AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-18, 14:54   Link #2841
willx
Nyaaan~~

I'll have to add though guys, if you think the LoL community is bad.. the Dota, Dota2 and HoN communities are more.. for lack of a better word, hateful..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 14:57   Link #2842
Kreceir

I never played Dota, Dota2 and HoN before so i can't really judge myself.
But most MOBA games community is just generally bad.
Old 2012-09-18, 16:36   Link #2843
Witch of Uncertainty

After the ratings announcement, I got my act together and gained 220 ELO the couple of last 4 days. I am now Gold ELO and ready to recieve Janna skin!

Good thing they put the bars lower, lol. Soloqueue is a scary place..
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 16:38   Link #2844
Kreceir

Congratulations Witch of Uncertainty
Wish i could play Ranked. I'm still too scared for that.
Old 2012-09-18, 16:46   Link #2845
Witch of Uncertainty

Thanks. ^^
And I don't blame you. People are goddamn assholes in ranked. One misstake and you are intentionelly feeding, and probably a terrorist.

And I'm learning so much about my mother's sex-life with the enemy team lol.
Old 2012-09-18, 17:41   Link #2846
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Thanks. ^^
And I don't blame you. People are goddamn assholes in ranked. One misstake and you are intentionelly feeding, and probably a terrorist.

And I'm learning so much about my mother's sex-life with the enemy team lol.
Yeah.. And no one in ranked has ever heard of psychological or unconventional tactics at all.. You either do X, Y, Z or your entire team screams hysterically and immediately gives up..

EDIT: Where do you all play? I'm on the N.A. servers and typically hang around in the "Penny Arcade" channel
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 19:44   Link #2847
Kreceir

I'm in the EU.W server.
I'm never in any channel I mostly play Normal draft
And VS a.i to try out champions i bought and never used before.

And i'm only 3 (4 if you count the new champion) away from having all the champions
Old 2012-09-18, 20:45   Link #2848
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
After the ratings announcement, I got my act together and gained 220 ELO the couple of last 4 days. I am now Gold ELO and ready to recieve Janna skin!

Good thing they put the bars lower, lol. Soloqueue is a scary place..
Grats indeed.

Honest question - how many different champs did you use in ranked? Wanting to know how deep a repetoire people need on ranked. Also, what is the rating to get the gold level on ranked?

More importantly...how the hell do you stop from lagging like hell on choice screen...there are too many choice screens I don't even get to pick and get stuck with a random due to freaking PvPnet dcs. And they happen only during choice screen.
Old 2012-09-19, 00:18   Link #2849
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Also, what is the rating to get the gold level on ranked?
It's 1450...I was lucky enough to get 1396 in about 8 games, unfortunately the rest didn't go as well.
Quote:
Gratz, how many games did you play to get that?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 00:50   Link #2850
orangejuicetang

Gold is 1500 for solo q, 1450 for ranked teams.

I usually like at least 3ish champs in each role.

Although it's also probably a good idea to also find that one champion you really like and get really good at him/her.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 01:10   Link #2851
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Do you have to be above that rating at the end of the season or would they accept your highest rating during the season?
Old 2012-09-19, 01:11   Link #2852
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Both team and solo seem to be 1450 this year.

Rating tiers for S2
Old 2012-09-19, 02:22   Link #2853
Witch of Uncertainty

I'm playing on the European Nordic East servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Grats indeed.

Honest question - how many different champs did you use in ranked? Wanting to know how deep a repetoire people need on ranked. Also, what is the rating to get the gold level on ranked?

More importantly...how the hell do you stop from lagging like hell on choice screen...there are too many choice screens I don't even get to pick and get stuck with a random due to freaking PvPnet dcs. And they happen only during choice screen.
I used:
Mid: Morgana, Lux, Orianna (Usually counterpicking the enemy)
Bot: Ashe, Sona, Leona, Blitzcrank
Top: Riven (Once - lost top)
Jungle: Shyvana

And I have no trouble with the champ select. :d¨

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Do you have to be above that rating at the end of the season or would they accept your highest rating during the season?
If you reach gold now, and drop down to 800 ELO afterwards, you will still go out this season as gold, as far as I understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Gratz, how many games did you play to get that?
Hmm. I think about 30-40 ranked matches.

Anyone here who visits lolking.net? A great site the check out your or others accounts' statistics etc: http://www.lolking.net/
Also, if you're playing draft; here's a great site for you to know what to pick: www.championselect.net

Last edited by Witch of Uncertainty; 2012-09-19 at 02:43.
Old 2012-09-19, 03:39   Link #2854
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Both team and solo seem to be 1450 this year.

Rating tiers for S2
Oh what the hell I have to do 50 points more than nordic/east to get gold on west?

EUW S2 ratings

...guess they really want more people on the EUNE server.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 03:55   Link #2855
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nooooes I'm on the server with the least skill!!! No clue how that works lol.
Old 2012-09-19, 06:27   Link #2856
Witch of Uncertainty

It's because of the population of the servers.
There are a lot less people on EU North/East than, for example NA, so if the requirements were the same, there could be like 5000 diamond ELO players, and 500 north east.
Old 2012-09-19, 07:45   Link #2857
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I don't think i'll make it to gold this season. I've either become too bad or too old or have extremely bad luck with my teams but having a losing streak of 5-6 games every week is just frustrating, dunno if I can endure this for long. Within a week I've lost 200+ elo.

It's almostl ike last season finale when I was at 1518 (1520 being gold) and then dropped for like 150 elo - It broke me so much I couldn't play lol for half a year or so.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 09:30   Link #2858
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Within a week I've lost 200+ elo.
Lost that in 2 days :P Eventually, the most frustrating defeats are the petty surrenders when your team still has a good chance of winning.
Old 2012-09-20, 02:06   Link #2859
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Kha'zix's kit:

Quote:
Unseen Threat (Passive): When Kha'Zix is not visible to the enemy team, he gains Unseen Threat, causing his next basic attack against an enemy champion to deal bonus magic damage and slow.

Taste Their Fear: Deal physical damage to a single target. Damage against isolated targets is significantly increased. Kha'Zix passively marks enemies that are isolated from nearby allies.
Evolving claws increases damage to isolated targets even further. Kha'Zix also gains increased range on both Taste Their Fear and his basic attack.

Void Spike: Kha'Zix fires spikes that explode on contact, dealing physical damage to all nearby enemies. Kha'Zix is healed if he is within the explosion radius.
Evolving spike racks causes Void Spike to fire three projectiles in a cone. Spikes will also apply Unseen Threat to all enemies caught within the area of effect.

Leap: Kha'Zix leaps to an area, dealing physical damage to enemies in the area he lands.
Evolving wings increases Leap's range dramatically and causes a kill or assists to refresh the cooldown of Leap.

Void Assault: Each rank of Void Assault allows Kha'Zix to evolve one of his active abilities, granting it an additional effect. Upon activation, Kha'Zix enters stealth and gains Unseen Threat, increasing Movement Speed. Kha’zix can cast Void Assault again for a short time after activation.
Evolving active camouflage allows Kha’Zix to cast Void Assault three times over the course of its duration and reduces any damage he sustains while in stealth.
Well, as much as I disliked Rengar, I think better about this champ than him. Time to save up IP again.
Old 2012-09-20, 02:10   Link #2860
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just finished my placement matches, went 7 and 3. Now 62 elo away, and I'm confident I'd get there by next week depending on my schedule (being sick put me behind in a lot of ways >_>).

Game 1 - Jungle Amumu
Team didn't lose their lane horribly. Won through Amumu ult and teamfighting.

Game 2 - Jungle Amumu
Lost this pretty bad due to team comp. Even when helping getting double kill at top, Ashe (yes TOP Ashe) couldn't do shit against Nidalee. Since I was so busy top, enemy jungle Xin camped bot and dragon was easy pickings for them. Realized by now that I need a champ that has good presence pre 6, as soloq even at 1300 needs them to be babysat most of the time. Thinking I'll go jungle Ali next time but...

Game 3 - Jungle Xin
Xin is sleeper OP in soloq I tell you. He's the next Alistair (which I wanted to play but got banned), but way more snowbally. Wasn't able to convert kill at top with my first gank, but set the enemy top and jungle far behind for me to snowball

Game 4 - Jungle Xin
Was snowballing bot lane until Graves DC. Put up a good fight, but was too far behind in farm when he reconnected

Game 5 - Jungle Xin
Wasn't even worth playing IMO. Cheese strat for the enemy with Twitch + Eve double stealth, but their lank of a frontline made them easy pickings even with Twitch being fed (our Ashe decided to always fight him in lane rather than farm ><)

Game 6 - Jungle Skarner
Wanted Xin, but enemy picked him. But I got good counter in Skarner, in that as long as I can survive early jungle phase I can make his life miserable by peeling him off my carries. Frozen Heart + permaslow made quick work of him

Game 7 - Jungle Xin
Enemy mid picked Zyra presumably because she has highest win ratio for AP mids. Since our mid was Viktor, I made sure to camp her lane. She finished something like 2/11, and dying at least half a dozen times to my ganks. Was a nonfactor, so I just stacked armor for the rest of their team

Game 8 - Support Taric
Our captain was stupid and first picked Malphite even though no one wanted him. Wouldn't give me jungle Malphite as he didn't want to play support, DESPITE needing advice on what to skills to max in what order. Lost us the game after getting caught in their jungle even when we told him to back off, because we were baiting baron. Frustrating to say the least, especially when we shut down the enemy Vayne liek 40cs to 130 by the 15 mins mark, but she finished 15/5.

Game 9 - Support Taric
Oh we were losing this so bad, as our mid got creamed and a jungle GP was outjungling our Mundo (go figure huh?). Lucky their ADC and mid DC, though they did reconnect and they were still ahead 7-2. I think internal squabble led their Sona to afk after losing a teamfight or something

Game 10 - Support Taric
Our Vlad so bad. Good thing we creamed bot, and our Ez carried us to victory.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol