I-pad 2
I-pad 2, but more advanced but like I-pad 2 and a half
apple laptop
Old 2012-09-08, 11:11   Link #2
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Seriously? You should've made it a multiple choice

Time to justify my choice: I love the iPad the most of all of the Apple products. Lightweight and portable, I use it for almost all of my browsing needs. Thus, I surf the Internet on it, read papers and check my email on it, and leave the heavy lifting (writing papers, programming, gaming and graphic design) for a trusty desktop machine.
Old 2012-09-08, 11:50   Link #3
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

iPads are nice, but I chose iPods/iPod Touches. iPods get the edge, because iPads are just 'computer lites' that are portable. That is great, but they aren't full fledged PCs and that just makes them get bested by the pure awesome of a device that gives you your entire music library in the palm of your hands. If I was transported back to 1995 and only had portable CD players, I'd hate being without iPods.
Old 2012-09-08, 11:56   Link #4
JRendell
Manga Addict

iPods. Especially the first gen. ones. They were nearly as indestructible as Nokia 3310s. Only downside to them is iTunes (a.k.a the bane of my life). That program should be condemned to Room 101.

But yeah, I never leave anywhere without my iPod. Being able to carry the majority of my music collection in my pocket is amazing.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:58   Link #5
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Who knows what's up? That's right, this guy. *points up*
Old 2012-09-08, 12:01   Link #6
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Depends on how we look at it. If by invention you mean something actually innovative, then the answer pretty much only can be the iPhone, or maybe the iPod/iTunes. They actually revolutionized the industry with these products and were absolutely unchallenged within these branches.
You could maybe say the same about the iPad, but I think it has been lacking in too many aspects. It definitely didn't have nearly the impact the iPhone/iPod had and apple has already been outdone on it a while ago.
Old 2012-09-08, 12:09   Link #7
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I think including iTunes is good. If you look at iPod and iTunes as a one-two combo, together they have been the most revolutionary. I already discussed a bit about the iPod, but iTunes revolutionized the music industry as well. First of all, it isn't just the first successful store for digital distribution, it is the first successful store of digital distribution of any media. It gives as albums as a lower price than physical releases, and no longer do people have to buy an entire album for one or two or three songs only. Most times, individual tracks are available to purchase individually. Also, this digital store is available in many countries and in many languages. This convenience of digital music distribution is available to many people around the world.
Old 2012-09-08, 12:17   Link #8
JRendell
Manga Addict

@sudo - I think she was just after which one was your favourite. But I wouldn't say that the iPhone was unchalleneged when it 'debuted'. There was a variety of other handsets on the market which did near enough the same thing.

Nowadays, most people tend to buy into the Apple brand or 'i' brand. If it's got half an apple on it or an i in it's name, then it's gotta be great right? No. The iPhone was unstable and had major signal issues, not to mention that the shit hit the fan when they updated the OS..
Old 2012-09-08, 12:21   Link #9
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I like apple..i have macbook pro, iPad,iPhone,iPod...

I have to say it, i love the Apple Magic Mouse..is just incredible, i can do anything with it.. anything.
Old 2012-09-08, 12:25   Link #10
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I have to say it, i love the Apple Magic Mouse..is just incredible, i can do anything with it.. anything.
anything... anything...

In that case...
Old 2012-09-08, 12:28   Link #11
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i like how Apple invented the Square/Rectangle shape with round edges.

How daring
how innovative
how spectacular

never seen anything like it before in my life.
Old 2012-09-08, 13:32   Link #12
Lost Cause

iPhone 4S. Does everything I need a computer to due all wrapped up in a tidy little package that I can carry in a pocket!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 14:39   Link #13
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
@sudo - I think she was just after which one was your favourite. But I wouldn't say that the iPhone was unchalleneged when it 'debuted'. There was a variety of other handsets on the market which did near enough the same thing.

Nowadays, most people tend to buy into the Apple brand or 'i' brand. If it's got half an apple on it or an i in it's name, then it's gotta be great right? No. The iPhone was unstable and had major signal issues, not to mention that the shit hit the fan when they updated the OS..
I'm using iPhones since the first generation and can't agree with your complains. It was truly revolutionary for the time. Lots of the features were of course already partially included in other smartphones, like browsing the web, downloading "apps", IMs and doing all kinds of other stuff - but it was a huge hassle. What made the iPhone so good was the handling, I'm not a stupid casual user, but it was simply a huge pain to deal with the shitty symbian platform or the even worse blackberry stuff. Not to speak of that the iPhone gave us a whole new level of opportunity when it came to apps and new kinds of possibilities for the users, and I'm not just talking about the touch screen here, because that's a whole different issue. Smartphones up to 2008/9 were still not as fluid when it came to the touch handling as the iPhone was with its first generation, only then - with the increase of android devices - it slowly started to shift. Now it's admittedly more a matter of preference which device one should chose, but again, the iPhone was truly revolutionary for the branch and its time.

I agree though with your statement about the current state of the Apple brand, but well, this is how marketing works. You can't blame Apple or the general Apple userbase for this, stupid people get attracted to various types of marketing. There are enough of the people you talk about in the Android or Blackberry fanbase... I mean, it's not shitty sell out apple, it's got to be great, right?
For my favourite product, I'll go with the iPhone then and the iPod/iTunes for second place, as explained in my earlier posts.
I have a macbook myself, but they are a overpriced and lousy piece of shit. Seriously, don't ever buy one, try burning some money instead or something.
Old 2012-09-08, 16:36   Link #14
monster

The only Apple product I ever owned is the 120 GB iPod Classic. It's pretty good and I still have it in working condition, but it doesn't really entice me to own any other Apple product. Still, allowing the iPod to work with Windows is probably one of (if not) the best thing Apple has done in its history.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 17:11   Link #15
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I don't see the Mac II on the list.
Therefore I disregard this as a troll poll.

Old 2012-09-08, 17:34   Link #16
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I don't see the Mac II on the list.
Therefore I disregard this as a troll poll.

You mean the Apple II/Apple IIe?

Was a great Apple product, but is so easily overlooked when most of us here on AnimeSuki were either babies/toddlers/little kids when they were popular items, or not even born yet when they were popular items.
Old 2012-09-08, 17:43   Link #17
Kyuu
=^^=

I own an IPod Touch.

Even though it's designed for MP3/music... I don't even really use it for that purpose. I ended up using it to access the IStore and playing those touch screen games.

It has access to the Internet via wireless. However, it's too slow to handle that. It used to be OK, but no -- the apps end up too slow and clunky for that purpose.

So, now, I refuse to spend a single cent more on anything Apple.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 17:48   Link #18
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I own an IPod Touch.

It has access to the Internet via wireless. However, it's too slow to handle that. It used to be OK, but no -- the apps end up too slow and clunky for that purpose.
What generation is your iPod touch, and which version of iOS do you have for it? I think a later version of iOS with older units might be the problem.
Old 2012-09-08, 17:54   Link #19
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I'd like a "none - Apple sucks" option.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 18:04   Link #20
winterbaby
вelιnda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I'd like a "none - Apple sucks" option.
Why do you think apple sucks??!