AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 24 (FINAL) Rating
Perfect 10 210 67.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 19.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 2.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.64%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-17, 17:09   Link #101
archanfels

Beautiful, beautiful.... T^T

(goes to corner and be emo and will be back later)
Old 2007-09-17, 17:18   Link #102
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
What's better: having a finished masterpiece that will last forever in our hearts and souls as shiny as that day we saw it in its full splendour, or a endless show that at first runs, then walks, then painfully crawls struggling in vain to be as good as it once was?
An important point and well-said. I can think of several series that should have been shot at episode 25

I really loved this episode, and it brought a sense of bittersweet closure to the series. From the lack of an OP I had high hopes for a cheerleading sequence, since KyoAni's dance sequences are a showcase for such great animation. And unlike a lot of viewers, I enjoyed the Haruhi references even though it got a bit repetitious

Since they're doing a slice-of-life, and Haruhi is so popular, I can easily imagine the students utilizing TMoSH elements into their daily routines. But I was practically giddy when they did do their dance number, and especially liked that Guerrand didn't put subs over the dance while it played. Nice touch

Frankly, I didn't expect to like the series so much, as I don't get a lot of the refs, but that didn't stop me from being thoroughly involved with the... er, "story." I enjoy the more "unusual" anime, and despite some viewers saying that LS isn't anything special, I have to disagree. I haven't yet seen PPD, but nothing else I've seen comes close, except possibly the randomness of TMoSH.

In my opinion the episode deserves a rare (for me) Perfect 10. I can't think of anything serious to complain about, but then I'm not given toward bitching about unimportant stuff LOL

And, I don't see anything that would prevent a second season coming along, especially with how promo-savvy KyoAni operates Perhaps Haruhi 2 will tease us with some hints

I think I love Aya

Thanks to all who posted here and helped me to get so much of what (so much ) I didn't understand, and also to the forum for providing the References Thread. Without these factors I wouldn't have been able to enjoy it as much as I did

Next weekend I'm going to have a LS marathon; maybe that will ease the missing somewhat. Now, to fill this awful, gaping void, I think I'll go watch Kanon...
Old 2007-09-17, 17:27   Link #103
GGP

i thought the episode was great

i think that there will be a season 2 because it has a huge fan base and they can either have them in college or start over high school (pull a simpson), or focus on konatas cousin and her friends

and, even if they dont, the anime is still ongoing and we can still find it translated online

and they are making L*S video games as well. so, i wont get too sad after this amazing anime has ended... if it has ended

pray for season 2
Old 2007-09-17, 17:39   Link #104
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Full OP dance, in show, in context? And Akira finally making her in-show debut at the last minute? Perfect 10.
Old 2007-09-17, 17:39   Link #105
Panic!

Lucky Star over. I cannot accept reality.

The last few scenes, especially the final practice and the actual end itself seemed almost surreal to me. It wasn't an over the top final episode or anything, just more of the slice-of-life-yness its always been. Watching their act was perhaps a perfect ending for me, who got hooked in the first place by a seemingly crazy, hyper-energetic OP Youtube link posted on the WoW OT forums.

Actually, that Lucky Star OP vid is THE reason I got into anime (beyond Cartoon Network stuff). Konata was my introduction to the otaku, Kagami is my original tsundere (but apparently thats debatable), and Motteke! is my original Hare Hare. It was the first series I had to wait for every week starting with Ep. 6, and it started me off on my next 2 series: FMP (from the Bonta placements and Fumoffu's) and Haruhi (obvious). Basically, I have not had to exist without Lucky Star before, and no other series can match my attachment to it, except maybe School Rumble, but for different reasons.

I don't think I'd want a straight 2nd season, because I think it ended just how it should've and I don't see how they could keep the same formula running much longer. Maybe a Hiyori or Misao based spinoff because they seem like the most interesting "Tier 2" characters. HiyUri's setup is pretty much self explanatory, and with a bit of tweaking, Misao+Ayano with a touch of Kagami could work too I think. Mahou Shoujo Misao anyone?
Old 2007-09-17, 17:41   Link #106
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

My rating - ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆/10

Not enough stars to rate this great anime..only God knows how this last episode of Lucky ☆ Star really gonna make me miss Konata and the gang like crazy.

Really enjoyed the full course dance version of Motteke!Sailor Fuku..
Old 2007-09-17, 18:05   Link #107
Calawain
Gaijin

I think this is going to be one of those times where the fact that it's over won't hit me until next Monday when I can't come home and start my LS torrent. It's not a show that made me cry at the end (I admit it, I'm looking at you Kanon), but I'll miss it dearly.

As for the episode itself, I gave it a 10/10 because I felt it was an excellent wrap for the series. It was rare in that it had a coherent plot from start to finish, but it was appropriate for the finale. I loved the fact that Patty had a lot of screen time for this episode, she was my favorite secondary character in the show and her seiyu once again was brilliant. Like many others I thought the dance was great, although I saw it coming right from the start. I was glad they gave every character some screen time to show why we loved them, no matter how small the part was. Lucky Star has an amazing supporting cast, and they really shined here.

Parts that made me laugh the most included:

-Zuka cafe, the yuri jokes and situations set up by Hiyori throughought the series provided a lot of laughs for me, especially since I watched Strawberry Panic a month ago.

-Kona-chan's Yuki outfit, complete with her prediction- I enjoyed the Haruhi references, I don't think they were as overwhelming as was feared earlier in the series

-Akira and Minoru showdown, looks like they didn't learn enough from Gotouzo-sama!

As for my overall series reaction, it's going right in my top 10 of all time, I absolutely loved this show. It was the show that brought me to these boards in particular, something to look forward to not only to watch, but to have multi-day discussions about. Whether it was culture, characters, or otaku references, the show got people talking all over, and here on the boards I really think there was a great dialogue.

People may compare it with AzuDaioh, but aside from them both being slice-of-life shows about high school girls they really have little in common. The characters, show style, animation, and subject matter are completely different. I think that both of them are masterpieces in their own right, and since I've read the AD manga I hope that soon they begin to release the LS manga source as well. I also can't wait for this to come out on DVD, not because I think the dub will be amazing, but because I really enjoy the show.

Well that's it for my rambling. I plan to stay around here on this board as, like AVPlaya said, I think that there is plenty to discuss about this show for a long time to come. I hope that people stick around here. And I also hope to see many of you on the Clannad boards =)
Old 2007-09-17, 18:06   Link #108
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

shiraishi ending felt old.

and it missed a certain sadness feel/ending feel.
Old 2007-09-17, 18:07   Link #109
GGP

oh, i forgot

and, another reason for season 2. they need to advertise the haruhi dvd's for season 2. what better way to do that, than in lucky star?
Old 2007-09-17, 18:28   Link #110
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

1/10

ended waaaay too soon, wasn't nearly as funny as previous episodes, and seemed to be wasting the time on multiple parts on purpose. If it ended about 2 minutes later, i may have given it a 5
Old 2007-09-17, 18:34   Link #111
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I was getting my hopes up for a live Motteke from the cast.
Seeing Aya's panties on the Gekisou video only whetted your appetite for more, huh?

The full Motteke worked a lot better for me than the full Hare Hare dance, especially since it was done entirely in context, bringing us full circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathreape98 View Post
If it ended about 2 minutes later, i may have given it a 5
If they had performed the dance twice you would have given it half marks rather than rock bottom. Huh?

Last edited by Shiroi Hane; 2007-09-17 at 18:37. Reason: avoiding a double-post
Old 2007-09-17, 18:45   Link #112
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Very nice episode ... happy yet bittersweet ending. It makes me kinda sad to end it. (there's this whole atmosphere) I didn't think I would miss the series this much before... ;_;

I wish they would do something else beside the Shiraishi song though... still 10/10, however

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-09-17, 18:47   Link #113
GGP

i didnt think id miss it this much either. and it just ended and the feeling is setting in

but, im working on a lucky star project so i wont get too sad. i suppose its cause i only watch L*S, that im very sad
Old 2007-09-17, 19:23   Link #114
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
They messed-up the ending.
Instead of showing there practice session, they should show full cheerleader dance with audience and having credits roll along with them dancing. That would have had a much greater impact.
That is, if they're not doing the 2nd season...
But maybe ending it at curtains opening is a metaphore to something bigger comming.
Old 2007-09-17, 19:24   Link #115
Hazelshock
Touch the bread and die

That was an amazing episodes ties up with the best episodes of this series but I'm disappointed that something so great had to come to an end, the very last moment of the episode hurt me on the inside, kinda feel really sad atm but kinda happy as well. Gonna miss Lucky Star I really enjoyed watching it
Old 2007-09-17, 19:32   Link #116
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I guess I'm the only one who's world isn't shattered by the ending of Lucky Star. It was enjoyable, but there are so many other shows out there to watch that are just as enjoyable that there's no need for me to feel that it's the end of an era as some are calling it elsewhere or that nothing is worth my time anymore. Plus with a new Gundam series around the corner I'm in better spirits then I've been in over 2 years. I'm movin' on down the line with no regrets. I wasn't as attached to Lucky Star as most (in fact there were a number of things I didn't like about it), but I just feel that no matter what it's not healthy to get to hung up on something and that moving on is and always will be a part of life.

Speaking of what is coming up, I should mention that Clannad isn't the only series coming out in the fall folks. Sometimes I wonder whether people are up to date with what's coming in Fall 2007. If not, Deathie wrote a post about it, so you can check that out. Kaoru Chujo also has a list up on his blog with commentary and information. Shounen, Mecha, Sci-Fi, er...loli, mystery, pretty much everything. The picks haven't been this good since the 90's. 2007 has been the best year of anime since the turn of the century. I truly believe it.
Old 2007-09-17, 19:55   Link #117
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I love Lucky*Star (manga/anime) a great deal... but "end of an era"???? That's just hyperbole and really only serves up fodder for the cranks on the negative end of the spectrum.

I enjoyed the ending, some marvelous bits of animation and characterization moments.
I'd like to see some OVAs down the road. I'm not sure I'd want a second season unless the 4-koma material accumulates for the younger wave of characters or a short season covers the last few months of the 'gang of 4' in high school.

Once you tell a story or complete the character study, its done. More would just dilute the impact. I'll now happily wait for the R1 release and add the series to my 'special shelf' for things like AzuDa, Ichigo Masimaro and such.
Old 2007-09-17, 19:59   Link #118
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

Decent ending and closure with this last episode. With all the bad endings in anime out there, closure is ALL I ask for! I'll definitely miss Lucky Star.

I'm going to admit; I thought the show was crap for the first 3 -5 episodes (before the director change), and I personally think KyoAni is overrated (and struck it rich with Haruhi, but I'll spare the rhetoric here)... But I've stuck with every single episode of this show.
Without the undeniably lovable and quirky characters, I don't think this show would have become popular as it has. When I wasn't too big on the show at first, I would watch the whole show for the great moments when Kagami would get pissed off at Konota. Classic.

I'd be iffy on a second season here; I mean, what else can you do with it. Now the idea for a spinoff with Misao and Ayano... I'm first in line for that <3
Old 2007-09-17, 20:04   Link #119
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Personally I would have been happier seeing the voice actresses appear in person in a karaoke studio at the end than another Shirashi ending.

I enjoyed this show, but like Kaioshin_Sama I'm not shattered that it's ended. As I commented in a PM recently, Lucky*Star to me was sort of the anime equivalent of fast food; tastes good going down but probably won't be a memorable dining experience. I might watch it again in a year or so the same way I did recently with Haruhi. Or I might have to watch it sooner with my daughter just for those daddy/daughter otaku scenes.

Right after we finish watching the remaining 50 or so episodes of Monster we have left.....

I did like the wistful character of the last two episodes, though. Rather a pleasant change of pace from the more gag-filled episodes that came before.
Old 2007-09-17, 20:09   Link #120
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye... a voice actor group ending would probably have sent my "9" to a "10". But at least I got a lot of good character moments to round it up.

Patty and Misao I will miss

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-09-17 at 23:37.
Closed Thread