AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 10 20.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 31.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 14.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-28, 13:39   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Total Eclipse - Episode 17 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Total Eclipse, Episode 17.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Information from the Muv-Luv games must not be posted in this thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-10-28, 13:50   Link #2
ookamigirl

Episode 17

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-10-28, 13:57   Link #3
II Maestro

Spoiler for Episode 17:
Old 2012-10-28, 14:09   Link #4
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Images
ep 17
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoilers
Spoiler for 17
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-28, 14:31   Link #5
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

as other posted earlier , it character development .... they put a mini recap of 16 ( What the heck...) Cui aggressiveness , The twin wondering why there feeling this way and of course Yui-hime dere-dere mode

while little is shown, but F 22 has the edge on anti TSF warfare ... shealth is factor , so are units specs and plus pilots ability .... That's for now ... Cui unit lasting 4 minutes is respectable considering she's using TSF that has no stealth ....
Old 2012-10-28, 14:41   Link #6
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

2nd generation machines against the state-of-the-art 3rd generation TSFs with better stealth than the mass produced raptors? It'd take more than a miracle for the Bao-Feng to win that battle.

Oh,and I feel sorry for the bartender. She needs to wear personal protective equipment considering her customers have been coughing out their drinks towards her direction. haha.
Old 2012-10-28, 14:43   Link #7
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
2nd generation machines against the state-of-the-art 3rd generation TSFs with better stealth than the mass produces raptors. It'd take more than a miracle for the Bao-Feng to win that battle.
Too true. Yuuya and the Shiranui should last more than 4 minutes, right?
Old 2012-10-28, 14:43   Link #8
dmaxzero

Fun.

Can someone point out why does Cryska fell for Yuuya? What is the reason? I dont remember any situation in the previous chapters that could have heavily shifted her feelings towards him.

Well, besides that, Was a fun episode seeing Yuuya harem on the work. And I want to know Yuuya´s past now. Seems pretty nasty somehow, hope it does not dissapoint.
Old 2012-10-28, 14:55   Link #9
MontyAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
Can someone point out why does Cryska fell for Yuuya? What is the reason? I dont remember any situation in the previous chapters that could have heavily shifted her feelings towards him.
When they were on the desert island?
Old 2012-10-28, 15:03   Link #10
dmaxzero

Quote:
When they were on the desert island?
*Rewatching*

Are you sure?
Old 2012-10-28, 15:08   Link #11
Ray
Garnet

Was.. that mini-recap of the battle really necessary? Why not use it as a flashback or something? *sigh*

No new OP until episode 20.. blah. But at least there's a new scene in the OP now (and of Cui!).. We did get a new ED though, which was quite fitting for the end of this episode, but I still much prefer the first one to this.

Deredere Yui is so cute. Yuuya needs to tap that already. Get on with it, bro.

And now people can see how powerful Raptors are. As much as I love Raptors, my heart belongs to another TSF, which I believe is better than the Raptor. I felt pretty bad for Baofeng flight having to go up against a whole flight of Raptors in their 2nd gen TSFs, not to mention that the Infinities have better stealth systems than normal Raptors. I hope Argos flight manages to beat them..

And finally, I love how assertive and aggressive Cui is. <3
Old 2012-10-28, 15:11   Link #12
shinigami99

How exactly does one be so successful in conquering a harem even when he does not actively try to do it? LOL

Also, eager to know of Yuuya's "dark" past. Should be interesting.

Animation took a dive back to the lows that we usually see. Man it was painful to watch at some points.

Regardless, I'm very much into the series now and unless something drastically changes, I'm going to see this series through to the end.
Old 2012-10-28, 15:11   Link #13
Gundamx

[mod edit: removed spoilers]

Oh and I like the ed XP.

Spoiler for ...lol?:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-28 at 15:51.
Old 2012-10-28, 15:15   Link #14
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
I guess it started as "why does Inia likes him?"
Spoiler for episode 17:

Oh QUALITY episodes... why did you return?

I'm guessing the studio is bad at 2d drawnings but excels at 3d (see TSF combat)
On ep. 16 we had more combat than 2d scenes soo...
Old 2012-10-28, 15:16   Link #15
Domonkazu

budget hit low bottom again.....

I was wondering does the stealth work on BETA??
Old 2012-10-28, 15:17   Link #16
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Spoiler for ...lol?:
Oh, god.. what is that monstrosity?
Old 2012-10-28, 15:28   Link #17
tsunade666

This episode is insane in lots of ways.

First the flashback of the russian esper loli's. its a wonder that before Inia and Cryska are at the same height but Cryska develop into a fine lady while Inia is still a lovely loli

The recap of the last episode is a waste of time and a useful way to save money -_-

onto the new part

the first riot is where Cui barge into the Yui and Yuuya's little launch time just to announce that if she win Yuuya and Cui will be having a honeymoon but crazy girl was curb stomp by the raptor. Well it has the ratio of 1:7 against Tsf. Raptor is a monster against tsf with its stealth.

The next riot is when Yuuya met up with Cryska and Inia in the bridge. Lovely scene from the audience pov but Cryska and Yuuya are both clueless. Its funny that while Cryska is having problems concerning Yuuya but Yuuya's answer is his problems with 94 2nd (lol should already expect that)

having a lovely scene Inia left the two such a considering girl but alas another trouble appear. Cui then Cryska with a slight irritation that she can't understand left and the funny part of it is Cui did Sumika's trade punch to Yuuya Cui is just a lovely girl indeed and a total riot. BANZAI CHINESE MIKU!!! though above all there is Yui observing the scene in the trees That! is the best scene

Yui get drunk by juice -_- followed by Yuuya entering the bar and Leon and having a bro fist fight with Sharon behind Leon.

Ah the final scene is such a lovely scene where Yuuya drag Yui out of the bar and having declaration of rivalry with Leon but forget Leon and Sharon. Yuuya took Yui's hand and run away. Its like they are in elopment which is impossible

funny scenes indeed.

I just notice it this episode because I didn't look before but there is a new ED right? since when did it change and when will op change?
Old 2012-10-28, 15:41   Link #18
LeoXiao
思想工作

Cons: The quality of this episode sucked and all they had to do was animate faces! Is it really that hard to make someone look right? Also, this anime kind of sucks at dialogue, they should just stick to TSFs and BETA-crushing. Yui getting an orgasm every time she sees Yuuya is getting a bit old, if this goes on she'll have undergone a complete personality change.

Pros: Kind of hilarious how Yuuya answered Cryska's (ridiculous) question with "oh don't worry it's just an Eishi thing". Also, good to see the two new Americans start to enter the scene. I wonder if Kuze will try to steal Yui from Bridges?

Misc: The Chinese may not have the best TSF, but they have managed to figure out how to make a girl's hair defy gravity!
Old 2012-10-28, 15:45   Link #19
Belgaesh

This was a good episode, even though I think they are focusing a bit to much in the love part.

We've got to see Cui show as his wife, Cryska anxious about something she has no idea about(it's love) and Yuuya that doesn't understand a thing and thinks it's related to his love TSF, and we can't forget about Yui, who was shocked embarassed, and depressed in one episode. Almost forgot Yui as a stalker...

The battle part was really really short, we almost didn't see the Raptors, the same way Cui and her team didn't saw them.

We've also got to see a bit about the past of the Scarlet Twin's, being raised in a reserch facility Due to it's a matter of course that Cryska has difficulties in understanding her own emotions.

Almost forgot, what the hell happend between Yuuya and Leon, those guys really hate each other. I hope that the anime show us the "why" part soon.

The anime is really going in a slow pace, with more 07 episodes to go I can't see the ending yet.
Old 2012-10-28, 15:50   Link #20
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
This episode is insane in lots of ways.

First the flashback of the russian esper loli's. its a wonder that before Inia and Cryska are at the same height but Cryska develop into a fine lady while Inia is still a lovely loli

The recap of the last episode is a waste of time and a useful way to save money -_-

onto the new part

the first riot is where Cui barge into the Yui and Yuuya's little launch time just to announce that if she win Yuuya and Cui will be having a honeymoon but crazy girl was curb stomp by the raptor. Well it has the ratio of 1:7 against Tsf. Raptor is a monster against tsf with its stealth.

The next riot is when Yuuya met up with Cryska and Inia in the bridge. Lovely scene from the audience pov but Cryska and Yuuya are both clueless. Its funny that while Cryska is having problems concerning Yuuya but Yuuya's answer is his problems with 94 2nd (lol should already expect that)

having a lovely scene Inia left the two such a considering girl but alas another trouble appear. Cui then Cryska with a slight irritation that she can't understand left and the funny part of it is Cui did Sumika's trade punch to Yuuya Cui is just a lovely girl indeed and a total riot. BANZAI CHINESE MIKU!!! though above all there is Yui observing the scene in the trees That! is the best scene

Yui get drunk by juice -_- followed by Yuuya entering the bar and Leon and having a bro fist fight with Sharon behind Leon.

Ah the final scene is such a lovely scene where Yuuya drag Yui out of the bar and having declaration of rivalry with Leon but forget Leon and Sharon. Yuuya took Yui's hand and run away. Its like they are in elopment which is impossible

funny scenes indeed.

I just notice it this episode because I didn't look before but there is a new ED right? since when did it change and when will op change?

So many jealous waifus in this episode....Yui behind that tree was pure classic. I liked how the episode opened with Cryska & Inia's past, along with that melancholic melody playing in the background. Pretty fitting I think. Cui is seriously in her own world, drooling over Yuuya like that. XD

Am I the only one who noticed Cryska's arm oddly tucked under the sheets in that last part of the episode? Don't tell me she was doing something naughty while thinking of Yuuya?

The only thing I hate about the episode are the massive amounts of QUALITY faces. Oh god, their numbers are greater than the BETA.
Closed Thread