AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-08, 03:47   Link #1541
Who

Ask, and thou shalt receive. Two dual wielding animation fixes (take your pick):

http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=248
http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1987
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 03:51   Link #1542
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Is anyone having problems with random but steady "crashes to desktop without a message or warning"? I can count on it happening at least once in any given few hours, usually on some event trigger (zoning, combat start, leveling, combat finish, etc).

Basically, the screen blinks and I'm back at desktop.... which is annoying if the auto-save or manual save has been a while back. Heading to the troubleshooting forums for clues...
I cannot enter Chillbone Passage because the game crashes-to-desktop every time I do so. I have read a bit about this and it seems I am not the only one unable to enter this particular place.

From there on out, I get the crash at random. Sometimes 3 hours after playing and othertimes within minutes after starting. Strangely enough, it is hapenning exactly as it did with Dragon Age: Origins, where my friend and I played fine for days never getting the crash, only to suddenly suffer constantly from it later on.

Quote:
I am running with the 4GB mod (8GB of RAM) and a collection of texture/mesh mods but it was doing this before I ever put any mods in.
I also read that there's going to be another patch in december after this one (don't know if it's true) and it may relate to this and the crashes-to-desktop problem.
Old 2011-12-08, 06:13   Link #1543
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The only problem I've encountered after 1.3 is that my bugged bookshelf is still bugged.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 10:06   Link #1544
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hmm, okay, so let me get this straight... I can't actually give the message to the Jarl of Whiterun from General Tullius as long as I keep Ohdahviing in chains and not do Skuldafn? Drat. Oh well, that means I'll do the other sidequests then.
Old 2011-12-08, 14:23   Link #1545
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I cannot enter Chillbone Passage because the game crashes-to-desktop every time I do so. I have read a bit about this and it seems I am not the only one unable to enter this particular place.

From there on out, I get the crash at random. Sometimes 3 hours after playing and othertimes within minutes after starting. Strangely enough, it is hapenning exactly as it did with Dragon Age: Origins, where my friend and I played fine for days never getting the crash, only to suddenly suffer constantly from it later on.

I also read that there's going to be another patch in december after this one (don't know if it's true) and it may relate to this and the crashes-to-desktop problem.
I had a similar issue in DA:O as well.... sometimes play for days no problem, sometimes for minutes, then boom-dump-desktop. Not even a "Application has encountered a problem" message (and that was before I upgraded my hardware). It just screams "software problem - unhandled exception" to me.
Yeah, the 4GB mod solved problems with audio stuttering and visual glitching I would get after a couple of hours of play (those don't happen at all with the memory mod). But the crashes were happening since I first installed a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-12-08 at 14:33.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 15:10   Link #1546
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

I gotta ask, how do people get the enchantments for fortify smithing in boots armor and circlets ? i have fortify smithing but i can only apply it to gloves, necklaces and rings...
Old 2011-12-08, 15:24   Link #1547
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/E...g_%28Skyrim%29

See armor enchantments.
Old 2011-12-08, 16:39   Link #1548
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

How to be an insanely awesome unarmed BADASS viking, with BADASS NSFW instructions:

I've had 100 enchant and smiting for a long time but never abused and enchanted anything to keep the difficulty up in the game. But now, I'm going to do the loop and enchant solely on Dedric Gauntlets just to go be an unarmed BADASS.

Old 2011-12-08, 18:49   Link #1549
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

... I cannot believe I glossed over that fists of steel perk before. That's some seriously insane damage potential at low levels.

brb, rerolling.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 19:02   Link #1550
Nixl

Spoiler for Fisting Badass:

No one wants to be a walrus T_T
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 19:37   Link #1551
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

That is epic.

brb, rerolling.
Old 2011-12-09, 06:27   Link #1552
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
How to be an insanely awesome unarmed BADASS viking, with BADASS NSFW instructions:

-snip-

I've had 100 enchant and smiting for a long time but never abused and enchanted anything to keep the difficulty up in the game. But now, I'm going to do the loop and enchant solely on Dedric Gauntlets just to go be an unarmed BADASS.
That was bloody awesome and hilarious!
Old 2011-12-09, 07:09   Link #1553
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

That's some unique build,wondering how it fair with Master difficulty through....
Old 2011-12-09, 07:48   Link #1554
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

Look like..you are a boxer..awesome!

I am the only one that for kill the person in all quest of Dark Brotherhood used a power the werewolf?

Like when i have to kill the new bride..i watched them from the top of the castle,then hidden,i turned into a werewolf..and kill the bride...
Old 2011-12-09, 12:04   Link #1555
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

For everyone's who's going to try being an unarmed BADASS, it seems like upgrading your gloves will not add extra damage, the perk uses base armour of the gloves.

So instead get the fortify unarmed enchantment on a ring and gloves.

Well,
Spoiler for Warning, if you really want to do huge damage and basically break the game:

EDIT: Oh and hilariously slightly related:

Old 2011-12-09, 15:44   Link #1556
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Apparently the angry screams about no-warning crash-to-desktops have gotten very loud (it gets worse the more time invested it seems) and post 1.3 Bethesda is saying they'll have 4GB aware patch coming out 'real soon now maybe next week'.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...241857&page=21
Old 2011-12-09, 15:55   Link #1557
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I have one question , is it possible to upgrade heavy armor with 1 armor part or i have to be full heavy armor ? Does it affect the xp gains if they are only 1 part or ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 16:38   Link #1558
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Apparently the angry screams about no-warning crash-to-desktops have gotten very loud (it gets worse the more time invested it seems) and post 1.3 Bethesda is saying they'll have 4GB aware patch coming out 'real soon now maybe next week'.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...241857&page=21
Yep, that's pretty much the same rumor I heard too. Hopefully, this will fix the crashes somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I have one question , is it possible to upgrade heavy armor with 1 armor part or i have to be full heavy armor ? Does it affect the xp gains if they are only 1 part or ?
At one point in the game, I was using only heavy armor with a single piece of the thieves set. After being attacked a few times, I started to upgrade light armor instead of heavy. Don't know if there's a way to manipulate this, but it is certainly possible to upgrade one type of armor with a single piece of it equipped.
Old 2011-12-09, 17:03   Link #1559
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ I wear horned scaled armor with dragonplate parts, I leveled up both heavy and light.
Old 2011-12-09, 17:58   Link #1560
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok will try it. I'm already 100 on light armor , i just need the heavy.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim