AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-17, 09:08   Link #1841
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
okay did not expect Dian to be as uber as cute as she was. Her blushing was over the top i was like Daaaammmmnn. So the pilots of Glacies are called Winged Maidens i thought it would be something like that or Valkyries was going to be other guess. However i still saw no males to speak off anywhere do these people reproduce A sexually? I was surprised there honestly is nothing but a winter wasteland in Glacies. Why am i not surprised they managed to work hotsprings into this episode full of only females lol.

Fam does not know the meaning of "Personally Space" i mean she basically tackled Dian lol. However Dian obviously didnt mind i mean she blushing the whole time. It interesting to see the how differently Fam and Dyan see the sky. Dian sees it as a battlefield only and she flies to protect her country. The smile on her face when road in the vespa and felt the wind for the first time showed that she can enjoy flying without the war aspect. Im also glad they didnt make it so Fam and the rest could magically understand Glaciean but Millia could. Obviously, being a princess she would have studies several languages for political reasons. I really enjoyed watching her having to translate back in forth it really made it seem they were in foreign country. Also, how each countries ideology is different Glacies for the last 10 years has adopted the do not trust outsiders policy and that isolationism is the safer policy. After the events of the past Grand Race its not hard to see why. However, this episode also bought all the girls who were there together for the first time.

Well Glacies is getting ready to get hit hard and im not sure even their Rocket Ships can stand up to the pure numbers Ades has on the way, Ades will push through on numbers alone but i get the feeling the advanced unit (decoy) unit is suppose to be the sacrificial pawns. I am pretty sure though that the decoy unit is going to take heavy losses from the previews it looks like a fierce fight is going to erupt. My prediction is that Glacies will fall and what remains of the Wing Maidens will up eventually joining Anatoray's anti Ades fleet. However it seems some of the Guild members did make it aboard the Urbanus. But it didnt look like it crashed and from what Dio said it looks they were in Anatoray. Dio took Alvis and fled but to where? Anatoray seems to the last bastion of hope for any king of alliance to gather. If Anatoray falls the war will be lost as there will no place to mount and an attack from. However Sophia would never let Anatoray fall without a bitter fight so i think what we saw was an isolated incident. Dio also showed that since he is Maestro taking him down will not be so easy. He killed 4 of them with one hand while holding Alvis lol. But i also think we forget that its not only Anatoray who's leading this charge we also still have Disith as well. From memory i remember someone stating Anatoray-Disith coalition. So Anatoray may not be standing alone but they may become the last hope. If the Ades thought they had seen tough fighting before wait till they take on Anatoray in a head on battle. Ades has no means to counter several Urbanus Class ships as once and with the Silvius being small and agile it can easily get in close and wreck havoc in enemy lines they have done it before.

Right now nothing is going right for our hero's they are on the run out gunned and split up. We still dont know what happen to the Silvius and we still dont know the condition of the Urbanus crew and the condition of the sky pirates base after that brutal attack.

Great episode and it was a nice set up for whats to come i think Fam just added another girl to her harem and its also obvious at this point that they will all end up fighting together.

last thought Gisey looked so cute in this episode she is still my favorite but Dian is following pretty closely.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2012-01-17 at 09:24.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 14:10   Link #1842
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
okay did not expect Dian to be as uber as cute as she was. Her blushing was over the top i was like Daaaammmmnn. So the pilots of Glacies are called Winged Maidens i thought it would be something like that or Valkyries was going to be other guess. However i still saw no males to speak off anywhere do these people reproduce A sexually? I was surprised there honestly is nothing but a winter wasteland in Glacies. Why am i not surprised they managed to work hotsprings into this episode full of only females lol.

Fam does not know the meaning of "Personally Space" i mean she basically tackled Dian lol. However Dian obviously didnt mind i mean she blushing the whole time. It interesting to see the how differently Fam and Dyan see the sky. Dian sees it as a battlefield only and she flies to protect her country. The smile on her face when road in the vespa and felt the wind for the first time showed that she can enjoy flying without the war aspect. Im also glad they didnt make it so Fam and the rest could magically understand Glaciean but Millia could. Obviously, being a princess she would have studies several languages for political reasons. I really enjoyed watching her having to translate back in forth it really made it seem they were in foreign country. Also, how each countries ideology is different Glacies for the last 10 years has adopted the do not trust outsiders policy and that isolationism is the safer policy. After the events of the past Grand Race its not hard to see why. However, this episode also bought all the girls who were there together for the first time.

Well Glacies is getting ready to get hit hard and im not sure even their Rocket Ships can stand up to the pure numbers Ades has on the way, Ades will push through on numbers alone but i get the feeling the advanced unit (decoy) unit is suppose to be the sacrificial pawns. I am pretty sure though that the decoy unit is going to take heavy losses from the previews it looks like a fierce fight is going to erupt. My prediction is that Glacies will fall and what remains of the Wing Maidens will up eventually joining Anatoray's anti Ades fleet. However it seems some of the Guild members did make it aboard the Urbanus. But it didnt look like it crashed and from what Dio said it looks they were in Anatoray. Dio took Alvis and fled but to where? Anatoray seems to the last bastion of hope for any king of alliance to gather. If Anatoray falls the war will be lost as there will no place to mount and an attack from. However Sophia would never let Anatoray fall without a bitter fight so i think what we saw was an isolated incident. Dio also showed that since he is Maestro taking him down will not be so easy. He killed 4 of them with one hand while holding Alvis lol. But i also think we forget that its not only Anatoray who's leading this charge we also still have Disith as well. From memory i remember someone stating Anatoray-Disith coalition. So Anatoray may not be standing alone but they may become the last hope. If the Ades thought they had seen tough fighting before wait till they take on Anatoray in a head on battle. Ades has no means to counter several Urbanus Class ships as once and with the Silvius being small and agile it can easily get in close and wreck havoc in enemy lines they have done it before.

Right now nothing is going right for our hero's they are on the run out gunned and split up. We still dont know what happen to the Silvius and we still dont know the condition of the Urbanus crew and the condition of the sky pirates base after that brutal attack.

Great episode and it was a nice set up for whats to come i think Fam just added another girl to her harem and its also obvious at this point that they will all end up fighting together.

last thought Gisey looked so cute in this episode she is still my favorite but Dian is following pretty closely.
It's pretty obvious that there are no males in Glacies, but I heard that they have the technology to re-produce a-sexually or something. Regardless, they still have the best women on Earth.

Fam always finds a way to make everything look positive, and it's pretty obvious that the girl has no manners for the most part.

Glacies is probably going to lose part of their territory and a great number of their fighters. If that's the case, then Anatorary is the last hope for taking out the Ades. Dio and Alvis might had fled to Exile since it's being use to go back and forth between Earth and their Prester. Anatoray-Disith is going to need all the ships they can to launch an assault on the Ades. Since their tactics are the most advance than any other nation, I'm guessing that they are going to use Disith ships to attack from above while Anatoray's main fleet attacks directly up front while the Silvius charges through the main field. If they bring the Silvanna to Earth, why not pair up with Silvius and charge through the front lines to destroy anything in their path? Let's not forget that Anatoray could use a multitude of vansihps again and take out as many Ades ships as possible. Since they manauver differently than Glacies airships, they can easily evade Ades experimental weapons that were use in episode against the pirates. The Ades are going to get crushed unless they use another Exile as a weapon to take out most of Anatoray's main force. I feel that Lukia is not done using Exiles as weapons.

I would be sweet if Anatoray got their hands if any remaining Guild warships. Their colossal size and firepower can down several ships at once. Their heavy armor makes them virtually indestructible and they can only be taken down by a powerful critical hit on their claudia units or an attack from the inside.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 16:45   Link #1843
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post

Glacies is probably going to lose part of their territory and a great number of their fighters. If that's the case, then Anatorary is the last hope for taking out the Ades. Dio and Alvis might had fled to Exile since it's being use to go back and forth between Earth and their Prester. Anatoray-Disith is going to need all the ships they can to launch an assault on the Ades. Since their tactics are the most advance than any other nation, I'm guessing that they are going to use Disith ships to attack from above while Anatoray's main fleet attacks directly up front while the Silvius charges through the main field. If they bring the Silvanna to Earth, why not pair up with Silvius and charge through the front lines to destroy anything in their path? Let's not forget that Anatoray could use a multitude of vansihps again and take out as many Ades ships as possible. Since they manauver differently than Glacies airships, they can easily evade Ades experimental weapons that were use in episode against the pirates. The Ades are going to get crushed unless they use another Exile as a weapon to take out most of Anatoray's main force. I feel that Lukia is not done using Exiles as weapons.
Some of the points you mentioned is why i said if Anatoray-Disith were able to get their full forces on Earth they would give Ades a run for its money. IMO Ades relies too heavily on numbers and not enough tactics and diversifying their arsenal. Their tactics seems to be annex a country the make their forces fight Ades therefore increasing their numbers. But every strategist knows that numbers dont win a war. Look at the previous Last Exile the guild not only had superior numbers but superior fire power and they still loss because of a well executed plan and tactics.

