AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-26, 19:15   Link #121
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloboy
Oh btw you guys, post your e-mails here im sure ADV, Geneon, 4Kids and other lisencing compaines might have open positions for you and drop you a mail.
Haha, if only it worked that way. Anyway, I'll bite. Major anime companies: click on my username and drop me an email, I'm willing to edit for cheap!
Old 2004-08-26, 19:47   Link #122
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Some people I just don't get, they come here to this thread dismiss fansubbing some even over-react saying their irrelevant to the community. But why are they here then?
Yes, technically fansubbing is unethical and SHOULD be frowned upon, and it certainly isn't legal in any way, shape, or form, but we still download them anyway. Why? Because that's how humans are. Get used to it.
Old 2004-08-26, 19:52   Link #123
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Oh btw you guys, post your e-mails here im sure ADV, Geneon, 4Kids and other lisencing compaines might have open positions for you and drop you a mail.
Editors and timers come dime a dozen and unfortunately most companies don't seem all that interested in anything outside of translators. >.>

ADV's site used to list under the 'Jobs' section what positions they were looking to fill. It sat, almost unchanging, reading "Japanese, Chinese and Korean translators needed." Althought the occasional "Sales Representitive" position would pop up from time to time. Ultimately, they removed or rather changed the section. Instead now it's just a simple form you fill out and submit. http://www.advfilms.com/jobs

Other company's sites don't feature an option like this and their staff don't seem to visit this forum at all. So you'd have better luck emailing them yourself. ^^;
Old 2004-08-26, 21:10   Link #124
carloboy
K-F Distro Guy

Send a message via AIM to carloboy Send a message via Yahoo to carloboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Yes, technically fansubbing is unethical and SHOULD be frowned upon, and it certainly isn't legal in any way, shape, or form, but we still download them anyway. Why? Because that's how humans are. Get used to it.
Im not stupid, i know that sheesh. you take everything i said so literally. why do you think i download tons of anime every week...
Old 2004-08-26, 23:13   Link #125
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

DVDs are really lacking in terms of different styles and effects, limited as they are by standards. I really think that they should change that by perhaps moving to a different format or by creating a new standard. MPEG-4 will allow more episodes per DVD without hurting quality and possibly make DVDs look as good as 170 MB fansub encodes . Also, moving to MPEG-4 might allow for a change in the disc specs, allowing more and different layerings for karaoke effects and typesetting that fansubbing has made popular.
Old 2004-08-26, 23:32   Link #126
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Mr paper doesnt troll here ..He lives here :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
And ChoBaka...

True enough, if I didn't download or fansub anime (I did admit I do downloading and fansubbing anime) I would just be trolling here. However, whether I download and fansub anime or not does not mean I can't respect the accomplishments and hard work of those working in the industry. Their hardwork in making the industry what it is today is the topic of discussion, not my moral and ethical stance on downloading anime.
Old 2004-08-27, 00:00   Link #127
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

What the fuck is wrong with this forum anyway

Man, I didn't double post dammit.
Old 2004-08-27, 00:01   Link #128
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

As for Canada we are alowed to download freely. The media sharing programs (usualy peer to peers) are protected by a law as a right to share anything. It is NOT illigal to download whatsoever! don't care about legal or illegal anime subbing as long as it is a shared we are free ^^ Maybe Canada is more free then the land of the free itself hey ? I understand the intensity though

Oh BTW I still use Kazaa Lite K ++ and I don't realy know if its illigal or what but..well.. probably it is, but I prefer taking my chances with Kazaa then fansubing ^^
Old 2004-08-27, 00:02   Link #129
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumja
DVDs are really lacking in terms of different styles and effects, limited as they are by standards. I really think that they should change that by perhaps moving to a different format or by creating a new standard. MPEG-4 will allow more episodes per DVD without hurting quality and possibly make DVDs look as good as 170 MB fansub encodes . Also, moving to MPEG-4 might allow for a change in the disc specs, allowing more and different layerings for karaoke effects and typesetting that fansubbing has made popular.
I think somewhere buried deep inside the MPEG4 Systems spec is the ability for multiple layers of video. That would be interesting, because fansubbers can say render an alpha-channel enabled overlay video and then specify some alignment points. They would then distribute this which can be overlaid on a raw, etc, with as much effects as a hard sub can do (well almost ^^ In fact, multiplle layers of these on some new age video disc format would really be nice. Perhaps as an extra, they can allow you to remove individual 'cel's from the background >.>;; or even have credits be switchable (no credits, Japanese credits, English credits).
Old 2004-08-27, 00:15   Link #130
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
As for Canada we are alowed to download freely. The media sharing programs (usualy peer to peers) are protected by a law as a right to share anything. It is NOT illigal to download whatsoever! don't care about legal or illegal anime subbing as long as it is a shared we are free ^^ Maybe Canada is more free then the land of the free itself hey ? I understand the intensity though
Not again...

Go read the laws instead of going by hear-say. Downloading is still illegal in Canada, the only places where it is legal are those nice sites where you pay per download. Canadian law only states that you can't be charged with distribution for storing files in a shared directory and nothing else. Bah!
Old 2004-08-27, 00:21   Link #131
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Im not stupid, i know that sheesh. you take everything i said so literally. why do you think i download tons of anime every week...
Well then I'm sorry for not assuming that you were asking a rhetorical question. Just a little tip for you: if you don't want something taken literally, either put a note next to it that it's not to be taken literally or don't write it. Since we can't see and hear you talk in person, sarcasm and tone are entirely lost in the conversion from thought to the written word.
Old 2004-08-27, 01:50   Link #132
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Quote:
Im not stupid
Could've fooled me.

I'm not going to bother writing out a long response to you, since you seem convinced that anyone who does works for one of the companies. Rather, I'll try to condense my points to a brief list.
- We're here because we enjoy downloading the occasional series. That does NOT mean that everyone who is here supports all types of fansubbing.
- The fact that fansubbing is relevant to US does NOT mean it's relevant to the industry.
- We have a slight amount of importance to the anime companies since we are a somewhat more vocal group that bitches a lot more about errors and the like.
- On the whole, the companies can certainly do without fansubbers. The market is already there, and only growing larger, and the lack of fansubs will have only a minor effect on that. If there were no fansubbers, there'd be a brief dip in the market that would be made up for in a matter of a few quarters, if that long.
- YOU certainly don't strike me as a potential customer, judging by your comments.
Old 2004-08-27, 02:03   Link #133
carloboy
K-F Distro Guy

Send a message via AIM to carloboy Send a message via Yahoo to carloboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Well then I'm sorry for not assuming that you were asking a rhetorical question. Just a little tip for you: if you don't want something taken literally, either put a note next to it that it's not to be taken literally or don't write it. Since we can't see and hear you talk in person, sarcasm and tone are entirely lost in the conversion from thought to the written word.
note: take literally (sarcastic tone) You like things spoon fed to you?
Sorry but i dont see why you would take me so literally, i dont underestimate people, so i assume they know how im talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepsis
- YOU certainly don't strike me as a potential customer, judging by your comments.
Oh i apologize for not having the attitude of a customer. Your just like a salesguy that likes to profile people then quickly changes when money is thrown at you.
Brief dip blah blah blah, too many gibberish talk that seems to know but really doesn't. who are you to know anyway what would happen? your sure you have figrured out every variable? your just a anime watcher like everyone else... Oh i know, you bought 20 more dvd's than i have and now you've totally figured out the anime industry!?! totally awesome dude... :rock:

Unless your a stock broker, business analyst, economist or sales exec in the anime industry, i would not believe whatever you say. Your just talking about a subject way out of your league...

Last edited by carloboy; 2004-08-27 at 02:16.
Old 2004-08-27, 02:20   Link #134
Shonokai

Theres only one solution to all of this, we all move to Antartica. It is the only place left on Earth that isn't owned by anyone(atleast I dont think theres others...). We'll move there and set our own laws!
Old 2004-08-27, 04:11   Link #135
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There was a conversation here once. :sigh:

All things eventually must end. That is the way of this world. I merely announce the ending so that their death may be glorious.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread