AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-04, 22:30   Link #21
zalem

Michel is a nickname. And I wasn't sure whether it was Michael or Mikhail when I came up with the list....I see both used so often. Is there an official source showing it as Michael?

Yeah, the katakana for the name is what made me doubt it was Michael...
Old 2008-07-04, 22:38   Link #22
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Brera is No.1 for me!!!! >////<

I would vote for Alto if Brera didn't appear in the most awesome way in episode 7.
Old 2008-07-04, 23:07   Link #23
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
I think it's Mikhail -> Misha to his friends (familiar form of Mikhail).
Michael is pronounced completely differently, and he would be called Mike or Mikey instead.
Not quite. For both Michael (Me-khay-el not My-khal) and Michel (Me-shea-el), it depends on the pronunciation.

As for the sources I'm drawing the name off of, both ANN and Wiki have it listed as such. They could be wrong though.

Note: Forgive me at my lame attempt to spell out the syllables. I used English equivalents as opposed to Japanese for easier interpreting.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-05, 01:33   Link #24
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Sheryl is #1. Followed by Klein Klein, then Bobby. The Captain of the Quarter wasn't there unless I completely bombed on remembering his name. Alto comes after that. His WTF's the past couple of episodes drops some points.

As does moe Ranka who is now dead last for me, instead of 3rd.

It's no surprise Sheryl is blowing everyone else out of the water. It's also no surprise that Ranka is somewhere in the back with the other lesser characters...
Old 2008-07-05, 02:14   Link #25
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Oh right, why is Captain Jeffrey Wilder not here?

And why is Alto able to challenge the second place position of Klan?

(I noticed she's listed as Klan Klan, but given the minor debate I started on Michel's name, I'd refrain from starting another one. Sigh, character names with ambiguous English spelling... Oooh, that's another favorable sign for MichelxKlan, although it symbolizes how messed up their relationship could be )
Old 2008-07-05, 02:47   Link #26
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Oh right, why is Captain Jeffrey Wilder not here?

And why is Alto able to challenge the second place position of Klan?

(I noticed she's listed as Klan Klan, but given the minor debate I started on Michel's name, I'd refrain from starting another one. Sigh, character names with ambiguous English spelling... Oooh, that's another favorable sign for MichelxKlan, although it symbolizes how messed up their relationship could be )
Captain Jeffrey Wilder deserves a place on this poll. His sexual harrassment with the bridge bunny in episode 6 was epic.
Old 2008-07-05, 10:29   Link #27
zalem

Ah, the captain Jeffrey Wilder! Forgot about him. I suppose he should be added there too.
Old 2008-07-05, 10:52   Link #28
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

No kidding, if Howard Glass is on that list, why isn't Jeffrey

Looking at the list, I have spotted the Pixie squad. Funny, now that I think about it. Nene is like the most un-Meltran Meltran...

- Tak
Old 2008-07-05, 11:00   Link #29
hirahira
a duck is fine too

Ranka gets no love ;_;

I voted for Ranka and Klan Klan
Old 2008-07-05, 11:30   Link #30
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

How could they not like Ranka
She is the ultimate cuttie >_< i know sherly is hot and everything but Ranka is cut XXD

Last edited by King Lycan; 2008-07-05 at 11:43.
Old 2008-07-05, 11:38   Link #31
herbert

Voted Sheryl, and Sheryl only.

Well, it's because I didn't know I could cast more than one vote.

If I can revote, I want to add Klan Klan, Canaria and Ozma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post

She is the ultimate cuttie >_< i know sherly is hot and everything but Ranka is cut XXD
You may look around other threads to see why most people not like her.

By the way, your choice is stranger in majority's point of view. You didn't vote Sheryl.

Edit: the main reasons of most of us vote a character are not about if the character in question is hot or not, especially Sheryl. Sheryl in deculture ver. is as hot as she is in rest of series, but most Sheryl fans now weren't Sheryl fans back then.

Last edited by herbert; 2008-07-05 at 11:53.
Old 2008-07-05, 11:52   Link #32
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Sheryl an klan FTW !!!
Old 2008-07-05, 12:03   Link #33
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Edit: the main reasons of most of us vote a character are not about if the character in question is hot or not, especially Sheryl. Sheryl in deculture ver. is as hot as she is in rest of series, but most Sheryl fans now weren't Sheryl fans back then.
Yeah, Sheryl's popularity has only gone up since the series began so anyone who thinks her looks are the main reason (though they still obviously play a part) for Sheryl's massive popularity are just deluding themselves.

And yeah as a Day 1 Sheryl fan Star Date was the clear breakthrough episode for Sheryl's popularity on most English forums from what I've seen. The 5-7 batch of episodes has turned a lot of people from thinking "I can't stand her, she's a bitch" to "Sheryl's such an awesome character now!". And it seems 12-13 has only made her more popular even though she's in the backseat...
Old 2008-07-05, 12:25   Link #34
hai_san

comment about current state

Obviously Sheryl is no.1

i am wondering Alto and Klein(she is better the main male cast?) sharing the 2nd spot with Ranka only coming 3rd/4th only? (come on where are the loli moe lovers?)

Ozma is badass and why is there only 2 vote for Grace? guys she is hot + currently "da main villain"!

btw i voted Sheryl&Alto&Ranka&Ozma&Grace and lastly Nanase
Old 2008-07-05, 12:43   Link #35
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
I'm a girl, so Ranka being "cute" or Sheryl being "hot" doesn't matter much to me (actually the moe/loli thing works against Ranka if anything). It's all about personality and for that I choose Sheryl.
Old 2008-07-05, 12:45   Link #36
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Well, before ep 5 there's also people that thought Sheryl's a bitch because of her gaudy, revealing clothes and mature design o___O However, it's her personality that convinced them otherwise.

Can't deny that Ranka's moe look is one of many things that turn me off. Who can say that she's the same age as Nanase and one year younger than Sheryl who are certainly not flat? It's an unnecessarily exaggerated cuteness I think, not mention unrealistic. Either that or she's suffering from rickets.

Only one good thing is that that look suits her personality (that also doesn't grow much).

And did I mention those weird green ears... err, hairs? They look better on my puppy.
Old 2008-07-05, 12:45   Link #37
herbert

Perhaps Loli moe lovers vote for Klan Klan? I'm quite surprised by low vote counts on Brera and Nanase(espeically Nanase).

Edit: it seems some people had read and replied to that part I erased , so I try to get them back.

Old days are terrible. Not because of fewer Sheryl fans but of too many complaints on Sheryl made before an attempt to understand her actions. Sheryl had me at 'silly child' comment but it became an evident of cowardness and selfishness in some's eyes.

Last edited by herbert; 2008-07-05 at 13:08.
Old 2008-07-05, 12:52   Link #38
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sheryl had me @ "Strawberry Pie" though her parting shot which owned Alto in episode 3 after their more even earlier exchange made me like her even more.

I'm also a bit surprised at the low vote turnout for Nanase... Macross World seems to be an exception really... I mean in a one vote only poll Nanase was ahead of Ranka for 2-3 weeks and is now only 2 votes behind.. here where you can vote for as many people as you want Ranka is 10 and Nanase 2.

And yes herbert the old days was fun, lmao @ Orion's posts at the start of the Sheryl Nome thread and in the general thread during the 3 month break from Deculture to Spring Season. Stuff like "She's too old to get the main character" and "Ranka and Alto will be the final pairing because one has long hair and the other has short" was a riot.
Old 2008-07-05, 12:52   Link #39
zalem

LOL. I totally agreed with her "silly child" comment. In the first episode no one was really a favorite for me. In fact, I didn't really like anyone at all except for perhaps Sheryl....who I was actually really uncertain about, but saw great potential in as a character.
Old 2008-07-05, 12:55   Link #40
Tsuchiro

I liked Sheryl for the first two words that came out of her mouth in the Deculture ver. ~strawberry pie~
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite