AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-12-16, 01:49   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveueverfall View Post
Was the last one such pointless that make u kinda upset? Did I something that wrong?
Absolutely nothing wrong with your question. I was just worried about pointlessly silly questions like, "Am I a frog?" Silly, but also pointless.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 10:13   Link #22
Lost

I have a silly question. I know what adding someone to your ignore list does, but what happens when you add someone to your buddy list?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 11:22   Link #23
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I have a silly question. I know what adding someone to your ignore list does, but what happens when you add someone to your buddy list?
A buddy list let's you know when you friends are logged into the forums. Here's an example list:

You can see which of your friends are on-line/off-line and by checking the boxes to the right, you can also send a mass PM (up to five people) to them. The functionality is rather limited in it's current form. You can pop open your buddy list by clicking on "Quck links" at the top of the forum and then choosing "Open Buddy List".

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-12-16 at 11:57. Reason: Removed double quote
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 18:57   Link #24
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

The buddy list has at least one other function:
Unwanted PM Filter
This works like the ignore list, only backwards. With the ignore list, you specify people you DO NOT want to receive messages from, while with the Buddy list you can specify people you DO want to receive messages from. By checking the "Receive Private Messages only from Buddies and Moderators" in your profile you can ignore most private messages. As the User CP says, messages from those not on your Buddy list "will be told that you have disabled private messaging."

Note: You cannot block messages from forum staff members in this way
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 20:17   Link #25
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Users can set themselves invisible, does the buddy list respect this privacy feature?
Old 2006-12-16, 20:35   Link #26
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Visibility is determined by a combination of the viewing user's permissions (staff controlled) and the viewed user's profile settings (user controlled). If a user has opted to be "invisible" their status will be shown as "offline" to all non-staff members, regardless of buddy settings. This applies everywhere, including the buddy list.

So... yes.
Old 2006-12-17, 11:55   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I've always been wondering.. right now I set the option in my profile to invisible..

Does it appear as a gray or red icon?

I know in some forums if you set it to invisible it will display a distinct icon telling people you are invisible.. not off-line..
Old 2006-12-17, 14:59   Link #28
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

As I explained above, it depends on permissions and user settings. When you are online I'll see a red icon () because I (like all the staff) have permission to see invisible users. You should see yourself as invisible too. Most people will see you as offline (), as will everyone not logged in.
Old 2006-12-18, 04:36   Link #29
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Catgirls - I see you stuffed all the moderators into your lists ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 06:38   Link #30
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Look closer there not all there ^^
Old 2006-12-18, 11:01   Link #31
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Ever since Lost asked about the buddy list above.. I've been playing around with it.. and now I have a question.. how do you add this sneaky lil' member to the buddy list..
Old 2006-12-18, 11:16   Link #32
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Looks like you've found another encoding bug. The work-around is to disable JavaScript, which disables the AJAX.
Old 2006-12-18, 11:25   Link #33
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yup works now..
Thanks..
Old 2006-12-21, 00:10   Link #34
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

how do you become a member/ senior member or anythign else
brandfireX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 00:16   Link #35
Elhaym Van Houten
The Warrior Princess

How can we,normal members,become a moderator? I know this sounds so silly but the topic says it all.
Elhaym Van Houten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 00:22   Link #36
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandfireX View Post
The "title" under your name can be changed, by you, in your User CP, via the Edit Profile link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOS-MOS View Post
How can we,normal members,become a moderator?
We pick them, as and when we feel the need. A thread in the feedback section touched on the subject before.
Old 2006-12-21, 00:23   Link #37
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandfireX View Post
If you are referring to the user titles, those are automatically set as defaults based on your number of posts in this forum. You can however (and most people do) customize it as anything you like with a few exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOS-MOS View Post
How can we,normal members,become a moderator? I know this sounds so silly but the topic says it all.
Don't ask. Literally. We don't like it when people ask to become a moderator so asking will reduce your chances. Moderators are chosen behind the scenes from those members who have impressed us with their maturity, knowlege and helpfullness. If you are worthy of becoming a moderator you'll stand out from the crowd by your own merits... in a good way.

Edit: It seems the very helpful NightWish beat me to the post by a minute. Now you know what it takes to be a moderator.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-12-21, 00:32   Link #38
Elhaym Van Houten
The Warrior Princess

Ohhh,I'm so sorry,Sannin-sama. So,you pick them.I see,just curious. Don't worry,I don't intend to become one.But I'll try to be the best among the best using my own style.I'm not that bad,so,you can expect something nice from me! Thank you for answering that silly question of mine! Here is another one,if I wanted to change my nickname from KOS-MOS to Elhaym.How?Can anyone help me?

Last edited by Elhaym Van Houten; 2006-12-21 at 00:53.
Old 2006-12-21, 02:51   Link #39
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Simple answer. There are two main ways of doing this so I'll make it multiple choice.
  1. PM a forum administrator and ask for the change.
  2. Post your request in Rename Request and the first admin to spot it will take care of it.
Follow either of those methods and you will usually be renamed. Obviously there are certain requests that will not be granted, but we're pretty reasonable about it.

You said "if" so I'm not sure if you are merely curious, or actually want to be renamed. I'll let you follow through as stated above if you are serious.

Old 2006-12-22, 01:49   Link #40
Elhaym Van Houten
The Warrior Princess

Hello again! Straight to the point,okay? How many reputation point do we have when we first become a member?Arigato gozaimasu for any of you who reply me. And can any admin delete the infraction message in my profile?It's embarassing.Sorry admin,I did really forget about the rules at that time.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious