AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 11 19.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-27, 02:19   Link #81
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

@Totoum: got a link to the interview? For some reason I'm always curious as to what the working relationship between Okada and Yamakan was like, given that, you know, Jiromaru totally looks like Yamakan.

Anyway, I'm not sure either creator can really claim the high ground. Mari Okada did series composition for a Kodomo no Jikan adaptation, Yamakan storyboarded an episode of Chu-bra. Although at least Okada can claim KnJ was before she became a big name.
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
How many of those are adaptations (where Okada is simply handling adaptation work) and how many of those are anime originals (where Okada is basically writing a story of her own creation, and not merely helping to adapt another author's story for the anime medium)? I think that Okada's work on anime originals is much more telling here, as these are her creations, story-wise.
I've heard Canaan described as both an anime original and as an adaptation of a side story from the visual novel 428 written by Type-Moon's Nasu Kinoko. My guess is that it perhaps expands upon the original scenario - no idea if the characters who provide most of the service (Hako and the trigger happy yandere girl come to mind) are in the original or not

For reference, Canaan has the same Ando-Okada director/writer combo as Hanasaku Iroha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
By the way, Jiromaru's character is a big part of the reason why I question the frequent use of fanservice in this anime. Simply put, if this anime had less fanservice, we'd probably have less Jiromaru too. The two often go hand-in-hand in this anime.
On the plus side, the picture of him used to promote Hana-saku Iroha body pillows is utterly hilarious:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10158866a2/20/2

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2011-08-27, 17:49   Link #82
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
@Totoum: got a link to the interview? For some reason I'm always curious as to what the working relationship between Okada and Yamakan was like, given that, you know, Jiromaru totally looks like Yamakan
Here's the full thing: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2011-06-10

And the parts tha concern Okada:

Spoiler for space:

I have to say,Yakman says stuff like "As Asanuma-kun mentioned, the show contains many lines, which I squeezed out of my flesh and blood." which sounds kinda like something Jiromaru would say but in all honesty I think the chara designs were done before fractale started airing.
Old 2011-08-28, 07:20   Link #83
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
On the plus side, the picture of him used to promote Hana-saku Iroha body pillows is utterly hilarious:
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10158866a2/20/2
I have to admit, that is very funny.

Well, at least Jiromaru has stuck to being comedic relief in recent episodes of HSI. They haven't tried to turn him into a more serious character, a la Enishi and Takako.
Old 2011-08-28, 13:48   Link #84
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Exactly. Having the occasional shot of less-than-dressed females in a context where such attire actually makes sense is hardly the same as "relying on fanservice instead of good storytelling", which is far from the case here IMO. I mean, do you really think someone who is into anime for the fanservice will look to Hanasaku Iroha, of all shows, to get their fix? I think not. Speaking for myself; while I have found the storytelling a bit lacking lately, it certainly isn't fanservice that has had me coming back to this show every week.
I don't mind fanservice because its already a staple in anime shows. I actually love the way they executed fan service in this show. Its just that the clear lack of goal/villain/whatever is necessary to have a satisfying conclusion forced the writers to have their characters show more skin than necessary just to keep the viewers interested in this show.

I hope there will be more angry naked Minko in the next episodes...
Old 2011-09-12, 01:03   Link #85
Manabu

Most of those scenes I don't feel like fanservice, but natural parts of the slice of life. Besides going a little out of their way to hide any female nipples or vulvas, I find it a refreashing break from the way nudity it is normaly depicted in anime. The "fanservice" is not disproportional to the time that they do indeed spend naked. After all, they are at a hot spring, and the bath is really a place for thinking and social relations there.

I acidentally wached the first episode of Astarotte no Omocha while looking for hanasaku, and THAT is forced fanservice, and THAT is a show that relies in fanservice. Hanasaku Iroha is nothing like that in my view.

But I agree that the Jiromaru-san's scenes are out of place, and many times not funny enough. The anime would be better w/o him. No one would miss him.
Old 2013-06-10, 15:38   Link #86
Pengu

Once again a good episode overall but I reiterate what I said about Minko.
Why does she she have to treat everyone like garbage as soon as she has some kind of trouble with Tohru?
Closed Thread