AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 77 49.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 33.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.64%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.64%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-01, 18:07   Link #161
motaku96
もたく

This episode sent me through so many emotions. I was laughing at Fuko, crying when Okazaki remembered Nagisa, and was left worrying at the end. Looks like things are gonna get really bad in the coming episodes. Hopefully the end will be happy.
Old 2009-03-01, 18:32   Link #162
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Well, this episode was pretty enjoyable. It's nice just being able to revisit some of the characters and it provided an avenue to let the audience relax while we watch their lives unfold. Given all of the events that occurred in the last few episodes, it's kind of nice just being able to take a breather.

The hurdles still stand though, and it'll be interesting to see whether he can actually reconcile his feelings for the city when tragedy keeps on coming and coming.
Old 2009-03-01, 20:18   Link #163
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Yes, the nuclear tights (they aren't pants) with Tomoya was the most hilarious part of the episode, including the "do not touch this button" joke and also the bread part with Fuko.
LOL, "do not touch this button," ahhh that was so great. He totally shot down Fuko, with her own answer.
Old 2009-03-01, 20:42   Link #164
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

its enough proof that fuu-chan shouldn't be let near any button of any sort, chaos is bound to ensue

the "Okazaki's the best!" made me really smile, little shout back to the "Starfish festival" scene in S1

Fuu-chan is win!!
Old 2009-03-01, 23:49   Link #165
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

We always knew that Fuko is the crazy one out of all the girls. If you played Tomoyo Fighter Perfect, she is able to throw her wooden star like a boomerang and summon giant starfishes to fight in her place.

A Fuko x Tomoya pairing might not be too bad after all......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-03-02 at 01:31. Reason: meaningless fake spoiler removed
Old 2009-03-02, 00:15   Link #166
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

reappearance of Kyou gives this ep an automatic 10. but yeah, every time Ushio wandered out by herself, i kept thinking, don't let something bad happen... i don't know if i could continue with this show if any more tragedy strikes. i know something bad will happen, but i hope to god it won't.

End of the World doesn't sound very promising..

i miss puhi puhi... i also want a Kyou ending. the ep in the first season with Tomoyo playing the tennis match shattered my dreams of a Kyou Tomoya ending though.. however, new hope arises because of this ep!
Old 2009-03-02, 00:29   Link #167
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
In my heart, I've always wanted a Kotomi x Tomoya ending (well, this is biased because I love Kotomi).

There's some significance in the new hospital (pointed out by Ushio wandering to it when Tomoya's at work). Only 3 episodes left... I wonder how much ground can be covered.
Old 2009-03-02, 01:30   Link #168
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The "i heard" type of "spoilers" are absolutely never reliable, for good reasons.
Saintessheart's "spoiler" is not one, it is fake, but considering how it might be interpreted as "truth", i guess deleting it won't hurt anyone. to the contrary.
Old 2009-03-02, 01:33   Link #169
Spazthemax

It's alright to post spoilers on past episodes, right?

I just sailed through the entire second season of CLANNAD, and I'm still having issues getting over Nagisa's death. I really hope nothing happens to Ushio, but seeing as the Wikipedia says the title of then next episode is "The End of the World" I think things are looking pretty grim.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-03-02 at 01:36. Reason: no, please do not continue to reply to this spoiler.
Old 2009-03-02, 01:56   Link #170
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
I just got an idea: it could mean "The End of the (Imaginary) World", where the girl and her robot escape? I don't know... I'm just being hopeful here xD
Old 2009-03-02, 07:12   Link #171
darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
reappearance of Kyou gives this ep an automatic 10. but yeah, every time Ushio wandered out by herself, i kept thinking, don't let something bad happen... i don't know if i could continue with this show if any more tragedy strikes. i know something bad will happen, but i hope to god it won't.

i miss puhi puhi... i also want a Kyou ending. the ep in the first season with Tomoyo playing the tennis match shattered my dreams of a Kyou Tomoya ending though.. however, new hope arises because of this ep!
No No and NO, u have to bury your Hopes in the same Episode just see how present Nagisa is even when shes Dead. It clearly shows u that Tomoya wont get another Girl. And ye " End of the World" lets see what happens
Old 2009-03-02, 07:39   Link #172
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post

Seeing her was awesome. And I had a horrible feeling as Ushio walked outside by herself. I was like "Ushio, noooo!" And I too, hate the episode titles, especially after what happened at the end and Tomoya's narration in the preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic Asian Guy View Post
I just got an idea: it could mean "The End of the (Imaginary) World", where the girl and her robot escape? I don't know... I'm just being hopeful here xD
I hope your right.. but I don't think so.
Old 2009-03-02, 07:56   Link #173
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The "i heard" type of "spoilers" are absolutely never reliable, for good reasons.
Saintessheart's "spoiler" is not one, it is fake, but considering how it might be interpreted as "truth", i guess deleting it won't hurt anyone. to the contrary.
Spoiler for off topic:
Old 2009-03-02, 10:10   Link #174
Spazthemax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic Asian Guy View Post
That's a good idea. I really hope this is the case, Tomoya's been through a life-time worth of misery already.
Old 2009-03-02, 11:12   Link #175
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Very light hearted episode with the reappearance of Kyou. Out of all the girls to make a impact in Ushio's everyday life im not surprised its her. Kyou is very good with children and the set is just nice for bringing her back. Though we probably wont get to see it if anyone is capable of one day being Tomoya's wife its Kyou. shes in a very favorable position with him and with Ushio. There pairing is actually quite nice now that they both have matured. Watching their conversations showed me just how far they both have come and how much they have grown. Tomoya is not over Nagisa but 1 year or 2 years of having Kyou around everyday interacting with Ushio and him could be the step. Ushio already seems her as mother figure and Kyou seems to dote on her more than the other kids. she also spends more time talking to Tomoya than the other parents. Like i said it is possible given the scope of thing but i dont think we would ever actually see it animated.

