AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-31, 17:16   Link #841
skullheart

They did a lot better job in this arc than in kako random. Starting to think it would have been a lot better if kako random was 4 eps instead of 3
skullheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 00:24   Link #842
fidelbuds10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
I'm satisfied:

Spoiler for Anime screenshot/Novel illus comparison:
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullheart View Post
They did a lot better job in this arc than in kako random. Starting to think it would have been a lot better if kako random was 4 eps instead of 3
Yeah you are right about that. They really did an excellent job on this arc compared to the last one.

Also some hints that they might still continue the series. (Just hoping but i don't want to expect it too much)
fidelbuds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 10:25   Link #843
s07195
However,

Quote:
I'm satisfied:

Spoiler for Anime screenshot/Novel illus comparison:
For an OVA, this looks pretty high quality.

...At least compared to Hyouka episode 11.5.
Old 2013-01-01, 11:42   Link #844
skullheart

It's not an OVA. It's a continuation of the 13 episodes by the studio did not have a time slot to fit the four episodes. The quality also had to be good enough to be show in a theatre.
Old 2013-01-01, 17:16   Link #845
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
So i wanted to read up on the light novels, thinking that they'd prolly be scanlated 3 months after my last check, and apparently, the translators skipped vol2.
Is there any info on why vol2 didn't get translated so far? Or is there a version available just not on BT? Or any info on whether or not someone/a group is working on it?
IIrc vol 5 is being translated atm
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 20:10   Link #846
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
So i wanted to read up on the light novels, thinking that they'd prolly be scanlated 3 months after my last check, and apparently, the translators skipped vol2.
Is there any info on why vol2 didn't get translated so far? Or is there a version available just not on BT? Or any info on whether or not someone/a group is working on it?
Did you even see the update? (December 30, 2012: Volume 2 Chapter 2 completed )
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 22:00   Link #847
Kaza

Hey guys!
I'm new here and I have some question, hope you can answer them( maybe Lantern? you seem to know a lot about KC ^^).

1. When will the translated version of volume 5 come out???

2. Are they also going to translate volume 6-9??

3. Can someone give a very short summarize for each volume (5-9) about the status of the relationship
between Taichi and Inaba? (something like volume 5: blablabla
volume 6: blablabla
etc...)

4. Will volume 10 be the last volume??

5. I heard that the main story is already finished. Is that true? And if yes, what will volume 10 deal with? short stories?

I hope someone can answer my questions, thanks a lot!!!!
Kaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 22:19   Link #848
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaza View Post
Hey guys!
I'm new here and I have some question, hope you can answer them( maybe Lantern? you seem to know a lot about KC ^^).

1. When will the translated version of volume 5 come out???

2. Are they also going to translate volume 6-9??

3. Can someone give a very short summarize for each volume (5-9) about the status of the relationship
between Taichi and Inaba? (something like volume 5: blablabla
volume 6: blablabla
etc...)

4. Will volume 10 be the last volume??

5. I heard that the main story is already finished. Is that true? And if yes, what will volume 10 deal with? short stories?

I hope someone can answer my questions, thanks a lot!!!!
Hello hello.
Sorry I been busy and slow.
Yes Kizu will be translated and I think pudding is back(?) for that since he updated chapter 2 a couple days ago.

And yes Vol.5 will be translated although only the main event short story aka Pentagon++ is planned atm (I don't plan on translating the other short stories as they have very minor significance to the main plot, until we catch up with the main story that is available in Chinese translation as we are all Chinese to English translators with a bit of Japanese to help.)

And yes the rest of the volumes will be translated. This is a long term project and I have no intention of dropping out.

However, I will reiterate, I can't make any promise on speed. Also, our progress is also directly capped by how far the Chinese translation has gotten.

No the main story isn't finished... yet. Volume 10 allegedly according to official sources will be the final volume covering the latter half of the final arc.

About that summary, you may find some between page 16-25 of this thread I think. We had quite a fair bit of discussion regarding relationship back there.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 22:50   Link #849
omegasereon

Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-01, 22:53   Link #850
skullheart

Spoiler for If you really want to know what happens after vol 4:
Old 2013-01-01, 23:13   Link #851
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Yume Random:
Old 2013-01-01, 23:20   Link #852
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Did you even see the update? (December 30, 2012: Volume 2 Chapter 2 completed )
i seriously thought it was 2014 now, so basically a whole year without updates on that front xd
dear me, i need some sleep
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 23:44   Link #853
omegasereon

Quote:
Spoiler for Yume Random:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-02, 08:20   Link #854
Kaneisvan137

Pudding is back?? that would be nice if it's true

<<Just joined here... but I've been watching this thread like a stalker

ah before I forgot... Thanks for the translation so far Lantern
Kaneisvan137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 18:29   Link #855
Kaza

Quote:
Hello hello.
Sorry I been busy and slow.
Yes Kizu will be translated and I think pudding is back(?) for that since he updated chapter 2 a couple days ago.

