AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-07, 11:41   Link #1
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Animechi Has Been Closed

Hi Guys Animechi has been closed for around a week now, sorry for the quick shut down and all. I suggest you (animesuki) remove the torrent links from your tracker since the animechi tracker has been deleted and their is no way users can still get the episodes we released. What was the reason for the shut down, well too many complaints, hate mail, threats, insults, warnings, arguments, forum flammings, and a slew of other things. Does this mean we have abandoned the series you liked so much, heck no, as a man of my word I said we would complete any projects we took and even though animechi won't directly be doing them I have entrusted the work to a well know group whom will be creating remakes of the original eps that their were complaints about and then will proceed to complete the rest of the series as a joint with the group I know work for. Remakes and New releases should start to flow in sometime around late august early september.
Old 2004-08-07, 12:12   Link #2
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

One down, a few hundred to go...
Old 2004-08-07, 12:25   Link #3
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepsis
Yeah, you should try joining them.
Old 2004-08-07, 12:28   Link #4
ff7799
Banned

another perfect example of why we closed.
Quote:
Old 2004-08-07, 13:06   Link #5
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
another perfect example of why we closed.
I see your PR department simply wasn't up to the task.
You should have hired me while you had the chance!
Old 2004-08-07, 15:45   Link #6
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Does this mean we have abandoned the series you liked so much, heck no, as a man of my word I said we would complete any projects we took and even though animechi won't directly be doing them I have entrusted the work to a well know group whom will be creating remakes of the original eps that their were complaints about and then will proceed to complete the rest of the series as a joint with the group I know work for. Remakes and New releases should start to flow in sometime around late august early september.
I'd really like to see more Love Love (and I'm serious, before someones ask). I hope you'll really continue with it. The JAR version can just be counted as a parody, not as a real fansub.
Old 2004-08-07, 16:27   Link #7
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
I see your PR department simply wasn't up to the task.
You should have hired me while you had the chance!
What for? For counter-flaming? That would be awesome

Quote:
Does the term "superiority complex" ring any bells? It really should.
Old 2004-08-07, 19:38   Link #8
jennwenn

What series did you guys do?
Old 2004-08-07, 20:17   Link #9
ff7799
Banned

We worked on Love Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
What series did you guys do?
Old 2004-08-08, 02:14   Link #10
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Why would anyone spam/threating a fansub doing you a service for FREE?!
God damn, people who do that should get a life. Plus its uncalled for anyone to put down a group working in your interests.
Old 2004-08-08, 02:39   Link #11
HK anime seeker
Looks fun...Time to jump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAveOfFire
God damn, people who do that should get a life. Plus its uncalled for anyone to put down a group working in your interests.
I concur with that. The flamers like Elepis just need a life. The reason they flame is because they have no life and want the attacntion that they can't get in life. So if you ignore them they tend to breakdown and cry
Old 2004-08-08, 02:56   Link #12
bayoab

This is like a soap opera. We see a new post everytime anything minor happens...
Old 2004-08-08, 03:13   Link #13
ff7799
Banned

Its amazing, years later your still bugging me, even after your mass accusations that were admiting proven wrong. Anyway I don't really care since I'am still subbing and your out in the cold. Your crappy naruto speed subs mean nothing in a day and age when groups like anime-heaven release anbu style releases within a few hours of recieving the raws. Bakasan get a life. I haven't said anything to you in months however since your looking for trouble I suggest you look elsewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaSan
Darn... I wanted to be the first to say...

"Sayonara Animechi..."

Would this be considered a flame if I added a :fingers: ?

hehehe... ok.. I take it back. ^H^H^H^H^H :fingers:
Old 2004-08-08, 05:10   Link #14
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Most people don't take BakaSan's flames seriously...

-_-;;;
Old 2004-08-08, 10:29   Link #15
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAveOfFire
So you're for spam filling your mailbox because you know, they are "doing you a service for FREE" by "researching things you might want to buy and informing you of it." Just because someone's doing something for free doesn't mean it's good for everyone.
Old 2004-08-08, 10:52   Link #16
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
So you're for spam filling your mailbox because you know, they are "doing you a service for FREE" by "researching things you might want to buy and informing you of it." Just because someone's doing something for free doesn't mean it's good for everyone.
I didn't realize Animechi was sending fansubs to people's computers without them asking for it.

Even if their sub wasn't that great, it was either a poor sub, or no sub. I guess you'd prefer no sub. That's fine, don't download it.

Others realize fansubs are provided for free and appreciate the time devoted to it. I'll take poor and half-assed (if that's the case) for free, over nothing, any day.
Old 2004-08-08, 12:49   Link #17
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
What for? For counter-flaming? That would be awesome
I would state that this one dislikes it to be assumed that one does simply and merly just counter-flames in his RP respect. One merly tries to see to that complaints are dealt with in a logical, and as civil a fashion as the situation permits; indeed... NICE... and... LOGICAL, BHAHHAHHAHRHAKKAHERMAHAZHAZHAZHAZHAZ *gangsta laugh*

Quote:
Its amazing, years later your still bugging me, even after your mass accusations that were admiting proven wrong.
One would be happy if you would not try to 'diss' Bakasan, as one feels that Bakasan is 'TEH PWNZ0R FOR THE TEH FREEXORZ', as such is that is why one is on my UNIVERSAL OWNAGE LIST - or was, untill he sadly droped out of OWNZ0RiNG people so much, and I sadly decided to replace him with others of his nature.
Old 2004-08-08, 13:08   Link #18
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Can't you do better than that? Spam is called spam because you get it in your mailbox although you don't want it or didn't sign up for it. It intrudes your privacy.
Now where is the difference with fansubs you deem obsolete and unwanted? Let me help you: Noone ever forces you to download them. They are there, bothering noone and they are not intruding your privacy. Just ignore them if you don't like them. Or maybe it is already spam for you just because it's listed on the AS main page with all the other fansubs? Or maybe because of the 500+ threads dealing with Animechi and their fansubs? OMG, these spammers! Die Animechi, die! Die for forcing noone to download your subs!
Old 2004-08-08, 13:24   Link #19
ff7799
Banned

I just posted this thread to get the attention of animesuki so they would remove the links from their tracker. I didn't expect that anyone would respond to it, seriously am I really this hated by all.
Old 2004-08-08, 13:30   Link #20
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Yes?

What you should've done was told them in the IRC channel, rather than keeping us updated on your soap opera.

Anyway, I need to go break down and cry now, by someone's advice. This is certainly funny enough for tears.
Closed Thread