Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-05-19, 16:52   Link #141
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
Well, honestly I'm pretty excited about this movie (more than Eva Rebuild or Ragan-Hen if I have to say) but I haven't watched it yet so I can't add anything significant to this thread. My lacking knowledge of english doesn't help too.
I don't think you should be afraid to contribute just because it's not your first language. You seem to be able to communicate fine anyway.

Quote:
Btw, I did read that, while the mecha animation is good and the itano circus is impressive, the character animation is just average since Yoshida is not particularly involved in the project. Actually I was expecting him to be one of the core members of this new production but it doesn't seem so. Does anyone know why and also what he is currently doing now?
It's true that Yoshida is only involved with the character designs for the movie as well as some image boards to illustrate the prologue and epilogue of the movie. He is not the animation director this time, and he did not do any animation at all for the movie. On the other hand, he did work on animation for Lagann-hen, strangely enough. It's unclear as to why he's not heavily involved with the project, but if I had to guess, I would say that he feels the project is more of something Kyoda himself wants to do personally, and he might not have wanted to work within the constrains of mixing old footage and new footage together. Just a guess though.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 16:53   Link #142
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
Well, honestly I'm pretty excited about this movie (more than Eva Rebuild or Ragan-Hen if I have to say) but I haven't watched it yet so I can't add anything significant to this thread. My lacking knowledge of english doesn't help too.

Btw, I did read that, while the mecha animation is good and the itano circus is impressive, the character animation is just average since Yoshida is not particularly involved in the project. Actually I was expecting him to be one of the core members of this new production but it doesn't seem so. Does anyone know why and also what he is currently doing now?

EDIT.
The image posted above is awesome.
edit: What duckroll said
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 09:21   Link #143
7Th
Mixtape

So how is the movie doing in the box office? Since it's a limited release I don't think it's going to appear in Box Office Mojo any time soon, so I was wondering if you guys knew.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 11:26   Link #144
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
So how is the movie doing in the box office? Since it's a limited release I don't think it's going to appear in Box Office Mojo any time soon, so I was wondering if you guys knew.
For a closer reference: in both the number of attendants to the projections and box-office revenue, Lagann-hen is doing about three times as much as Eureka Seven: Pocket of Rainbows. Needless to say not that many people saw Pocket Full Of Rainbows mostly speculate to the fact that it's DVD release date was two months after it's theatrical release and there's not much talk on 2ch about the film save for a few boards by fans but that's it.
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 17:32   Link #145
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
For a closer reference: in both the number of attendants to the projections and box-office revenue, Lagann-hen is doing about three times as much as Eureka Seven: Pocket of Rainbows. Needless to say not that many people saw Pocket Full Of Rainbows mostly speculate to the fact that it's DVD release date was two months after it's theatrical release and there's not much talk on 2ch about the film save for a few boards by fans but that's it.
Its playing in 5 theaters, as opposed to the 20 or so theaters that GL is playing in, of course GL would make about 3 times more.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 19:13   Link #146
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Its playing in 5 theaters, as opposed to the 20 or so theaters that GL is playing in, of course GL would make about 3 times more.
Hence "limited release" in case you didn't catch it
Old 2009-05-21, 00:20   Link #147
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
I only saw first day/weekend (can't remember which) takings for E7, GL and the live action Higurashi movie. E7 had the highest per screen takings, obviously because it was limited to 7 screens nationwide. Doesn't amount to much though, it's really limited.
Old 2009-05-21, 05:38   Link #148
pirateking

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E4%BA%A4%E9...744047-1004665

The cover art for the Blu-ray Limited Edition
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 23:05   Link #149
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateking View Post
Eureka Seven The Movie Music Collection Cover Art

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E4%BA%A4%E9...600612-8137818
*Jaw drops* NEED MOAR FANART! Why can't we get this in Blu-ray in the US? Ugh.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 23:28   Link #150
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
That picture there is official art, and I give it an 11/10 personally

... we do need more E7 fanart though

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 00:07   Link #151
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
*Jaw drops* NEED MOAR FANART! Why can't we get this in Blu-ray in the US? Ugh.
Who said it won't be released on blu-ray though? Bandai is releasing Sword of the Stranger on DVD and Blu-ray, so there's no reason to think they wouldn't do the same for the E7 movie when they do release it eventually.
Old 2009-05-23, 04:42   Link #152
pirateking

Im bored. So I just post this image for you guys to enjoy

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?im...2111844344.jpg
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 12:07   Link #153
wisteria233

Question is that blueray dvd the full series of just a few episodes?
Also another question would the E7 movie be considered licensed in America? Cause if so I hope it gets released on DVD quickly so I can buy it.

Last edited by wisteria233; 2009-05-24 at 12:23.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 22:46   Link #154
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Quote:
Eureka Seven The Movie Music Collection Cover Art

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E4%BA%A4%E9...600612-8137818
Oh god. That's absolutely gorgeous. Saved.
Old 2009-05-25, 23:55   Link #155
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Question is that blueray dvd the full series of just a few episodes?
Also another question would the E7 movie be considered licensed in America? Cause if so I hope it gets released on DVD quickly so I can buy it.
*sigh*...Again with this....No the complete series will be release in two bluray boxsets which contain all 50 episodes and no just because Bandai America licensed the TV series does not mean they have bought the rights to sell the movie in the States hence "not licensed" though they are well aware of it and they should make some announcement in the coming months.
Old 2009-05-26, 04:37   Link #156
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
*sigh*...Again with this....No the complete series will be release in two bluray boxsets which contain all 50 episodes and no just because Bandai America licensed the TV series does not mean they have bought the rights to sell the movie in the States hence "not licensed" though they are well aware of it and they should make some announcement in the coming months.
Actually I think they did mention at one of the conventions last year that they're on the production committee of the movie and will be releasing it. Both TV series blu-ray boxsets are already out btw, it's not an upcoming release.
Old 2009-05-26, 08:14   Link #157
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
...wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
Actually I think they did mention at one of the conventions last year that they're on the production committee of the movie and will be releasing it.
Really? If true, that'd be great! I might be a cheapskate far too often for my own conscience, but given that's its Eureka 7 and that beautiful, beautiful cover...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 08:34   Link #158
ACGalaga

Send a message via AIM to ACGalaga
WOOOOOO!

~~just giving a shout-out for an awesome anime!~~

Saw an add for this move in ガンガン and am really excited to see it! Let's waiting!!
ACGalaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 21:11   Link #159
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Actually I think they did mention at one of the conventions last year that they're on the production committee of the movie and will be releasing it. Both TV series blu-ray boxsets are already out btw, it's not an upcoming release.
Always here to correct me
From what I got they were well aware of the status but haven't licensed the movie as of now. Or maybe they have and are waiting to make a announcement in the upcoming expos this summer.
Old 2009-05-29, 10:03   Link #160
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Amazon Japan has revealed the packaging of the E7 movie blu-ray LE. Looks pretty disappointing to me. Lack of artwork, and it looks cheap. Definitely doesn't look like the 13400yen super high-end LE that it should looking like considering the price.