AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Old 2014-07-20, 00:33   Link #1281
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjo View Post
well i got question? even know its going be ignored might NOT get answered lol but worth a shot well is it possible that NILOKERAS will be used by earth forces? i mean it didn't get blowing up lol the pilot could be slaine?

anyways i did enjoy ep 3 awesome song! so far i am enjoying every bit of the show can't wait for more eps to be released!
Spoiler for awesome song! part of ep 3:
Hey, don't be afraid to ask a question. That's what this is all about!

Do I think the Nilokeras will be used by the Earth Forces? For right now, no. I think their major idea was to hightail it out of there, but they had to take out Trillram first in order to escape. Also, I can't remember, but did the UEF take the the mech, or did they just leave it there in the water? Trillram didn't mention them taking it. However I doubt it, since he actually had to get out of it and take the time to swim to shore. The UEF would have wanted to be away from the area by then.

By the way, I didn't notice till I watched the episode again, but did anyone notice that Saazbaum is actually one of the castles till in space? He's not even on Earth! After all of his long glorious speech, it was 19 others who went down to the Earth?

Well, if this is part of his plan not to get suspicion thrown on him, then I applaud him. It now makes sense what he was talking about with orbital bombardment. I was thinking they were going to use some space weapon or get one of their space castle backup to do the attack, but no, he can do it himself I guess.

Also, yeah, that song is awesome.
I can't wait to get the OST.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 00:33   Link #1282
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 00:56   Link #1283
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Hey, don't be afraid to ask a question. That's what this is all about!

Do I think the Nilokeras will be used by the Earth Forces? For right now, no. I think their major idea was to hightail it out of there, but they had to take out Trillram first in order to escape. Also, I can't remember, but did the UEF take the the mech, or did they just leave it there in the water? Trillram didn't mention them taking it. However I doubt it, since he actually had to get out of it and take the time to swim to shore. The UEF would have wanted to be away from the area by then.

By the way, I didn't notice till I watched the episode again, but did anyone notice that Saazbaum is actually one of the castles till in space? He's not even on Earth! After all of his long glorious speech, it was 19 others who went down to the Earth?

Well, if this is part of his plan not to get suspicion thrown on him, then I applaud him. It now makes sense what he was talking about with orbital bombardment. I was thinking they were going to use some space weapon or get one of their space castle backup to do the attack, but no, he can do it himself I guess.

Also, yeah, that song is awesome.
I can't wait to get the OST.
btw thanks for the reply last time i reply here people was OVER running this topic so much replies within matter of mins lol before you know it my post was 565656565665656546 pages behind it SAFE to sayis show is AWESOME along with the songs the used <3!
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 00:57   Link #1284
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjo View Post
Spoiler for awesome song! part of ep 3:
After looking at that song again, I just noticed something else. (interesting how you don't notice these things except in multiple viewings. ) Is not the sky carrier that Slaine flies at the end, the same one the he flew last episode? The same one that several F-22s shot at with missiles but it didn't even touch it's hull? The same one they fired upon and the barrier that was on the plane itself (this was before Trillram activated the Light of Aldnoah on his mech), stopped all the bullets?

Then how the heck was Calm able to hit it in this episode?! Did he have the sheild down for some reason? And when Rayet commented on the fact that they could hit the plane and thus no barrier. Asseylem, actually lied and said it didn't have any special abilities, and only a few guns.

Was she lying to protect Slaine?
And why was the barrier off on the carrier in the first place? Does he only put it on when he's carrying a passenger?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-20, 01:08   Link #1285
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
[SPOILER="ep3"]
And this eye in the sky is sending information... how? I'm surprised the kid didn't touch on that. Meh.
- He did. He asked why the mech was still able to cut them off in ep 2 without having direct line-of-sight when lookign through the map room. Also, the test with the little drone earlier in the episode.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 01:10   Link #1286
Kazu-kun

Quote:
After looking at that song again, I just noticed something else. (interesting how you don't notice these things except in multiple viewings. ) Is not the sky carrier that Slaine flies at the end, the same one the he flew last episode? The same one that several F-22s shot at with missiles but it didn't even touch it's hull? The same one they fired upon and the barrier that was on the plane itself (this was before Trillram activated the Light of Aldnoah on his mech), stopped all the bullets?

