AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-01, 01:05   Link #2781
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Is there any translation available for this yet? I know there was one going a while back but heard they quit. I've had this game sitting around for a year and a half now and am dying to play it but my knowledge of Japanese is currently limited to extremely basic Hiragana.
according to Frank first patch (probably the prologue ~50% of a route, which is about 10% of the game) will be released on 7-Dec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaxxmintpie View Post
Exactly what I needed, thanks very much
translation library is pretty outdated on some of the projects; an alternative place to check will be the off-site projects page on TLWiki
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 06:19   Link #2782
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Do you perhaps understand Japanese well enough to get the overall story? If so would you be so kind as to fill me in?
Spoiler for plot:

And yes, I agree. The happy ending somehow felt just right.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 11:54   Link #2783
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
slave maker 3
I agree with this being one of my favorite Ero-Games at the current moment, can't think of any others though...
Old 2010-12-09, 17:17   Link #2784
Soviet

Soooo, I thought about playing Muv Luv Alternative since I have heard only good things about it. And it has Mechas, that's always a plus. Do I really have to play through Muv Luv first? Because I'm 3 hours into Extra and I don't think I can take this anymore, it's so bad. And why did I have to apply the translation patch to make the install work?

I don't think I'll even bother with Alternative if Muv Luv is a must. Baldr Sky DiveX is calling for me and yet I am stuck playing this dreck. Halp?
Old 2010-12-09, 17:28   Link #2785
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Soooo, I thought about playing Muv Luv Alternative since I have heard only good things about it. And it has Mechas, that's always a plus. Do I really have to play through Muv Luv first? Because I'm 3 hours into Extra and I don't think I can take this anymore, it's so bad. And why did I have to apply the translation patch to make the install work?

I don't think I'll even bother with Alternative if Muv Luv is a must. Baldr Sky DiveX is calling for me and yet I am stuck playing this dreck. Halp?
No you don't Muv Luv Alternative is as the title says and alternate universe..........I believe.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 18:32   Link #2786
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post

You should play at least Sumika and Meiya's routes in Extra (you can pretty much just skip through the other's route because they're nearly identical except for the ending, pretty much.) Then you can play Unlimited, which is much better and a lot more interesting than Extra. Personally, I was okay with Extra and played through all the routes, but then again, I kinda have lower expectations than most people when it comes to VNs.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 07:54   Link #2787
Soviet

Well, I guess skipping the essential routes in Extra with the almighty Ctrl-key to unlock Unlimited might not be too bad.
Old 2010-12-11, 13:55   Link #2788
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Dies Irae is proving pretty good so far....

Getchu can't be accessed? Works fine for me....
Old 2010-12-11, 15:56   Link #2789
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Getchu can't be accessed? Works fine for me....
That's really old news now. They restored access not too long after (around the same time as they restructured the site to have the Adult content in its own isolated section).
Old 2010-12-12, 06:51   Link #2790
Nikkan

Playing Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, 恋と選挙とチョコレート

I'm not really a fan of school/romance theme but the pretty art got me.
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 15:53   Link #2791
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan View Post
Playing Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, 恋と選挙とチョコレート
[...]

I'm not really a fan of school/romance theme but the pretty art got me.
I finished this game a few weeks ago, and I definitely like the art (though I have to admit that it's not totally consistent throughout). I also quite liked the story as well (back when I was in High School, I was actually in Student Council, so it's a bit nostalgic... though this is very dramatized). I'm not sure if I'd exactly recommend it to someone who isn't a fan of school/romance themed works... but yeah, it's worth a look at least for the unique art style. The story surprised me with a fair bit of drama, which ranged a bit in nature (I found some twists interesting, and others a bit silly to be honest). But anyway... not really much to this rambling post except to say that I did finish this game recently, and I rather liked it. Was worth my time for sure, but as always, individual mileage may vary.
Old 2010-12-18, 16:23   Link #2792
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I played Bible Black and Tsuki - Possession. They both left a bad impression for me especially Bible Black....
I played Shuffle! It's good but I am annoyed that all heroines love the protagonist from the very beginning and there's nothing much to do in the whole game.
My most favorite one so far is Tsukihime. I'd prefer JRPG with dating sims element than this though.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 18:23   Link #2793
Seihai
スマイリウム

Narcissu was one of my first. Well, it wasn't ero but it was beautiful anyway... need to play it again sometime.
Then... Wanko to Kurasou, it was a very sweet game for starters. The final events for Mikan had me tearing up.
Majipuri - Wonder Cradle I also played. I was kinda fascinated by how the OP was animated back then. lol
Long break inbetween, then restarted up with Kisaragi Gold Star. Haven't actually finished it yet.
I got Zettai ★ Imouto Genri Shugi!! for obvious reasons, but having noticed there was a yandere route I just had to go through it. Bloody ending, crazed sister... dang.

Planned on going at fortissimo:Akkord//Bsusvier but seeing how there will be an expansion (yes, with voices!) I might as well wait. Seriously though, the graphics and music really got me. From what I know the story's quite solid as well. I can already see it being awesome as an anime adaption.
Old 2010-12-19, 00:40   Link #2794
Nihokon

I'd have to say my favorite at the moment is saya no uta. Oh man, it assaults my senses with gore images and distorted moanings <_<
However, my favorite so far is the doujin game by Tomo Kataoka, Narcissu. Its beautifulness just makes me want to read it again and again
Clannad is great, too. I like all the routes and after story except Kyou's and Tomoyo's route. Well, because those two routes have a pretty standard romance story (and didn't make me cry).
Nihokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 00:46   Link #2795
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I finished this game a few weeks ago, and I definitely like the art (though I have to admit that it's not totally consistent throughout). I also quite liked the story as well (back when I was in High School, I was actually in Student Council, so it's a bit nostalgic... though this is very dramatized). I'm not sure if I'd exactly recommend it to someone who isn't a fan of school/romance themed works... but yeah, it's worth a look at least for the unique art style. The story surprised me with a fair bit of drama, which ranged a bit in nature (I found some twists interesting, and others a bit silly to be honest). But anyway... not really much to this rambling post except to say that I did finish this game recently, and I rather liked it. Was worth my time for sure, but as always, individual mileage may vary.
I felt Koichoco was ok. Some routes were better than others, but some of the plot twists were kinda out of nowhere (getting into slapstick territory...). Isara is such a good girl. Also, there's really not that much of election in some routes and chocolate isn't really that important...
Old 2010-12-19, 11:52   Link #2796
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Also, there's really not that much of election in some routes and chocolate isn't really that important...
Actually... I see what you're saying, but I think that's not quite right...

Spoiler for About "Election" and "Chocolate":
But of course, as I said, YMMV on the story. I liked it well enough, though I agree that some of the plot twists were a bit silly.
Old 2010-12-19, 17:23   Link #2797
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Actually... I see what you're saying, but I think that's not quite right...

Spoiler for About "Election" and "Chocolate":
But of course, as I said, YMMV on the story. I liked it well enough, though I agree that some of the plot twists were a bit silly.
Spoiler for Koichoco:
Old 2011-01-11, 08:40   Link #2798
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ok, just started playing Acta est Fabula..... Much much better than the original Dies Irae.

And above all.....RUSALKA X LOTUS WWWWW
Old 2011-04-09, 16:41   Link #2799
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Darn it... after playing MUV-LUV Unlimited I can safely say that it's the best VN I played so far. Don't know why I never picked it up before, guess I was just lazy or missed when the fan translation was announced. But I hate those bittersweet endings and this one is no different. Screw you ''age'', why didn't you make happy-ever after scene for a boneless wimps like myself? I feel like someone close to me died now... so depressing...

Started a bit Alternative (pure awesomeness but...) and I just had to stop. My heart just won't take it. I just checked all the info and spared myself another agony...
Old 2011-04-09, 17:16   Link #2800
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

If I'm right Alternative is the single highest-ranked game on erogamescape, and yes I've read spoiler bits and it's heavy and hits hard.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel