AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-08, 07:50   Link #21
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Rozen Maiden Fanaticism

Since the outbreak of the anime series known as 「Rozen Maiden」, it has spawned countless fanatics. (As though this sub-forum isn't already evidence of that..)

One such example, and perhaps the most popular one, would be that of Muir Woods a.k.a Humbert Humbert.
He has developed an obsession for Shinku, Rozen's 5th doll.
His pure devotion has earned him respect, even througout 4chan.
Muir Woods has already become an icon for fellow fans of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods

I do drink tea with regularity. Now, I drink tea with the presense of Shinku. Yes, that is me peacefully drinking Oolong tea with Shinku. I just took this picture last night. Tell me folks, what's beyond obsession? When I spend the bulk of my free conscious mind pondering about Shinku. When I dream about Shinku. When I feel incomplete without Shinku. When my love for her is 100% mental, and 0% lust. I haven't been this deep "into" (past appreciation, past admiration, past obsession) a fictional character since Humbert Humbert of Lolita (who, I take as sort of a role model). I have yet to find the explanation in my psychology lectures.
Quote:
Shinku, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul.
I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art.
And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Shinku.

Her seraphic blue pupils stare pensively into her nearly empty tea cup.
"More tea, Shinku?"
I asked, but those words were merely for superficial formality. I innately understood from her expression that she was willing to accept my hospitality.
I grab the tea kettle and stretched myself over to pour its pale brown liquid into her cup. Her face remains unflinching in the process. I prepare myself. With all my might I fixate my eyes on her. One could slay me there and I would not budge an inch.
A few moments pass, and she became aware that her cup has been refilled. She heightens the cup to her mouth. She then closes her eyes, simultaneously tilting the cup and slightly arching her head to let the essence of Oolong flow accurately into her rosebud lips. Soon she is satisfied and reverses her refined movements. The sculpted ceramic upon landing on her plate emitted a soft "clank". Her air of elegance, sophistication, and grace lingers in the atmosphere. She resumes her wistful gaze into her cup.
I absorbed all that wonder. An orb of tears escapes from my right eye. This is what my heart, my soul, yearn for everytime we meet here in our sanctuary, my sanctuary, at some transcendent dimension of space and time reserved exclusively for us.
I have found my bliss.
My Shinku.
Quote:
I spend countless hours of my free consciousness pondering about Shinku, in a never-ending effort to increase my understanding of her.

And most important of all is Shinku, who has brought me feelings and joys that I never found in real life or anywhere else in fiction. Every time she smiles my heart experiences a warmth I never experienced in life before. Her elegant way of drinking tea and her air she exudes, is a sight more pleasurable for my eyes than any wonders I’ve seen in on Earth. Her calm voice and words rings angelic to my ears. Other senses are unapproachable outside the realm of my dreams. I realized after much contemplation, I really don’t care if Shinku becomes Alice or not, she is already perfect to me.
Have you ever seen such devotion?
And this, remember, is an obsession for Shinku.
One can only imagine, if she truly becomes Alice.

Last edited by solwyvern; 2006-10-12 at 08:37.
Old 2006-10-28, 23:42   Link #22
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

In the episode 8, Suigintou make mention of the lactum bacilus, only for that time she is represented for the yakult bottles?
Old 2006-11-11, 00:41   Link #23
Scarlet Letter
Littera Coccinus

Send a message via MSN to Scarlet Letter
Simple question, is this "Gin" character the repaired Sugintou?

Also, does anyone know where I can read the manga for the part where Hina-Ichigo is consumed by the true 7th doll?
Old 2006-11-11, 00:46   Link #24
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Letter View Post
Simple question, is this "Gin" character the repaired Sugintou?

Also, does anyone know where I can read the manga for the part where Hina-Ichigo is consumed by the true 7th doll?
no, gin is just short for Suigintou.
Old 2006-11-11, 00:59   Link #25
Scarlet Letter
Littera Coccinus

Send a message via MSN to Scarlet Letter
Quote:
no, gin is just short for Suigintou.
Damn you people...confuse me will you? <<
Old 2006-11-15, 02:27   Link #26
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

I got a good question: Is Kirakishou the real 7 doll or is the soul of Corrine, the grandmother of Odille?

When i think that i feel..........SCARE.......
Old 2006-12-07, 15:12   Link #27
Charmmy Kitty
Red eyes in Darkness

Send a message via ICQ to Charmmy Kitty Send a message via MSN to Charmmy Kitty
Yes, I also used to think about Kirakishou...She is truly a sevenh doll
Old 2006-12-07, 19:28   Link #28
Flo
The Necessary Evil

I'm made to believe that Kirakishou may has the abilty to shapeshift/change her appearance and her theme(s) of battle is of a spider.

Spoiler for possible information about Kirakishou's fighting style:
Old 2006-12-07, 21:09   Link #29
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo View Post
I'm made to believe that Kirakishou may has the abilty to shapeshift/change her appearance and her theme(s) of battle is of a spider.

Spoiler for possible information about Kirakishou's fighting style:

whoa, Bara and Kira's battle style are opposite. They do make a good team?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2006-12-09, 02:51   Link #30
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

Hey Flo ¿can you use this scan how a reference for your next episode?

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-14, 21:24   Link #31
JaoJao
The One and Only!

i have a question about suigin tou; in the first season of rozen maiden, she had no torso. after she was defeated by shinku and was restored; who restored her? was it rozen? and did she recieve a torso? in the last episode of traumend, it seems as though suigin tou has recieved a torso, can anyone confirm that?
Old 2006-12-14, 22:30   Link #32
Choki
I believe i can fly

In the first season, Suigintou didnt have a torso, neither did she have 1 during traumend. It was only in the last episode of Traumend did she recieve a torso from Rozen. About who restored her after season 1 (after being burnt by Shinku) it is most likely to be Rozen as well(watch Overture opening).
Old 2007-02-05, 18:33   Link #33
_duangelique
Adorate Sui ~desu.

I need translation for this scan...whatever it is, I know is about Alice, and may have some important information...

Spoiler:

Btw, found really interesting stuff about alchemy related with the names of the Rozen Maiden, and what a Rosa Mystica could be. I'll post it later.
Old 2007-02-14, 05:14   Link #34
Question
Crossdresser

Someone explain the Desu thing?

Old 2007-02-14, 05:18   Link #35
Lost

Eh... What's there to explain?

"Desu" is something Sui uses alot; it peppers her sentences. It makes her cute; especially in the manner that she says it. That makes her have a lot of fanboys (like me). These fanboys (and some imposters) love using Desu because it reminds them of the Queen of Desu. // if you haven't already done so, watch Rozen Maiden. It's love.

Last edited by Lost; 2007-02-14 at 05:58.
Old 2007-02-14, 12:14   Link #36
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by _duangelique View Post
I need translation for this scan...whatever it is, I know is about Alice, and may have some important information...

Spoiler:

Btw, found really interesting stuff about alchemy related with the names of the Rozen Maiden, and what a Rosa Mystica could be. I'll post it later.

The question in that pic, is WHY HINAICHIGO IS THERE? she come back to the life?
Old 2007-02-14, 20:09   Link #37
Amaranthine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM-FAN View Post
The question in that pic, is WHY HINAICHIGO IS THERE? she come back to the life?
Hina was still alive at that point in the manga. It's directly after this that a certain infamous scene takes place...

Anyway, I can't give a translation of that, because I can't read it (Chinese) and I don't actually have it in Japanese. I have read it before though, so I can give you the gist of it.
Spoiler for Kira's nature/how she was created:
Hopefully I managed to make that somewhat informative. It honestly doesn't say much, though. And an actual translation would be infinitely better, but I thought I'd try to help how I can.
Old 2007-02-15, 19:29   Link #38
_duangelique
Adorate Sui ~desu.

Thanks a lot for your help. I have to say, it was really interesting to read, specially for the alchemy part. It seems that Peach-Pit tried to put some concrete basis for the plot, and this are the kind of things that leaves us with questions..that hopefully are going to be solved at season three.
Anyways, I knew it! It truly had something new into it (at least for me^^)
Old 2007-02-16, 08:25   Link #39
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
Spoiler for Kira's nature/how she was created:
Spoiler for if kira was created that way:
Old 2007-02-16, 15:53   Link #40
Guu_chan

Who is Rozen, the mysterious "Father" ?

Someone on another forum claimed that Rozen is actually the Count de Saint-Germain, a historical figure from the 18th century :

Saint-Germain was a rather eccentric fellow, who was said to be an alchemist, having discovered the secret of eternal life. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_of_St_Germain )

This image from the Rozen Maiden manga seems to confirm this :

The last panel says something like "count Saint-Germain is nothing but a cheater"...

Also, the manga page matches this image from episode 8 of Traümend where Shinku reminisces about her "father" :

Does anyone have more details about Rozen’s background in the manga ?

Anyway, if this is true, why did Peach-Pit choose Count Saint-Germain as "Father" and have him call himself "Rozen" ?

Maybe because there was a "rumour" that St Germain was the "reincarnation" of Christian Rosenkreutz, the founder of a mystical secret society in the 15th century called the "Rose Cross" (still in activity in the 18th century) :

By the way, in the 18th century, mechanical automatons were very popular ; some craftsmen were able to build amazing automatons who could play instruments, write and even draw :

Incidentally, at the same time, the Japanese had also become quite adept at making automatons, called "karakuri ningyou" :

Anyway, in the image from the manga, we see Rozen/St Germain with a glowing stone... probably trying to make a "Rosa Mystica".
Actually, Saint-Germain was known for owning a huge amount of precious gems, and for knowing a mysterious technique for purging gems from any impurities. He also claimed to have mastered the secret of the "philosopher's stone", which granted eternal youth and could turn lead to gold.

Incidentally, during the 13th century, there was a German theologist, philosopher and alchemist called Albertus Magnus who allegedly used a "philosopher’s stone" to build a talking, thinking automaton with a soul. Albertus’ "android" was later destroyed by his apprentice Thomas Aquinus for being a "tool of Satan".

Anyway, there is one question that has often been asked, due to the cruel "Alice Game" : is Rozen evil ?
Well, count St Germain appears in another recent anime, "le Chevalier d’Eon", and he’s definitely evil (and sports an ugly haircut) ^_^ :
Closed Thread