Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 15:26   Link #4221
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
But that's the same scene.
Then what was the point of your reply?
Quote:
Yeah...naahhh, Kira couldn't be, I mean he imagined Fllay instead of Lacus during that one scene!
It doesn't matter who he was imagining. Kira cried at the time because that's how he is when he feels sad.

Spoiler:
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 23:54   Link #4222
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Off topic kinda, but I'm not much of a Lacus fan. Or rather, I'm not a fan of the FULL UNDERSTANDING I'M PURE BEING OF GOODNESS version of Lacus. I liked the airhead ditzy Lacus from the early episodes.

But there was one moment in Destiny where she's trying on sexy cloths for Kira, and she keeps asking how him how she looks, and all he says is "good". To which Lacus replies with "That's what you always say" while making a funny face.

I thought thats pretty funny.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 00:29   Link #4223
Destined_Fate

Makes sense, Lacus was always the pure girl compared to wild and sexy Flay. Not like it would have lead to anything since they're waiting for marriage or something... Even if neither says that's the case or that they're planning on marriage.

Even Athrun was planning on getting hitched with Cagalli before those two and they had the ring far longer.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 09:43   Link #4224
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Remember the scene in HD Remaster 26 where you might as well change Nicol's name to Greedo?

Old 2012-08-30, 11:11   Link #4225
I Fail at Life

Episode 37 needs to come out NOW!. Cause this topic is just So this argument can ''Cry Me a Riverrr ohh ,Cry Me A Riverrr ohh, Cry me A Riverrr ohh'' Justin Timberlake Voice
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 19:58   Link #4226
Destined_Fate

Eh, chill out. Flay having fans isn't new, they just weren't as vocal when it mattered all those years ago.
Old 2012-08-30, 23:04   Link #4227
hero147

Episode 37 aired and oh wow, in most of the frames the gundams look so much sleeker and much better. Most notably, most of the buster's and the strike's (of course) animation had been revamped with a couple going to the freedom and the justice. Though some frames remain the same, so it does sometimes feel like the animation goes up and down throughout the battles. But I know money isn't unlimited and I do like it over the original.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 23:49   Link #4228
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Episode 37 aired and oh wow, in most of the frames the gundams look so much sleeker and much better. Most notably, most of the buster's and the strike's (of course) animation had been revamped with a couple going to the freedom and the justice. Though some frames remain the same, so it does sometimes feel like the animation goes up and down throughout the battles. But I know money isn't unlimited and I do like it over the original.
Good to hear. Can't wait to watch those battle scenes ^^.
Old 2012-08-31, 00:29   Link #4229
monster

Cagalli sure does know how to ruin a good moment, once in a while.

EDIT: Oh, the different soundtracks were very nice this episode, especially the instrumental when Kira and Athrun faced each other.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 01:32   Link #4230
Aquaman OS

They're really going all out. Alot of stuff was redone (and this battle was actually fairly stock footage free in the original since it was Freedom and Justice's first real battle and most of their usual footage hadn't been made yet) including Buster and even the Astray girls got some stuff redone.

Of course they also added the "Freedom/SF barrel rolls and fires railguns" stock footage that actually debuted in Destiny and was used like 20 times. But I guess you can't win them all.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 02:13   Link #4231
I Fail at Life

The ''Freedom Barrel Roll'' Was first used in episode 38 of the original not Destiny
Old 2012-08-31, 05:41   Link #4232
Destined_Fate

Good to hear that things are looking better, the jokes that they're still using stock images but remastered the Flay sex scene were pretty annoying.
Old 2012-08-31, 05:58   Link #4233
I Fail at Life

Destined Fate. Are you even watching the remaster or just hear to be negative all the time
Old 2012-08-31, 06:06   Link #4234
Destined_Fate

Of course I'm watching it, SEED has its faults but this was before Kira was tainted by his Destiny antics so it's still worth rewatching since they're going through the effort. Besides, if enough interest is shown in this than SEED Destiny will logically follow through to milk the cash cow and it could use a number of changes.
Old 2012-08-31, 06:58   Link #4235
I Fail at Life

Im talking about the content of the episodes not Kira,yet you still bring him up. And regarding Destiny,aint no guarantee its getting a Remaster because its Destiny.No telling what its popularity, interest or reception would still be like in japan when that time rolls around
Old 2012-08-31, 07:12   Link #4236
Destined_Fate

And I already answered your question, I do watch it. I'm not talking out my ass here if that's what you're implying.

If the SEED remaster does well than there's no reason they wouldn't do a Destiny one, Destiny has quirks but it was still pretty popular and they know it would sell regardless of Shinn getting hated on by some vocal fans who don't really matter considering the majority liked Shinn for the most part. Especially the Shinn x Lunamaria ship which they went rabid for years ago and still care about(Though the wedding between the VA's really helped boost the popularity of it after Destiny was long over).

Destiny also has been getting the spotlight in games like G Gen and SRW so the desire for it, in Japan at least, is still very strong. They even had a GSD game made for the Vita so it's by no means dead over there.

Over here in the West though the desire is far less since it isn't being thrown in our faces anymore while in Japan it's everywhere.
Old 2012-08-31, 08:20   Link #4237
I Fail at Life

And im just saying if it has no relation to kira don't bring him up,im passed this.

Of course Shin would be popular at some point,but still to this day?

Shin x Lunamaria still relevant

''Now and Later"
Old 2012-08-31, 09:08   Link #4238
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Hell, they are married in real life.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 10:45   Link #4239
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Shinn did good in polls in the early day's of Destiny. But don't think he ever reached the no.1 position. Kira was No.1 throughout (And after) Destiny for the most part.

Actually, from 2003 till 2008 the no.1 spot was primarily held by three characters.

2002 - 2003 Kira (Seed)
2003 - 2004 Edward (FMA)
2004 - 2006 Kira (Destiny)
2006 - 2008 Lelouch (Code Geass)

* Before Kira made made his debute in Destiny, Athrun held the no.1 spot for a while. However Shinn was in the top 5.

*Between the first season and the second season of Code Geass, 00 toke over, but Lelouch remained the most populair character.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-08-31 at 11:33.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 11:22   Link #4240
Destined_Fate

Quote:
And im just saying if it has no relation to kira don't bring him up,im passed this.

''Now and Later"
You didn't read, I'm watching SEED because Kira was quirky in it but he wasn't the jerk that he was in Destiny. Most of those jerk moments could easily be washed away from Kira in a Remaster just like Kira is getting a good hand-washing in the SEED Remaster. Might as well go out since no matter what they do he will always be known as Kira "Jesus" Yamato.

Yes he is still popular to this day. Not as popular as Setsuna or Banagher, who are more recent, but still popular nonetheless. The fact that Shinn has been showcased as a main character in recent popular games(Like SRW) has really helped to keep him very relevant in Japan.

Yes they are still relevant, never underestimate the power of the shipping fanbase. The VA Marriage though helped matters, it was like validating the shippers greatest desires.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep