AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-02, 16:15   Link #2981
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Shame in which sense? Perhaps I phrased things poorly, but if you liked Sana in the original game, I think you'll definitely like her in the PSP game (this is the biggest response I've seen on sites like egs as well). I thought they made her even more relate-able in her route as some of the reasons behind her character were explained. But if you mean shame as in "shame she didn't have a route in the original game", then yes...
I don' have much more time, so I'll make it brief - yes, I did like her character, and it's too bad I can't play it on the PSP because I don't have one (and don't intend on having). Basing from your message, it seems they gave her a good route, which is nice. Is it ever touched on the reason why she dislikes boys so much? I mean she mellows in the original routes towards the other protagonists and the others somewhat, but it was never explained, even in the senpai route, which focused on her character more than the others. I'm guessing that problem's resolved because the both do fall in love and all, but I digress. I personally feel like it's bad taste to make up some bizarre background just to have her fit into the story. (yes, I'm looking at you, Miki, of koiiro, you damn miko-from-out-of-left-field)
Old 2011-11-02, 16:42   Link #2982
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Is it ever touched on the reason why she dislikes boys so much? I mean she mellows in the original routes towards the other protagonists and the others somewhat, but it was never explained, even in the senpai route, which focused on her character more than the others. I'm guessing that problem's resolved because the both do fall in love and all, but I digress. I personally feel like it's bad taste to make up some bizarre background just to have her fit into the story. (yes, I'm looking at you, Miki, of koiiro, you damn miko-from-out-of-left-field)
Fear not -- suffice it to say that it's not only explained, but it's the central topic of her route, and it actually isn't solved just by falling in love (though of course that plays a role). A few days ago I posted a really brief summary here, though I'm planning to finish a more-detailed summary at some point.

(I'm still hoping that they might do a PC "port-back" of mutsu-no-hana at some point, given that Palette staff wrote the story for the PSP game anyway. At the very least, I hope for a fandisk in light of the anime.)
Old 2011-11-02, 17:07   Link #2983
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Some anime that were eroge adaptions ended getting a fan disc or an all ages remake. Recent examples would be: Ef had a "pleasurable box" fandisc last year, Oretsuba got an all ages version a few months ago, Hoshikaka is getting a fandisc next year in february. Who knows, maybe Pallete will release a fandisc in the future.
In the mean time, i am waiting for Pallete's next work that is going to be released by the end of november: Hare Tokidoki Otenki Ame

Last edited by hyl; 2011-11-02 at 17:11. Reason: typos
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 03:42   Link #2984
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Hoshizora no Memoria
Just finished Hoshizora no Memoria.
Noticed the game when I saw it on the VN translation update report on 4ch. I have read quite a few positive and some negative remarks about the game, so decided to give it a shot after finding a chinese patch for it. There might be an upcoming english translation but people claim it to be a troll project.
Since I have only been playing english translated eroges which are mostly dated, this is probably the best looking game I have played so far. The music was also very well done.

Spoiler for Contain spoilers:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 05:36   Link #2985
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Hoshizora no Memoria
Just finished Hoshizora no Memoria.
Noticed the game when I saw it on the VN translation update report on 4ch. I have read quite a few positive and some negative remarks about the game, so decided to give it a shot after finding a chinese patch for it. There might be an upcoming english translation but people claim it to be a troll project.
Since I have only been playing english translated eroges which are mostly dated, this is probably the best looking game I have played so far. The music was also very well done.
I'll take you up on it. The music was quite good.

Spoiler for All routes:

@previously-mentioned Diamic Days: It was the first title from Lump of Sugar I played, so I didn't really know what to expect. I felt the pacing was its main issue. You have Ren for most of the game completely indifferent to the ladies and as soon as he became aware of the mystery called love it happend in "rapid" succession as he became the "perfect lover". Tokiha was my favorite character, though. Her calm and slow speech pattern was quite fitting.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 08:00   Link #2986
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenken View Post
Hey, people it seems that Project Dawn made a poll for future project translation:

-Shin Koihime Musou Moeshouden
-Galaxy Angel II
-Muv-Luv: Altered Fable
-Nursury Rhyme
-Dies Irae

Vote for the VN that you think need, or want, to be translated.

http://project-dawn.webs.com/

I put this here because it seems apropiate, sorry if I was wrong.
Dies Irae needs more love....Like really needs more love.

Quote:
The Japanese in DI is pretty damn hard and it's ridiculously long. Nothing worse than a TL project that gets stuck in limbo forever.
Well that is true....but damn it's just so good it's worth the risk....IMO KKK is nicer though by a slight margin...
Old 2011-11-03, 13:20   Link #2987
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

urg, I REALLY cannot stand koihime mosou...
Turning three kingdoms into a VN to me is like.... a VN with Albert Einstein, Issac Newton, Galileo, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs that is feminized...

Whenever you date Einstein-chan I bet you cannot get this img out of your head:
Spoiler for size:

(Newton-chan and Jobs-chan would also be best friends because they both love apples....)
Old 2011-11-03, 18:18   Link #2988
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Have u guys played that brother incest eroge?
Old 2011-11-03, 20:21   Link #2989
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
I think you'll have to be a bit more specific if you want people to know what you're talking about.
Old 2011-11-03, 20:30   Link #2990
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
I know of no incest...
Old 2011-11-03, 20:38   Link #2991
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Yeah, the first link lol
Damn, didn't think that there were so many of these.

Well, the only eroge I played was Maou no Senjou, and I'll give these a try. Thanks C:
Old 2011-11-03, 20:51   Link #2992
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
They dont exist.

I'm taking of since I haven't played it yet
Old 2011-11-03, 21:13   Link #2993
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Yeah, the first link lol
Damn, didn't think that there were so many of these.

Well, the only eroge I played was Maou no Senjou, and I'll give these a try. Thanks C:
'' brother incest eroge '' makes it sound like brother x brother -_-
Old 2011-11-03, 21:35   Link #2994
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, the first link lol C:
Ah, so Yosuga no Sora. If you're wondering what it's like, probably the best thing to do is to watch the anime first, which gives a pretty good idea. The game is pretty much like that (some routes are more faithful than others), but not nearly so time-compressed (obviously). I'd say the biggest selling point of the game is probably the art & setting, along of course with Sora herself (who would probably make most lists of "famous imouto characters in eroge").
Old 2011-11-03, 23:04   Link #2995
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
They dont exist.

I'm taking of since I haven't played it yet
A rude awakening of the amount of incestuous games I have played in my life -_-;
Old 2011-11-04, 00:40   Link #2996
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Ah, so Yosuga no Sora. If you're wondering what it's like, probably the best thing to do is to watch the anime first, which gives a pretty good idea. The game is pretty much like that (some routes are more faithful than others), but not nearly so time-compressed (obviously). I'd say the biggest selling point of the game is probably the art & setting, along of course with Sora herself (who would probably make most lists of "famous imouto characters in eroge").
I see. Most times the opposite happens, VN first anime later(Yes, I'm looking at you Umineko). I gotta finish some gaems first though then I shall jump into this... incest fest... muwuwhahah
thanks for the recommendation.
Old 2011-11-04, 00:49   Link #2997
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I see. Most times the opposite happens, VN first anime later(Yes, I'm looking at you Umineko). I gotta finish some gaems first though then I shall jump into this... incest fest... muwuwhahah
thanks for the recommendation.
Oh -- to be clear, the Visual Novel definitely did come first, and the anime is an adaptation of it. Just that if you want to know what the game is like, you can watch the anime now for a sort of "quick summary" (or if you've already seen the anime, then you can expect a similar but expanded experience when you play the game). It's a case where I think the anime did a reasonably good job of capturing the feel of the game (given the constraints).
Old 2011-11-04, 01:29   Link #2998
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

More to enjoy

The first is a personal favorite for me. Though, each (w)incest-types deal always with at least two "drama" aspects.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 01:32   Link #2999
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I tried Eroge and Visual novels just to see to compare the animated versions of that game. I played alot of them (won't name them all) and the art and story interest me even if it is ero and full of wincest at times.
Old 2011-11-04, 01:57   Link #3000
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Of the mentioned, I think I only liked Natsuame. It handled the blood-related tissue with more delicacy and concentrated drama than yosuga, which at some points had full-on drama in a setting that became unbearable towards the end. The former wasn't without its flaws however, because of some routes being somewhat subpar. Tenshin I disregard, since I think it's in an entirely different category. There's Kana, but only if I put on my dusty old nostalgia goggles. Of course, the most recent "imouto" type game I like over the rest was Realimouto (by alcot H).

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel