AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-11-21, 18:41   Link #6121
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Did Keima felt guilty all of a sudden for "playing" around with girls' feelings? I think he did or maybe he's just not used to dealing with the sudden feelings around him? Regardless, I think he harshly rejected Chihiro on purpose to save him and herself from any further hurt in future....or so I want to say. Oh, and Diana/Tenri strikes back. Gimme wings!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 18:45   Link #6122
Elestia

The conclusion to the heartbreak was a bit underwhelming, probably because we don't see Chihiro anymore after Katsuragi's rejection. The chapter might have benefited more if they have continued the drama a bit longer, but Wakaki decided to stop it right away and unsatisfyingly ended the built up tensions and emotions the readers have been investing the past couple of chapters. It was anti-climatic and the pacing could do with some more self-reflection to give readers a break on what has been developing, especially to develop Keima's character and feelings in all of this. Seriously, Keima has been having it rough dealing with all this and he little to no emotional support from Elsie or Haqua. The time when he's alone in the bath had me feeling sympathetic for Keima even after what he did to Chihiro and was trying to do with Ayumi.
Old 2011-11-21, 18:51   Link #6123
lightbringer
M9000

Obviously Keima feels guilty about it, that was to be expected. He's not a robot even if he pretends to be. But did we really need the Diana/Tenri melodrama at this point? All it's gonna do is be some kind of eye-opener for Keima regarding how to resolve the Ayumi/Chihiro situation.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 18:52   Link #6124
ShiroiRyu

That was a good chapter.
I don't liked the end but i really think Keima is hurt ... too.
Old 2011-11-21, 19:25   Link #6125
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

At least Keima survived the "nice boat" route...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 19:29   Link #6126
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I want to know what happens next. But Wakaki should spend more time on depressed Keima. Diana's appearance should only be in the last page of this chapter. Tenri/Diana atm is simply too distracted. But anyway, why school swimsuit? Diana is simply clueless at sex, or simply don't want them to be in any sexual relationship yet?

Back to Chihiro and Keima. God damn it, Keima. Your master plan recovered the situation, but eat away every involved party from the inside, include you. Isn't that basically his Plan B back when he nearly kissed Chihiro. I thought it sounds ridiculous back then, and it's definitely ridiculous now. If that's what he chose, he should just 'attack' Ayumi at full force until the Goddess coming out. Now he put everyone into a difficult spot, and they have to go through the night with it. You lost this game Keima. Your ending will recover some of the affection somehow, but at what we are standing, you lost the game.
Old 2011-11-21, 19:30   Link #6127
Somnus
Eh?

The Diana bit felt horribly misplaced. Honestly as much as I didn't think I would say this, I want a Chihiro end so Keima could make it up to her (assuming the other girls are going to forget everything after the goddesses leave).

Well, it also doesn't help that I finally watched the Chihiro arc in the anime and it was FANTASTIC. I felt nothing for it when I read it in the manga.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 19:42   Link #6128
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
God just found in a glitch in his reallife game, nthn too serious. Dun be worried guys, the next 1-2 chapters should deliver pretty hardcore imo, i'm expecting some epic win Ayumi back arc up next And obv. we'll get a sort of resolution with Chihiro aswell (she might really be the end girl ;_
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 20:05   Link #6129
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Obviously Keima feels guilty about it, that was to be expected. He's not a robot even if he pretends to be. But did we really need the Diana/Tenri melodrama at this point? All it's gonna do is be some kind of eye-opener for Keima regarding how to resolve the Ayumi/Chihiro situation.
No we didn't need that at all.

To be honest I felt absolutely nothing with her at the end, Chihiro had too strong of a hold on me for me to care about the rest of the story.

Hell, it bothers me that she become somewhat of a plot device to develop Keima's character, I really hope they bounce back together somehow.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 20:33   Link #6130
WhiteWings

Well it is too early to tell anything. I did find Chihiro to shine bright so wonderfully for some reason for me to consider her recent arc to be the top 5 in the series.

Diana/Tenri part was kind of a relief from it being too depressing. I found my self cringing in the last two chapters so the mood whiplash was actually a relief.

The Diana/Tenri thing might seem out of place to some but considering that things are happening in a hurry and something is going to happen within the next week (though it might be months before we readers see it through) there really is not many points in which Diana/Tenri enter the picture.