Then how the heck was Calm able to hit it in this episode?! Did he have the sheild down for some reason? And when Rayet commented on the fact that they could hit the plane and thus no barrier. Asseylem, actually lied and said it didn't have any special abilities, and only a few guns.

And why was the barrier off on the carrier in the first place? Does he only put it on when he's carrying a passenger?
I noticed that too. The princess could be lying but I think it's unlikely. After all, if Slaine really did have a barrier in the carrier, he would have used it.

I think the barrier in episode 2 was either a plot hole or it came from Trillram's mecha. Although, the latter is unlikely because, as you pointed out, he activates his mecha's barrier later on. Thing is, this show already has so many inconsistencies that it's hard to tell if this was deliberate or a fuck up. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
Old 2014-07-20, 01:21   Link #1287
BPD Renegade

It's getting pretty impossible to follow this thread without spending hours going over previous pages. That said, I'll write a few replies to comments I noticed people talking/complaining about. Forgive me if someone has already said similar things, as I haven't had time to do more that skim a few pages for the latest episode.

Inaho:
Defenders of his characterization are somewhat vindicated this episode. We clearly see that he's out for revenge, especially with that last attack. There was also another instance (when he's talking to Inko), where he leaves a sentence hanging when he talks about the decimation of Earth's forces being unexpected. This is still more evidence that he's simply unable to express his emotions. Not on his face. Not with words. I find it refreshing that he's not wearing his heart on his sleeve and we're not being shoved his past on a silver platter. I feel like a fundamental flaw in a lot of anime-original watchers nowadays is impatience. Rather than waiting to see how things play out, a lot of what we hear are just complaints about how everything's not shoved in our faces the first episode.

Slaine:
It wouldn't be surprising if he has a lot of repressed anger and eventually lets it out. People like him definitely are one push away from instability, as slightly demonstrated at the end of the episode. I think his emotions and mentality will come into play in the distant future, perhaps at the end of the cour. After killing Trillram, he's probably going to usurp Nilokeras, but rather than searching for the princess, the OP suggests that he might end up going back to Cruhteo and continuing on the Vers side...

Princess vs Vers:
I don't think it's bothersome that she's so "enthusiastic" about fighting against her own people. For one, the attack was more about disabling Nilokeras and finding a way to evacuate the civilians. She was doing nothing more than firing smoke screens at the floating cameras, and no one died. It'd be more annoying if she were having qualms about buying time when she knows about the one-sided massacre and has first-hand experience witnessing the refugees.

Princess Transformation:
Although it seemed like Majou shoujo at first, it seems like the princess is using some sort of advanced holographic technology rather than magic. This is a mecha, so I'm guessing either we're going to get more details later, when we know more about the Aldnoah tech, or it's going to be hand-wavy. However, given that we've about twenty episodes to go, I'm sure it's more of the former.

Pants in a knot:
Some people are getting their pants in a knot in order to bash the show because, "People are only watching because Urobutcher's name is on it. So we have to moan about it and jump at any opportunity to point out how terrible and unrealistic it is." I know I sound bitter. I don't offer any apologies. I just find it incredibly annoying that a good portion of what we see when visiting the thread are complaints about how there's nothing memorable or how it's trying too hard to be grandoise. There are some genuinely valid and well-thoughtout criticisms, and I respect those opinions. The series is a far cry from flawless, and yes, the first two episodes demonstrated a great number of clichés and tropes, as well as history that requires some suspension of belief. Still, it's one thing to offer constructive criticism, it's another to just attack the series because, "the music sucks."
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 01:32   Link #1288
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
"People are only watching because Urobutcher's name is on it. So we have to moan about it and jump at any opportunity to point out how terrible and unrealistic it is."
- Actually, it sounds more like people are just bashing it so they can sound cool, just like every other anime fan out there about new series. What with all the "Meh" and "Groan" and all the "This shitty series is beneath me" commentary that's on this thread lately. Half of which is ignorance from not actually paying attention to what's said or shown in the series so far.

There's things I like and don't like about this series but it's generally good so far. That may change depending on how well they continue from the next episode onwards.
Old 2014-07-20, 01:33   Link #1289
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Princess vs Vers:
I don't think it's bothersome that she's so "enthusiastic" about fighting against her own people. For one, the attack was more about disabling Nilokeras and finding a way to evacuate the civilians. She was doing nothing more than firing smoke screens at the floating cameras, and no one died. It'd be more annoying if she were having qualms about buying time when she knows about the one-sided massacre and has first-hand experience witnessing the refugees.
It might be annoying, but it would make more sense considering she's their princess and has a duty to her people first and foremost.

Also, yeah, no one died. But she had no way to be sure no one was going to die. Furthermore, when Slaine's carrier was hit, she didn't show any concern. For all she knew, the plane could have crashed right there, but she didn't seem to care. All that was pretty odd really.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-07-20 at 01:49.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 01:47   Link #1290
chrisbad726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I noticed that too. The princess could be lying but I think it's unlikely. After all, if Slaine really did have a barrier in the carrier, he would have used it.

I think the barrier in episode 2 was either a plot hole or it came from Trillram's mecha. Although, the latter is unlikely because, as you pointed out, he activates his mecha's barrier later on. Thing is, this show already has so many inconsistencies that it's hard to tell if this was deliberate or a fuck up. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
Just out of curiosity what other many inconsistencies are there?
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 01:53   Link #1291
BPD Renegade

Quote:
It might be annoying, but it would make more sense considering she's their princess and has a duty to her people first and foremost.

Also, yeah, no one died. But she had no way to be sure no one was going to die. Furthermore, when Slaine's carrier was hit, she didn't show any concern. For all she knew, the pilot could have died right there, but she didn't seem to care. All that was pretty odd really.
The wing was damaged. We clearly see the carrier descending as if it's going to land, not falling into a nose-dive. Given their advanced technology, it's safe to assume that something like a bit of damage isn't enough to kill a pilot. And as someone mentioned earlier, she told them that the type of carrier wasn't equipped with anything special, i.e., now harmless, no reason to keep shooting.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 01:59   Link #1292
Esclair

Quote:

Also, yeah, no one died. But she had no way to be sure no one was going to die. Furthermore, when Slaine's carrier was hit, she didn't show any concern. For all she knew, the plane could have crashed right there, but she didn't seem to care. All that was pretty odd really.
The Lords pretty much defied orders to stay at the Moon instead of returning to Mars. In a normal military that could be considered treason. The fact that the King can't really do anything about them seems to suggest that he doesn't have the power to enforce his own laws over the Lords. I don't think the Princess has any duty to them at this point. If she considers the Lords actions to be acting against the interest of the Ver Kingdom as a whole, then she could very much see them as 'not' her people and should work against them if necessary.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 02:04   Link #1293
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Also her "Knight" have shown will to harm civilians. Those may be adversaries, but any sensible political figure, and possibly the heir in this case, is not going to let this shit fly. So, action have to be taken.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 02:08   Link #1294
Kazu-kun

Quote:
The wing was damaged. We clearly see the carrier descending as if it's going to land, not falling into a nose-dive. Given their advanced technology, it's safe to assume that something like a bit of damage isn't enough to kill a pilot.
Okay, let's say you're right. They're still shooting down their people and she really doesn't show even a little hint of concern. Does that really make sense to you? I think even a little expression on her face would go a long way to show she understands what she's doing. She's not just any random Martian, she's the princess. She ought to have some conflicting feelings about all this, even if she's doing what she thinks is right.
Old 2014-07-20, 02:08   Link #1295
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Quote:

i would guess the ONLY reason he had barrier was because of the mecha was with the sky carrier it would make sense its like extended barrier like if only ways things to be effect or gain benefits form whatever holding/touching the objects etc giving the effects.
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 02:24   Link #1296
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
The Lords pretty much defied orders to stay at the Moon instead of returning to Mars. In a normal military that could be considered treason.
Martian military is obviously not normal.

Quote:
The fact that the King can't really do anything about them seems to suggest that he doesn't have the power to enforce his own laws over the Lords.
Or maybe it's just convenient for him so he lets them be. We don't know anything about their political situation yet. Hopefully they will expand on this soon.

Quote:
I don't think the Princess has any duty to them at this point. If she considers the Lords actions to be acting against the interest of the Ver Kingdom as a whole, then she could very much see them as 'not' her people and should work against them if necessary.
If that's what she thinks, they have to make it clear. Without providing any explanation, her actions don't make any sense. I can only hope there's a good reason for all this. We'll see.
Old 2014-07-20, 02:24   Link #1297
Thess

Quote:
Why would she assume Slaine is the pilot? It was even a surprise he was sent to the mission.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 02:32   Link #1298
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
The Lords pretty much defied orders to stay at the Moon instead of returning to Mars. In a normal military that could be considered treason. The fact that the King can't really do anything about them seems to suggest that he doesn't have the power to enforce his own laws over the Lords. I don't think the Princess has any duty to them at this point. If she considers the Lords actions to be acting against the interest of the Ver Kingdom as a whole, then she could very much see them as 'not' her people and should work against them if necessary.
I have to disagree. Asseylem loves her home and seems to take her position pretty seriously. She cares for her knights as we can see with Cruhteo (he's one of them too). And even if her people disobeyed orders, she would still be responsible for them. They are still Martians and still her people. Even if they committed treason, she would have to bring them to justice by her people's rule, she would never just discard the lot of them without finding out the truth of what happened. And even then, she would probably still have them tried by Martian courts.

As for the Emperor, you assume that a man who somehow pretty single-handedly formed an entire empire with this much firepower and strength enough to take down the entire forces of the Earth, in only about 3 decades, to be weak? I wouldn't underestimate Ray Regalia.
And is it that hard to consider that the "order" that the knights defied, was an order in name only? That it really actually meant nothing? That the Emperor didn't know that all 37 of them would stay? That it wasn't all for image?

I mean these knights obviously still live in a cushy lifestyle, they still have their positions and places of honor and nobility, despite defying an order for fifteen years, is kind of telling. No one has taken them to task, not even the altruistic princess who actually traveled with one of those knights for 3 months in getting to Earth. And not once was it even mentioned.

I'm thinking that that order was just to look good during the ceasefire, and to give the Empire plausible deniability if anything actually went down. But in reality, the Emperor either wanted them there, or agreed with their explanation, and so overlooked their "insubordination".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Why would she assume Slaine is the pilot? It was even a surprise he was sent to the mission.
I think she knew. He probably flies that carrier a lot for Cruhteo. You could hear it in her change of voice, almost as if she was trying to get their attention off of it. There was also a trace of affection there, especially as she downplayed the plane's capabilities. Don't forget, this same plane shot a bunch of top-of-the-line jets out of the sky and has a barrier she didn't mention. She was obviously a little protective of it, or at least its pilot.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-20, 02:34   Link #1299
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
What? I'm just pointing out, with visual evidence, they are not the same gun. All handguns look more or less similar to the untrained eye. But there are subtle differences including size and details like these two.
- They may very well be different guns. I'm just saying that comparing a high-quality picture with a low-quality picture isn't the best source. This series isn't really focusing on the guns, anyway. You're looking at the tail end of the elephant and calling it a snake and I'm looking at the trunk and calling it a dead tree.

Quote:
Also Asseylum's gun seems a lot bigger than Slaine's. Either way, it's a weird thing to point out.
- She's got smaller hands, if you noticed. Young girl, slightly smaller hands than a boy her age.

EDIT: I'm arguing about the animation, not the make of the gun. I repeat: You could be right and they're not the same gun, and may not even be the same type. But the animation quality--while not horrible--makes it less than 100% certain. And dammit, you made me have to explain the cabbage instance:

Both are the same cabbage. It's just that one is better animated than the other.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2014-07-20 at 02:48.
Old 2014-07-20, 02:58   Link #1300
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Another Urobuchi show, another character voiced by Sakurai that gets a bullet to the brain.

I liked this episode. Question is now that Slaine knows the princess is still alive what will happen when he goes to Cruhteo with the revelation?

Tags
mecha, sci-fi