Lets face it Ades has not fought a real enemy yet except for the Silivus and they honestly they did not win that battle. If Ades were to face the battle hardened forces of Anatory-Disth who have learned numerous tactics from fighting the guild they would have one hell of fight on their hands. Also, with the exception of Tatiana and Vincent none of the experienced ship commanders have been present like Mad-Thane. Ades is simply running over the other countries because they have not faced a real enemy. Now incorporate Glacies rocket fighters the maneuverability of the Vanship squadrons and the power and speed of the Silivus and the Silvana plus the ranged cannons and armored ships of Anatoray then add in the fact the Disith ships are maneuverable can climb to higher altitudes and their cannons can fire downward into multiple ships. Im being very loose in my tactics here but you can see where im going. They are numerous scenarios where Ades would be hard pressed to win a fight in these conditions. Their ships are pretty heavily armored but small vanships could destroy their Claudia reactors sending their ships plunging to the ground.

Anyways just speculation but the worse nightmare for me would be a squadron of small fighters heavily trained and very fast wrecking havok in my lines and not being able to target them.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2012-01-18 at 13:49.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 17:28   Link #1844
Vena
Carpe Diem

As much as I appreciate many of the characters in this show, I still cannot come to feel comfortable with Fam. She feels wholly out of place in the cast, in the plot, and in the atmosphere of everything else that is going on. Its an utterly jarring difference when compared to the much more realistic lead characters of the first season or even other characters of this season, Fam does not feel real. She's frighteningly too happy, completely oblivious to reality, and the show has never at all established her skills/abilities/personality as much more than a plot device. What's worse is that the cast is so completely lopsided in its cast and focus where you have a visceral and brutal war that at times (many times) seemingly playing backdrop to Fam's ability to "headbutt" other girls (not people in general, just girls) into submission. Last episode, I felt, picked up steam to tell us more of the story, this episode continued that scene through Dio and Al... and then completely changed direction with more of Fam's (still) seemingly trivial involvement in the plot. If she wasn't carting around princesses, keys to exile, and somehow stealing ships from possessors of galactic scale idiot balls, you could just remove her from the plot and make Dio or Milia the "main" character.

I strongly felt that Last Exile never had a main character which allowed its plot to be branching and dynamic as it could focus on: Claus, Lavie, and Al, Alex, Sophia, Tatianna and Alvis, Dio and Luciola, Maestro Delphine, and the war between Disith and Anatoray. All of these were subplots that tied into the larger narrative of the story, and while some characters were "main" characters by definition they did not overshadow or undermine the focus on the rest of the cast. Now, in this show, I feel that even by just the "Fam of the Silver Wind" in the title, the show expects us to identify Fam as the main character and make her the most important thing... even if everyone but her is much more interesting as a character. And this is really detracting from the narrative of the story because it and its (the story's real driving forces) main players are being overshadowed by Fam's... harem.
Old 2012-01-17, 17:34   Link #1845
TheKage

I foresee some of these tactics... Silvius/Urbanus/possible Silvana taking the upfront almost vanguard approach directly in line with Ades Ships. Disith battleships would be from above and Anatoray's regular battleships from above. Anatoray's Claimh Solais class battleships, which last I heard were still the large bulk of their battleships, have most of the artillery topside since they expect to fight Disith ships. I feel like this puts them in a slight disadvantage from the new weapons that were shown in episode 8.

Gotta say, Dyan moved herself into one of my favorite characters this season. I was worried she'd be too much like Tatiana was in the beginning of Last Exile but she's not.

Anyone else think that the next two episode titles refer to Ades and Luscinia? Bad Move and than Smothered Mate? Of course knowing anime they could also just refer to Glacies and a main contigent in the fights..

Edit: I didn't realize that the character correlation chart has been getting updated xD;

Last edited by TheKage; 2012-01-17 at 17:42. Reason: More thoughts
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 18:50   Link #1846
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Yeah, Ades depth charges will be useless against Disith ships since they will become unreachable, and since both Anatoray and Disith ships are design to reach high altitudes (to reach the grand stream) Ades ships that uses depth charges need to reach a much higher altitude. That will not work in favor for the Ades very well, and as far as I can tell their main ships can barely reach right above the clouds in which Anatoray and Disith can reach altitudes way beyond that. Hell even Turan ships can reach higher altitudes than the Ades ships can. Just look at episode 2. Ades ships are way too heavy, just look at the Impetenous that ship has multiple claudia units and is still slow and clunky.

Another great advantage that both Anatoray and Disith ships have is that they can handle some of the worst weather out there especially Disith ships. If they use that to their advantage, the Ades are in for the worst.

BTW do the main Ades fleets uses sonar for detection? I don't think I ever seen them. That will not look good for the Ades.

Also Anatoray sided with the sky pirates and if there are any good remaining ones they can help out deceit the Ades.
Old 2012-01-17, 20:58   Link #1847
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
As much as I appreciate many of the characters in this show, I still cannot come to feel comfortable with Fam. She feels wholly out of place in the cast, in the plot, and in the atmosphere of everything else that is going on. Its an utterly jarring difference when compared to the much more realistic lead characters of the first season or even other characters of this season, Fam does not feel real. She's frighteningly too happy, completely oblivious to reality, and the show has never at all established her skills/abilities/personality as much more than a plot device. What's worse is that the cast is so completely lopsided in its cast and focus where you have a visceral and brutal war that at times (many times) seemingly playing backdrop to Fam's ability to "headbutt" other girls (not people in general, just girls) into submission. Last episode, I felt, picked up steam to tell us more of the story, this episode continued that scene through Dio and Al... and then completely changed direction with more of Fam's (still) seemingly trivial involvement in the plot. If she wasn't carting around princesses, keys to exile, and somehow stealing ships from possessors of galactic scale idiot balls, you could just remove her from the plot and make Dio or Milia the "main" character.

I strongly felt that Last Exile never had a main character which allowed its plot to be branching and dynamic as it could focus on: Claus, Lavie, and Al, Alex, Sophia, Tatianna and Alvis, Dio and Luciola, Maestro Delphine, and the war between Disith and Anatoray. All of these were subplots that tied into the larger narrative of the story, and while some characters were "main" characters by definition they did not overshadow or undermine the focus on the rest of the cast. Now, in this show, I feel that even by just the "Fam of the Silver Wind" in the title, the show expects us to identify Fam as the main character and make her the most important thing... even if everyone but her is much more interesting as a character. And this is really detracting from the narrative of the story because it and its (the story's real driving forces) main players are being overshadowed by Fam's... harem.
Well said! I completely agree with this.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 21:39   Link #1848
FateAnomaly

Maybe its because their superior numbers is so prominent but it doesn't mean Ades are lacking in tactics and assorted armaments. They have competent admirals its just that the "heroes" manage to escape by some means or another. They also developed different weapons. Anatoray and Disith may be able to fly higher but don't forget Ades has those cannons that can shoot at a target at a higher altitude. Also sacrificing those provincial army is in itself a strategy to weaken both Glacies and those provinces to ensure they cannot go against them.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 22:51   Link #1849
azarhal

Quote:
BTW do the main Ades fleets uses sonar for detection? I don't think I ever seen them. That will not look good for the Ades.
From the early episodes it seems that Ades have no sonar (human or otherwise) at all. That's how the Sky Pirate faked the Lassa destruction, the Ades fleet have only "eyes".
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 00:59   Link #1850
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

One thing I just got to thinking about re watching the latest episode on Funimation.
Spoiler for Episode 12 question:
Old 2012-01-18, 01:27   Link #1851
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Stevie Nix: I don't think so. Even in the angles where she's in profile (lots if it in this episode), Dian doesn't display the amount of elfishness that Milia has. Heck, it's even more obvious in the parts where the two are seated close to each other.

As for matching up the Ades fleet with the ships from Anatoray and Disith... I'd say that, if anything, the United Kingdom's at a disadvantage. Their only trump card at this point is their use of vanships, but aside from that they really look flimsily-armored compared to the behemoths that Ades is fielding.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-01-18 at 09:18.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 14:06   Link #1852
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Stevie Nix: I don't think so. Even in the angles where she's in profile (lots if it in this episode), Dian doesn't display the amount of elfishness that Milia has. Heck, it's even more obvious in the parts where the two are seated close to each other.

As for matching up the Ades fleet with the ships from Anatoray and Disith... I'd say that, if anything, the United Kingdom's at a disadvantage. Their only trump card at this point is their use of vanships, but aside from that they really look flimsily-armored compared to the behemoths that Ades is fielding.
True as I stated the Ades is fleet is heavily armored but they are also slow and vulnerable to waves of Vanships tear their armor to shreds. Its like you trying to swat down a bunch flies.

Also, we dont know if Anatoray and Disith have developed new weapons. But its obvious that their tactics have shifted. Their tactics now seem to be focused on an aircraft carrier tactics. Also, Anatoray might have outfitted some of the their other ships with the armor piercing projectile cannons the Silvana had which was proven to be more than deadly. Plus i dont think Ades has ever faced ships like the Urbanus Class ships before. That saw on the wings can slice right through armor and the nose of the ship is meant to pierce the haul. Anatoray has more than one Urbanus class ship and we still dont know if Disith has upgraded their fleet as well. Not to mention the potential guild technology they could have inherited after Delphine's defeat.

Ades does have competent commanders and like I stated pretty much stomp on opposition because they have not had a real challenge. I would put any of their commanders against Vincent or Mad-Thane in a heartbeat. In the end and the final big battle i dont think winner will be determined by numbers.

Im itching for a large scale air battle the first battle in the Last Exile hooked me instantly so far nothing like that has drawn me into this one.
Old 2012-01-18, 15:04   Link #1853
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm only 6 minutes into episode 12 and there's massive quality control issues already. They can't seem to get Fam or Millia's face right for the most part and Millia seems to be towring over Giselle and her in turn over Fam in one scene in the barn. Last I check the height disparity between the 3 wasn't this great at all. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come and just the usual mid series massive art quality drop for Gonzo.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 17:02   Link #1854
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
True as I stated the Ades is fleet is heavily armored but they are also slow and vulnerable to waves of Vanships tear their armor to shreds. Its like you trying to swat down a bunch flies.

Also, we dont know if Anatoray and Disith have developed new weapons. But its obvious that their tactics have shifted. Their tactics now seem to be focused on an aircraft carrier tactics. Also, Anatoray might have outfitted some of the their other ships with the armor piercing projectile cannons the Silvana had which was proven to be more than deadly. Plus i dont think Ades has ever faced ships like the Urbanus Class ships before. That saw on the wings can slice right through armor and the nose of the ship is meant to pierce the haul. Anatoray has more than one Urbanus class ship and we still dont know if Disith has upgraded their fleet as well. Not to mention the potential guild technology they could have inherited after Delphine's defeat.

Ades does have competent commanders and like I stated pretty much stomp on opposition because they have not had a real challenge. I would put any of their commanders against Vincent or Mad-Thane in a heartbeat. In the end and the final big battle i dont think winner will be determined by numbers.

Im itching for a large scale air battle the first battle in the Last Exile hooked me instantly so far nothing like that has drawn me into this one.
We don't know if Anatoray has more than one Urbanus-class ships right now. In the original series, four of them were destroyed by the Silvanna and the remaining one was destroyed by Exile's tentacles along with the Urbanus.

Currently the Ubanus is out commission for a while so it's not battle ready yet.

I also think that Ades never faced Urbanus class ships before. Those ships can fit on most situations. Long range combat, the Urbanus can use its torpedos, and its cannons for mid-range attack. In close combat, that's where the chain saws come in.

There is also the musket squad for Anatoray and Disith. What role will they play this time? Their service is no longer needed and that leaves a lot of spare men at their disposal, and since they are not needed to crew the ship (cannon operators, sonar detection, engineers, etc) they can always be re-train and re-assign.
Old 2012-01-18, 18:13   Link #1855
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:

There is also the musket squad for Anatoray and Disith. What role will they play this time? Their service is no longer needed and that leaves a lot of spare men at their disposal, and since they are not needed to crew the ship (cannon operators, sonar detection, engineers, etc) they can always be re-train and re-assign.
I like this idea and heres why.

True with evolution of battle tactics a new role would have to be found for the Musketeers for both sides. Given that these men are already trained in arms those muskets could be swapped out for the small SMG guns we have seen crew use on the Silvana and the Silivus. If it were me i would retrain the Musket squad in the use small arms and hand to hand combat in close quarters, with the intention of making them boarders. Its kind of like the old days when pirates would fire on vessel forcing them to slow down and then board them and take over the ship.

Its already been proven in the first series this i can be done when the Anatoray and Disith soldiers were used to take out the Guild Claudia watchers so they couldn't detach them from the ships. This kind of tactic would could prove to very useful and i dont think its a tactic that Ades would dream of happening. Imagine what kind of Chaos small elite units could cause once they boarded a ship.

The only thing i cant think of really is how to the teams to infiltrate the Ades ships safely and also get them off the ship if they cant take the bridge. Guild members are different they are agile and super human its easy for 3 or 4 to get on a ship but it would be quite different for normal humans.
Old 2012-01-18, 18:51   Link #1856
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Quote:
I like this idea and heres why.

True with evolution of battle tactics a new role would have to be found for the Musketeers for both sides. Given that these men are already trained in arms those muskets could be swapped out for the small SMG guns we have seen crew use on the Silvana and the Silivus. If it were me i would retrain the Musket squad in the use small arms and hand to hand combat in close quarters, with the intention of making them boarders. Its kind of like the old days when pirates would fire on vessel forcing them to slow down and then board them and take over the ship.

Its already been proven in the first series this i can be done when the Anatoray and Disith soldiers were used to take out the Guild Claudia watchers so they couldn't detach them from the ships. This kind of tactic would could prove to very useful and i dont think its a tactic that Ades would dream of happening. Imagine what kind of Chaos small elite units could cause once they boarded a ship.

The only thing i cant think of really is how to the teams to infiltrate the Ades ships safely and also get them off the ship if they cant take the bridge. Guild members are different they are agile and super human its easy for 3 or 4 to get on a ship but it would be quite different for normal humans.
If they were to be use for that, then they will need the special training require to board Ades ships and be able to successfully take over their ships. However, the Ades do have their own infantry to fend off any intruders so it will be tough to execute a boarding attack. If it were up to me, I rather have them be use to sabotage and take out their claudia units instead of taking over the bridge which requires more effort to reach there.
Old 2012-01-18, 21:33   Link #1857
FateAnomaly

I don't think they will use the old musketeers like that. Most of them probably already died anyway.
Old 2012-01-18, 21:37   Link #1858
Graveyard Duck
Bag Giver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Stevie Nix: I don't think so. Even in the angles where she's in profile (lots if it in this episode),
Spoiler for episode 12:
Heck, it's even more obvious in the parts where the two are seated close to each other.
For the sake of comparison:
Spoiler for Dyan Profile:

Spoiler for Dyan and Millia:

Spoiler for Dio:

It looks to me like Stevie Nix's speculation is plausible.
Graveyard Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 21:46   Link #1859
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The thing is even now I don't think Anatoray-Disith can actually afford to throw away men, especially in boarding actions that have a low chance of recovery. So all those musket-soldiers will either be kept on-ship as anti-boarding deterrent, or given other duties to perform. I'm expecting that some military restructuring had already occured in the two years since the Prester returnees arrived, especially after the unification of the two countries.

Anyway, everything is really speculation at this point. Personally I'd be tickled if, when Anatoray finally shows up with its fleet, that it's moved away from the big-ship system to a more familiar carrier+ escort system, but knowing GONZO we're probably going to see the old Anatoray and Disith ships, for nostalgia sake.
Old 2012-01-18, 21:55   Link #1860
FateAnomaly

If Ades do board, no number of musketeers will help since the only times Ades boarded with are with guild soldiers.

I think Anatoray and Disith will probably only come as the cavalry aka in the nick of time as Glacies is about to lose.

Tags
adventure, science fiction