And remember, this whole chaotic series of events that started from Apollo/Kanon has not even been a month in the series 'real-time'.
Old 2011-11-21, 20:33   Link #6131
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Hell, it bothers me that she become somewhat of a plot device to develop Keima's character, I really hope they bounce back together somehow.
My exact sentiments. I really hope Chihiro comes back.

And whats up with Diana jumping on Keima while he is in the bath... Totally out of character.
Old 2011-11-21, 21:09   Link #6132
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

omg... Keima must be frustated... but how can he still can say the conquer is going well??!! I can't find any way to reconcile back with Ayumi and Chihiro

I was trolled by Diana.... damn.... why swimsuit?? lol
I don't know why should Diana-Tenri appear in this time... maybe they will have more impact in the story later... it just feels so random
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 23:50   Link #6133
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Haqua is away, Elsie is away, it seems like only one person can give Keima the comfort he needs and I'm glad its Tenri, I've been wanting to see more of Tenri ever since Diana took more of the spot light. I still hope this manga does not go into the true love route it just leads to too much disappointment in many readers if the character they are support is not the end girl. So reset ending please....

Last edited by BladeEntity; 2011-11-27 at 13:58.
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 00:46   Link #6134
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Heh, good thing I wasn't affect at all by Chihiro's charm unlike so many people here so I'm not freaking out and pulling hairs But I suppose if we REALLY had to sacrifice one girl to heartbreak... I'm okay with the choice... That's all I'm saying... >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
omg... Keima must be frustated... but how can he still can say the conquer is going well??!! I can't find any way to reconcile back with Ayumi and Chihiro
He said the conquer is going well so as to not let her worry.

It's a regular tough guy act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
The Diana/Tenri thing might seem out of place to some but considering that things are happening in a hurry and something is going to happen within the next week (though it might be months before we readers see it through) there really is not many points in which Diana/Tenri enter the picture.
Rather than out of place, I can't believe it took so long for the issue to get addressed.

Actually, I thought Diana had her wings earlier already... Guess not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
And whats up with Diana jumping on Keima while he is in the bath... Totally out of character.
Diana is awkward when it comes to love, so it's not surprising that she would take a direct approach as she probably reasons it to be the fastest way to get things to happen.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-11-22 at 01:13.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 00:48   Link #6135
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Still felt weird getting a Diana scene right after the Chihiro/Ayumi events...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 02:57   Link #6136
Shadow5YA

Unless Diana and Tenri are going to give him a pep talk, this whole fanservice with them seems like a terrible detour that's nothing more than filler.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 06:19   Link #6137
mtarzaim

So Kami dodged the Nice Boat with Chihiro/Ayumi, but fall into it again with a split personnality? Sucks to be God.

Well, not that much, since I wouldn't mind some bath night with Tenri and/or Diana.

Quite surprising to see Diana pulls such a bold move :"If you love me, f*ck my best friend!!". She still stays herself in some ways. Like hell she would let Keima see Tenri naked before marriage.

I was expecting a lot more drama in this chapter. But hey, let's Wakaki get away with this. It isn't like he failed us before.

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 07:51   Link #6138
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Why Keima?? Why??

And Wakiki has to ruin it with appearance of Diana....
Finish the goddamn arc !!!
Leave the bathroom fanservice to Haqua...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 08:15   Link #6139
moridin84
Custom User Title

Just caught up on the last 2 chapters. I'm pretty surprised that it ended up playing out without any interruptions from Vintage.

Tenri/Diana appearing was also surprising but it makes sense. Tenri after all is the only other girl who likes Keima without a 'conquest', she's also a rather nice, sweet, and understanding girl. She's pretty well suited to helping him out.

Elsie talking about rain was a nice touch, what with rain being associated with Chihiro.

I imagine it's a swimsuit because Diana simply could not bring herself to come to him completely naked. She's still an innocent maiden type.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 09:10   Link #6140
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
No we didn't need that at all.

To be honest I felt absolutely nothing with her at the end, Chihiro had too strong of a hold on me for me to care about the rest of the story.

Don't worry, I think (and hope) that Chihiro will have still an important role in the story. It would be a huge waste if the author made her a marginal character.
Her character development has been amazing, and I like her very much since the beginning of the manga. Her conquest arc has always been one of my favorite ones, probably my favorite one, because it was very different from the others, with Keima acting as himself, and Chihiro being so complicated to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nochgo View Post
My exact sentiments. I really hope Chihiro comes back.

No, Diana wasn't out of character. She already assaulted Keima before.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen