AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-03-08, 21:19   Link #4981
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
IMO, novels are better than Sigma. But that's just me. I would read the novels, because they go pretty far along in the story, but maybe that isn't what you're looking for.
definitely agree novels are a million times better than sigma. once you read the novels you'll never look back.
Old 2010-03-09, 18:46   Link #4982
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
definitely agree novels are a million times better than sigma. once you read the novels you'll never look back.
Burning One Man Force = Epic ownage? Just the name alone sounds bad ass.
Old 2010-03-09, 20:20   Link #4983
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Burning One Man Force = Epic ownage? Just the name alone sounds bad ass.
oh yeah one of the most epic titles to anything ever. Burning One Man Force's abbreviation BOMF even sounds totally badass
Old 2010-03-10, 09:02   Link #4984
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Yeah BOMF is a pretty great title - and novel.

I was always fond of "The End of Day By Day" title. Plus it's where I feel the FMP! story really kicks into gear.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 19:20   Link #4985
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Yeah BOMF is a pretty great title - and novel.

I was always fond of "The End of Day By Day" title. Plus it's where I feel the FMP! story really kicks into gear.
Yeah. Isn't end of day by day TSR though? I liked it as the anime adaption. Well done.

I can't wait to see the other novels turned into future seasons. Sousuke's GAR level will shoot through the roof. Gonna be EPIC!
Old 2010-03-10, 20:43   Link #4986
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Yeah. Isn't end of day by day TSR though? I liked it as the anime adaption. Well done.

I can't wait to see the other novels turned into future seasons. Sousuke's GAR level will shoot through the roof. Gonna be EPIC!
i know i cant wait either but now its only a matter of time since the novel is well underway the best we can do is expect its release date to fall somewhere in 2010 that way we could possible see new seasong next year.

its always good to ge optimistic.
Old 2010-03-11, 08:00   Link #4987
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Sorry you're right. I loved the titled of The End of Day By Day but I should have said Continuing On My Own is where the story gets serious. The scene where Sousuke and Kaname are chased through the city and everything just keeps turning to shit was very sad.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 08:57   Link #4988
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Sorry you're right. I loved the titled of The End of Day By Day but I should have said Continuing On My Own is where the story gets serious. The scene where Sousuke and Kaname are chased through the city and everything just keeps turning to shit was very sad.
Ever since reading Continuing On My Own I've hoped that it would be adapted as a movie format -- either theatrical or OVA -- rather than as episodes, because after the apartment scene it is nothing but two great, fast-paced action sequences flipping between Tokyo and Merida Island. Reading the book kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish, and it'd be a shame, imo, to break that up with commercials and episode breaks. But what will be will be.
Hussar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 20:25   Link #4989
SkoolRumble4Ya

It's about to be spring when is Gatoh gonna release the novel?
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 22:40   Link #4990
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hussar67 View Post
Ever since reading Continuing On My Own I've hoped that it would be adapted as a movie format -- either theatrical or OVA -- rather than as episodes, because after the apartment scene it is nothing but two great, fast-paced action sequences flipping between Tokyo and Merida Island. Reading the book kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish, and it'd be a shame, imo, to break that up with commercials and episode breaks. But what will be will be.
I would think that if they did make it an anime adaption, they would combine several novels into a season. The first season covered a couple novels. Owaru Day by Day was an exceptionally longer novel, and almost all of it is covered in TSR. I would think they would make DVMC a movie, it's pretty short, so possibly 2 hours? I'd like the rest in episodes, but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Oh gosh. I know it's good to be optimistic about the new novel, but it doesn't seem like it will be coming out any time soon. I always wonder why it takes 50 years to finish writing a light novel, compared to several series of books that come out a lot faster (they're like 700+ pages too), but maybe he's busy. If anyone hears any news about it, we could perhaps have a confirmed release date?
Old 2010-03-14, 16:36   Link #4991
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
It's Gatou. Though he says spring it doesnt mean that thats when it will be. Nor which year actually. Gatou is this bad. So though it originally planned to be released at spring it doesn't mean that thats when it will come.

Gatou sucks at holding schedules, so no one can tell when it really will be released. This spring, this summer, this autumn, next year, who knows - its Gatou you can't be sure until the novel is actually released.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 17:19   Link #4992
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
It's Gatou. Though he says spring it doesnt mean that thats when it will be. Nor which year actually. Gatou is this bad. So though it originally planned to be released at spring it doesn't mean that thats when it will come.

Gatou sucks at holding schedules, so no one can tell when it really will be released. This spring, this summer, this autumn, next year, who knows - its Gatou you can't be sure until the novel is actually released.
There isn't really even confirmation that anything is even happening with the new novel. As far as I've heard, there is no new news.
Old 2010-03-14, 20:55   Link #4993
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
There isn't really even confirmation that anything is even happening with the new novel. As far as I've heard, there is no new news.
if i remember right there was a post a couple of pages back that had a link to his own website/blog that said he was half way through. once again im not 100% sure what page its on or if i was having a really good dream one night where the novel was almost done.
Old 2010-03-14, 23:18   Link #4994
Anye

C'MON GATOU-SAMA T_T I'm so torn, I just read all the translated novels over the weekend. What an epic story!! Why haven't they turned it into a sequel to the anime yet?? I was extremely satisfied with how TSR was done.
Anye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 21:23   Link #4995
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anye View Post
C'MON GATOU-SAMA T_T I'm so torn, I just read all the translated novels over the weekend. What an epic story!! Why haven't they turned it into a sequel to the anime yet?? I was extremely satisfied with how TSR was done.
general thought about this is that the rest hasnt been made into a series is because the novels arent finished yet. but once the final novel is released thats when we hope the final series too tie it all up will be released.
Old 2010-03-18, 07:01   Link #4996
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post

Meh I dont really care as long as its good. I have started writting myself and I can understand the whole deadline limit thing. Sometimes you want to finish it at some point but either you got too many ideas and are trying to see how to put them on paper or sometimes you just dont seem to have any ideas at all so you take more time than you would like to finish a story in order to be to your liking. On top of that, I am sure Gatou has other projects he is working on and multitasking lots of creative works must be tiering.

All in all I hope the last novel blows our minds away
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 18:54   Link #4997
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
Meh I dont really care as long as its good. I have started writting myself and I can understand the whole deadline limit thing. Sometimes you want to finish it at some point but either you got too many ideas and are trying to see how to put them on paper or sometimes you just dont seem to have any ideas at all so you take more time than you would like to finish a story in order to be to your liking. On top of that, I am sure Gatou has other projects he is working on and multitasking lots of creative works must be tiering.

As far as I know, I haven't heard him doing anything grand in the past couple years. As far as I'm concerned, he might just be lazy. Sigma is speeding along already. I don't know what's going on.

I hope the last novel(s) (it is supposed to end in 2) are good as well. Don't need anymore of these depressing endings, so I hope it's a happy one.
Old 2010-03-19, 00:37   Link #4998
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
On top of that, I am sure Gatou has other projects he is working on and multitasking lots of creative works must be tiering.

He doesnt seem to have had any projects for a couple of years already.

He is either busy with other things (not his projects) or he is plain out lazy.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 01:47   Link #4999
FeistyDreams

I'm not sure if it's ended, but he had been working on Tower of Druaga for awhile. Also, he had done some work on Lucky Star and the first Haruhi series, not sure if he's been working on the second. He was also involved in plot work for Infinite Undiscovery (an RPG)... And he started a new project. Released a light novel in November.

...Even though he promised us he wouldn't write anything else until FMP was done, I believe in the DVMC atogaki. ToT

Buuut yeah, he's been keeping busy. And as much as I am impatient for the next book, I have to admit to knowing what it's like to be completely burnt out on a project and needing to work on something different for awhile. Sometimes, if you're stretched too thin on a project, everything you try to make for it becomes crap and you just don't want to release that. Gotta give it time to come back. And everything's been so serious for so long and we know he loves his comedy, it's gotta be hard trying to write so much seriousness for so long. And very few short stories have been coming out, so he must really be jonesing for some silliness...

Well, enough excuses being made for him. *flails and joins in with the wanting the next book ASAP crowd* ^^
Old 2010-03-19, 20:19   Link #5000
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
I'm not sure if it's ended, but he had been working on Tower of Druaga for awhile. Also, he had done some work on Lucky Star and the first Haruhi series, not sure if he's been working on the second. He was also involved in plot work for Infinite Undiscovery (an RPG)... And he started a new project. Released a light novel in November.

...Even though he promised us he wouldn't write anything else until FMP was done, I believe in the DVMC atogaki. ToT

Buuut yeah, he's been keeping busy. And as much as I am impatient for the next book, I have to admit to knowing what it's like to be completely burnt out on a project and needing to work on something different for awhile. Sometimes, if you're stretched too thin on a project, everything you try to make for it becomes crap and you just don't want to release that. Gotta give it time to come back. And everything's been so serious for so long and we know he loves his comedy, it's gotta be hard trying to write so much seriousness for so long. And very few short stories have been coming out, so he must really be jonesing for some silliness...

Well, enough excuses being made for him. *flails and joins in with the wanting the next book ASAP crowd* ^^
The novel that was supposedly going to come out this spring, will most likely come out next summer. I won't mind the wait if the novel is amazing, but I also will not wait for 10 years for the finish of the series. The problem is that if he does not produce anything in the next couple years, fans will simply lose interest.

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen