AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-05, 12:12   Link #21
ellifeedn
Thinker

When I first saw that color spread I was going to complain that the women were dressed skimpily compared to the men, then I saw Franky...

Also, who is that guy with the massive hair sticking upwards? The one above Chopper.
Old 2012-12-05, 12:13   Link #22
ninetail1989
Dreamer

? he did slice the mountain into half....look...the lab is destroyed..liquid is flowing out from the SAD tanks....the mountain..is crumbling down...snow is falling~.avalance..~
Old 2012-12-05, 12:15   Link #23
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Also, who is that guy with the massive hair sticking upwards? The one above Chopper.
He is known today as Vice Admiral Strawberry. One of the five Buster Call VAs, the one with the crazy tall hat.
Can be seen at the Marineford War as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
? he did slice the mountain into half....look...the lab is destroyed..liquid is flowing out from the SAD tanks....the mountain..is crumbling down...snow is falling~.avalance..~
And? I said he didn't cut the island in half, and the translation is wrong.
He doesn't "warp in" "warp out", he can switch places within his field of "room", which doesn't cover an entire island, and certainly doesn't give him enough space to "warp into an island".
I don't think you understand how his power works.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-12-05 at 12:25.
Old 2012-12-05, 12:17   Link #24
Slydragon93
Anime & Manga Reviewer

Chapter was pretty good, however I am really eager to find out about Doflamingo's past and I felt bad for when Ceaser unleashed the gas even though it meant his being left behind. However can't wait too see Luffy send off ceasser with his Bazooka attack with the arnament haki.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-12-06 at 13:20. Reason: deleted youtube link...
Old 2012-12-05, 12:33   Link #25
ninetail1989
Dreamer

lo..think outside the box a bit....the room he create to cut the entire mountain...its freaking wide u know..and if he can just create a room freely...warp to the edge of the room then create another room then warp again...rinse and repeat...its still a bloody gay warp....
if he can SLICE horizontally to cut apart the mountain....WHAT if...he slice Vertically..nt sure if it can get deep enough to slice till the roots but who knows.

the only crap i dont understand about his power is the Counter Shock thingy..seems nothing related to his Room ability/surgeon at all.
Old 2012-12-05, 13:21   Link #26
Kona
Banned

Can we move on to the next Arc already? Getting tired of this.
Old 2012-12-05, 13:32   Link #27
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post
lo..think outside the box a bit....the room he create to cut the entire mountain...its freaking wide u know..and if he can just create a room freely...warp to the edge of the room then create another room then warp again...rinse and repeat...its still a bloody gay warp....
if he can SLICE horizontally to cut apart the mountain....WHAT if...he slice Vertically..nt sure if it can get deep enough to slice till the roots but who knows.

the only crap i dont understand about his power is the Counter Shock thingy..seems nothing related to his Room ability/surgeon at all.
You said warp in warp out. No, he can't do that. Only way he could "warp out" is if he repeats spamming his two moves over and over in reverse.
If was to cast room, cast shambles, cast room, cast shambles, it's not any faster than, oh I dunno, Geppou and soru through a field.
You're blowing this whole Law is OP-ness thing way out of proportion.

As for counter shock, you've never seen those in the operation room? They're called defibrillators.
They are completely related to operation/surgeon thingy.
You should watch more ER themed shows!

Also, can we please stop... this... pointless... spamming... of.... periods.... everywhere... because... you're making ... me... fall... asleep....
omg that is annoying as all hell to read, especially when I just got off a long day's work.

Zzzzz......

Last edited by aohige; 2012-12-05 at 13:43.
Old 2012-12-05, 14:03   Link #28
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Some people are saying this or that ability is overpowered, but what do you guys expect? Now that we've entered the New World portion of the story, you can bet that we're going to be seeing lots of haxness to come. The top dogs either have freakishly strong haki, a dangerous combination of haki with a hax devil fruit, or just hax devil fruits. The real challenges await.
Old 2012-12-05, 14:06   Link #29
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'm just waiting for a true ZA WAARUDO haxer.
Every ability-based shounen has at least one of those mofos.

Not noro noro crap, mind you.
Old 2012-12-05, 15:24   Link #30
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Colour page was awesome, seeing all the Marines from before is great stuff.

Usopp really does get some great lines some times, I still truly hope we'll Sogeking at some point, yes he's gotten stronger and he doesn't need that alter ego now but come on, it's Sogeking!
Everyone wants to see Sogeking sing his song!

And now Luffy about to lay some real smack down on Ceasar's face

I just wonder how they will deal with the gas is the big question, actually kinda hope it's a life or death situation needed in order to stop it.
That would certainly put a real kick to things this arc.
Old 2012-12-05, 15:39   Link #31
Somnus
Eh?

Atta boy, Caesar. Keep at it.

We love it when the baddie pisses Luffy off, it makes for one hell of a show. He's gone from "I'm going to right wrongs!" to "Your a** is grass, and I'm the lawnmower."

Great setup chapter.
Old 2012-12-05, 15:41   Link #32
marvelB

Damn, I didn't notice that Kanon had posted the color page before my earlier post. That's what I get for rushing my posts, I guess:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Color page of the year, all years.

Young Garp looks awesome, as do pretty much every character in there, really.

Anyways, this is AMAZING. And I'm actually kinda surprised that so few people commented on it so far (c'mon BDK, where's the marine love, man? ). I love how we even see younger versions of guys like T-Bone, that one marine who destroyed Zoro's Yubashiri at the EL Buster Call, Saul, and even Vergo! Though I can't tell whether Bogart appears in that spread or not....

BTW, Aokiji is looking a LOT like Rob Lucci in that pic, which is something I find hilarious because I remember back when the EL arc was running a lot of people had assumed the two of them were brothers.

And going back to the current chapter..... As I said before, I think it would have been smarter if Law just took Vergo's heart. As things are now, the dude's most likely going to escape the SAD room (probably with the help of Dofla's reinforcements), and seek revenge on Law.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I'm just waiting for a true ZA WAARUDO haxer.
Every ability-based shounen has at least one of those mofos.

Not noro noro crap, mind you.

Been saying it for years now: Blackbeard's ultimate ability will involve time manipulation. Mark my words.
Old 2012-12-05, 16:01   Link #33
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Color page of the year, all years.

Young Garp looks awesome, as do pretty much every character in there, really.
Who is the woman next to Garp?
Old 2012-12-05, 16:05   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Who is the woman next to Garp?

Probably Tsuru, though I think Ain (Film Z villain who's also a former marine) could be a good guess as well, I think.

And actually, looking at the spread again, that's probably Bogart's face that's shown to Sengoku's right (though he's kinda obscured by Z's arm).....
Old 2012-12-05, 16:50   Link #35
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, this is AMAZING. And I'm actually kinda surprised that so few people commented on it so far (c'mon BDK, where's the marine love, man? ). I love how we even see younger versions of guys like T-Bone, that one marine who destroyed Zoro's Yubashiri at the EL Buster Call, Saul, and even Vergo! Though I can't tell whether Bogart appears in that spread or not....
Indeed, that pic is awesome. I'm pretty sure the woman right next to Garp is Tsuru. I must say that when Garp is clean-shaven, he looks a lot like Luffy. That smile of his is very much akin to Luffy's. Young Sentoumaru looks hilarious (he didn't seem to be as chubby back then). And for an old guy, Z is pretty damn jacked. He looks comparable to Whitebeard with his physique.
Old 2012-12-05, 18:21   Link #36
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Probably Tsuru, though I think Ain (Film Z villain who's also a former marine) could be a good guess as well, I think.

And actually, looking at the spread again, that's probably Bogart's face that's shown to Sengoku's right (though he's kinda obscured by Z's arm).....
Also think it's Tsuru, since there is no one else on the image that could be Tsuru, seems like the only conclusion.

And I too actually did think that guy could have been Bogart(was looking for anyone that resembled a faceless guy lol)but then thought nah don't think so.
Oda hasn't shown his face since the start and I think it would be a big let down to do so now with a simple but yes a rather awesome colour spread.
He has to have his epic moment in the story and even then Oda could still continue to cover his face till the end.
It's part of his character

Would totolly love to see side story adventure of Garp and Sengoku at that time period, seeing all the marines as they were before.
Old 2012-12-05, 19:44   Link #37
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Gotta say, Caesar's new form reminds me too much of Moria's Shadow Asgard form~
Old 2012-12-05, 19:51   Link #38
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 691
That was a pretty good chapter. Law or Smoker should have finished Vergo off, but instead they leave him in the SAD room thinking he will die. They may live to regret this decision. Luffy needs to finish this, CC is just having a fit now.

Dolfamingo's option
My thinking have the two (Baby Five & Buffalo) you sent to save Monet and Vergo. Have them regroup and intercept the Straw Hats and Law, to save CC. The Sad factory may be destroyed but the knowledge is not.

One Piece Z Film art cover
Garp looks like Zoro. Seeing everyone at a young age is kinda weird.
Old 2012-12-05, 19:53   Link #39
Diveman

I think this arc should end already. I'm not saying it's bad but, we didn't see much action from the rest of the gang other than a small Zoro vs Monet and Sanjo vs Vergo fight (this one didn't even finish)
Old 2012-12-05, 19:59   Link #40
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
I think this arc should end already. I'm not saying it's bad but, we didn't see much action from the rest of the gang other than a small Zoro vs Monet and Sanjo vs Vergo fight (this one didn't even finish)
Most likely we will see Dolfamingo's crew in this arc.
Closed Thread