Fuko is always fun to watch and good for a laugh. I see why shes number one in Japan even though shes older but have the mind of high school girl she is still very perceptive about things. Its no wonder that she feels so strongly for Ushio they are similar is a lot of ways.

I think we are over tragedy in this series at least i hope. The title of the next episode can be deceiving. Over the years the town has been changing the world that Tomoya grew up in is slowly being eaten away or it could be the end of the imaginary world. Yes Ushio has a fever but it makes no since for them end this tragically after getting many points across about life and moving on.

Im guessing its going to have something to do with the hospital that was built over the place where Akiko took Nagisa when she collapsed when she little and prayed for her to be saved.

Im convinced that the title is meant to be deceiving or not taken in the literal sense but if its not and Ushio actually dies i think im going to have to stop watching the series. Iv watched many series over the past 10 years that like use spontaneous death scenes to advance a plot and spark sympathy for a main character by stripping him/her of everything in their life. I understood Nagisa's death there was a point behind it in giving up her life she created some precious Ushio who later becomes Tomoya's saving grace. To kill her now i feel would be unnecessary and contrived. These are my own personal feelings and others surely will feel differently. What more can Tomoya learn by taking away his daughter now? if they are going to do they mind as well kill all his friends, Nagisa's parents (they have had enough grief) and everyone else Tomoya has had contact with. Like i said its my own personal opinion but i think it would shotty and cheap writing ok thats not fair. But any health problem Nagisa had would be passed on to Ushio and then there is a hospital thing built in a certain location.

I guess i should just assume that there wont be happy ending that way if there is a happy ending i can be pleasantly surprised and if not then my expectations were already low.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2009-03-02 at 11:43.
Old 2009-03-02, 21:00   Link #176
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

I just hope this series ends with a realistic ending, not some crappy magical ending.
I know it's kinda stupid to ask for a realistic ending with a series where cats can
become humans, spooky lights appear all over the place, theres another world,
and stuff like that.

It would kill the series for me, I know some people love this kind of things but not me.
Old 2009-03-02, 21:35   Link #177
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
If you haven't already known KEY uses magical elements in like all their works you are an idiot.
Old 2009-03-02, 22:11   Link #178
aystee18
Fuko Adept

Refreshing, Happy, Nostalgic, Sad, Botan, Yay Fuko and Worry are the best words suited for the episode. Is it just me or are the Clannad eps happy at first then end up with a cliffhanger or a sad part (a slap in my face in this ep T_T). That is what makes this anime so damn good apart from the other ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
I just hope this series ends with a realistic ending, not some crappy magical ending.
I know it's kinda stupid to ask for a realistic ending with a series where cats can
become humans, spooky lights appear all over the place, theres another world,
and stuff like that.

It would kill the series for me, I know some people love this kind of things but not me.
Realistic ending eh? Clannad has events that are realistic and relates to people's lives hence the genre slice of life. Clannad is also full of supernatural happenings such as lights (they're not spooky!) and as you said, cats that turn into humans, which make the story a bit more interesting, and the illusionary world, which for me holds a deep meaning that might possibly connect somewhere in the story, somehow. Even magical endings are very, very good with a lot of emotion and passion, which, we can all agree, Clannad has lots of. If you mean someone casting Fire Bolt or shouting out their super cool weapons (Fate reference ) as a magical ending, I'm pretty sure Clannad won't end that way. Either way, im sure that the ending will not disappoint, unless its a bad ending... That would depress me...

Last edited by aystee18; 2009-03-03 at 00:26.
Old 2009-03-03, 01:21   Link #179
SnackPacs
As Expected of 2chan

*sigh* I just teared up instantly as soon as Dango Daikazoku started playing, it was impossible to stop.

It's just not fair... Nagisa and Tomoya deserve to have that happy little family they wanted so badly and yet he's there without the one he wants to share the experience the most with.

Perfect episode in my book and the decent chunk of comic relief was a nice, BIG breather from the previous episodes...

But of course, the episode preview... Fantastic. Let's see, Air had a bittersweet ending, Kanon had one as well... I have no belief whatsoever we can expect the same. *rolls eyes*

Either way, I don't think it'll ever be as painful as Air was however. The story has been particularly good at getting me to emit quite a bit of emotion but... Bleh, nothing will be as painfully heartwrenching as Air was... I've managed to quit crying after episodes of Clannad end, but I cried from the middle to the end and then a good ten minutes after AIR finished.

Still, 3 to go...
Old 2009-03-03, 04:09   Link #180
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Expecting realism from a series where comatose girls send their ghosts in school? Where the suit case of dead parents made out through a plane crash and somehow made it to their daughter because people from all corners of the world suddenly have a bit of solidarity? Come on. If anything, Clannad in tone is close to Forrest Gump with a bit of magic in the mix.

And before someone jump their gun, I'll add that I don't mean Forrest Gump's epic journey, I mean this faith in what good have humans and the world even though some things appears to be downright ugly and cruel.
Closed Thread