AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-07-26, 21:26   Link #1
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
Exclamation PLEASE HELP! IMPORTANT! ERASeD COMPUTER!

can someone please help! i downloaded this program called TZ windows system cleaner or something to clean up my computer..but when i used it to clean my computer...i thought my whole computer got earased! all my desktop icons, shortcuts in the startmenu..everything was gone! everything in the startmenu is gone..all my program icons..however..the files are still in my computer..but everything else was gone...
this is a screen shot of the progra,..i clicked all three to delete log files, chk, and temp files...i didn't kno wut they were..so i just clicked them...and when i pressed to clean...it was all gone! T_T
PLEASE help!
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 21:30   Link #2
Hyori

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpinAintEZ
can someone please help! i downloaded this program called TZ windows system cleaner or something to clean up my computer..but when i used it to clean my computer...i thought my whole computer got earased! all my desktop icons, shortcuts in the startmenu..everything was gone! everything in the startmenu is gone..all my program icons..however..the files are still in my computer..but everything else was gone...
this is a screen shot of the progra,..i clicked all three to delete log files, chk, and temp files...i didn't kno wut they were..so i just clicked them...and when i pressed to clean...it was all gone! T_T
PLEASE help!
lol u mean REFORMAT ur comp?? Is that what ur trying to do?? If so, u dont use a program to reformat ur comp, reformatting erases ur whole hardrive even windows, so u have to reinstall windows
Hyori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 21:33   Link #3
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyori
lol u mean REFORMAT ur comp?? Is that what ur trying to do?? If so, u dont use a program to reformat ur comp, reformatting erases ur whole hardrive even windows, so u have to reinstall windows
No...he doesn't mean reformating...

the program is suppossed to get rid of files that are no longer being used...(ie temp files, checkdisk files...etc etc)

did you try restarting your pc to see if the icons came back? cause i don't see how deleting any of those files really messed up your comp like that...

only unless there's some option in the program that is selected by default that deletes things it shouldn't...
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 22:02   Link #4
Shadowlord
~DESU

if you havent used the icons on your desktop for a while, it probably got rid of them, since you haven't been using them.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 00:53   Link #5
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
my advice is NEVER USE PROGRAMS TO CLEAN YOU COMPUTER do it manually
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 01:18   Link #6
PimpinAintEZ

well i tried and turned it off..but none of it came back..i tried restoring..but all the restore dates were deleted also...and the icons on my desktop..i used it often because only ones were my computer,,files for anime, music, kazaa, bittorrent server, and coupple of microsoft word files for hw...
Old 2004-07-27, 03:31   Link #7
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Well Try remaking those shortcuts. If you cant access my computer.

go to start. Run then type this in. "C:" It'll open up a window and just go through program files and find the folders of the programs you want to have a shortcut to your desktop. Btw double click on the ones with a graphic to make sure they open up the program and just make a shortcut to the desktop.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 22:21   Link #8
PimpinAintEZ

can u re make the shortcuts into the start menu? i kno u can do it on to the desktop but can u make a shortcut into the startmenu so it looks normal again>?
Old 2004-07-30, 22:53   Link #9
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Yes

(I have win98 so things "might" be a bit different)

Go into "Windows" and there should be a folder called "Start Menu" and from there you can add the short cuts you want...and if you open up the "Programs" folder...that's where the majority of everything is...so just copy away

I hope that works for you
Old 2004-07-30, 23:06   Link #10
nooc

You can just drag stuff into the start menu. Atleast in xp.
nooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 01:33   Link #11
xargon

maybe the registry got reset? happend to me once. all the files where there, just that the registry was as good as one of a new winxp.
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 08:41   Link #12
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooc
You can just drag stuff into the start menu. Atleast in xp.
You can do that in win98 also...but i find that more of a hassle...cause then you have to drag the icon to the start menu...then drag it along into the programs section...then drag it again to where you want to put it...and it's all fine if it's only a couple things...but for a lot of icons that you want copied it's easier to just open up the folder under windows
Old 2004-07-31, 23:15   Link #13
PimpinAintEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xargon
maybe the registry got reset? happend to me once. all the files where there, just that the registry was as good as one of a new winxp.
hm?? registry? then can i unrest it?
Old 2004-08-01, 01:04   Link #14
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Nope Registry is a little touchy if you know what i mean. If you are not computer savy dont go through it.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 02:37   Link #15
ShadowX114
is my nickname

To get your icons on desktop (at least My Computer), try to right click on ur desktop, then choose Properties. Then go to "Desktop" tab, and click on "Customize desktop". Check on My Computer and the other 3 cases and click OK. I'm using XP so im not sure if its exactly the same with the other OS.

This should bring back My Computer, My Documents, IE and my network places. As you have the My Computer icon, I guess u can check if ur files got deleted or not.
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 22:52   Link #16
PimpinAintEZ

i kno my files aren't deleted...