AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-01, 11:00   Link #41
upiro

Wow, this chapter was a shocker! Not completely unexpected but still hits you in the gut at the very end. I always suspected that there was more to her than meets the eye. Her background’s just as intriguing as Baam’s. She says sorry though so there’s still something beneath the surface that we don’t know about yet.

Gosh, this series really is gripping. Quite the well executed story so far. I really wonder where it’s going to go from here.
upiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 20:16   Link #42
Dorsai

upiro this series is better then HxH ever will be...

They just need to go above 134 floor... Remember that best rankers (king too) still want to go higher then 134, just noone pass the test on 134 yet... And king Zahard isnt best ranker in tower (there are two better, though that three never fight each over)... Maybe best floor is 135, maybe 1000... Maybe we will discover it eventually...

addiC better if she isnt Ren (Len)... She is too interesting character to waste her on one stupid assasin... Though their personallity not match... It would be strange that intelligent girl like her act this stupid and fall that easy into director trap... And its not only about intelligence- for example she is calm, Ren is quick-tempered, she is emotionless, Ren is emotional etc...
Old 2011-12-07, 07:00   Link #43
upiro

@Dorsai: I think the Rankers have conquered Level 134 since it’s now open to human habitation. They’ve passed the test given by the Guardian of that level. It looks like Floor 135 is the next big challenge and none of the Rankers have beaten the Guardian of Level 135 yet. Since it gets harder and harder as you go up and the shinsoo density increases significantly, opening up new floors must be that much more difficult. Lahel certainly has chosen one of heck of a goal to pursue! I hope Floor 135 is not the last and that there are many more floors to open up.

I’m looking forward to seeing top high rankers eventually especially Zahard and the two Irregulars above him. It’ll be interesting to learn what sort of person King Zahard really is since he’s the one who opened up most of the floors in the Tower. I wonder why he’s “inactive” right now (according to the Wiki pages anyway) and what Yuri meant that his power is not the sort of convenient strength that Ren believes it is. So many mysteries …

Yeah, I agree that Hwa Ryun is not Ren. But, I think she knew that Ren was not their true wave controller teacher but an impostor. If you go back to Chapter 29, you can tell that she’s suspicious when Ren is introducing himself as his teacher. I don’t know who she is but if Evan knows her, she must be either someone influential or someone who shouldn’t be there.
Old 2011-12-17, 08:10   Link #44
upiro

“Congratulations … for becoming the heroine of the story.”

Haha, brilliant!! What’s ironic was that most readers would have called her the heroine only a few chapters ago. Now, we have no idea what she is. Since she seems to have a connection with Hwa Ryun, we should soon uncover the mystery behind the woman with red hair and red eyes as well. Also, didn’t Hwa Ryun attack Lahel during the Crown Game and was stopped by Baam? Does that mean Hwa Ryun was simply pretending or ended up forming a relationship with Lahel only later on? More mysteries …
Old 2011-12-17, 21:26   Link #45
shakes12

hopefully we see baam next chapter. 75 got the lowest rating it ever got in tower of god
shakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 21:53   Link #46
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes12 View Post
hopefully we see baam next chapter. 75 got the lowest rating it ever got in tower of god
People (Koreans included) are maaaaaad at Lahel -- err, Rachel.

I am too. Never liked her in the first place, natch.

Albeit, the author already anticipated all of this. In his blog he wrote something along the lines of how he pretty much gave up on ratings with this development, but he decided anyway to write the story the way he originally planned it (which means...well I don't know either).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 23:05   Link #47
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post

Albeit, the author already anticipated all of this. In his blog he wrote something along the lines of how he pretty much gave up on ratings with this development, but he decided anyway to write the story the way he originally planned it (which means...well I don't know either).
So... he's really gonna focus on whatever her name is now? Thought he was trolling at the end of the chapter.

Oh well, what can you do. I'm in the same boat of never liking her in the first place, and the last stunt she pulled got her a spot on my permanent shit list. I don't want her to be redeem at all.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 23:30   Link #48
shakes12

i never liked lahel or rachel anyway
shakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 03:56   Link #49
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post

Oh god... I really REALLY hope the author is just trolling here. This really stupid way to do this otherwise. What was point following Baam all these chapters?

I hope we get answer in the 3 chapters or, might drop this series due to Rachel being as interesting as dry brick and bitch on top of it.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 04:26   Link #50
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Just FYI, what he said in the blog was that he seriously considered changing the story because of how popular it's gotten, but chose to go with his original plan anyway or he'll never forgive himself.

Note that SIU never actually said what the original plan was. The Lahe- dammit, Rachel, becoming the main character part is an in-story remark by the pretty redhead mystery girl as "congratulations" for successfully acquiring the support of Baam's comrades.

Also, he said -- I think -- that Baam only really came into his role as the main character within the last few chapters. In other words, Baam is very probably not dead and not out of the story (at least forever, we don't know if it's going to ignore Baam for the next 100 chapters, or go the opposite way and focus entirely on "Baam's new adventure" ignoring Rachel, Koon & co. instead).

That doesn't make me dislike Rachel any less, mind. I'm sure she has a perfectly good reason to do what she did, but that doesn't change the fact that she's a bland and annoyingly secretive character, also now kind of a bitch, in a comic full of Awesome Fighting Princesses. That and I'd rather see more Koon x Baam partnership and this development fundamentally separates them.
Old 2011-12-18, 04:37   Link #51
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
So... he's really gonna focus on whatever her name is now? Thought he was trolling at the end of the chapter.
This better be top class trolling.
Old 2011-12-18, 08:35   Link #52
upiro

Quote:
Quote:
Just FYI, what he said in the blog was that he seriously considered changing the story because of how popular it's gotten, but chose to go with his original plan anyway or he'll never forgive himself.
That’s good!! I’m glad to hear that! What attracted me to this comic is the interesting and original storyline that the author’s set up so far. If he changes it just to pander to his fans or maintain its popularity, I suspect that it will soon lose its appeal (to me at least). I have no idea where it’s going from here but I liked what happened in this chapter. Based on others’ reactions, I seem to be in the minority …

Also, I don’t get the Lahel – oops, I mean Rachel – hatred. Betrayal is never cool but the author’s given enough hints that there are mysteries surrounding her still waiting to be uncovered. The fact that she apologized several times, her seemingly genuine desire to protect Baam in previous chapters, her unknown motivations to reach the top and see the sky. All of this makes me hopeful that she’s not a typical villain but we’ll have to wait and see.

I’m pretty sure we’ll see Baam again. Just like everyone else, I like him too. But, I’d be more than happy to follow Rachel and company as they climb up the Tower if that’s the route the author decides to take. The fact that the story continues to follows its own path and keeps me guessing is one reason why I like it …
Old 2011-12-18, 09:26   Link #53
Odd

I have a feeling that Baam went with Yuri and her companions, considering he was nowhere to be found.

EDIT: The raw for 76 is out

Spoiler for 76:

Last edited by Odd; 2011-12-18 at 10:39.
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 13:49   Link #54
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Spoiler for Ch 76:
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 15:38   Link #55
Odd

I think Baam is the irregular but its just that the interest was shifted from Lahel since she was a powerless regular who turned up at the same time, so Hedon would pay more attention to the irregular.

It's also been overstated many times that all irregulars are powerful people who cause chaos, but Lahel doesn't suit that lineup.
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 17:38   Link #56
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Yeah, but Leroro defined regular as those who are chosen to take the test to climb the tower, whereas the irregulars are not chosen but made their way into the inner tower. The chapter seems to imply that Hedon actually chose Baam, and Lahel got mixed in, where it was initially implied that Baam made his way into the tower himself to look for Lahel, making him an irregular.

I thought that irregulars are inherently powerful because they forced their way into the tower and power is not a defining character in itself?

That, or I'm just crazy and making things up.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 18:05   Link #57
Zarifus

I think this may have something to do with the laws of Zahard. Regulars are inhabitants of the tower chosen to climb it. Irregulars are people who were chosen by the tower itself, or have forced their way into the tower. Lahel/Rachel would be even more irregular then an irregular since she hitchhiked her way into the tower by using Baam. Maybe she knew Baam had potential to open the door, and triggered Baam to do so with the things she said hence the smiling as the light enveloped her.
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 18:44   Link #58
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

...and that's it for Part I, folks!

We shall now proceed to the trendy webtoon hiatus period.

Oh, and for the chapter itself:

Spoiler for chapter 78:
Old 2012-01-05, 21:24   Link #59
paladinenvec

And the end of season one enters
Spoiler:
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 08:52   Link #60
Grey

Spoiler for Chapter 78:
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote