AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 73 48.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 31.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.66%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.32%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-08, 00:27   Link #141
Justin Kim
*Artist

The After Story, REALLY implements the usage of "light" for the use of symbolization. The light usually represents a new found happiness, or a being in which the person is happy. You have to pay attention to how KEY reflects light, in Tomoyo's dark robotic world.
Old 2009-02-08, 00:55   Link #142
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I do agree that the transition was quick, and that I wish a little bit of time was put into a funeral or a transition or something. We never see how Akio and Sanae react, much less any of the other characters.

B
Yeah, it would have been nice to see the initial reaction of Nagisa's death from the other characters. Obviously CLANNAD's major focus is on how her death affects Tomoya, but she was important seem like he's responded, they probably get the message and gave up.t to a lot of other people as well. They would have been devastated by the news as well. I assume all that mail piling up on Tomoya's porch aren't just bills and ads; they're correspondence from friends wanting to know how he's holding up.
Old 2009-02-08, 00:59   Link #143
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
it's kind of sad to see tomoya like this though. i mean when he was going to school he didn't really care much, and only had 1 good friend, but when he met nagisa he changed...... but now....... he is just plain cold.

i mean we see that he can me kind but for the most part, he isn't. also he started drinking and smoking which isn't really a good thing to do.
Old 2009-02-08, 01:10   Link #144
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One thing Nagisa's parents have over Tomoya is that they've experianced her near death before...they are in some ways much more prepared than Tomoya. Every day she was alive for them was a blessing/miracle. They can probably accept this fate faster than most, despite this being the worst thing that can happen to a parent. Also they have Ushio to raise, and with their mentality, they seem fit for that (Sanae and Akio like children as seem by her tutoring and his playing baseball with the local kids)...it is almost a wonder why they didn't have a second child...aside that they probably couldn't afford it even before they gave up their regular jobs to open the bakery.

Everyone else was probably too far away, and not nearly as close to her as Tomoya, despite her being one of the things that brought them together. The only one that this might have effected more isn't around for comment.....Fuko.
Old 2009-02-08, 01:42   Link #145
CCLemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
One thing Nagisa's parents have over Tomoya is that they've experianced her near death before...they are in some ways much more prepared than Tomoya. Every day she was alive for them was a blessing/miracle. They can probably accept this fate faster than most, despite this being the worst thing that can happen to a parent. Also they have Ushio to raise, and with their mentality, they seem fit for that (Sanae and Akio like children as seem by her tutoring and his playing baseball with the local kids)...it is almost a wonder why they didn't have a second child...aside that they probably couldn't afford it even before they gave up their regular jobs to open the bakery.

Everyone else was probably too far away, and not nearly as close to her as Tomoya, despite her being one of the things that brought them together. The only one that this might have effected more isn't around for comment.....Fuko.
Remember, Nagisa's health was always fragile, and they most likely felt that they had wronged Nagisa by ignoring her. Thus they decided to lavish as much attention as possible, partly out of guilt and partly so they could keep close monitor on her health. If they had a second child, this would take attention away from Nagisa, something which Sanae and Akio tried to avoid.
Old 2009-02-08, 01:58   Link #146
GameMaster0000
Chaos Nightmare

Send a message via MSN to GameMaster0000
I notice that they totally forgot about Misae...

She not appear since EP5, I know that it's end her Arc but at least she should appear on Nagisa graduation and send some post card in EP16 like Tomoyo did...
Old 2009-02-08, 02:10   Link #147
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Does anyone find it amusing that the person to rate this episode 1/10 is named "Change of Pace"?
I think overdid it. -sigh-

I talked to 2 of my friends yesterday, both are first time viewers.
Kyo-ani is definitely not-so brilliant in dividing the material between eps this time.
Most first time viewer will simply view Ushio as a -sorry- moeblob.
Most will predict that Ushio will simply be adorable, and her dad would snap out of it.

IMO, eps 17 should really stop at halfway mark, and eps 18 (if I guessed right) should be 35+ minutes in length.

How this thing depressed me ...
All I can hope is for everyone to wait another episode before passing the judgment.

Old 2009-02-08, 02:34   Link #148
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
I notice that they totally forgot about Misae...

She not appear since EP5, I know that it's end her Arc but at least she should appear on Nagisa graduation and send some post card in EP16 like Tomoyo did...
Well she is the boys dorm mother...she didn't have all that much interaction with Nagisa in the first place.
Old 2009-02-08, 03:28   Link #149
SkoolRumble4Ya

It was great seeing Ushio or a mini Nagisa. Thank goodness the movie and the anime are different. I'm glad to see Tomoya at least caring a little for Ushio.
Old 2009-02-08, 05:26   Link #150
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post

Ah? And ppl start watching the series at ep 17... yeah right.
Old 2009-02-08, 08:57   Link #151
Sixth
Hu Tao

Kyou and Tomoyo didnt even visit Tomoya for once within 5 years?
Old 2009-02-08, 10:34   Link #152
Jimmy C

A thought, what year is it in Hikarizaka as of ep17?
Clannad starts in 2003, right? Then,
+2 years, Nagisa graduates.
+1 year, pregnant with Ushio, expires after delivery.
+5 years, present.
Total, 8 years. That makes this around 2011.
Old 2009-02-08, 11:29   Link #153
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Ah? And ppl start watching the series at ep 17... yeah right.
ROFL. I didn't watch after story yet, I just downloaded ep 17 to take a glimps of Ushio
Old 2009-02-08, 15:43   Link #154
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Did anyone else unnaturally enjoy the transition into the ending credits?
Old 2009-02-08, 16:12   Link #155
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundampilotspaz View Post
Did anyone else unnaturally enjoy the transition into the ending credits?
I did. For once, I actually didn't mind the ending this week, and the transition into it might have been part of the reason. I suppose the ending was actually MADE for this specific episode.

...Still doesn't change the fact that the usage of it last week was an utter disaster, though.
Old 2009-02-08, 19:37   Link #156
Gundampilotspaz

Send a message via AIM to Gundampilotspaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I did. For once, I actually didn't mind the ending this week, and the transition into it might have been part of the reason. I suppose the ending was actually MADE for this specific episode.

...Still doesn't change the fact that the usage of it last week was an utter disaster, though.
Yes, it doesn't excuse that instance.

It reminds me of Chobits, during the middle of the series there were a bunch of depressing episodes. They ended them by playing the ending theme early and having it merge right into the credits. It's an incredible effect.

There are a few other examples but Chobits is the one that had the greatest effect on me.
Old 2009-02-08, 20:34   Link #157
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Wow, Ushio looks alot more like Nagisa than I thought (compared to the movie). If I was in Tomoya's shoes (and were in his mind) just looking at Ushio would've probably made me really sad, and would'nt by able to even look at her. But I guess that is also why Tomoya didn't really interact with his daughter for 5 years now, not only from the shock/depression from the loss of Nagisa, but also due to the reminder of Nagisa Ushio brings about. But really, acting like a total stranger to your own daughter... Even though he has no idea of how to be a good dad, he can at least be a bit more nicer.

As for the episode itself, KyoAni really know's their stuff, or at least, what is good. I thought this whole episode would be about Emotomoya like most of us here, but that was only a fraction. And jeez, Sanae-san will die looking like she is right now, I tell you. That Akiko.... must have fed her something weird >.>

Last edited by Nochgo; 2009-02-08 at 21:21.
Old 2009-02-08, 20:56   Link #158
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Key MILFs (and now GILFs)...never get old.
(I want Nagisa as MILF..... Judging by her, um, drunken scene...she'd be perfect)

It must be either the running around she does with Akio, or else her cooking has youthful properties dispite its uneatible nature. Much like special Akiko's jam.

I get the impression that Sanae can cook just fine, and her regular bread is good...just she tries to experiment way too much for public safety. I also got this impression from Akiko since Nayuki seemed to love the other jams...just was (rightfully) afraid of the special jam.
Old 2009-02-08, 21:08   Link #159
Justin Kim
*Artist

Lol "glimpse of Ushio," she is adorablingly cute after all Your right, I probably would have done the same as you if I didn't watch most of the Clannad series. (My impatience probably would have gotten the best of me>.>, I always get that warm fuzzy feeling whenever I see Ushio, like I want to take responsibility and take care of others haha).
Old 2009-02-08, 22:25   Link #160
OmegaPhlare
The Romanticism

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
Most will predict that Ushio will simply be adorable, and her dad would snap out of it.
I was thinking about this quote today, and I must say if that kind of prediction is pretty horrible... because it's just way too simple. Now I hope that I'm not just setting myself up for disappointment, but that kind of story is just like a trash American family movie where the absent father takes the kids on vacation and then starts to bond with them, then realizes he doesn't want his b*tch ex-wife to take the kids with her to Chicago or whatever medium-large city she couldn't have any real reason to go to.

This is no place for speculation, but Tomoya will probably come close to losing Ushio, or Ushio will find a memento (message) left over from Nagisa, or Tomoya will see Nagisa in a spiritual vision. Hmmm... I loved that "Forget-About-Me" scene in Kanon. Whatever it is, it will definitely be more fulfilling than a "realization" on Tomoya's part.

Nagisa didn't save the entire planet with a prayer, but she is still my Aerith; ^_^ Dearly missed and further appearing only in visions, hallucinations, and near-death experiences.
Closed Thread