AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II- Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 50 31.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 24.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 13.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 5.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-09, 00:26   Link #81
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

I still think that the Arrow of AZUSA arc is unnecessary, contributes nothing to the plot, and takes up an entire episode that could have been used to expand more on an actual story arc. Also, it makes Index being kidnapped slightly repetitive as it will happen in the next arc as well. They did a nice job of animating it, though.
Old 2010-10-09, 00:31   Link #82
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
^ At least what it proves is that it shows what will happen to a normal magician if they try to access the 103,000 volumes of grimoires in her mind. It's been clarified in the episode that Ouma went all through the crap to become a magician, and normally he'll be considered a "newbie magician" in my opinion...

... which still, shouldn't take up a whole episode for you I guess...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:04   Link #83
ShiraYukiHime
Samurai Girls <3

Really nice first episode

Will Touma ever finish his homework ?

Some funny moments ( For me )

[mod edit: removed the screenshots since they contain a bug for a site that hosts illegal anime streams]

♥Nodoka ♥Saki
Thanks Mr. Wang For the Signature ! ~

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-10-10 at 12:38.
ShiraYukiHime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:15   Link #84
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well, at least I can see Mikoto and Accel as a main character in season 2

the only boring thing in ep 1 is the battle.... It's ended too fast

Glad to see Mikoto and Touma again... LOL
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:17   Link #85
zibi88

I really hope to see more of biribiri and other chars (like itsuwa :P) than seeing lots screentime with index (for me she is kinda annoying... not mention im not into loli's ^^)

so yeah more scenes betwen touma and mikoto are nicely seen.... but I wish to see more of the "new" char's... so less of index for me
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:21   Link #86
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Watched and rewatched. Completely forgot Himegami fell down while Index was being kidnapped. Was expecting some interactions there... then the bitch restaurant workers got pissed at Touma...
Old 2010-10-09, 01:29   Link #87
BlueDo

Misaka: So this is spiral powers, eh? Interesting.

Finally got around to watching it.
I loved this show, but I keep forgetting how much of it is talking, and that action only takes up a few minutes
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:34   Link #88
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Was Misaka's crush on Touma ever made quite that obvious in season one? I don't remember it, if so.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:36   Link #89
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Was Misaka's crush on Touma ever made quite that obvious in season one? I don't remember it, if so.
In the final arc, at the first Clash of the Moe Lolis. (Index vs. Mikoto) Moreso near the end of episode 24 when Mikoto went beat red just from standing next to him.
Old 2010-10-09, 01:41   Link #90
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Poor Aisa Himegami, being ignored like that.

Aisa: "Ippen shinde mi-"
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:45   Link #91
klare

so many chars showed in the OP, where is Saten-san?

also noticed that Mikoto is not drawn as detailed and nicely as in Railgun but it is fine with me

glad to see my fav char is back >> Kanzaki, she is still the only person that could bring down Touma

overall a fine eps 1
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 02:01   Link #92
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Another thing to note is that this episode takes place right after the Fake Date episode in S1 (and also during the entirety of the LO arc, which all takes place on August 31). Biribiri is still kinda, shocked, if you may, about those words Touma said at the end of the Fake Date episode.
Old 2010-10-09, 02:11   Link #93
Sotobrastos

Pretty good episode, although I thought it was lame in the manga as well. Now we can get started on the real stuff, looking forward to the Amakusa.

And Misaka is so dere her eyes went spiral. Love her.
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 02:13   Link #94
Used Can

I thought they would skip this part, but I think it was an excellent choice to start the second season. I cannot wait for the Amakusa.
Old 2010-10-09, 02:13   Link #95
Ezilled

Was that Kazakiri in invicible form from the restaurant? Kinda confusing on that part, and Himegami was there too.

Well, after almost two years of waiting for this sequel, all I can say that it had a pretty decent episode to kick off, not with a bang, but it's necessary to refresh the hidden conflict between Touma and those Magical Associations which wanted to capture Index in Academy City. Even though Touma didn't really put off an engaging battle, his words through understanding resolved the issue of a man who is willing to save his beloved one. It'd be great if Touma can use Imagine Breaker to heal her magical curse because it would seem helpless if she has a terminal disease or something.

Anyways, No Buts is completely underwhelming for me compared to the previous ones as well as the ED. I didn't like the composition and arrangement frankly speaking, and neither the animation sequences caught my eye. Oh well, here's hoping that the second op delivers.

Also, Deredere Misaka is good and all, but she should have a role here instead of being unrelated to the plot and just delivering a hint of romance.
Old 2010-10-09, 02:51   Link #96
Mentar
Banned

Good start

I wonder if they will take the time explaining why Kanzaki returned to Japan, and why she owned the Knights of England... (I know from the novels, but it would take a while to explain in the anime)
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 03:46   Link #97
giorno

well, considering that was the entire point to get Touma involved in it....
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 04:22   Link #98
Bordix

Agree that the new OP and ED isn't as good as its previous predecessors. The OP felt it lack some kicks and they didn't show the previous characters in S1, but I guess with all the new load of characters their appearances had to be removed. I'm disappointed that they broke their traditional calm ED's as it helps me unwind after watching a long episode.

Anyway solid introductory episode. Sphinx alone made this episode for me.
Old 2010-10-09, 04:47   Link #99
Joe_fh

Yes, finally another awesome (most probably) season of Index. Can't wait to see what's going to happen but just seeing all those characters again made my day
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 05:08   Link #100
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

I gotta say, my favorite part was the Misaka scene. Really like the whole Misaka x touma stuff for this series

Ok, so I did read a few Misaka x Touma doujins so my views may be a little biased in that regard....

Ok, seriously, I for some reason always laughed when I heard the "sproing" sound of the crossbow. Was it supposed to be funny? Maybe because I imagined a more serious grinding sound instead of what a toy sounds like... /me runs
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote