Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-08, 23:45   Link #61
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Of course, but the majority of those tends to be of the more superficial sort - ie. fashion, pop music etc., and nothing really as far as serious social issues.

For example, I would say the most successful example of "entertainment" that had "created" a cultural trend in recent years would be the likes of Fox News etc., but even then they're merely feeding and reinforcing an already existing narrative, instead of creating the wave themselves.

Like I said, it ultimately boils down to money, the movie industry is what is is because it's most profitable to be that way, if it suddenly became profitable to push Asian actors in movies, you can bet it'll happen faster than you can blink.
It happened in the past and I am hoping it will happen in the future
Old 2012-11-09, 09:16   Link #62
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Of course, but the majority of those tends to be of the more superficial sort - ie. fashion, pop music etc., and nothing really as far as serious social issues.

For example, I would say the most successful example of "entertainment" that had "created" a cultural trend in recent years would be the likes of Fox News etc., but even then they're merely feeding and reinforcing an already existing narrative, instead of creating the wave themselves.

Like I said, it ultimately boils down to money, the movie industry is what is is because it's most profitable to be that way, if it suddenly became profitable to push Asian actors in movies, you can bet it'll happen faster than you can blink.
With that in mind, one must be glad they didn't put any asians in last airbender.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 11:00   Link #63
hchop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waDFLpGeR-I

Imagine this as the plot of the film.
hchop is offline   Reply With Quote