AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-12, 09:01   Link #101
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

They introduced her character a lot sooner than I've expected.

I think the show would do a better job keeping it to the work place setting as close as they can- which means make it a 75% realistic work place I assume that since this is her introduction we're getting a lot more exposure to Toko than 'normal' so I'm not bothered by it. Some characters only shine in small portions so I wouldn't be so quick to write off her just yet.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 09:21   Link #102
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

The series was doing okay until it careened off the highway and smashed into the pole that is Touko.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 09:30   Link #103
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

"You're just causing trouble, so leave, tsundere".

Was enjoying the episode until Toko came along. Can only hope she doesn't show up that often.
On other news, Chihaya and Lucy make a pretty fun duo to watch.

(F is small? Really?!)
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 09:33   Link #104
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL View Post
The series was doing okay until it careened off the highway and smashed into the pole that is Touko.
It's just a bump in the road, no big deal.
Old 2013-07-12, 09:41   Link #105
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's just a bump in the road, no big deal.
That was no bump. More like a swerve to avoid a landslide.
Old 2013-07-12, 09:47   Link #106
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

*shrugged*

I don't know what else to say- you probably haven't experienced enough wrecks if you think that was some kind of major unrecoverable disaster.

I'll leave it as that.
Old 2013-07-12, 10:33   Link #107
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

I loathe tsundere imouto characters (and writer's unapologetic attempts to somehow legitimise their reason for being).

It's not as if I love this show but that character was a serious derailment.
Old 2013-07-12, 10:43   Link #108
Utsuro no Hako

If she's like Inami in the the first season of Working!! where the entire plot revolves around her to the detriment of everyone else, she's a derailment. If she's like the Takanashi sisters, the show will survive.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 10:49   Link #109
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
If she's like Inami in the the first season of Working!! where the entire plot revolves around her to the detriment of everyone else, she's a derailment. If she's like the Takanashi sisters, the show will survive.
Implying that the show "did not survive" in the first season...>_>

Either way its not something to decide in the second episode only.
Old 2013-07-12, 11:05   Link #110
backbone
Banned

Loved the cosplay jokes, and the way Chihaya conveyed it in a completely deadpan face is what makes it very hilarious.

Thoroughly enjoyed this eps, though kinda baffled when the annoying imouto appeared and ruined the peace. Gladly the trio newbies managed to troll and get her back off of her high horse. I'd hate it if another haughty and self-important character could get away from her shit without any backlash.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 11:15   Link #111
erhyka

The tsundere brother complex high school girl annoyed me, though I did enjoy it when she got lectured and the angry mark on her face that's there 24/7

Chihaya though has become one of my favorite characters. I really enjoyed her cosplay moments and interactions with Luchee, oh and of course I loved Luchee's side boob shots haha.

Hm I have a feeling Luchee and Hasebe might have some sort of romantic relationship in the future or at least romantic tension haha.
erhyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 11:25   Link #112
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Damn, if there was one show this season that I was gonna put money on NOT having a brocon/siscon character, it would be this. Glad I didn't make that bet.

I mean, I'm no big hater of incest (as long as they don't get in the way of osananajimi that is) and find brocon/siscon cute, but even I think it's kinda out of place here in SxS.

All that said, if there is a sequel of sorts to this show, I wouldn't mind it if the main character was Touko and the show would've been about her first day as a civil servant worker. I mean, with an uptight and bitchy personality like that, there's a ton of humorous material they could come up with.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 12:17   Link #113
Blaat

First half was fun, in the second half I was throwing beans at my computer screen shouting "Oni go away" sadly it did not work what so ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
If she's gets Inami's level of attention this show will be ruined.
Old 2013-07-12, 12:35   Link #114
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Damn, if there was one show this season that I was gonna put money on NOT having a brocon/siscon character, it would be this. Glad I didn't make that bet.

I mean, I'm no big hater of incest (as long as they don't get in the way of osananajimi that is) and find brocon/siscon cute, but even I think it's kinda out of place here in SxS.
I know she loves her brother but I didn't see it this way at all.
Old 2013-07-12, 13:13   Link #115
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This Touko-hate is misplaced, in my opinion. What it means to me is that she was a very effective character, to have stimulated so much antipathy so quickly. Good job.

I am a fan of Ookubo Rumi, especially as a radio personality, but I did find her voice grating here. However, that may have been intentional, to give the character that edge, and to embody a regular who causes trouble in an office. I didn't find the fact that she was an imouto that necessary, but we'll see where they go with it.

I don't think we have to imprison the show in a strait-jacket of spurious realism or of only dealing with intra-office relations. When Touko showed up, she annoyed me, but it was soon clear that she was not really a bad person. And her tsuntsn-deredere farewell worked for me. Added a bit of complexity to the situation.

The hero of this episode was Hasebe. I loved his (unlikely) ability to spew back the text of a section of a law and discomfit the harridan.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 14:43   Link #116
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Why is every girl who's shown to care for her brother deeply is automatically a brocon?

At least Inami from Working was somewhat likable. Toko is a pain in the arse
Old 2013-07-12, 16:40   Link #117
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Toko is my next Kirino!!!! I love her *grab ad put into cart
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 17:13   Link #118
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Toko is my next Kirino!!!! I love her *grab ad put into cart
This.

In all seriousness I don't get why people think she ruins the show. Unlike Inami-san she's more or less never shown in a positive light anyways. What's wrong with a person you think is annoying being more or less the butt monkey in a comedy?
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 18:00   Link #119
ustatsu

The moment Toko started to speak, I initially thought "Kirino, pls go". But it wasn't that bad and it was at least something I would've never expected in this show, same goes for the cosplay part. Was fun to watch overall, the characters are great, expecially Hasabe and Chihaya.
ustatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 18:28   Link #120
Dop
Mmmm....

Actually I thought Toko was more of a parody of the imouto brocon type of character. Just ridiculously over the top and shot down in flames.
As a parody she worked really well.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen