AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-10, 18:56   Link #2101
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

So in a way his fukoda is still in effect since he'll forever be a pedo?
Old 2014-03-11, 04:10   Link #2102
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy3331 View Post
So in a way his fukoda is still in effect since he'll forever be a pedo?
Well, in-series. If there is ever a time-skip he won't be one. If there isn't one, then yes he will forever be a pedo.
Old 2014-03-11, 08:34   Link #2103
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well, in-series. If there is ever a time-skip he won't be one. If there isn't one, then yes he will forever be a pedo.
even with time skip -_- age gap wise? I still think he will be a pedo
Old 2014-03-11, 09:30   Link #2104
LevelSeven

why pedo??
he experienced cruel stuff over a few thousand years but he didnt 'age' because of that...
it is like a person who was forced to go into hell and 100 years later he shows up and -if he didnt lost his mind- he reacts and speaks like always,

the same applies to touma, he isnt really older as his body, he also forgot most of the stuff, im sure would he really remember on this things he would forget index and stuff, and live a life as vegetable on the ground...

which makes me curious: do you guys know why he didnt forget index and the others??
afterall if he didnt forget about his 'lifes' with the other worlds, shouldnt he forget his normal world?? i dont even know what i watched on TV six days ago, im sure he should have hugh problems with his memorys....
afterall he dont possess a photographic ability like index...
Old 2014-03-11, 10:47   Link #2105
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
why pedo??
he experienced cruel stuff over a few thousand years but he didnt 'age' because of that...
it is like a person who was forced to go into hell and 100 years later he shows up and -if he didnt lost his mind- he reacts and speaks like always,

the same applies to touma, he isnt really older as his body, he also forgot most of the stuff, im sure would he really remember on this things he would forget index and stuff, and live a life as vegetable on the ground...

which makes me curious: do you guys know why he didnt forget index and the others??
afterall if he didnt forget about his 'lifes' with the other worlds, shouldnt he forget his normal world?? i dont even know what i watched on TV six days ago, im sure he should have hugh problems with his memorys....
afterall he dont possess a photographic ability like index...
actually i think it implied that he remembered all the suffering hes been through.

2nd of all, even if he doesn't have a photographic memory, i am pretty sure this isn't exactly something you forget like comparing to a t.v. show you watched 6 days ago.

3rd, i could agree with you on the age thing but he could also be mentally older then hes body maybe.

Last edited by Goldzero; 2014-03-11 at 11:27.
Old 2014-03-11, 11:17   Link #2106
Birdway
Banned

No, his experience might have increased but his mental age still is that of the usual Touma. You'll see how the novel proves me right the next volumes, he'll act the same as always.
Old 2014-03-11, 11:26   Link #2107
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
No, his experience might have increased but his mental age still is that of the usual Touma. You'll see how the novel proves me right the next volumes, he'll act the same as always.
we all know he well act the same. no difference there.
Old 2014-03-11, 11:38   Link #2108
tsunade666

Quote:
which is true and the same time disappointing. I think Kamachi already pointed it out that he will still the same.Which disappoints me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
actually i think it implied that he remembered all the suffering hes been through.
True its also been implied that he remembers them but as a fragments or something he remembers but can't remember? hard to explain but it looks like he remembers some stuff but the others aren't or maybe its just suppressed because of traumatic events. Not sure but at some point I think he is just remembering the core parts of his journey through phases. Which is why some thought he forgets but he remembers but not all or probably the others are being filtered or stored in some part of his brain and remember that before he starts fighting Othinus again. He need to continue through all the hell he'd been through.

its really like a game where you don't have save file when fighting the last boss and you need to play it from the beginning again if you want to end it. But just like playing the game. You will remember the core parts or stuff you've been doing again and again but minor detail or deviation or changes will just past through your memory. It will be stored or forgotten.
Old 2014-03-11, 12:08   Link #2109
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
which is true and the same time disappointing. I think Kamachi already pointed it out that he will still the same.Which disappoints me.

True its also been implied that he remembers them but as a fragments or something he remembers but can't remember? hard to explain but it looks like he remembers some stuff but the others aren't or maybe its just suppressed because of traumatic events. Not sure but at some point I think he is just remembering the core parts of his journey through phases. Which is why some thought he forgets but he remembers but not all or probably the others are being filtered or stored in some part of his brain and remember that before he starts fighting Othinus again. He need to continue through all the hell he'd been through.

its really like a game where you don't have save file when fighting the last boss and you need to play it from the beginning again if you want to end it. But just like playing the game. You will remember the core parts or stuff you've been doing again and again but minor detail or deviation or changes will just past through your memory. It will be stored or forgotten.
We don't if he'll be the same persay. We only know that he won't be completely different, something I wouldn't want to see anyway. Regardless of whatever is going on, based on what he told Will-san he is most likely different in some important ways that will definitely matter here.

I don't think it's as simple as you guys say. Well we'll find out in 2 months... I can't wait for the full summary...
Old 2014-03-11, 12:26   Link #2110
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I think its pretty obvious Touma will remain the same, even the epilogue said so, it isn't just about coming back to his world, but also to truly go back to what Kamijou Touma does best: protecting cute girls by fighting against unbelieveable odds. And he's protecting quite the girl against quite the odds this time.

Unless Touma becomes obssessed with festivals or everyone feels like a superhero by looking at a flag, NT10 should be good old fashioned Index fun. Of course, if Kamachi surprises me, I'll gladly welcome it.
Old 2014-03-11, 12:47   Link #2111
Goldzero

Quote:

i think he just suppresses it since it be too much for hes mind to handle. like surrounding a wall in hes head that prevents letting those certain memories come out.
Old 2014-03-11, 13:04   Link #2112
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
which is true and the same time disappointing. I think Kamachi already pointed it out that he will still the same.Which disappoints me. .
It's said before about other characters(like Mikoto for example mainly because of Dengeki and the otakus) but...

... to be honest I did never expect a change about Touma like him growing out of his "usual" self or becoming as normal as Acqua, I don't have any expectation on Kamachi regarding Touma and his harem life.

Will Touma remain the same? Of course, he never changed to begin with, just some experience that can be brushed off with the next 2 novels.
Do I expect a change? *looks at the series and dengeki way of doing things* lol Nope.

Touma is a self proclaimed normal student so far.
Old 2014-03-11, 13:10   Link #2113
LevelSeven

^^ could also be like a dream where you in random intervals remember on random stuff....

but to be honest i hope that this worlds created more than a convenient carachter development, maybe some mental traumas from his "adventures", like how iron man reacted in iron man 3 , something which shows that he couldnt survive them simply because he is a MC or with friendship or whatever....

it would be more strange to see him without any form of mental scars....
Old 2014-03-11, 13:18   Link #2114
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

What the heck is a "convenient" character development?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-03-11, 13:22   Link #2115
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
It's said before about other characters(like Mikoto for example mainly because of Dengeki and the otakus) but...

... to be honest I did never expect a change about Touma like him growing out of his "usual" self or becoming as normal as Acqua, I don't have any expectation on Kamachi regarding Touma and his harem life.

Will Touma remain the same? Of course, he never changed to begin with, just some experience that can be brushed off with the next 2 novels.
Do I expect a change? *looks at the series and dengeki way of doing things* lol Nope.
I don't know. He changed a lot throughout NT. Saying he didn't change at all is just plainly wrong.

He started being more aware of the bigger picture while at the same time caring about individuals. This is different from before.

The other large change we are seeing is his gradual awareness of his powers, and what they signify. That's an important change as well.

Though, going by the streak Kamachi's been on recently, here's to hoping next volume destroys my expectations yet again. That would be extremely hard to do right now...

The thing is maybe Touma's going to be like normal for now, but even if that is true, I feel like something will change after next volume. In the end, it doesn't matter how much you stay the same internally. If your external situations changes dramatically, you will act differently (if you're pragmatic). This is why I'm sure there will be a change.

Regardless, in that regard Index is probably one of the more realistic series I have seen. People don't change their personality in one day. It gradually happens over days/weeks/months. Considering the time-line of the series, I think Kamachi is doing it correctly. Yes, the character development may be slow, but the timeline is also ridiculously densely packed at the same time compared to most other long series, so I think this is an important factor as well.

Also, I hope his relationships with others are affected. That would be a nice development.
Old 2014-03-11, 13:25   Link #2116
Birdway
Banned

I don't know what LevelSeven means but the experiences Touma went trough the last volume was a medium to show that Touma can break(after experiencing different scenarios, though).

That is good, we can see his frustration which was last seen on Vol.1 on the very begin of the series.

But that is bad in the long term because it won't make a change on him besides some experience that only works on only one person, Othinus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv
I don't know. He changed a lot throughout NT. Saying he didn't change at all is just plainly wrong.
For example...?

The only noticeable change was when he "died" on vol.1, the truly pessimistic Touma, the one who was looking for a purpose on his live and his useless hand, the one who was captivated by a girl's smile and finally feel to be special out of his usual daily life.

At the end his core or heart is the same, perhaps the most interesting thing the author could do would be confront Touma against Touma.

Quote:
He started being more aware of the bigger picture while at the same time caring about individuals. This is different from before.
He always cared about individuals. He is aware? Maybe, but he isn't taking the initiative to go against it, not like he has the resources for that, unless... he forms his own group.

Quote:
The other large change we are seeing is his gradual awareness of his powers, and what they signify. That's an important change as well.
That isn't a change at all, he even didn't care seriously when the big shot Ollerus went to tell him what is his IB. Touma was like "screw you, cultural festival >>>>> you".

That won't change, if there is a school trip, I know where Touma's priorities would be about.

Quote:
Though, going by the streak Kamachi's been on recently, here's to hoping next volume destroys my expectations yet again. That would be extremely hard to do right now...
Get your body ready

Quote:
The thing is maybe Touma's going to be like normal for now, but even if that is true, I feel like something will change after next volume. In the end, it doesn't matter how much you stay the same internally. If your external situations changes dramatically, you will act differently (if you're pragmatic). This is why I'm sure there will be a change.
I doubt it, Touma's external situation went for huge ass change and at the end Kamachi said Touma will be the same aka Nope.

Quote:
Regardless, in that regard Index is probably one of the more realistic series I have seen. People don't change their personality in one day. It gradually happens over days/weeks/months. Considering the time-line of the series, I think Kamachi is doing it correctly. Yes, the character development may be slow, but the timeline is also ridiculously densely packed at the same time compared to most other long series, so I think this is an important factor as well.

Quote:
Also, I hope his relationships with others are affected. That would be a nice development.
I'm eager to see if Kamachi's words said by Touma about relationships trought time will be true, and not something that is fixed in one or two volumes in order to return back to normal asap.

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-03-11 at 13:37.
Old 2014-03-11, 13:30   Link #2117
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I don't know what LevelSeven means but the experiences Touma went trough the last volume was a medium to show that Touma can break(after experiencing different scenarios, though).

That is good, we can see his frustration which was last seen on Vol.1 on the very begin of the series.

But that is bad in the long term because it won't make a change on him besides some experience that only works on only one person, Othinus.
The other plus was Will-san. Their relationship could lead to some interesting revelations/personality changes/whatever happening.

But yeah, I do agree that his frustration has only been seen very rarely.
Old 2014-03-11, 14:03   Link #2118
LevelSeven

^^^ maybe fast would fit better....

^^ i wanted to say that nobody can simply go forward after such stuff, as example: move point is destroyed because of the injuries she recieved...
touma went through worser stuff so i would find it strange or better unbelievable that he can be like always without "mental scars" like awaki...
Old 2014-03-11, 17:53   Link #2119
LG-MAX

I think people are confused not change with not mature, Touma has matured through the NT, this is undeniable.

but I have a doubt, this does not "change" that Kamachi said not only mentioned the issue of external Touma? he still act like a kid? is strange because it does not change after the own Kamachi have said that destroyed the concept of good and evil that Touma knew.

and independent of the rest, Touma finally won something he had not and that made ​​me happy, he now has self-respect/selfishness, (not in the sense that he does what he thinks is right, but he did something he thought was right for him), this is the best power up at all. at least I consider this a satisfactory change.

Quote:
That isn't a change at all, he even didn't care seriously when the big shot Ollerus went to tell him what is his IB. Touma was like "screw you, cultural festival >>>>> you".
dude, that was just a comedy scene, you do not need to read so seriously (and soon after he had the conversation with Ollerus, so what's the problem? I think you're overreacting), NT 2 is said that the main reason he joined the fight against Gremlin was to learn more about the IB

Last edited by LG-MAX; 2014-03-11 at 18:06.
Old 2014-03-11, 19:31   Link #2120
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
dude, that was just a comedy scene, you do not need to read so seriously (and soon after he had the conversation with Ollerus, so what's the problem? I think you're overreacting), NT 2 is said that the main reason he joined the fight against Gremlin was to learn more about the IB
He said that, but lets be honest, he is there to help people, if there weren't people in danger he would choose to attend classes.
Closed Thread