And yes Vol.5 will be translated although only the main event short story aka Pentagon++ is planned atm (I don't plan on translating the other short stories as they have very minor significance to the main plot, until we catch up with the main story that is available in Chinese translation as we are all Chinese to English translators with a bit of Japanese to help.)

And yes the rest of the volumes will be translated. This is a long term project and I have no intention of dropping out.

However, I will reiterate, I can't make any promise on speed. Also, our progress is also directly capped by how far the Chinese translation has gotten.

No the main story isn't finished... yet. Volume 10 allegedly according to official sources will be the final volume covering the latter half of the final arc.

About that summary, you may find some between page 16-25 of this thread I think. We had quite a fair bit of discussion regarding relationship back there.
wow, thanks for the answers!
and thank you very much for the translations of the LN, you made a very good job!!! just excellent!

last question: so it's safe to say that Taichi and Inaba are still together after volume 9?
Old 2013-01-02, 18:42   Link #856
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaza View Post
wow, thanks for the answers!
and thank you very much for the translations of the LN, you made a very good job!!! just excellent!

last question: so it's safe to say that Taichi and Inaba are still together after volume 9?
In my personal, subjective and biased opinion,

Both the Taichi/Iori and Taichi/Inaba pairing had potential signs of failing throughout the novel. Obviously, the Taichi/Iori relationship went back to zero after Michi arc, because both Taichi and Iori made all the wrong turns, pressing all the wrong buttons and missed their chances. Then Taichi continues on with Inaba. Those two had powerful bonds, but even those two had underlying, unstable element. And indeed, it came back to bite them in Yume arc. However, they made through that and got back together by the end of that arc with even stronger bonds.

Unless Anda can come up with some world-shattering event or mechanism that could render all those Taichi/Inaba flags made of titanium nil, I don't see how it's possible to break them up again in a logical context.

Last edited by Lantern; 2013-01-02 at 18:54.
Old 2013-01-02, 19:51   Link #857
Kaza

Quote:

Both the Taichi/Iori and Taichi/Inaba pairing had potential signs of failing throughout the novel. Obviously, the Taichi/Iori relationship went back to zero after Michi arc, because both Taichi and Iori made all the wrong turns, pressing all the wrong buttons and missed their chances. Then Taichi continues on with Inaba. Those two had powerful bonds, but even those two had underlying, unstable element. And indeed, it came back to bite them in Yume arc. However, they made through that and got back together by the end of that arc with even stronger bonds.

Unless Anda can come up with some world-shattering event or mechanism that could render all those Taichi/Inaba flags made of titanium nil, I don't see how it's possible to break them up again in a logical context.
Thanks, you really appease me with your answer : )
I hope they'll still be together in the end, because I really like Inaba.
She's one of the most unique and authentic Character in whole LN/Anime/Manga-verse imo.
Old 2013-01-02, 20:11   Link #858
skullheart

Quote:
so it's safe to say that Taichi and Inaba are still together after volume 9?
I think it's pretty safe to say that taichi and inaba are together after volume 9 too.
It's just that with what's happening in vol 9 they dont go on dates or anything like that, but inaba did make a bento for taichi in the beginning of the story.
Old 2013-01-02, 21:51   Link #859
Athena
The Power of One

It's truly a shame that there wouldn't be any development between Iori and Taichi... Personally, Iori's personality is much more "interesting" than Inaba's, Aoki's or Yui's.

It would be pretty dramatic if Iori somehow ends up in a relationship with Taichi, but that's fairly unlikely considering the length of time Taichi has been dating Inaba.

Also, after Volume 4, Iori seems to become her true self. And I don't think she would have enough interesting elements to develop further...
Old 2013-01-02, 23:55   Link #860
yu3

Quote:

Exactly what I'm thinking before I watch the anime.

But they did a great job their. It was so amazing and satisfying. Its okay for me if they didn't continue the anime, but I want them to published the novel in English so that everyone will know what happen to the story. And I really want a hard copy of it.

My final reaction after watching the whole arc.

Spoiler:

Last edited by yu3; 2013-01-03 at 02:48. Reason: want to add something.
yu3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen