AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 00:38   Link #841
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihgthawk View Post
So I was reading some info about SAO and someone mentioned Moonlight Sculptor, I have no clue what this is can some one elaborate?
Moonlight sculptor is a Korean light novel about an MMO. Thats pretty much where the similarities end.

Its basically about a poor guy who gets shafted in life and tries to make it big by becoming emperor in this MMO. Becoming emperor would entitle him to a sizable cut of the profits the company that produces the MMO makes from it and escape his perpetual poverty. He ends up with a character class he never wanted, the titular Moonlight Sculptor, which is generally a non-combat class with a few perks. He makes it work.

Its pretty entertaining, but not a whole lot is translated. You can find the first 2 volumes on Odd Squad Scanlation's site, and additional summaries for the later novels elsewhere. There is 36 volumes out in Korea atm.

Last edited by bludvein; 2012-07-04 at 01:14.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 01:48   Link #842
sky black swordman

^ Sounds interesting but SAO sound a lot better.
Old 2012-07-04, 02:23   Link #843
CNine
Inactive Member

^believe me Moonlight Scluptor is awesome[more than SAO actually], the MC is badass, a genius hardworker although his job in game is Scluptor
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 02:50   Link #844
Nihgthawk

Tempting but with 36 vol and only 2 vol translated and translations at such a slow pace I will wait to see if it picks up. Dont want it to turn into another Hidan no Aria for me. (I want the translation to start back up so bad.)

Sorry that I got us off topic lets switch back to SAO now.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 10:16   Link #845
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Since I'm apparently not even so much as allowed to mention that there's a novel source in the anime thread (apparently posts that are just people counting down to the premiere are fine examples of contribution to the discussion though) I guess I'll post it here, after skimming Chapter 16.5 I don't see why anybody would ever think for a second that they would be able to animate it for TV as it's kind of hentai.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 10:27   Link #846
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Since I'm apparently not even so much as allowed to mention that there's a novel source in the anime thread (apparently posts that are just people counting down to the premiere are fine examples of contribution to the discussion though) I guess I'll post it here, after skimming Chapter 16.5 I don't see why anybody would ever think for a second that they would be able to animate it for TV as it's kind of hentai.
We can hope! : D
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 10:34   Link #847
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
We can hope! : D
No therre really is no room for hope. If you can't even get bare breasts past the censors half the time there's no chance you're going to get a descriptive sex scene past them. There's a reason this sort of thing has only ever been seen in OVA's. At best it might be possible to imply that it happened, but showing it as it's presented in the chapter is impossible. It's just flat out against broadcast rules.

Besides it reads like fanfiction anyway and would only serve to disrupt the flow of the story in an incredibly awkward way.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:47   Link #848
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
No therre really is no room for hope. If you can't even get bare breasts past the censors half the time there's no chance you're going to get a descriptive sex scene past them. There's a reason this sort of thing has only ever been seen in OVA's. At best it might be possible to imply that it happened, but showing it as it's presented in the chapter is impossible. It's just flat out against broadcast rules.

Besides it reads like fanfiction anyway and would only serve to disrupt the flow of the story in an incredibly awkward way.
That's precisely why we've been hoping it shows up in the form of an OVA.

Uh huh. I take it you haven't read chapters 16 and 17, yes? I find it interesting that you're able to comment on the flow of the story when you haven't even read the novels, except for chapter 16.5.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:48   Link #849
firestalker5

Quote:

You seem to be under the impression that 16.5 is important... It's not. It was part of the original WEB novel, not part of the printed version. Chances are they'll skip over that part of the chapter JUST LIKE the printed version. Nothing will change and nothing will be ruined.

Just saying.... You should read the printed version it's basically the same except without that part of the chapter.
firestalker5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 10:58   Link #850
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestalker5 View Post
You seem to be under the impression that 16.5 is important... It's not. It was part of the original WEB novel, not part of the printed version. Chances are they'll skip over that part of the chapter JUST LIKE the printed version. Nothing will change and nothing will be ruined.
It's important to some people..?

It wasn't part of the printed version because, if I remember correctly, the author wrote it after copies of volume 1 were printed. It's still canon, though.
Old 2012-07-05, 11:49   Link #851
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:

Just saying.... You should read the printed version it's basically the same except without that part of the chapter.
I never thought for a second it was important to the story. It's pretty obvious what it is.
Old 2012-07-05, 18:12   Link #852
Edgardes

Do you think Murder Case will be adapted?
I personally would rather not, since it comes into direct conflict with the first volume, but the fact that he pulls the battle with Laughing Coffin, who has not yet appeared in LN.
Edgardes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 18:41   Link #853
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgardes View Post
Do you think Murder Case will be adapted?
I personally would rather not, since it comes into direct conflict with the first volume, but the fact that he pulls the battle with Laughing Coffin, who has not yet appeared in LN.
???? Laughing Coffin was part of the series from the first volume...
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-05, 19:00   Link #854
Edgardes

Quote:
???? Laughing Coffin was part of the series from the first volume...
Spoiler:
I spoke of the battle that wiped out the Laughing Coffin, not the battle against Cradil.
Edgardes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 21:15   Link #855
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgardes View Post
but the fact that he pulls the battle with Laughing Coffin, who has not yet appeared in LN.
That pretty much says that LC isn't in the LN yet.... According to proper grammar rules.
Old 2012-07-05, 21:28   Link #856
sky black swordman

Speaking of the battle with Laughing Coffin not much info is a available on that Raid.
Old 2012-07-05, 21:49   Link #857
firestalker5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Speaking of the battle with Laughing Coffin not much info is a available on that Raid.
Other than the lengthy explanation that Kirito gives during the GGO arc.
Old 2012-07-06, 03:28   Link #858
Awrya
U mad?

Not quite sure where, but I read the author won't do any more side stories for SAO world, that is the first volume, not light novel in general.
So unless there is some side story about the raid out there but untranslated we will likely never find out the whole story.
Old 2012-07-06, 03:44   Link #859
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Not quite sure where, but I read the author won't do any more side stories for SAO world, that is the first volume, not light novel in general.
So unless there is some side story about the raid out there but untranslated we will likely never find out the whole story.
What do you mean by 'whole story'? Kirito in GGO seems to have explained it quite well; in short, they planned a strike on LC, they attacked, things went into a clusterfrak, people died on both sides. Unless you want details like characterization beyond just Johnny Black's and XaXa's, or a blow by blow account of what kind of massacre it was, I think Kirito explained it well.

And as for other side stories, there's been quite a few about Aincrad after the 1st two volumes. eg, Aria of the Starless Night, then there's web versions of clearing Floor 2, how Kirito obtained bare-hand 'sword-skills', and a side-quest that began on 3rd(?) floor and will end at Floor 9, about two elven NPCs fighting each other that Asuna and Kirito started.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 04:34   Link #860
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Just a heads up, pyrun has begun work on Rondo SS
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality