AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-11-21, 11:12   Link #1061
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
i think its due to personal preferences because i think thats a lie!
innocent starter (S1 OP) completely pwns eternal blaze (A's OP)...while i agree with the ED (i thought S1 end was gay) i have a different opinion on the OPs...

why i think that S1 OP is better? well its because it feels that "innocent starter" is sung with more "feeling" than eternal blaze...
Indeed, innocent starter feels much more raw where eternal blaze is demure. Thats why I like innocent starter better, also, the OP scenes were more nicely done. I'll try to describe it exactly when I get the time.

Both EDs never appealed to me much.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 13:31   Link #1062
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Agreed on all points. OP 1 built up the show, OP 2 was just a segue into it. And the EDs were boring at best, annoying at worst.
Old 2006-11-21, 13:58   Link #1063
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

LOL, guess I must be the only one that liked all 4
Old 2006-11-21, 16:42   Link #1064
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No... I liked them all as well for different reasons since they're fairly different kinds of songs.
Old 2006-11-22, 00:37   Link #1065
Petco

I liked both the openings, but Innocent Starter better. I like the second season ED better than the first.
Petco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 01:49   Link #1066
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Man, I just noticed that the Book switches which direction it reads in some scenes. Now it's really bugging me...
Old 2006-12-14, 01:54   Link #1067
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Frankly, I like Eternal Blaze better, it's a much more action-oriented song, perfect for the theme of A's.

Although A's to the tune of Ignited absolutely rocked XD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 08:49   Link #1068
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

I would say that the opening song really match the scenes that appear during the opening for this anime. One of the best ...

The one of the best parts that I find is the beginning to the dashing thru the clouds.... Nice song Eternal Blaze. And the anime is good. Glad I got to watch this..
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 17:11   Link #1069
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I find each song portrays it's series well, as does their intro animations. But from preferance, A's intro anim and song is just more to my taste.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 23:17   Link #1070
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

As for that intro song, I can just keep on replaying the same track to hear it over and over again.... A nice song.
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 02:02   Link #1071
Lost

I find it distasteful how the Knights played unfair with Nanoha and Fate on the rooftop in episode 9; launching at our heroines without warning and catching them off-guard. I guess it does show how much they love and want Hayate to recover. Still, it's a disgrace to the guardians; indeed, they threw away their honour. Pity.

//edit

Woot On to the end of Nanoha A's!

Last edited by Lost; 2007-02-12 at 02:17.
Old 2007-02-12, 02:37   Link #1072
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Well, they already did that when they decided to actually collect for the Book of Darkness; However, it was clearly a case where honor was a hindrance to what needed to be done, as Signum herself said in episode 6, "Please forgive our dishonor". At least, they're trying to regain their honor by serving with the TSAB in future cases.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-02-12, 03:29   Link #1073
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

In many cases, love (and many other values) takes a much higher priority than mere honor (ack, this coming from a person who believes in the warrior spirit ).
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 14:05   Link #1074
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I find it distasteful how the Knights played unfair with Nanoha and Fate on the rooftop in episode 9; launching at our heroines without warning and catching them off-guard. I guess it does show how much they love and want Hayate to recover. Still, it's a disgrace to the guardians; indeed, they threw away their honour. Pity.

//edit

Woot On to the end of Nanoha A's!
I have no idea what you're talking about. They called them up there and squared off plain as day. It was Nanoha and Fate who persisted on talking when it was obvious their opponents were going to fight.

Plus Signum made it perfectly clear she didn't want to kill Fate (when she switched to her no defense/all speed armor) so she obviously never intended to hit her with that first strike while she was unarmored.
Old 2007-02-12, 18:56   Link #1075
Lost

^

Oh no, they were perfectly prepared to kill the both of them to prevent them from snitching on Hayate-chan. Signum only warned Fate that one-blow to her no-defense armor would do Fate in. Then she morphed into her own armor and prepared to go at Fate. Same with Vita, she came at Nanoha from the top, without warning, literally attempting to obliterate her in a fireball - she actually struck that fireball at Nanoha when Nanoha was lying against the metal-fence; injured from the initial suprise attack and relatively defenseless. Neither Nanoha nor Fate made a first move towards combat.

While its true that it was obvious that their opponents were going to fight, its not the same as the Knights using underhanded means to exploit every advantage they had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
Well, they already did that when they decided to actually collect for the Book of Darkness; However, it was clearly a case where honor was a hindrance to what needed to be done, as Signum herself said in episode 6, "Please forgive our dishonor". At least, they're trying to regain their honor by serving with the TSAB in future cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali
In many cases, love (and many other values) takes a much higher priority than mere honor (ack, this coming from a person who believes in the warrior spirit ).
LoweGear, that was a spoiler I didn't need to see. In anycase, I feel that they really didnt need to give up their honour in combat; out of desperation. It would show them to be much stronger if they had fought with honour.

That said, episode 9 is to me the prime example of what makes the Nanoha franchise so successful; even, what can be said to characterise it: its characters' displays of raw emotions. One could just feel the Knight's desperation in their tears; you could tell that they were at the end of their tether. And correspondingly, Nanoha's anger and just determination in response to Vita's attack was powerful. It's 8:15 am over here now. I'm gonna do a little marathon and finish up the rest of A's. (After I get some QC done.)

Last edited by Lost; 2007-02-12 at 19:23. Reason: me added stuff
Old 2007-02-12, 21:43   Link #1076
Alavaria

Quote:
That said, episode 9 is to me the prime example of what makes the Nanoha franchise so successful; even, what can be said to characterise it: its characters' displays of raw emotions. One could just feel the Knight's desperation in their tears; you could tell that they were at the end of their tether.
Indeed, as they saw it, if Nanoha or Fate got away, they would SURELY tell the TSAB and then they would all come and capture Hayate, who would surely die to the curse of the YnS. I mean, we know Vita said that in order to avoid staining Hayate's future with blood, she wouldn't kill anyone, but even that future is better than dying to the YnS ... especially if they made sure that she never knew. Seriously, their dedication to Hayate is almost scary - I don't know how many people would be like that ...

Hmm, yes, Hayate had a really strong effect on all her knights. It's good that they all made it through the YnS incident..

Last edited by Alavaria; 2007-02-12 at 22:10.
Alavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 22:23   Link #1077
Lost

Bravo Fate-chan, bravo for having the strength to face up and break out when you could have selfishly stayed within your most-cherished dream. It could have been justified, after all the pain you went throught; you might have deserved the reprive. Yet you fought and continue on. Bravo. *wipes his tears away* On with the last episodes.

Btw, I need the insert song that played near the end of episode 11. Could someone help me with the title?
Old 2007-02-12, 22:43   Link #1078
Alavaria

Quote:
Btw, I need the insert song that played near the end of episode 11. Could someone help me with the title?
It is called Snow Rain I believe (the one that plays as they break outta YnS). Has an intersting contrast with Nanoha opening up big time with Raising Heart too...

I think everyone is aware that staying in the YnS would be bad. I think you would die if they Arc-en-Ciel'ed it while you were inside ... Oh and Fate "breaking the whole world" effect was awesome. Yet another reason to be sad that Nanoha is so unlikely to be licensed
Quote:
you could have selfishly stayed within your most-cherished dream. It could have been justified, after all the pain you went throught; you might have deserved the reprive.
Though, whenever it comes down to such arguments, you just know that you shouldn't do it... oh well.

Last edited by Alavaria; 2007-02-12 at 22:58.
Alavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 22:44   Link #1079
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Snow Rain by Ueda Kana.

Old 2007-02-12, 23:00   Link #1080
Lost

Thank you, the both of you! How about the song in episode 12, the one with lyrics as they went thru their (limit?) breaks? Could it be the same song?

Boy, their combined attacks were a great delight to behold and hear.