AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 16:34   Link #161
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
You be quiet about that!

If anything, give the Numbers expanded roles so you CAN care about them!
Nope, that'd make me downright hate them. It's like they saw the success of Nanoha befriending more and more misunderstood villains and were like "lets crank it up to over 9000!" and they failed miserably. Crowding a franchise is an instant turn off for me unless they do it right and/or slowly.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 16:36   Link #162
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Well then, too bad.

It's not like the movies focus on anyone but Fate anyway.

So why not give the Numbers expanded roles?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 16:42   Link #163
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Nope, that'd make me downright hate them. It's like they saw the success of Nanoha befriending more and more misunderstood villains and were like "lets crank it up to over 9000!" and they failed miserably. Crowding a franchise is an instant turn off for me unless they do it right and/or slowly.
I don't really see what the big deal about the Numbers being misunderstood was. Actually they weren't misunderstood so much as manipulated and misguided. Fate and the Wolkenritter were misunderstood-- they had very good reasons for doing what they did. The Numbers were just being used by Jail. For all his talk about 'family' in the manga I never got the impression he cared about any of them except the first, extremely loyal batch.
KuronaFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 16:46   Link #164
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Thinking back to the epilogue, it makes me think that they're not going to skip very far ahead. I believe Nanoha showing Arisa and Suzuka that she can use magic at the end of A's, is because they don't plan on discarding them in the sequel. And they had to of found out she used magic at some point.
Given that they skipped two years ahead instead of six, yeah, I figured that. That's time enough for Hayate's legs to heal (and apparently give her Rein Zwei much earlier).

And if this new movie takes place on Earth, that Arisa/Suzuka scene was just to make them aware of what was going on. They probably won't have much of a role, other than as potential victims to what is going on. I figure Nanoha would have told them sooner or later, if she does go work for the Bureau, so they know why she disappears for months on end, and is out of communication range.

That scene felt funny, though... in the series, they had Nanoha and Fate there, explaining things around a table while they drank tea. In the movie, Nanoha just shows them RH, and then heads out the door, leaving them there, as if to say, "Oh, I have magic now, and I'm leaving you guys. Seeya!"
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 16:55   Link #165
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
^ somehow that scene is funny.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:42   Link #166
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Given that they skipped two years ahead instead of six, yeah, I figured that. That's time enough for Hayate's legs to heal (and apparently give her Rein Zwei much earlier).

And if this new movie takes place on Earth, that Arisa/Suzuka scene was just to make them aware of what was going on. They probably won't have much of a role, other than as potential victims to what is going on. I figure Nanoha would have told them sooner or later, if she does go work for the Bureau, so they know why she disappears for months on end, and is out of communication range.

That scene felt funny, though... in the series, they had Nanoha and Fate there, explaining things around a table while they drank tea. In the movie, Nanoha just shows them RH, and then heads out the door, leaving them there, as if to say, "Oh, I have magic now, and I'm leaving you guys. Seeya!"
Well, in the series, they also start getting awfully suspicious something is going on when Nanoha's math grades start skyrocketing since magic = math, and I think that was cut out of the movies too. Not to mention Nanoha and Fate being ridiculously good at PE class all of a sudden too.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:45   Link #167
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Was Nanoha ever good at PE class? What was up with the supplement manga where Nanoha was lacking skills in volleyball, or when Fate was helping her stretch, she could barely bend over, lol.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:47   Link #168
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Was Nanoha ever good at PE class? What was up with the supplement manga where Nanoha was lacking skills in volleyball, or when Fate was helping her stretch, she could barely bend over, lol.
I thought there was a bunch of chapters dedicated to how they were getting strangely better. Fate especially would accidently use magic when playing at first.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:53   Link #169
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Well, you're right about the mathematics. Although wasn't this stuff only in the manga?

As for the sports...I don't know. They actually retconned Nanohas out of shape-ness in the movie with the stick fighting. Unless they were using magic there.

As for Fate, she's always been athletic. All that training she did with Linith

Old 2013-03-26, 17:57   Link #170
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Wep then! I totally misremembered.

Isn't that when Fate uses magic to boost the volleyball too?
Old 2013-03-26, 18:03   Link #171
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

It is, though I don't see where it says she used magic. I guess it only makes sense considering she jumped like 50 feet, lol. Though that doesn't explain how Suzuka returned it.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:08   Link #172
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuronaFanboy View Post
In all fairness, teleportation doesn't work in most hotspots because of wards/barriers
You NEVER teleport INTO a hotspot. You teleport just outside of it, so that you're far less likely to find yourself surrounded by enemies.

Teleporting to a point just outside of an AMF-zone would still be many times faster than a helicopter. Once there, it would be a really short flight to reach and engage hostiles.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 18:08   Link #173
Kaijo
Banned

Naw, she just leapt high to return a ball, aiming for Suzuka.... who promptly returned it rapidly and with power to knock Fate out, heh. But there was no magic involved, really. Just the knowledge that math and magic circles were pretty much the same thing, and that's why Fate and Nanoha were good at math.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:11   Link #174
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Naw, she just leapt high to return a ball, aiming for Suzuka.... who promptly returned it rapidly and with power to knock Fate out, heh. But there was no magic involved, really. Just the knowledge that math and magic circles were pretty much the same thing, and that's why Fate and Nanoha were good at math.
I have a hard time believing they can jump that high without at least -some- body-enhancing magic, but then again these are little girls who can drop from orbit without passing out. :|a

Though the ball itself probably wasn't boosted since it was returned.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:19   Link #175
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuronaFanboy View Post
I have a hard time believing they can jump that high without at least -some- body-enhancing magic, but then again these are little girls who can drop from orbit without passing out. :|a

Though the ball itself probably wasn't boosted since it was returned.
Right before she jumped, Fate worked it out in her mind and thought, "Angle, wind speed, and gravity... I can pull it off with a normal jump!"
Old 2013-03-26, 18:21   Link #176
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Right before she jumped, Fate worked it out in her mind and thought, "Angle, wind speed, and gravity... I can pull it off with a normal jump!"
The authors clearly don't know how normal little girl jumps work. D:
Old 2013-03-26, 18:24   Link #177
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Fate's a clone with a genetically enhanced body, of course.

Old 2013-03-26, 18:27   Link #178
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That, pretty much. Jumps that are normal for her may not be normal for anyone else.

For all the good it did her against Suzuka.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:57   Link #179
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That, pretty much. Jumps that are normal for her may not be normal for anyone else.

For all the good it did her against Suzuka.
Suzuka's not normal....
Old 2013-03-26, 18:58   Link #180
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Comes with being a vampire-like person that can one-shot demons.