficiently...
Another plus to them for having the EXAM system with the GM sniper, damn that is a good trump card there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Truly, this episode was...

Amazing.

Images
Summarized by top comment of this pic
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Nice one. That top comment. Laughed more at that than I should have in the ep.
Old 2014-02-10, 20:22   Link #69
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

This episode was excellent.

Yuuki needed a battle that showed he could make a comeback. Something to show off his heart.
Old 2014-02-10, 20:43   Link #70
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Awesome episode, that battle was all badass tactics. The GM Sniper was a silent beast. Might be one of the best fights of the series so far.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 21:06   Link #71
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Kampfer Amazing is the pinnacle of the previous era's Gunpla Fighting, when Plavsky Particle Manipulation is just an extra bonus and the main focus is the quality of build. When the tournament is over, and if there is more for Gundam Build Fighters, I am sure there'll be more Gunplas with more crazy abilities.
And yet, the production of Kampfer Amazing is said to have utilized the best of PPSE's Plavsky Particle Manipulation research.If all it can do is store an insane amount of weapons and being well built, with excellent performance, then it's a bit dull.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 21:14   Link #72
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
And yet, the production of Kampfer Amazing is said to have utilized the best of PPSE's Plavsky Particle Manipulation research.
Is it? All I remember is they are saying it's the best thing they built, not because it's the best at manipulating the Plavsky Particle.

It's still great nonetheless, since throughout the match all we saw is Yuuki's purely maneuver skills without any sort of gimmick or trick.
Old 2014-02-10, 21:19   Link #73
kakakka

Yeah, I am about to ask which episode they said it was the best from their Particle Manipulation research...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 21:20   Link #74
akumaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Amazing.

Images
Summarized by top comment of this pic
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I get it.
It was even favorited
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 21:35   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Yeah, I am about to ask which episode they said it was the best from their Particle Manipulation research...
I think Sei said something like that in episode 11.

Though it was just based on his assumption because the team that built it supposedly know everything about Plavsky particles. Of course he was pretty much off on that point. He and Nielsen, and Mao applied their understanding of the particles far better than the actual organizers of the tournament. It's not wonder PPSE went after Yuuki, they need someone that elite piloting.

Of course it makes sense if the guy in charge just stole the technology from wherever Reiji is from. They understood enough to make these gunpla arenas, but don't actually understand the particles well enough to make gunpla that can make special use of the particles. Or really make any special use of the particles in any other fields.
Old 2014-02-10, 21:36   Link #76
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
It took what? Ten episodes for them to make progress, that's a little slow considering that the show has 25 episodes.
Considering this is Gundam, actually making progress in 10 episodes without resorting to newtype shenanigans is fast.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 22:36   Link #77
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Kampfer Amazing being mostly traditional build makes sense

It theoretically can be used by anyone, from amateur to professional, with excellent Out-of-Box performance and versatile deployment showing.

In short, Kampfer Amazing is supposed to be next hot shit in gunpla market.
Old 2014-02-10, 22:48   Link #78
Somnus
Eh?

Heavily biased 10/10 for Mao x Misaki goodness! The man is made of awesome for his initiative. Okay, not ALL 10 was simply for that (but the bias that caused it surely is). Loved all the nods to the ships since...well, I absolutely love all the ships! Also, kudos to the Renato bros for bringing some "Tacti-cool" into the gunpla battles. I've got to say, this series is one satisfying battle after another. I love it.

I feel sorry for every Gundam fan missing out on this gem. It's such a fun ride.
Old 2014-02-10, 23:51   Link #79
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The Fighters still have an interface system, so if they wanted they could add it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
the question is weather or not a person could handle the zero system, heero and zechs were only able to use theirs after they both piloted the zero and epyon, two different zero systems, all others went berserk while piloting them because they couldn't handle them,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I would have an affect on the operating ability thats for sure, the question is whether its a negative or positive effect

Like you said, it only increases the performance of the pilot, and thats only if done correctly due to the nature of the system (instantaneous calculations of multiple outcomes for the pilot to choose from and execute, and even then its up to the pilots choices which affects his/her performance. On top of that there's the mental strain of all that info being processed non-stop)
Come to think of it, Aila's battle uniform is probably the closest thing to a Zero System, assuming it's doing something to help her fight, only without any apparent side effect. However, it does seem to be a separate system from the battle system, which makes me wonder why she would be allowed to use it, as it seems like cheating. If the uniform isn't doing anything, then it's the silliest red herring ever.

That said, considering gunpla fight seems to be for all ages, I don't think something like a Zero System, or anything that interfaces directly with the mind, would normally be allowed.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-11, 00:08   Link #80
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Come to think of it, Aila's battle uniform is probably the closest thing to a Zero System, assuming it's doing something to help her fight, only without any apparent side effect. However, it does seem to be a separate system from the battle system, which makes me wonder why she would be allowed to use it, as it seems like cheating. If the uniform isn't doing anything, then it's the silliest red herring ever.

That said, considering gunpla fight seems to be for all ages, I don't think something like a Zero System, or anything that interfaces directly with the mind, would normally be allowed.
Uh no, she have been shown to get a headache, though whether or not this is a direct cause from the helmet is somehwat debatable
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote