AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-01, 02:43   Link #41
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Love Dean's art (he's pretty buff in the show too), I thought Sam's hair was at shoulder length though...but I'm not gonna complain, this is great!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-01, 21:58   Link #42
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Love Dean's art (he's pretty buff in the show too), I thought Sam's hair was at shoulder length though...but I'm not gonna complain, this is great!
Not to sound like a fangirl fanboy , but his hair was closer to this style in season 1^^...
Old 2010-07-02, 03:14   Link #43
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, you're probably right...been a long time since I watched S1 though
Old 2010-07-05, 03:40   Link #44
Avira
fanart-fan :D

They better keep the music, though. I want my Highway to Hell!

I'm just not too keen on watching the OP hearing some japanese singer wailing away to Dean standing in some flower meadow scene and Sam opening his eyes dramatically.

Oh god no. I can see it.

But the drawings look fine^^ I mean, sure, kinda generalized bishie but this is anime (they could never get Jensen Ackle's awesomeness down anyway)
Old 2010-07-07, 00:31   Link #45
Nosauz

Sam is a bit too scrawny. I doubt they'll be able to use the liscened music that isn't created in the show, just thinking about those liscensing contracts is head splitting. I hope they also keep the creator comic episode, that was one cheeky episode. Although I doubt the seiyu's will do a great job translating the voices or atleast their dry american wit over.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:35   Link #46
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Wow, I'm surprised by this. Why are they doing this @_@?

Is it because the Supernatural series isn't that popular in Japan and they're trying to market it to the anime audience by remaking it into an anime?

I like the art style so far...might check it out.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 00:53   Link #47
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^Nah, it was just so popular in the states that an anime is a definite success there. Most of the Supernatural (anime) fans will probably be from the west too.
Old 2010-07-08, 07:50   Link #48
saya_leviathan

Uhm, for the Dean fans out there...you might be pretty disappointed with the color of Dean's hair.....

Oh and here's a translated interview of the anime directors in charge of the project
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 18:33   Link #49
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

^ Kinda black-ish? ... thats not a deal breaker....There are many other things that could go seriously wrong besides Dean's hair color
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 15:49   Link #50
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, like pink(!) hair for Helen, puppy dog eyes for Joe, a red hat for Bobby and crazy-eyed demons.
Old 2010-07-16, 07:51   Link #51
Haladflire65
*Artist

After hearing that Uchida Yuuya()'s going to play Sam and seeing the art I've added Supernatural to my watch list^^ I've never watched the drama but it sounds pretty awesome. And it's Madhouse. When's it set to air again?
Old 2010-07-16, 08:01   Link #52
saya_leviathan

^January 2011
Old 2010-08-06, 23:15   Link #53
saya_leviathan

Trailer of the Supernatural anime is out:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ailer-streamed
Old 2010-08-07, 01:24   Link #54
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Hell YEAH! Go Madhouse!!! That looks sooo dark n sexe!

ALSO:

Quote:
Update 2: Padalecki and Ackles will dub two episodes in the second box into English. For the entire series, Takaya Hashi is dubbing the brothers' father John into Japanese, and Mabuki Andou is dubbing their mother Mary.
^ Freaking awesome dude!

Here is the link to WB full quality teaser trailer:

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/supernatural/#/animeTop
Old 2010-08-07, 02:00   Link #55
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
Trailer of the Supernatural anime is out:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ailer-streamed
Madhouse, the instant I saw the works by Yoshiaki Kawajiri like Cyber City and Ninja Scroll, I knew I would love you. A LOT.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 14:39   Link #56
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I am still unsure what to think of it..:
40 minute episodes cramped into 20 minutes.. probably all the fun stuff is cut out
Hearing this show in Japanese is ear rape... will they pronounce demon/creature names in Japanese as well and keep the name of places Engrish.. I could never really think them or see them as Dean and Sam because of this... Dean's VA would certainly not have the same charm in his voice, Jensen's voice is pretty deep which makes it very unique.
I'm not sure of the quality of writing either.. I wouldn't say that I was/am a big fan of the IM and Wolverine animations they are doing.. it is all too standard build up: quick intro.. the case hasted.. ending flashy but too fast and quickly over... I'm scared they will write it too fast..
Flashy animation but over in a heart beat..
I am unsure about the music, I don't think they will use the same songs as in the shows. Like Devil may cry the anime had decent music but it just wouldn't fit.. it was composed and I am pretty sure they want to release their own soundtrack for this

I'm a big fan of the show.. but the Japanese turning to me is meh..
I hate it when Americans take over Japanese animation and vice versa also...
I'm surprised Sherlock Holmes hasn't gotten raped yet.. perhaps they will in the future..
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 08:11   Link #57
Irkalla
I asked for this

I'm just worried they are gonna kill off the characters, especially Dean. I don't think anybody than Jensen can pull off a Dean demeanour, it's just, too awesome. The anime style however does look badass and since we are talking about madhouse here, there is no doubt that it's gonna be more bombastic and monstrous than the original show. It's gonna sound funny for me in japanese tho, so maybe this is gonna be one of the few animes that I'll rather watch the dub.
Old 2010-08-09, 10:04   Link #58
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I hope this is an adaption rather than an interpretation . I am not fond of bastardization of any sort . I don't mind them sticking to the original show in terms of plot . Though I wouldn't mind John Winchester Chronicles thrown in from Supernatural Origins ( 1 2 3 )

I do hope the Hell Saga is featured and also there is Castiel . Supernatural just wouldn't be supernatural without Castiel . Also pretty sure Uriel will be a Bishie purely for Slash purposes . My Favorite Demon so far was Lilth, hope she is not typecast as a cliche Psycho loli crushing on Wichesters . If indeed Lilith is featured her character and persona stays true to the show .

Too much of an ask but this is what I had in mind when I heard about the show . Esp the fluidity and edgy style of Dexter Early Cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
The anime style however does look badass and since we are talking about madhouse here, there is no doubt that it's gonna be more bombastic and monstrous than the original show. It's gonna sound funny for me in Japanese tho, so maybe this is gonna be one of the few animes that I'll rather watch the dub.

I am generally little skeptical of western to Japanese adaptation in lieu with Afro Samurai . Yeah Madhouse is the USP for the anime and IronMan/Wolverine may just change my view in general .

Regarding the seiyu, Touchi Hiroki (Sam) has quite the roles in his kitty notably Cross/Abel/Ken . Though UchidaYuya (Dean) is relatively new, the only role that stood out for me was Stein . Adjusting to there voices will be weird for first couple of episodes , need getting used to . Heck maybe even sound comical .

Speaking of Dubs, Jensen Ackles is a voice actor also, just recently saw a Batman Animation with him voicing a role . Would be quite the treat if they can manage to cast Jared/Ackles as VA in Dubs .
Old 2010-08-09, 23:28   Link #59
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post

I do hope the Hell Saga is featured and also there is Castiel . Supernatural just wouldn't be supernatural without Castiel . Also pretty sure Uriel will be a Bishie purely for Slash purposes . My Favorite Demon so far was Lilth, hope she is not typecast as a cliche Psycho loli crushing on Wichesters . If indeed Lilith is featured her character and persona stays true to the show .
Yeap, it is Crucial for them to put Castiel in there however ...Lilith isn't the one that grabs my attention........ the one I really want to see is Alistair, it would be awesome to see him animated like the true bad-ass-sadistic-demon he is. I know he was only around for like 4 eps or so but his character was amazing!
Old 2010-08-19, 16:52   Link #60
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra
Speaking of Dubs, Jensen Ackles is a voice actor also, just recently saw a Batman Animation with him voicing a role . Would be quite the treat if they can manage to cast Jared/Ackles as VA in Dubs .
I didn't really love him as RedHood though...Seemed a bit too standard a VA...But if he does himself (which I believe they will--at least for the first installment) he can unleash that Dean fury...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuxe
Yeap, it is Crucial for them to put Castiel in there however ...Lilith isn't the one that grabs my attention........ the one I really want to see is Alistair, it would be awesome to see him animated like the true bad-ass-sadistic-demon he is. I know he was only around for like 4 eps or so but his character was amazing!
While I too loved Alistar (Sam ended him kinda too easy) and think Castiel's character is good enuff for his own spinoff, it'll be years before any of them appear if it's to be believed that the 24 ep series will just be based on s1 events...C'mon Japanese fangirls, eat this show up, then maybe we'll get some future seasons where Cas and company may appear^^...Although in any event, it's gonna be a looong time before this happens...