AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-14, 04:26   Link #1241
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
So who's more popular, CC or Sheryl? I'd definitely say CC (I guess this is a little more on topic )
Well i know for me it's Sheryl >>>>>>>>>>>>>> C.C.
Old 2009-12-14, 04:31   Link #1242
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well i know for me it's Sheryl >>>>>>>>>>>>>> C.C.
Eh, should be Sheryl, because she has actually a personality, instead of being a constant cynical enigma.
Old 2009-12-14, 07:31   Link #1243
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Eh, should be Sheryl, because she has actually a personality, instead of being a constant cynical enigma.
Well yeah, that's why i said i prefer Sheryl.
Old 2009-12-14, 21:36   Link #1244
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Hmm, the fact that Lacus got knocked off the polls came both as a shock and a surprise. At this moment, I am most unhappy with the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Well Tenchi ends up marrying, and having kids with all the girls who live with him so...yeah....
*Snort* I will go with the 3rd movie for that one (my favorite of the 3 movies). It had the most likable Tenchi, and its either Ryoko or bust.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-12-14, 22:30   Link #1245
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Hmm, the fact that Lacus got knocked off the polls came both as a shock and a surprise. At this moment, I am most unhappy with the results.

*Snort* I will go with the 3rd movie for that one (my favorite of the 3 movies). It had the most likable Tenchi, and its either Ryoko or bust.

- Tak
I have to agree with your view Tak.
Old 2009-12-14, 22:53   Link #1246
wisteria233

Quote:
Well to be fair it is about time someone else got top spot, plus Lacus had been number one for how long now?

Quote:

- Tak
I quite despised the Tenchi in Tokyo's Tenchi he was a bit of a dick.
Old 2009-12-15, 04:48   Link #1247
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Tenchi in Tokyo was my favorite from the franchise.
Old 2009-12-15, 05:06   Link #1248
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
I quite despised the Tenchi in Tokyo's Tenchi he was a bit of a dick.
Well, the third movie, Tenchi Forever (or Tenchi Muyo! in Love 2) has abso-friggin'-lutely nothing to do with Tenchi in Tokyo. Thankfully. It's also one of my favorite movies of all time.
Quote:
You, sir, are crazy.

Go watch Cross Game and cleanse your mind. NAO!!!

Old 2009-12-15, 08:52   Link #1249
wisteria233

Quote:
how could like that series all the characters were OOC. Tenchi was a selfish dick who couldn't notice that his family was being torn apart. Washu wasn't her old awesome genius self, the fight scenes, and character designs were horrible. Not only that but the story was almost exactly like Daughter of Darkness movie, which was better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Well, the third movie, Tenchi Forever (or Tenchi Muyo! in Love 2) has abso-friggin'-lutely nothing to do with Tenchi in Tokyo. Thankfully. It's also one of my favorite movies of all time.
I actually liked the liked all three Tenchi movies, and the spin offs, except for Tokyo. The third movie was pretty damn awesome, but my favorite is the first movie. why? two words. Dimensional Canon.
Old 2009-12-19, 21:56   Link #1250
glyph

Quote:
Well to be fair it is about time someone else got top spot, plus Lacus had been number one for how long now?
Most overrated villainess ever.
Old 2009-12-20, 00:20   Link #1251
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Most overrated villainess ever.
Kira and Lacus' dominance on the polls primarily stemmed from their relationship, for without it, each as individuals probably would not amount to much.

However, as a union... its a different story.

Something tells me that Lacus will be right back at where she is on the polls after Frontier's popularity fades.

- Tak (Yes, Kira x Lacu is my favorite couple)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-12-21, 06:10   Link #1252
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Kira and Lacus' dominance on the polls primarily stemmed from their relationship, for without it, each as individuals probably would not amount to much.
The same relationship that people joke about has more development in the OPs than the actual show itself? Seriously I like both characters but their relationship is nothing special and is wasted potential, especially considering they nearly had 100 episodes to work with..
Old 2009-12-21, 08:24   Link #1253
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The same relationship that people joke about has more development in the OPs than the actual show itself?
It was full blown in Destiny, btw. You just have to put on another perspective. Personally I think their relationship is beautiful.

Funny thing is, Japanese fans are not joking about it nearly as much. After all, that relationship is quite blatantly catered towards the erm, Eastern audiences.

- Tak

Old 2010-01-07, 05:48   Link #1254
raeryne

I voted for
1)Sheryl - for reasons most of you have elaborated already...
2)Brera - because I liked the way he was so concerned and protective of Ranka even before he knew she was his sister...in fact, if he was not Ranka's brother, I would like him to end up with Sheryl...think about how caring he would be...
3) Klan - simply because the first time I saw her(in her giant form, sorry don't know what they are called), I was like "Woah!" and the 2nd time I saw her(in micron(?) form), I was like, "Have I seen her somewhere before? No way, she was the giant?"... I know, I know...pardon the Macross ignorance, Frontier was the first of the saga I saw...

By the way...I prefer Athrun way more than Kira...Lacus is fine, I guess...
Old 2010-01-07, 07:17   Link #1255
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeryne View Post
2)Brera - because I liked the way he was so concerned and protective of Ranka even before he knew she was his sister...in fact, if he was not Ranka's brother, I would like him to end up with Sheryl...think about how caring he would be...
I don't think Sheryl likes yes-men.
Old 2010-01-07, 07:56   Link #1256
raeryne

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
I don't think Sheryl likes yes-men.
I agree...still, IF he was not Ranka's brother, he might not have turned out that way, though...just saying...(not that I'm blaming Ranka, though)
Old 2010-01-07, 08:13   Link #1257
KaoruLia

Quote:
I agree...still, IF he was not Ranka's brother, he might not have turned out that way, though...just saying...(not that I'm blaming Ranka, though)
Actually... wasn't the original love triangle supposed to be between Alto/Ranka/Brera? If Brera hadn't been made Ranka's brother in the later developments, I'm pretty sure that Brera would have ended up with Ranka It makes more sense.

Sorry, I don't see the appeal of SherylxBrera other than:

1) They look pretty together (well, Alto/Sheryl is prettier, so point is redundant)

2) Just for the sake of pairing Sheryl up with any eligible bachelor to keep her away from Alto (Ranka fans, obviously)

And Brera has less of a personality than Alto (that's saying a lot ), therefore I can't get invested in this pairing... seriously. I would rather ship SherylxMichel than Brera.
Old 2010-01-07, 08:20   Link #1258
raeryne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Actually... wasn't the original love triangle supposed to be between Alto/Ranka/Brera? If Brera hadn't been made Ranka's brother in the later developments, I'm pretty sure that Brera would have ended up with Ranka

Sorry, I don't see the appeal of SherylxBrera other than:

1) They look pretty together (well, Alto/Sheryl is prettier, so point is redundant)

2) Just for the sake of pairing Sheryl up with any eligible bachelor to keep her away from Alto (Ranka fans, obviously)

And Brera has less of a personality than Alto (that's saying a lot ), therefore I can't get invested in this pairing... seriously. I would rather ship SherylxMichel than Brera.
really?that was the original pairing???where did Sheryl go then???Okay, I take back what I said if that's the case...
Not a Ranka fan, though...like I care one bit who she ends up with or what happens to her...for me, it's okay if Sheryl chooses to focus on her singing...however,she wants Alto so I'll support her...
MichelxSheryl...how 'bout Klan, though?
Old 2010-01-07, 08:33   Link #1259
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Actually... wasn't the original love triangle supposed to be between Alto/Ranka/Brera?
I think this was one of those misleading information from earlier. If I recall correctly, very early plans intended a triangle between two guys and a girl with no mention of specific characters.
Old 2010-01-07, 08:46   Link #1260
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
I think this was one of those misleading information from earlier. If I recall correctly, very early plans intended a triangle between two guys and a girl with no mention of specific characters.
I think it was actual real information from a japanese magazine, but they were only talking about it in the early stages of the development of the show.

Tags
characters, favorite