AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-02, 03:36   Link #2221
Figucher

Send a message via MSN to Figucher
I liked this series, although it could've been done better in many ways, it remained interesting until the end. Also props for a nice ending episode. I'd rate this series.. hmm.. 8½?
Old 2007-10-02, 08:18   Link #2222
Tworble

I wish people would stop talking about it as if it were the end

I would give it a 9/10 if it was the end of the first season and a 6/10 if it is an end to the series as a whole.
Old 2007-10-02, 09:06   Link #2223
Kirarakim

Why shouldn't people talk as though it was the end? While it is possible there might be a second season there have been no announcements that there will be another season. Until there is obviously people should rate this as the final episode of the series.
Old 2007-10-02, 10:03   Link #2224
Nanami
~ stray wolf ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Anyway, Hei saying that Li doesn't exist anymore most likely meant that he was done with the organization---which he was. Afterall, he only got the codename 'Li-kun' because he had to work undercover.
Wait a sec, wasn't "Hei" his codename in organization? Not Li-kun! Although we don't know if it was his real name, but I think it is.

Still, nothing clear about his numeration... Too bad.

There are very small possibility for next serie.
Old 2007-10-02, 10:39   Link #2225
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
Wait a sec, wasn't "Hei" his codename in organization? Not Li-kun! Although we don't know if it was his real name, but I think it is.

Still, nothing clear about his numeration... Too bad.

There are very small possibility for next serie.
"Hei" was his code-name for the organization. "Li" was his cover as a student.
Old 2007-10-02, 12:01   Link #2226
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Nanami, i think that he has not remuneration because he is not a real contractor. It was clear.
By the way, the rates that you are giving.. are very painfull jejeje. it deserves more.
Old 2007-10-02, 12:31   Link #2227
Echoes

I thought this was a good ending altogether, if they leave it at this, I won't be disappointed. It was an enjoyable series most of the way through, visuals and animations were good as well. I reckon it's about a 7.5. Which is a good rating, considering I hardly ever give any shows 10.
Old 2007-10-02, 12:49   Link #2228
Ashez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I thought this was a good ending altogether, if they leave it at this, I won't be disappointed. It was an enjoyable series most of the way through, visuals and animations were good as well. I reckon it's about a 7.5. Which is a good rating, considering I hardly ever give any shows 10.
pretty much agree. I'd give it an 8 not much for the ½ thing =)

One thing I liked was that there was so much information that was left out in the beginning, you had to follow the characters and story more intent instead of just getting everything explained in an easy way.
Felt like that to me at least =)
Old 2007-10-02, 13:08   Link #2229
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Why shouldn't people talk as though it was the end? While it is possible there might be a second season there have been no announcements that there will be another season. Until there is obviously people should rate this as the final episode of the series.
I said I wish they wouldn't talk as if it were the end. Don't put words in someone else's mouth.

I am sure if there is another season or a longer OVA this final episode will take on much less importance and be seen differently; in retrospect.
Old 2007-10-02, 14:19   Link #2230
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble
I said I wish they wouldn't talk as if it were the end. Don't put words in someone else's mouth.

I am sure if there is another season or a longer OVA this final episode will take on much less importance and be seen differently; in retrospect.
I was just replying to what you said not putting words in your mouth. I just didn't understand where these hopes for a second season were coming from when there has been absolutely no indication of it. Of course anything is possible but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old 2007-10-02, 15:57   Link #2231
Echoes

From where I stand, the main story was wrapped up nicely, and I don't see any reason to really except a second season. Of course it's possible, especially if the DVDs sell well. I think I'll pull my share and buy them when they're available.
Old 2007-10-02, 22:21   Link #2232
Drumm

Hmm I'm reading here about some Dream World for dead contractors, but I think you are getting it wrong. What I see there happening it's the same that happened with Hei and Nick on Ep.12. Hei used without knowing it his real power and it reacted with the meteor fragment that Amber throws to him in a critic moment. The difference between this time and the one with Nick is that now there are conditions inside the gate to provoke a catastrophe (the final stage of the solar maximum). After that, we see a light expanding from the core of the gate (where Hei is) and it engulfs all the city. So Hei really made dissappear Tokyo and Japan. After the explosion he appears in that strange universe created by the meteor fragment, and there he convinces Amber to turn back the time, because he didn't want to destroy everything. He chooses to be either a contractor and a human, instead a contractor or a human, convinced by his old comrades. Amber sacrifices for him on his last use of her power. At last, Hei is brought back to the turned back on time real world by Yin again, like she did in the incident with Nick.
At least this is what I think it happened
Beautiful ending for a 10/10 anime. A bit too opened but very nice.
Cya.
Old 2007-10-03, 04:15   Link #2233
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@Drumm - I was thinking the same thing in regards to the dream sequence.

I loved the ending for DtB, and I rate the overall show very highly. It does help that YinXHei does seem to be the final paring (which I wholly supported), but to be honest I wouldn't have minded a Heix{Yin + Amber + Misaki} ending either.
Old 2007-10-03, 07:39   Link #2234
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
well, I guess it's because many people want another season because of the... lackluster (IMO) ending.

Personally I'd rate the series 8.5/10, I don't really mind whoever end up with Hei, but the character development for Yin is too lacking, and there are some questionable plot devices and production quality, and the lackluster ending, that's why the 1.5 pts down for the whole series for me. And the ending I'd rate it 6/10.
Old 2007-10-03, 10:56   Link #2235
Maxtro

Wow great series. It wraped most stuff up pretty nicely. But there is still tons of stuff left to do if a second season were to be made as point out by Tworble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post
Spoiler:
Was anybody else expecting Misaki to do a contractor attack on her boss when he grabbed her? It was my impression that everybody in the room when they started to glow, had been given contractor powers. Hei taking the time to save her was still a nice touch.
Old 2007-10-03, 10:58   Link #2236
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Spoiler for :
Old 2007-10-03, 11:00   Link #2237
Messerschmitt_Bf-109
y hello thar

I wonder if Misaki would have arrested him at the end. I still think she had a thing for him and would have let him go.
Old 2007-10-03, 11:00   Link #2238
whodhellknew

The question of why the hell are there massive gates and a blotted out sky is sufficient material for a whole season IMHO, if not an OVA.

In any case, this gets 10/10 from me simply because of the toned down wishy-washiness of the characters.

cheers
Old 2007-10-03, 11:22   Link #2239
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Spoiler for :
Sorry I meant, I thought that they were given contractor powers, would be cool if they were given them. And I was disappointed when Misaki didn't do anything.
Old 2007-10-04, 04:28   Link #2240
ochibi77

Does anyone knows where the ova comes out?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural