AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 21:05   Link #961
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If you mean commercial issues, actually there is large diifference between Sena(top-tier) and the other girls, seriously, finding Yozora(above average), Maria, Yukimura or Rika fanarts is some kind of challenge.
No, not commercial issues in terms of popularity and sales. I was referring more towards the potential dragging out of the story as noted in this post, which sometimes causes some characters to be left behind because all their cards have been played.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 22:51   Link #962
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
... half of the time Yozora's behavior is incomprehensible to me from the information we currently have. I think we might be seeing some major hidden issues from the time between Taka moving away and the reunion being revealed in the future. Those issues will probably be major, which makes me uneasy to say the least.
If Yozora was molded after a real human being, I would say she was a victim of attempted rape (by a member of her own family most likely).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 04:37   Link #963
mironicus

I guess Sena's confession could lead to a new development where all the other girls also get the confidence to confess to him. Just remember - story-wise Sena is always the first one in doing things, and the others follows her then. For the author this is also a good way to lengthen the story.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 05:30   Link #964
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
I guess Sena's confession could lead to a new development where all the other girls also get the confidence to confess to him. Just remember - story-wise Sena is always the first one in doing things, and the others follows her then. For the author this is also a good way to lengthen the story.
Once again you assume she'll confess. There's nothing concrete that says otherwise expect you hope she confesses...

Not sure what firsts you're referring to, but she normally just sits and plays gal games until someone else suggest something, i.e usually Kodaka and she decides to join in. Also pretty sure it was Yozora who first started the club...

The post above suggesting that Yozora acts the way she does is because she's been raped or tried to be raped. Not sure where that came from, but she acts like a normal insecure teenage girl with a sharp tongue who has trouble making friends, or thinks she would have trouble making friends...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 05:35   Link #965
mironicus

Quote:
Once again you assume she'll confess.
Well... read! Wikipedia was the first page that was updated about that fact. And also the reviewers on Amazon.jp spoils that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boku_wa...chi_ga_Sukunai

Quote:
but she acts like a normal insecure teenage girl
You get this impression mainly if you just watch the anime.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-01 at 05:48.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:48   Link #966
Johnny
Working the bags...

Sorry, I don't blindly put my trust in what Wikipedia says. And once again use spoiler tags for spoilerific info...
Old 2012-07-01, 05:54   Link #967
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
If Yozora was molded after a real human being, I would say she was a victim of attempted rape (by a member of her own family most likely).
No, that's a bit too drastic. I'm more for divorce or a relative taking advantage of her parents. If not a family problem, then some ijime or joke asking outs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Sorry, I don't blindly put my trust in what Wikipedia says. And once again use spoiler tags for spoilerific info...
Given that this is the novel thread..... Not sure if anything before Volume 8 can be considered to be in the realm of a spoiler. You came here at your own risk.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 05:58   Link #968
sky black swordman

@mironicus First thank you for this bro.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=957

And second @mangamuscle I would not go that far , but like I think her problems may have a litttle to do with her parents.
Has there ever been much mentioned about her parents? And could this be also connected with her problems?
Old 2012-07-01, 05:58   Link #969
mironicus

@sky black swordman
No other girl than Sena has a family in this story.

Seanver.com will start to summarize the latest novel soon, I wrote a mail to him.
Old 2012-07-01, 06:04   Link #970
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
No, that's a bit too drastic. I'm more for divorce or a relative taking advantage of her parents. If not a family problem, then some ijime or joke asking outs.

Given that this is the novel thread..... Not sure if anything before Volume 8 can be considered to be in the realm of a spoiler. You came here at your own risk.
Oh so anything concerning volume 8 isn't a spoiler? Sorry, my mistake could've sworn it hasn't been translated yet...
Old 2012-07-01, 06:08   Link #971
mironicus

@Johnny

I mentioned the Wikipedia link with spoiler tags already 4 sites ago and we were discussing about it since 5 days...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=900
Old 2012-07-01, 06:12   Link #972
Johnny
Working the bags...

Why would I got to a link where I'll be spoiled when I don't want to be spoiled so I could care less about a link being in spoiler tags, but not the information that pertains to volume 8 which you seem to quote quite fervently without tags. Hence my confusion with the Sena bit. NM, I'll avoid this thread like I did the previous before being dissected High School DxD thread until the translations get caught up...
Old 2012-07-01, 06:29   Link #973
mironicus

Isn't it fun to speculate about things we don't really know about? Only some puzzles that lead to a lively discussion where you start to hardly think about the characters and their intentions.
Old 2012-07-01, 07:29   Link #974
potchip

Quote:
Well... read! Wikipedia was the first page that was updated about that fact. And also the reviewers on Amazon.jp spoils that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boku_wa...chi_ga_Sukunai

You get this impression mainly if you just watch the anime.
Yep, just like how the Wikipedia Yozora character description was obviously written by a neutral person and the fact that it's on Wikipedia must mean...it's fact! </sarcasm>

This very much reminds me of oreimo - the Kuroneko fans also had an unhealthy obsession with bashing Kirino to further 'who knows what'. And quoted, the throwaway line in the 7th(?) LN about 'girlfriend' status as some kind of victory dance. Sadly none of those fags actually READ the novel and gathered from 2nd hand or 3rd hand sources, hence not realizing it was a cheap cliffhanger. As it happened, just some predictable drama/circular plot in the next volume and back to the status quo.

Who's willing to bet the 'confession' is in the last chapter of the novel?
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 07:50   Link #975
mironicus

I don't think the Wikipedia article about Haganai is really biased. Every user can change those articles. And the description of Sena in the article is also not favoring her: "Kodaka concludes that she is the weirdest member of the club, as she is able to warrant weird and disgusted looks not only from Yozora and Kobato, but also from Yukimura and Rika.".

Quote:
I suppose it is because that seems to be a good climax for the next volume like the Rika ending in Vol. 7 (and still the status quo will remain). Well I can't read it - but I have Vol. 8 right before my eyes.

What's about the cousin thing? One user here claimed it but as of yet I did not found a confirmation. The confession was being confirmed by some reviewers from Amazon.jp.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-01 at 08:06.
Old 2012-07-01, 08:06   Link #976
potchip

As for a more balanced (and factual with anecdotes) view on characters, just go read the Japanese Wiki. I care not how you translate it. The very presence of potential spoilers and biased 'contribution' is a reflection of how rabid the English fandom/poorly regulated those pages are right now.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 08:15   Link #977
mironicus

Major Spoiler of the end of Vol 8 (don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled)
Spoiler:

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-01 at 17:45.
Old 2012-07-01, 19:54   Link #978
sky black swordman

Quote:
Major Spoiler of the end of Vol 8 (don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled)
Spoiler:
Ok. So how should I interpreted this?
Old 2012-07-01, 20:16   Link #979
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
No, not commercial issues in terms of popularity and sales. I was referring more towards the potential dragging out of the story as noted in this post, which sometimes causes some characters to be left behind because all their cards have been played.
Isn't the same, I100% is a manga while Haganai is a light novel and the author is a troll if you take as reference his previous works one of them about a club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post

Too late for that. Someone else posted the same pages back.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 09:39   Link #980
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Ok. So how should I interpreted this?
Spoiler:

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-02 at 09:52.

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen